Krystal Biotech Whitney Ijem was tapped to serve as the first Senior Vice President, Strategy and Business Development at Krystal Biotech. Ijem joins Krystal fromGuggenheim Securities, where she served as Managing Director and Senior Biotechnology Analyst covering genetic medicine and rare disease companies. Prior tojoining Guggenheim, Ijem was a therapeutics analyst atTourbillon Capitaland before that she was an analyst in theJ.P. Morgan Equity Research Healthcaregroup focused on biotechnology.
Viroclinics Biosciences Netherlands-based Viroclinics Bioscience B.V.named Davide Molho as its new chief executive officer. Molho succeeds Bob van Gemen, who has served as the company's CEO since 2011. This transition is part of a planned succession strategy. Molho's appointment takes effect on Aug. 1. Molho joins Viroclinics from Evolution Research Group, where he served as CEO. Prior to ERG, he worked for almost two decades at Charles River Laboratories, most recently serving as president and chief operating officer of the global organization. As CEO of Viroclinics, Molho will lead the company through its next phase of growth with a specific focus on driving revenue diversification in adjacent and novel therapeutic fields, as well as continued strategic expansion through acquisitions.
Windtree Therapeutics John Hamill has been appointed chief financial officer of Pennsylvania-based Windtree Therapeutics. In this role, Hamill will help accelerate key initiatives to advance the company's business, financial planning and shareholder value. Hamillis replacing Windtree's former CFO,John Tattorywho is leaving to pursue other opportunities.He most recently provided consulting services to various life science companies, headed up finance at Trevena, Inc., Savient Pharmaceuticals and PharmaNet.
Kronos Bio Barbara Kosacz was named chief operating officer and general counsel of California-based Kronos Bio. Kosacz joins the company with more than 25 years of experience providing strategic and legal advice to life sciences companies, and served most recently as international head of Cooley LLPs Life Sciences Practice. In her role at Kronos, she will be responsible for internal operations and legal functions within the Company. Kosacz is a member of the Board of Directors of XOMA Corporation and is on the Board of Trustees of the Keck Graduate Institute.
Akcea Therapeutics Christophe Hotermans was named senior vice president of global medical affairs at Akcea Therapeutics. In this role, he will lead and evolve the execution of medical strategies, activities and operations worldwide in collaboration with executive management. Prior to joining Akcea, Hotermans served at Biogen for more than a decade in various roles, most recently as vice president and head of U.S. medical. Before Biogen, he was chief of the neurology clinic at the University of LigeinBelgium.
ImmunoGen -- Susan Altschuller has been appointed senior vice president and CFO of ImmunoGen, Inc. Altschuller has 20 years of financial management, investor relations, and business planning experience with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. She joins ImmunoGen from Alexion Pharmaceuticals where she started as Head of Investor Relations before moving to Head of Enterprise Finance, where she led global financial reporting and provided counsel on investment prioritization to support the companys strategic imperatives. Before Alexion, Altschuller was head of Investor Relations at Bioverativ. Early in her career, Altschuller held positions at Biogen in various functions of increasing responsibility, including investor relations, corporate finance, and commercial finance.
Signifier Medical Technologies Signifier made two key appointments, Matt Sharris as vice president of Sales in North America and Steve Saunders, as head of Sales in EMEA. These appointments follow the company strategy to drive and maximize commercial footprint later into the year in their respective geographies. Sharris was most recently director of Sales and vice president of Payor relations for Regional Home Care, with prior roles within account management and sales for ResMed. Saunders joins Signifier from Philips Respironics, where he held leadership and commercial roles, and worked as a liaison to the U.K. government during the early stages of the COVID crisis. Prior roles have included Sales and Marketing positions for a range of medical technology companies including GE, Siemens, and others.
