Ascension library closes after staffs test positive for coronavirus
After several staff members of the Ascension Parish Library System tested positive for the novel coronavirus, the library system has decided to temporarily close all of its locations.
A library news release said the decision "was made for the health and safety of both our staff and patrons."
Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Curbside services, however, will continue and the book drops will remain open. No late fees will be issued during this time. The library is offering technology room access, including technology room access and reference help for one-hour appointments only, which can be made by calling to reserve a time slot.
Anyone entering the library must wear a mask.
For those without a library card, you can sign up for an eCard on the library's website at https://bit.ly/eCardSignUpAPL.
For more information, call library director Jennifer Patterson during operating hours at (225) 647-3955; visit http://www.myAPL.org, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@myAPLibrary).
Ascension Parish Clerk of Court Bridget Hanna has announced the dates for qualifying as a candidate for the Nov. 3 election. Qualifying will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.July 22-24 at the Clerks Office, 815 E. Worthey St., Gonzales, or 300 Houmas St., Donaldsonville.
Qualifying will be held for the following offices: 23rd Judicial District judges; 23rd Judicial district attorney; justices of the peace; constables; Donaldsonville Council members and mayor; and Gonzales mayor, chief of police and council members.
For information, call the Clerks Office at (225) 473-9866 or (225) 621-8400, ext. 223.
As part of efforts to fight litter and clean up Ascension Parish, President Clint Cointment announced that Ascension Parish is accepting white goods at the Recycling Center on Churchpoint Road.
We have contracted with a company to haul away scrap metal from our recycling center, Cointment said. And they pay us for the metal they take.
White goods are any large machines used in routine housekeeping, such as cooking, food preservation, or cleaning, whether in a household, institutional, commercial or industrial setting. White goods include refrigerators, freezers, stoves, washers, dryers, dishwashers and water heaters.
Cointment said the parish has been accepting scrap metal and has a separate bin specifically designated for metals.
The Recycling Center is at the DPW headquarters, 42077 Churchpoint Road in Gonzales. Operating hours are Monday to Thursday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The rest is here:
- Ascension to legislative leadership is bittersweet for Talbot Ross - Press Herald - January 5th, 2021
- Ascension Seton to offer COVID-19 vaccines to high-risk staff in Round Rock ISD - KXAN.com - January 5th, 2021
- Santa Rosa County, Ascension to administer thousands of COVID-19 vaccines this week - WKRG News 5 - January 5th, 2021
- Wellsville's Church of the Ascension | News, Sports, Jobs - The Review - The Review - January 5th, 2021
- Ascension St. Marys preparing to open new Emergency Care Center to public - MLive.com - January 5th, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics To Open Wednesday For Persons 65 And Older - NorthEscambia.com - January 5th, 2021
- Ascension Partners with Ochsner to Offer Free COVID-19 Tests - The Advocate - January 5th, 2021
- In the making for more than three years, Move Ascension program bears fruit for road work - The Advocate - January 5th, 2021
- Ascension welcomes first babies of 2021 - WSMV Nashville - January 5th, 2021
- Scotlandville's passing sparks win over East Ascension | High School Sports - The Advocate - January 5th, 2021
- Gonzales native discovers new species of snake native to the Philippines - The Advocate - January 5th, 2021
- Notable Heroes in Health Care: Maternal Health Initiative - BizTimes - Milwaukee Business News - December 16th, 2020
- Notable Heroes in Health Care: ORell Williams - BizTimes - Milwaukee Business News - December 16th, 2020
- Feeding the Front Lines: See behind the scenes on a day of giving - MLive.com - December 16th, 2020
- Powell's WWE Raw Hit List: The Drew McIntyre and AJ Styles WWE Championship ascension ceremony for WWE TLC, The Hurt Business vs. Kofi Kingston,... - December 16th, 2020
- Ascension again partners with Ochsner for free coronavirus testing - The Advocate - December 16th, 2020
- Fire at Ascension hospital in Rochester Hills leads to extensive damage - The Oakland Press - November 30th, 2020
- SLU names resident student teacher of the year - The Advocate - November 30th, 2020
- ASCENSION OF THE WATCHERS Featuring Former FEAR FACTORY Vocalist BURTON C. BELL Debuts Apocrypha Mini-Documentary - bravewords.com - November 30th, 2020
- The Arc of East Ascension celebrates giving season - Weekly Citizen - November 30th, 2020
- Prince Charles ascension to throne could increase dangers for monarchy - The News International - November 30th, 2020
- Game of the Week preview: Captain Shreve @ East Ascension - KTBS - November 30th, 2020
- Ascension Parish Public Schools recognizes 2020-21 Students of the Year - BRProud.com - November 30th, 2020
- Nonprofit encourages the community to create fundraising pages - The Advocate - November 30th, 2020
- East Ascension uses defense, big plays to power its way by Captain Shreve 28-14 - The Advocate - November 30th, 2020
- The Early Ascension Of The Nuggets - RealGM.com - September 18th, 2020
- New Fort Worth Ascension Coffee to be a Showcase for Significant Changes With the Popular Concept - PaperCity Magazine - September 18th, 2020
- St. Marys Healthcare independent ministry again - The Recorder - September 18th, 2020
- St. Michael's mental health unit recognized with Providing Hope Award - wausaupilotandreview.com - September 18th, 2020
