HOUSTON, Oct. 17, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Researchers fromInvitae Corporation (NYSE: NVTA), a leading medical genetics company, are presenting data showing the increasing utility of genetic information at the American Society of Human Genetics (ASHG) annual meeting this week, ranging from comprehensive screening for cancer patients, to appropriate clinical follow up for women using non-invasive prenatal screening, to the limitations of direct to consumer genetic screening health reports.
The company's research includes three platform presentations and multiple poster sessions, many performed in collaboration with leading academic researchers. Among the data presented is a study evaluating the utility of combined germline testing and tumor profiling (somatic testing) in cancer patients. Germline and somatic testing are increasingly used in precision treatment of people with cancer, although frequently are ordered separately in clinical practice. Data presented at the meeting shows a substantial number of patients with medically significant variants in hereditary cancer syndrome genes in their tumor profile carry the same variant in their germline, thereby establishing a previously unknown risk of hereditary cancer and suggesting the value of combined or concurrent testing to inform precision medicine approaches.
"The research we are presenting at this year's ASHG meeting provides meaningful insight into both the science and practice of genetics, helping identify how we as clinicians can better use deep genetic insights to help a wide array of patients, whether they are cancer patients, women having a child or healthy adults seeking to better understand their risk of disease," said Robert Nussbaum, M.D., chief medical officer of Invitae. "We are proud and grateful to be able to join our colleagues from across genetic medicine in meaningful conversations that push genetic medicine forward."
Following are research from the company and collaborators to be presented at the meeting:
Wednesday, October 16:
Poster presentation #819W | 2:00 3:00 pm Germline testing in colorectal cancer: Increased yield and precision therapy implications of comprehensive multigene panels. Presented by Shan Yang, PhD. Invitae.
Poster presentation #2427W | 2:00 3:00 pm Harmonizing tumor sequencing with germline genetic testing: identification of at-risk individuals for hereditary cancer disorders. Presented by Daniel Pineda-Alvarez, MD, FACMG, Invitae.
Poster presentation #606W | 3:00 4:00 pm A comprehensive evaluation of the importance of prenatal diagnostic testing in the era of increased utilization of non-invasive prenatal screening. Presented by Jenna Guiltinan, MS, LCGC, Invitae.
Thursday, October 17:
Platform presentation #235 | 5:00 pm, Room 370A, Level 3 Limitations of direct-to-consumer genetic screening for hereditary breast, ovarian and colorectal cancer risk. Presented by: Edward Esplin, MD, PhD, FACMG, FACP, Invitae.
Poster presentation #763T | 2:00 3:00 pm In-depth dissection of APC pathogenic variants: Spectrum of more than 400 pathogenic variants, challenges of variant interpretation, and new observations in a large clinical laboratory testing cohort. Presented by: Hio Chung Kang, PhD, Invitae.
Poster presentation #1399T | 2:00 3:00 pm Prediction of lethality and severity of osteogenesis imperfecta variants in the triple-helix regions of COL1A1 and COL1A2. Presented by: Vikas Pejaver, PhD, University of Washington.
Friday, October 18:
Platform presentation #264 | 9:00 am, Room 361D, Level 3 Million Veteran Program Return Of Actionable Results - Familial Hypercholesterolemia (MVP-ROAR-FH) Study: Considerations for variant return to mega-biobank participants. Presented by Jason Vassy, MD, MPH, VA, Boston Healthcare System.
Platform presentation #265 | 9:15 am, Room 361D, Level 3 Comprehensive secondary findings analysis of parental samples submitted for exome evaluation yields a high positive rate. Presented by Eden Haverfield, DPhil, FACMG, Invitae.
Poster presentation #698F | 2:00 3:00 pm Reporting of variants in genes with limited, disputed, or no evidence for a Mendelian condition among GenomeConnect participants. Presented by: Juliann Savatt, MS, LGC, Geisinger.