Qkine U.K.-based Qkine expanded its leadership team with the appointments of Rob Nixon as head of Commercial and Cassie Doherty, Investment Director at Parkwalk, as a new member of the board of directors. Nixon joins after having worked for both world-leading global life science reagent companies Merck Millipore and GE Healthcare Life Science, as well as emerging, fast-growing start-up Jellagen.
Adverum Biotechnologies Thomas Kochy joined the company as vice president, commercial and program strategy. In this new position, Kochywill be responsible for leading commercial planning, product strategy, and program management. Prior to joining Adverum, Kochy served as a strategy consultant in ocular disease areas. Before that, Kochy worked at Genentech from 2004 to 2019, most recently as regional sales director for Actemra and Rituxan Immunology. He also led ophthalmology pipeline strategy and worked on Lucentis.
Homology Medicines Jeff Poulton, CFO of Alnylam, was appointed to the board of directors of Homology Medicines. Poulton brings 25 years of experience to Homologys Board of Directors, including leading finance, business development and commercial operations at companies using differentiated technologies to develop treatments for patients with rare diseases. Prior to his role at Alnylam, Poulton served as CFO at Indigo Agriculture. He previously held various roles of increasing responsibility at Shire Plc, concluding his service as CFO and a member of its executive committee and board of directors.
Cradle Genomics San Diego-based Cradle Genomics expanded its executive team with the additions of Tanya Moreno, as Vice President of Development and Sue Gross, as Chief Medical Officer. Moreno has over 13 years of experience in diagnostics development and the commercialization of genomic tests.Gross has had a distinguished clinical career with roles at Montefiore Einstein, Natera where she was CMO, and most recently at Mount Sinai Hospital and Sema4 where she was the Medical Director for the Reproductive Lab and Clinical Analysis Division.
Parexel Parexel announced the addition of former regulators with significant expertise in oncology, immunotherapy and rare disease to its Regulatory and Access Consultingteam. Yajie Li recently served as Head of Compound Strategy and Pipeline Management Function at Xuanzhu Pharma. Prior to that, she served at Janssen as the Regulatory Affairs Therapeutic Area Director for Infectious Diseases & Vaccines, China Companion Diagnostic Team Leader and the China Compound Team Leader.
Jorge Camarero served at the European Medicines Agency (EMA) in The Netherlands as an alternate member of the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) and as a member the Oncology Working Party. Prior to his tenure at the EMA, he was Head of the Oncology Area for the Spanish Agency for Medicines and Medical Devices, a Pharmaceutical Inspector for the Spanish Governments Health Department delegation; and a Regulatory Clinical Assessor in Oncology for Spanish Agency for the AEMPS. Lucas Kempf held multiple positions at the FDAs Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Replimune Group Andrea Pirzkall will assume the role of CMO on Aug. 31 at Replimune Group. Pirzkall will lead clinical development of Replimunes pipeline of next-generation oncolytic immuno-gene therapies for the treatment of cancer. Prior to joiningReplimune, Pirzkall served as Executive Director of Clinical Development at BeiGene. She served also as the global clinical development lead on the BeiGene/Celgene joint development committee. Prior to BeiGene, Pirzkall was a Principal Medical Director atGenentech.
ZIOPHARM Oncology James Huang was named to the companys board of directors. Huang is currently a Managing Partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB) China and has founded and financed several innovative life sciences companies, including GenScript, Legend Biotech and Zai Lab. He is also Founding Partner of Panacea Venture, which formed TriArm Therapeutics, the funding partner for Ziopharms joint venture, Eden BioCell.
Adaptate Biotherapeutics -- Adaptate Biotherapeutics formed its Scientific Advisory Board.Adrian Hayday will chair the expert team with other key appointments including Gillian Griffiths, John Haurum, Jessica Strid and Sally Ward.
Xilio Therapeutics Paul J. Clancy was named to the Xilio Therapeutics Board of Directors. He currently serves on the boards of Agios Pharmaceuticals and Incyte Corporation. Clancy was CFO for Alexion Pharmaceuticals from July 2017 to October 2019. Prior to that, Clancy was CFO of Biogen.
