These examples are from the Cambridge English Corpus and from sources on the web. Any opinions in the examples do not represent the opinion of the Cambridge Dictionary editors or of Cambridge University Press or its licensors.
Behind global economic rationalization is an emphasis on libertarian freedom and efficiency, not equality or democracy.
But surely, so this libertarian contends, we may not benefit some persons at the expense of others.
From the libertarian perspective, such self-deception is naturally understood as an expression of our freedom.
In the libertarian view, the institution has a legitimate right as well as a responsibility to view this issue from a marketplace, libertarian perspective.
The libertarian can hold that every choice you make may be motivated by desires and, to some extent, explicable through reasons.
Although by no means as important as the left-right dimension, they are at least as important in contemporary voting behaviour as the libertarian-authoritarian dimension.
Deontological libertarians tend to be fairly confident about their political stance - they think it rests on secure, deontological foundations.
Ageing reverses these libertarian possibilities in producing a contradiction between the fixedness of the body and the fluidity of social images.
The role of tort compensation schemes within libertarian, liberal egalitarian, and utilitarian theories of distributive justice is discussed.
She herself has a divided response to that ideal, as is indicated by her rejection of hard libertarian antipaternalism.
I call into question this strategy for defending a libertarian order.
There are few libertarians who believe free will is not central to the meaning and character of human life.
In other words, many libertarians have believed that the exercise of free will extends to most of the actions of free agents.
In its detail, however, the government's strategy was a mixture of libertarian economic ideology and inherited policy instruments.
It leads to the more libertarian conclusion but it does not justify it - it is ad hoc.
Go here to read the rest:
- The Libertarian Movement Needs a Kick in the Pants - Reason - January 5th, 2020
- Libertarian says college district is using the number 8 to influence Chinese voters - The Daily Post - January 5th, 2020
- What libertarianism has become and will become State Capacity Libertarianism - Hot Air - January 5th, 2020
- A look ahead to the 2020 elections: Answers to some of the big questions - Hickory Daily Record - January 5th, 2020
- Bill Weld: Ho-Hum, Donald Trump Ordered The Assassination Of Qassem Suleimani OpEd - Eurasia Review - January 5th, 2020
- Work for Dominic Cummings at your peril, but his take on the states flaws is not without merit - The Guardian - January 5th, 2020
- Meet the Kochs - The Mountain -Ear - January 5th, 2020
- Disputed Appointments and the Supreme Court's Legitimacy, in 1937 and Today - Cato Institute - January 5th, 2020
- Libertarianism - Wikipedia - January 4th, 2020
- Libertarian | Definition of Libertarian at Dictionary.com - January 4th, 2020
- What Is Libertarian - Institute for Humane Studies - January 4th, 2020
- Broome County officials take oath of office to kick off 2020 - WBNG-TV - January 4th, 2020
- White nationalist who ran for Senate, claimed to have consumed goat blood, is arrested in Florida - FOX 10 News Phoenix - January 4th, 2020
- Republicans are the party of civil liberties as Democrats walk away | TheHill - The Hill - December 26th, 2019
- National View Column: Watch for a Trump-Trump ticket and more in 2020 - Duluth News Tribune - December 26th, 2019
- Holcomb and cell phones: The inch that becomes a mile - Greenfield Daily Reporter - December 26th, 2019
- Are Conservatives Soul-Searching in the Wrong Places? - CNSNews.com - December 26th, 2019
- The Buzz 12.26.19 - Monterey County Weekly - December 26th, 2019
- libertarianism | Definition, Doctrines, History, & Facts ... - December 21st, 2019
- Libertarian Party - Ballotpedia - December 21st, 2019
- Green Party, Libertarian Team Up To Fight New Election Rules - WCBS 880 - December 21st, 2019
- Libertarianism.org | Exploring the theory and history of ... - December 21st, 2019
- The government must make sure technology serves public interest. The alternative is a libertarian free-for-all - The Guardian - December 21st, 2019
- Here's what's on the March 2020 ballot in Stark County - Canton Repository - December 21st, 2019
- How CBD Gummies Gray Areas Should Be Handled - The Libertarian Republic - December 21st, 2019
- Tulsi Gabbard Beamed in to Her Debate Night Alternative Event - The Daily Beast - December 21st, 2019
- Useful Tips for Writing an Application in College - The Libertarian Republic - December 21st, 2019
- Here's what's on the March 2020 ballot in Stark County - Massillon Independent - December 18th, 2019
- Amash says it's Congress's duty to impeach Trump | TheHill - The Hill - December 18th, 2019
- Holcomb and cell phones: The inch that becomes a mile - Journal Review - December 18th, 2019
- What types of radios are there? - The Libertarian Republic - December 18th, 2019