About InvitaeInvitae Corporation(NYSE: NVTA)is a leading medical genetics company, whose mission is to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Invitae's goal is to aggregate the world's genetic tests into a single service with higher quality, faster turnaround time, and lower prices. For more information, visit the company's website atinvitae.com.
Safe Harbor StatementsThis press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements relating to the increasing utility of genetic information; the utility of combined germline and somatic testing; and the benefits of the company's research. Forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially, and reported results should not be considered as an indication of future performance. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to: the applicability of clinical results to actual outcomes; the company's history of losses; the company's ability to compete; the company's failure to manage growth effectively; the company's need to scale its infrastructure in advance of demand for its tests and to increase demand for its tests; the company's ability to use rapidly changing genetic data to interpret test results accurately and consistently; security breaches, loss of data and other disruptions; laws and regulations applicable to the company's business; and the other risks set forth in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the risks set forth in the company's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2019. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date hereof, and Invitae Corporation disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
Contact:Laura D'Angelopr@invitae.com(628) 213-3283
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/research-presented-by-invitae-at-the-american-society-of-human-genetics-meeting-pushes-science-and-practice-of-genetics-forward-300940213.html
SOURCE Invitae Corporation
See original here:
- Reducing barriers to mainstream gene therapy - BioPharma-Reporter.com - September 4th, 2020
- Mapping Genetic Diversity of Lung Tumors Over Time May Lead to More Effective Therapies - UCSF News Services - September 4th, 2020
- Multi-site study to evaluate the role of testing guidelines in ensuring access to genetic information for men with prostate cancer - PRNewswire - September 4th, 2020
- Global Prime Editing Market to Witness Heightened Growth During the Period 2020 2030 - The Daily Chronicle - September 4th, 2020
- Liquid biopsies to disrupt the oncology testing market - Medical Device Network - September 4th, 2020
- Global RNA-interference (RNAi) Market Growth, Trends and Forecasts to 2025: Focus on Key Players Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Arrowhead, Quark... - September 4th, 2020
- Yale researchers find a cause and possible treatment for Fragile X - Yale News - September 4th, 2020
- 'Coming into their own': FDA approval of liquid biopsy tests puts early, less invasive cancer detection in broader reach - USA TODAY - September 4th, 2020
- Fusion Genes Associated With More Aggressive Papillary Thyroid Cancer in Pediatric Patients - Targeted Oncology - September 4th, 2020
- Existing Class of Drugs May Improve Neurological Function in Patients with Rare, Aggressive Genetic Disorder - Newswise - September 4th, 2020
- Genomic analysis reveals insights on virulent, emerging foodborne pathogen - UB Now: News and views for UB faculty and staff - University at Buffalo... - September 4th, 2020
- Hyperthyroidism is associated with breast cancer risk and mammographic and genetic risk predictors - 2 Minute Medicine - September 4th, 2020
- Health history platform launches to trace genetic conditions | Digital Healthcare - Healthcare Global - Healthcare News, Magazine and Website - September 4th, 2020
- New HIV Gene Therapy, CAR-T Treatments Could be on the Horizon for Patients - BioSpace - September 4th, 2020
- Cell Suicide Gene Further Linked to Immunotherapy Response - Technology Networks - September 2nd, 2020
- Genetic mutations may be linked to infertility, early menopause - Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis - September 2nd, 2020