Cradle Genomics Cradle Genomics expanded its executive team with the additions of Tanya Moreno, as vice president of Development and Sue Gross, as CMO. Moreno has over 13 years of experience in diagnostics development and the commercialization of genomic tests. As the head of clinical sciences, in multiple clinical laboratories, she has led development programs across a broad range of advanced genomic tools to empower patients and physicians with precision medicine. Gross has had a distinguished clinical career with roles at Montefiore Einstein where she was Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics and Genetics and most recently at Mount Sinai Hospital and Sema4 where she was the Medical Director for the Reproductive Lab and Clinical Analysis Division.
See the original post:
- Reducing barriers to mainstream gene therapy - BioPharma-Reporter.com - September 4th, 2020
- Mapping Genetic Diversity of Lung Tumors Over Time May Lead to More Effective Therapies - UCSF News Services - September 4th, 2020
- Multi-site study to evaluate the role of testing guidelines in ensuring access to genetic information for men with prostate cancer - PRNewswire - September 4th, 2020
- Global Prime Editing Market to Witness Heightened Growth During the Period 2020 2030 - The Daily Chronicle - September 4th, 2020
- Liquid biopsies to disrupt the oncology testing market - Medical Device Network - September 4th, 2020
- Global RNA-interference (RNAi) Market Growth, Trends and Forecasts to 2025: Focus on Key Players Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Arrowhead, Quark... - September 4th, 2020
- Yale researchers find a cause and possible treatment for Fragile X - Yale News - September 4th, 2020
- 'Coming into their own': FDA approval of liquid biopsy tests puts early, less invasive cancer detection in broader reach - USA TODAY - September 4th, 2020
- Fusion Genes Associated With More Aggressive Papillary Thyroid Cancer in Pediatric Patients - Targeted Oncology - September 4th, 2020
- Existing Class of Drugs May Improve Neurological Function in Patients with Rare, Aggressive Genetic Disorder - Newswise - September 4th, 2020
- Genomic analysis reveals insights on virulent, emerging foodborne pathogen - UB Now: News and views for UB faculty and staff - University at Buffalo... - September 4th, 2020
- Hyperthyroidism is associated with breast cancer risk and mammographic and genetic risk predictors - 2 Minute Medicine - September 4th, 2020
- Health history platform launches to trace genetic conditions | Digital Healthcare - Healthcare Global - Healthcare News, Magazine and Website - September 4th, 2020
- New HIV Gene Therapy, CAR-T Treatments Could be on the Horizon for Patients - BioSpace - September 4th, 2020
- Cell Suicide Gene Further Linked to Immunotherapy Response - Technology Networks - September 2nd, 2020
- Genetic mutations may be linked to infertility, early menopause - Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis - September 2nd, 2020
- How to use precision medicine to personalise COVID-19 treatment according to the patient's genes - Down To Earth Magazine - September 2nd, 2020
- UCT professors research offers hope of treatment for sickle cell anaemia - Daily Maverick - September 2nd, 2020
- Association of recent stressful life events with mental and physical health in the context of genomic and exposomic liability for schizophrenia - 2... - September 2nd, 2020
- Finding order in the chaos of cancer mutations - Drug Target Review - September 2nd, 2020
- Mustang Bio Announces Orphan Drug Designation for MB-107 for the Treatment of X-linked Severe Combined Immunodeficiency in Newly Diagnosed Infants -... - September 2nd, 2020
- Novavax Announces Publication of Phase 1 Data for COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate in The New England Journal of Medicine - GlobeNewswire - September 2nd, 2020
- Department of Genetic Medicine | Johns Hopkins Medicine - August 10th, 2020