- Released From Prison, Young Libertarian Russian Activist Sporting 'Don't Tread On Me' Flag Wants To Be Russia's President - Tsarizm - December 18th, 2019
- Yes, there's a candidate for president from Connecticut - CT Insider - December 18th, 2019
- Registered 'No Party Preference'? You're Gonna Have to Tell the Elections Office Which Ballot You Want in the March Primaries - Lost Coast Outpost - December 18th, 2019
- The 'Green' new deal that Tom Perez needs to make | TheHill - The Hill - December 18th, 2019
- What's behind Rep. Dean Phillips' push to get Rep. Justin Amash on the impeachment team - MinnPost - December 18th, 2019
- Third-Party Candidates in Texas Want a Fair Shot - Reform Austin - December 18th, 2019
- Greens, Libertarians to sue over third party barriers - Times Union - December 13th, 2019
- Alan Dershowitz to Newsmax TV: Silence of the Libertarians - Newsmax - December 13th, 2019
- Bill Weld Will Be On Mass. Primary Ballots Despite The State GOP's Effort To Block Him - WBUR - December 13th, 2019
- No Party Preference Voters Encouraged to Complete Presidential Primary Ballot Selection Postcards by the New Year - YubaNet - December 13th, 2019
- Natalie Adona: 'Tis the seasonfor crossover voting? - YubaNet - December 13th, 2019
- Here are 'The Five' questions we asked Fox News' Greg Gutfeld ahead of his Knoxville show - Knoxville News Sentinel - December 13th, 2019
- Villains and VigilantesCitizens of the Dark Web - CTech - December 13th, 2019
- What Progressives and Libertarians have cost America - Gilmer Mirror - October 24th, 2019
- Is The Koch Network Winning Its War On Occupational Licensing? - TPM - October 24th, 2019
- District Attorney candidates debate at SUNY Broome: Here are the takeaways - Pressconnects - October 24th, 2019
- What the Kentucky governor candidates' running mate's role will be in the administration - Courier Journal - October 24th, 2019
- Services That Help With Education - The Libertarian Republic - October 24th, 2019
- Justin Amash: Republican who took on Trump won't rule out White House run - The Guardian - October 24th, 2019
- Billy Bragg Wants Three-Dimensional Freedom. But Can We Afford That? - Reason - October 24th, 2019
- These Trump Voters Say They Might Abandon Him Over Vapes - VICE - October 24th, 2019
- David Harsanyi, American Hero, Heads To National Review - The Federalist - October 24th, 2019
- Less government is main focus for Libertarian candidate Darcy Neal Donnelly - The Review Newspaper - October 1st, 2019
- Could our next president be a Libertarian? | TheHill - The Hill - October 1st, 2019
- Who's Right on Impeachment: Rand Paul, Justin Amash, or Jeff Flake? - Reason - October 1st, 2019
- #CivilWarSignup Trends on Twitter After Trump Suggests His Impeachment Will Lead to Civil War - Mediaite - October 1st, 2019
- Williams: Youth and ignorance | Opinion - Longview News-Journal - October 1st, 2019
- Early voting starts soon | News - Kokomo Perspective - October 1st, 2019
- November election will include many contested races - OBSERVER-REVIEW.COM - October 1st, 2019
- MAGA Hat Wearers Harass the Elderly (Kidding, It Was Antifa) | VodkaPundit - PJ Media - October 1st, 2019
- Protecting Big Tech From Big Government: A Conversation with TechFreedom's Berin Szoka - InsideSources - October 1st, 2019
- What to Know About Ridesharing Accidents - The Libertarian Republic - September 20th, 2019
- Former GOP Gov. Weld backs Joe Kennedy in his bid to unseat Sen. Markey - Greenwich Time - September 20th, 2019
- Trump launches ambitious play to turn New Mexico red - POLITICO - September 20th, 2019
- YAL Updates: Fall 2019 - Driftwood - September 20th, 2019
- Entering the Echo Chamber of the Alt-Right - Hyperallergic - September 20th, 2019
- Inside Conservative Groups Effort to Make Dishwashers Great Again - The New York Times - September 20th, 2019
- Five candidates vie for open seat in House District 70 in East Baton Rouge - The Advocate - September 20th, 2019
- American Universities Are the Envy of the World - National Review - September 20th, 2019
- The Mystery Mega-Donor Behind Freitas' $500K Campaign Donation - Bearing Drift - September 20th, 2019
- Racism a Top Issue at Democratic Debate, So How Should Libertarians Respond? - The Liberator Online - September 20th, 2019
- A Battle for the Soul of the Libertarian Party Part 1 - Liberty Nation - September 20th, 2019
- Charles Koch: kindhearted, caring citizen, obligated to share wealth - National Catholic Reporter - September 20th, 2019
- 'Doing God's Work': Fox News' Jesse Watters Says 'Conservative Media is Basically Saving this Country' - Newsweek - September 20th, 2019
- The Rand Paul-Liz Cheney foreign policy feud is the latest battle in a decades-old GOP civil war - Washington Examiner - September 20th, 2019
- Points to Consider before Opting for Debt Consolidation - The Libertarian Republic - September 20th, 2019
- York-Simcoe Libertarian Party candidate Keith Komar says "government is upside down" - BradfordToday - September 20th, 2019
- Democrats Threaten You - Splice Today - September 20th, 2019
- The Horrors! NY Times Frets Over The Diabolical 'Dishwasher Lobby!' - NewsBusters - September 20th, 2019