Billionaire entrepreneur Mark Cuban said Sunday that he would not rule out running for president this year. Cuban owns the Dallas Mavericks professional basketball team and is one of the shark investors on the ABC reality television series Shark Tank.
I would've never considered it prior to a month ago. Now things are changing rapidly and dramatically, Cuban said on the Fox News Sunday program. Im not saying no, but it's not something Im actively pursuing. Im just keeping the door open.
Cuban, who is worth an estimated $4.1billion according to Forbes, has previously described himself as somewhat of a libertarian.
"Not so much libertarian as much as I'd like to be libertarian, he told ABC Dallas-based affiliate WFAA in 2015. "When I think libertarian, it's 'as small of a government as we can get, right now you just cut right through it and you make it [smaller] right now.' That's not real. There's got to be a process. There's got to be a transition. As a country, we make decisions. We make decisions that we're going to provide healthcare, right? We don't just let people die on the street. You can go into any hospital and they have to treat you."
Cuban has also said that while he would be interested in joining the Republican party, he feels the party is too rigid.
"I'm a Republican in the respect that I like smaller government and I like less intrusion in some areas. But there's sometimes where I think we have to intrude. I think there's sometimes when you have to do things," he continued.
The November election will likely be a race between Republicanincumbent Donald Trump, who is seeking a second term, and Democratic rival former Vice President Joe Biden. Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders exited the race last week, leaving Biden as the almost certain Democratic nominee.
Cuban and Trump have feuded since 2016. Cuba, who endorsed Hillary Clinton,had harsh words for Trump at a Clinton campaign stop in Pittsburgh.
"You know what we call a person like that in Pittsburgh? A jagoff," Cuban said. "Is there any bigger jagoff in the world than Donald Trump?"
Trump would later callCubandopey" andnot smart.
The ongoing coronavirus outbreak has canceled in-person campaign rallies, forcing candidates to resort to digital events. As of Monday at 2:15 p.m. ET, there have been560,891 cases and 22,681-coronavirus-related deaths in the U.S.
- With civil libertarians, its often one-way traffic - The Age - July 13th, 2020
- Election commissioners preparing for voting process in November | News, Sports, Jobs - Evening Observer - July 13th, 2020
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: COVID-19 infects the presidential ballot - Martinsville Bulletin - July 13th, 2020
- What would it take for Kanye West to get on the ballot in Pennsylvania? - WHYY - July 13th, 2020
- Enlightenment liberalism is losing ground in the debate about race - The Economist - July 13th, 2020
- Rothbard on Substitutionism | Mises Wire - The Shepherd of the Hills Gazette - July 13th, 2020
- Opinion: Trump and the GOP's control of the U.S. Senate - Oklahoman.com - July 12th, 2020
- Justin Amashs potential third-party presidential bid, explained - Vox.com - May 5th, 2020
- Armed mobs: the grim apotheosis of libertarianism - National Catholic Reporter - May 5th, 2020
- Political scientist finds disconnect in Libertarian Party platform, voters - University of Dayton - News Home - May 1st, 2020
- Be Free: A Libertarian Look At The Music Of Kemo The Blaxician - The Libertarian Republic - May 1st, 2020
- What You Need to Know About the CARES Act - The Libertarian Republic - May 1st, 2020
- Who should be included in the libertarian canon - UConn Daily Campus - April 19th, 2020
- The insipid libertarian memes of COVID-19 - Ryan Bohl - Elemental - April 19th, 2020
- COVID-19 is killing minor parties' ability to get candidates on the ballot in Minnesota - MinnPost - April 19th, 2020
- We need to be the Rosa Parks: Trump ally plans Wisconsin protest of coronavirus restrictions - POLITICO - April 19th, 2020
- Berkeley institution Top Dog is on the ropes. But they still wont take federal aid. - SFGate - April 19th, 2020
- Why You Should Be a Socialist and a Marxist - Jacobin magazine - April 19th, 2020
- The Hill's Campaign Report: 200 days to Election Day 2020 | TheHill - The Hill - April 19th, 2020
- The Coronavirus Outbreak Is Exposing Government Follies on Many Levels - Reason - April 6th, 2020
- Stuck at Home? Read about the History of Liberty - Cato Institute - April 6th, 2020
- This Libertarian Country Defeated The Coronavirus With The Free Market - Patheos - April 6th, 2020
- A Little-Known Democratic Governor Is Breaking Out in Kentucky - The Intercept - April 6th, 2020
- Three political philosophies, and how they apply to the coronavirus pandemic - BioEdge - April 6th, 2020
- Beyond Originalism - The Atlantic - April 6th, 2020
- The Coronavirus Pandemic Has Set Off A Massive Expansion Of Government Surveillance. Civil Libertarians Aren't Sure What To Do. - BuzzFeed News - April 2nd, 2020
- Will County GOP, Libertarians worry how COVID-19 will affect third party ballot access - The Herald-News - April 2nd, 2020
- Democratic lawmaker on stimulus vote delay: 'There will be blood on Thomas Massie's hands' | TheHill - The Hill - April 2nd, 2020