- How to use precision medicine to personalise COVID-19 treatment according to the patient's genes - Down To Earth Magazine - September 2nd, 2020
- UCT professors research offers hope of treatment for sickle cell anaemia - Daily Maverick - September 2nd, 2020
- Association of recent stressful life events with mental and physical health in the context of genomic and exposomic liability for schizophrenia - 2... - September 2nd, 2020
- Finding order in the chaos of cancer mutations - Drug Target Review - September 2nd, 2020
- Mustang Bio Announces Orphan Drug Designation for MB-107 for the Treatment of X-linked Severe Combined Immunodeficiency in Newly Diagnosed Infants -... - September 2nd, 2020
- Novavax Announces Publication of Phase 1 Data for COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate in The New England Journal of Medicine - GlobeNewswire - September 2nd, 2020
- Department of Genetic Medicine | Johns Hopkins Medicine - August 10th, 2020
- Genetic Medicine | Internal Medicine | Michigan Medicine ... - August 10th, 2020
- Genetic Medicine | Department of Medicine - August 10th, 2020
- Genomics and Medicine - Genome.gov - August 10th, 2020
- New Approach to Treating Osteoarthritis Advances | NYU Langone News - NYU Langone Health - August 10th, 2020
- Stoke Therapeutics Reports Second Quarter Financial Results and Provides Business Updates - Business Wire - August 10th, 2020
- Here's Why Shares of Editas Medicine and Beam Therapeutics Are Soaring Today - Motley Fool - August 10th, 2020
- Grant will fund study into COVID outcome disparities in NYC - Cornell Chronicle - August 10th, 2020
- A versatile genetic control system in mammalian cells and mice responsive to clinically licensed sodium ferulate - Science Advances - August 10th, 2020
- Spark Therapeutics Deepens Drug Development Expertise in Hematology and Rare Disease with Appointment of Gallia G. Levy, MD, Ph.D., as Chief Medical... - August 10th, 2020
- Chromosomal Rearrangements Associated with Chemotherapeutic Drug Resistance | McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP - JD Supra - August 10th, 2020
- Jae Jung, Ph.D., Appointed as Chair of Cleveland Clinic Lerner Research Institute's Department of Cancer Biology - Health Essentials from Cleveland... - August 10th, 2020
- The UK and TCELS to jointly support COVID-19 research in Thailand - GOV.UK - August 10th, 2020
- Akouos Announces Expansion of Executive Team and Board of Directors - BioSpace - August 10th, 2020
- Medical and neurobehavioural phenotypes in male and female carriers of Xp22.31 duplications in the UK Biobank. - Physician's Weekly - August 10th, 2020
- Coronavirus vaccine breakthrough: New generation cure that stops virus developed - Express - August 10th, 2020
- Global Cell and Gene Therapy Market, Forecast to 2025 by Product, Disease, End-user and Region - COVID-19 Updated - PRNewswire - August 10th, 2020
- Not Everyone Needs 8 Hours of Sleep, New Research Reveals | Time - TIME - August 10th, 2020
- Lindsey Criswell Named Director of National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases - UCSF News Services - August 10th, 2020
- Pinpointing The Cells That Keep The Bodys Master Circadian Clock Ticking - Newswise - August 10th, 2020
- Kazia Therapeutics hits A$1 on grant of Rare Pediatric Disease Designation to paxalisib for DIPG - Proactive Investors USA & Canada - August 10th, 2020
- Treatment Considerations for Prostate Cancer Progressing After Combination Therapy for mCSPC - UroToday - August 10th, 2020
- Edited Transcript of PSNL.OQ earnings conference call or presentation 6-Aug-20 9:00pm GMT - Yahoo Finance - August 10th, 2020
- Ovid and Angelini partner on treating Angelman syndrome in Europe - Pharmaceutical Technology - August 10th, 2020
- Doctoral Student/Research Assistant in Mitochondrial Biology and Signalling job with UNIVERSITY OF HELSINKI | 218596 - Times Higher Education (THE) - August 10th, 2020
- Simpler COVID-19 test could provide results in hours from saliva - University of Wisconsin-Madison - August 10th, 2020
- This company has a better version of a simpler, faster Covid-19 test - STAT - August 7th, 2020