- 2020 Ascension Catholic football should have touches of the past, present, future - The Advocate - September 18th, 2020
- When can Ascension Parish block new neighborhoods over traffic? A lawsuit puts it to the test - The Advocate - September 18th, 2020
- Ascension to resume walk-in clinic for fall sports on Saturday - WNEM Saginaw - September 18th, 2020
- Around Ascension for Sept. 16, 2020 | Ascension | theadvocate.com - The Advocate - September 18th, 2020
- 9/11 remembrance ceremony pays tribute to people killed in 2001 terrorists attacks - The Advocate - September 18th, 2020
- Olive Adds $106MM to Transform Healthcare Payments with AI Workforce - PRNewswire - September 18th, 2020
- James Riley Maher - The Gazette - September 18th, 2020
- Ascension Sacred Heart to open free standing ER in Lynn Haven - The News Herald - September 11th, 2020
- Anthem, Ascension Wisconsin Partner to Offer ACA Health Plans in 2021 - Business Wire - September 11th, 2020
- Around Ascension for Sept. 9, 2020 | Ascension | theadvocate.com - The Advocate - September 11th, 2020
- Ascension Living can help keep seniors in their homes - KSDK.com - September 11th, 2020
- Class of 2017 physician publishes article on empathy immigrants bring to health care - The South End - September 11th, 2020
- Duchess Camilla to be under legal duress following Prince Charles ascension to the throne - The News International - September 11th, 2020
- Aces all around: Efficient Parkview Baptist excels in 3-0 victory over East Ascension - The Advocate - September 11th, 2020
- John Couvillon to speak at Ascension GOP Roundtable - Weekly Citizen - September 11th, 2020
- Check out the Week 1 High School Volleyball Schedule for Baton Rouge - The Advocate - September 11th, 2020
- 20 Highly Anticipated Albums We Can't Wait To Hear This Fall/Winter - This Song is Sick - September 11th, 2020
- VIDEO: Extreme Performer David Blaine Floats High Above the Earth From a Bunch of Balloons - ourcommunitynow.com - September 11th, 2020
- Drop in Baton Rouge-area cases after mask mandate, bar closures may have stalled - The Advocate - September 11th, 2020
- David Blaines Ascension Live Stunt Breaks YouTube Record - Deadline - September 8th, 2020
- David Blaine Flies Up and Away with 'The Ascension' - My Modern Met - September 8th, 2020
- Around Ascension for Sept. 2, 2020 | Ascension | theadvocate.com - The Advocate - September 8th, 2020
- VIDEO: Extreme Performer David Blaine Floats High Above the Earth From a Bunch of Balloons - Our Community Now at Maryland - September 8th, 2020
- Dutchtown Griffins bring positive attitude heading into a season with unknowns - The Advocate - September 8th, 2020
- No - Space.com - September 2nd, 2020
- David Blaine's balloon flight over Page, Arizona, goes off without a hitch. Watch here - The Arizona Republic - September 2nd, 2020
- Ascension Michigan health system to lay off and outsource 223 IT jobs in Troy - Detroit Free Press - September 2nd, 2020
- Bicyclist, teen driver killed in separate Ascension crashes overnight, officials say - The Advocate - September 2nd, 2020
- Ground-Breaking Ceremony for Ascension Saint Thomas New Salem Surgery Center - rutherfordsource.com - September 2nd, 2020
- Ascension Seton Hospital ranked 14th best in Texas - Hays Free Press - September 2nd, 2020
- Ascension school district hits ground running in plans for new high school construction - The Advocate - September 2nd, 2020
- PerimeterX Platform Named Best Application Security Solution by the 2020 Tech Ascension Awards - Security Boulevard - September 2nd, 2020
- UAB and Ascension St. Vincent's hospitals named to third-annual hospital rankings for exceptional consumer loyalty - UAB News - September 2nd, 2020
- New $5.6M roundabout opens in Sorrento; here's why Ascension Parish is investing in several - The Advocate - August 10th, 2020
- Around Ascension for Aug. 5, 2020 | Ascension | theadvocate.com - The Advocate - August 10th, 2020
- Motorcyclist, passenger airlifted to Kalamazoo hospital after being thrown from bike in crash - mlive.com - August 10th, 2020
- BREAKING: Former UFC Champion Robbie Lawler Steps in to Face Neil Magny on August 29th - EssentiallySports - August 10th, 2020
- Advocate Aurora is short on COVID-19 supplies and will close most testing sites, stop testing some patients before surgery - Milwaukee Journal... - August 10th, 2020
- Wisconsin's COVID-19 testing ability dropping because supplies are being redirected to other states - Journal Times - August 10th, 2020
- Wichita hospital in need of plasma donations from recovered COVID-19 patients - KSN-TV - August 10th, 2020
- 148 new COVID-19 cases in Escambia and Santa Rosa bring cumulative total to 13,595 - Pensacola News Journal - August 10th, 2020
- The Community of the Bible COVID-19 Bible Study - Episcopal News Service - August 10th, 2020
- Mammograms shouldnt be ignored because of COVID-19 - WTMJ - August 10th, 2020
- Ascension Sacred Heart expands COVID-19 testing at three drive-thru sites - Pensacola News Journal - August 9th, 2020
- ASCENSION OF THE WATCHERS Feat. FEAR FACTORY's BURTON C. BELL - Apocrypha Album Tracklisting Revealed - bravewords.com - August 8th, 2020
- These are the Baton Rouge-area school districts starting in-person class this week - The Advocate - August 8th, 2020
- Ascension Parish Sheriff's deputy dies after weeks-long battle with coronavirus - The Advocate - August 8th, 2020
- The Ascension Recall The Pitch And Reaction To Their Egyptian Gimmick, Nevilles Mighty Mouse Costume - Wrestlezone - August 8th, 2020
- Song Sung This Ascension is Ours - musicOMH.com - August 8th, 2020
- Starting Friday in the 60s, ending in the 90s - WBRZ - August 8th, 2020
- After F-bombs to parish employee, Ascension councilman apologizes but is expected to face censure - The Advocate - August 7th, 2020