- Working Together Is What Humans Are Built to Do: Social Trust Is Key to Stemming the Coronavirus Crisis - The New Yorker - April 2nd, 2020
- What Are The Best ASUS Routers in 2020? - The Libertarian Republic - April 2nd, 2020
- Shapiro: Stop pretending pandemic politics are the new norm - Daily Herald - April 2nd, 2020
- In a pandemic, Nobody thinks we should smoke more weed - The Boston Globe - April 2nd, 2020
- Here are the candidates - Walterboro Live - April 2nd, 2020
- Visions of Liberty - Cato Institute - April 2nd, 2020
- Don't Think of Massie as a Hero - American Greatness - April 2nd, 2020
- COVID-19 and . . . 2024? - National Review - March 26th, 2020
- Margaret Thatcher, Libertarianism, and the Etherization of the Single Tax - Merion West - March 26th, 2020
- Illinois third-party candidates seek changes to ballot access amid COVID-19 pandemic - WGEM - March 26th, 2020
- The benefits of sex after 60 - The Libertarian Republic - March 26th, 2020
- Jordan Keeps Coronavirus In Check With One Of The World's Strictest Lockdowns | NPR - KCRW - March 26th, 2020
- Tiger King is the weird docu-series distraction we can use right now - Q13 News Seattle - March 26th, 2020
- In Remembrance of Jon Basil Utley (1934-2020) | Cato @ Liberty - Cato Institute - March 26th, 2020
- The duties we owe to the state - The Conservative Woman - March 26th, 2020
- The small-government case for giving everyone a big check - The Week - March 26th, 2020
- Libertarian Party reminds people they have 15 candidates running for president - week.com - March 16th, 2020
- Yes, There Are Libertarians in Pandemics - Reason - March 16th, 2020
- Tired: There Are No Libertarians in a Pandemic. Wired: There Are Only Libertarians in a Pandemic. - Reason - March 16th, 2020
- There Are No Libertarians in an Epidemic - The Atlantic - March 16th, 2020
- Seeking change and acceptance: Sex worker and political candidate riles things up in Orleans and beyond - The Daily News Online - March 16th, 2020
- Tech think tank chief to step down after Trump death tweet - POLITICO - March 16th, 2020
- Petition to ban sanctuary cities approved on Winnacunnet school ballot - Seacoastonline.com - March 16th, 2020
- When Should Lay Voters Defer to the Views of Scientists? - Reason - March 16th, 2020
- Ben Shapiro: What coronavirus should teach us - Grand Forks Herald - March 16th, 2020
- Candidates who filed for office in Nevada - Las Vegas Review-Journal - March 16th, 2020
- The conservative movement is a public health hazard - The Week - March 16th, 2020
- The Sanders Campaign: Another Failure of Socialism? - The National Interest - March 16th, 2020
- This week: Senate balances surveillance fight with growing coronavirus concerns | TheHill - The Hill - March 16th, 2020
- Whitmer nominated to appear on Libertarian line for 27th district special election - WIVB.com - News 4 - February 24th, 2020
- This Obscure Foundation Helped Fund The Alt-Right - New York Magazine - February 24th, 2020
- The anti-Greta: A conservative think tank takes on the global phenomenon - msnNOW - February 24th, 2020
- How George Washington Can Revive Fusionism On The Right - The Federalist - February 24th, 2020
- Breaking the Two-Party Paradigm - Fort Worth Weekly - February 24th, 2020
- Conservatives are concerned, but is liberal indoctrination really an issue at UNL and UNO? - Omaha World-Herald - February 24th, 2020
- 'Rape of Britain': Russia Rolls Out the Red Carpet for 'Tommy Robinson' - Byline Times - February 24th, 2020
- Voter Registration Is Up as Island Prepares for Presidential Primary - The Vineyard Gazette - Martha's Vineyard News - February 24th, 2020
- Bbb-but, Gorsuch? - Above the Law - February 24th, 2020
- Libertarian party gives us a choice (letter to the editor) - SILive.com - February 17th, 2020
- Andrew Yang, Who Wanted Libertarians in His Coalition and Opposed Cancel Culture, Exits the Democratic Race - Reason - February 17th, 2020
- Yang Is Out. Yangism Is Here to Stay. - New York Magazine - February 17th, 2020
- Tulsi Gabbard Hopes Libertarian-Minded New Hampshire Will Save Her Presidential Run - BuzzFeed News - February 17th, 2020
- Sanders and Bloomberg want to redistribute wealth. Most millionaires and billionaires don't. - Thehour.com - February 17th, 2020
- Koch showers millions on think tanks to push a restrained foreign policy - POLITICO - February 17th, 2020
- Tuesday is the deadline to register to vote in March primary - The-review - February 17th, 2020
- Where to Get Writing Inspiration? - The Libertarian Republic - February 17th, 2020
- Letters: What type of person do we want in charge?; Tolls arent the only answer to congestion; more letters (2/16/20) - The Denver Post - February 17th, 2020
- Why Trump won't be the only Republican presidential candidate in the N.C. primaries - The Daily Tar Heel - February 17th, 2020
- The 8 Republicans who voted to curb Trump's Iran war powers | TheHill - The Hill - February 17th, 2020
- New Hampshire 2020: This is just the beginning - NationofChange - February 17th, 2020
- Low voter turnout at the Iowa Libertarian Party Caucus - Oskaloosa Herald - February 12th, 2020
- Early voting starts Thursday - Winston-Salem Journal - February 12th, 2020