- Mental Notes: Music Cognition Lab is dedicated to the scientific study of how music affects the brain and behavior - Vanderbilt University News - August 6th, 2020
- Nasha Fitter Elected to Board of Directors of the ACMG Foundation for Genetic and Genomic Medicine - PRNewswire - August 5th, 2020
- HDAC6 Can Control Tumor Growth and Halt Metastasis in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer - Newswise - August 5th, 2020
- Will programming a cell ever be as easy as programming an app? - SynBioBeta - August 5th, 2020
- Penn Researchers Identify New Genetic Cause of a Form of Inherited Neuropathy - Newswise - August 5th, 2020
- Genetic Variant in Persons of African Descent Linked with Stroke: Analysis - DocWire News - August 5th, 2020
- Invitae Reports $46.2 Million in Revenue Driven by More Than 120000 Samples Accessioned in the Second Quarter of 2020 - Monterey County Weekly - August 5th, 2020
- Noel R. Rose, widely regarded as the father of autoimmune disease research, dies at 92 - The Hub at Johns Hopkins - August 5th, 2020
- Atsena Therapeutics acquires exclusive rights to Gene Therapy for GUCY2D-associated Leber Congenital Amaurosis - GlobeNewswire - August 5th, 2020
- Seragon Announces GenomeScore, the First AI Platform to Measure Rate of Aging and Physiological Changes - PRNewswire - August 5th, 2020
- Vaccine 'durability': COVID-19 immunizations coming soon but will they last? - Genetic Literacy Project - August 5th, 2020
- Aerpio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Announces a Second Clinical Trial with Funding from MTEC to Evaluate Razuprotafib for the Prevention and Treatment of... - August 5th, 2020
- Stoke Therapeutics to Present at Upcoming Investor Conferences in August - Business Wire - August 4th, 2020
- The global cell and gene therapy market by revenue is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 30.90% during the period 20192025 - GlobeNewswire - August 4th, 2020
- Cochlear implant uses LEDs to tackle hearing loss - Optics.org - August 4th, 2020
- Rozlytrek, Roche's first tumour-agnostic therapy, approved in Europe for people with NTRK fusion-positive solid tumours and for people with... - August 4th, 2020
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals : Submits CTA Application for ALN-HSD, an Investigational RNAi Therapeutic for the Treatment of Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis -... - August 4th, 2020
- 'The younger the child, the likelier to find causative gene of infant epilepsy' - Korea Biomedical Review - Korea Biomedical Review - August 3rd, 2020
- Known genes associated with male infertility doubled - BioNews - August 3rd, 2020
- Alnylam Submits CTA Application for ALN-HSD, an Investigational RNAi Therapeutic for the Treatment of Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) - Business... - August 3rd, 2020
- Cancer drug is first therapy to emerge from 23andMe-GSK deal - STAT - STAT - August 3rd, 2020
- Dr. Rana on the Rationale for Video Genetic Counseling in Prostate Cancer - OncLive - August 3rd, 2020
- Metastatic Lung Cancer Study Finds That Bionano's Saphyr Outperforms NGS for the Detection of Structural Variants - GlobeNewswire - August 3rd, 2020
- Health Media in the COVID-19 Era: A mid-wave report - Features - MM&M - Medical Marketing and Media - August 3rd, 2020
- Cyberpunk 2077 shows off the ruined dreams district of Pacifica in new concept art - Critical Hit - August 2nd, 2020
- An unsupported American conspiracy theory found a foothold in Europe. New research shows how - NewsDio - August 2nd, 2020
- Study Suggests New Approach to Improve Radiation Therapy Resistance in Glioblastoma - Michigan Medicine - August 1st, 2020
- Atsena Therapeutics acquires exclusive rights to Gene Therapy for GUCY2D-associated Leber Congenital Amaurosis - BioSpace - August 1st, 2020
- Our Genes May Explain Severity of COVID-19 and Other Infections - Quanta Magazine - August 1st, 2020
- Omega Therapeutics Lands $85M to Tap Into Control Room of Biology - Xconomy - August 1st, 2020
- EarlyBird Study: Early Detection of Adult-Onset Type 2 Diabetes in Youth - Diabetes In Control - August 1st, 2020