- Genetic Medicine | Internal Medicine | Michigan Medicine ... - August 10th, 2020
- Genetic Medicine | Department of Medicine - August 10th, 2020
- Genomics and Medicine - Genome.gov - August 10th, 2020
- New Approach to Treating Osteoarthritis Advances | NYU Langone News - NYU Langone Health - August 10th, 2020
- Stoke Therapeutics Reports Second Quarter Financial Results and Provides Business Updates - Business Wire - August 10th, 2020
- Here's Why Shares of Editas Medicine and Beam Therapeutics Are Soaring Today - Motley Fool - August 10th, 2020
- Grant will fund study into COVID outcome disparities in NYC - Cornell Chronicle - August 10th, 2020
- A versatile genetic control system in mammalian cells and mice responsive to clinically licensed sodium ferulate - Science Advances - August 10th, 2020
- Spark Therapeutics Deepens Drug Development Expertise in Hematology and Rare Disease with Appointment of Gallia G. Levy, MD, Ph.D., as Chief Medical... - August 10th, 2020
- Chromosomal Rearrangements Associated with Chemotherapeutic Drug Resistance | McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP - JD Supra - August 10th, 2020
- Jae Jung, Ph.D., Appointed as Chair of Cleveland Clinic Lerner Research Institute's Department of Cancer Biology - Health Essentials from Cleveland... - August 10th, 2020
- The UK and TCELS to jointly support COVID-19 research in Thailand - GOV.UK - August 10th, 2020
- Akouos Announces Expansion of Executive Team and Board of Directors - BioSpace - August 10th, 2020
- Medical and neurobehavioural phenotypes in male and female carriers of Xp22.31 duplications in the UK Biobank. - Physician's Weekly - August 10th, 2020
- Coronavirus vaccine breakthrough: New generation cure that stops virus developed - Express - August 10th, 2020
- Global Cell and Gene Therapy Market, Forecast to 2025 by Product, Disease, End-user and Region - COVID-19 Updated - PRNewswire - August 10th, 2020
- Not Everyone Needs 8 Hours of Sleep, New Research Reveals | Time - TIME - August 10th, 2020
- Lindsey Criswell Named Director of National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases - UCSF News Services - August 10th, 2020
- Pinpointing The Cells That Keep The Bodys Master Circadian Clock Ticking - Newswise - August 10th, 2020
- Kazia Therapeutics hits A$1 on grant of Rare Pediatric Disease Designation to paxalisib for DIPG - Proactive Investors USA & Canada - August 10th, 2020
- Treatment Considerations for Prostate Cancer Progressing After Combination Therapy for mCSPC - UroToday - August 10th, 2020
- Edited Transcript of PSNL.OQ earnings conference call or presentation 6-Aug-20 9:00pm GMT - Yahoo Finance - August 10th, 2020
- Ovid and Angelini partner on treating Angelman syndrome in Europe - Pharmaceutical Technology - August 10th, 2020
- Doctoral Student/Research Assistant in Mitochondrial Biology and Signalling job with UNIVERSITY OF HELSINKI | 218596 - Times Higher Education (THE) - August 10th, 2020
- Simpler COVID-19 test could provide results in hours from saliva - University of Wisconsin-Madison - August 10th, 2020
- This company has a better version of a simpler, faster Covid-19 test - STAT - August 7th, 2020
- Mental Notes: Music Cognition Lab is dedicated to the scientific study of how music affects the brain and behavior - Vanderbilt University News - August 6th, 2020
- Nasha Fitter Elected to Board of Directors of the ACMG Foundation for Genetic and Genomic Medicine - PRNewswire - August 5th, 2020
- HDAC6 Can Control Tumor Growth and Halt Metastasis in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer - Newswise - August 5th, 2020
- Will programming a cell ever be as easy as programming an app? - SynBioBeta - August 5th, 2020
- Penn Researchers Identify New Genetic Cause of a Form of Inherited Neuropathy - Newswise - August 5th, 2020
- Genetic Variant in Persons of African Descent Linked with Stroke: Analysis - DocWire News - August 5th, 2020
- Invitae Reports $46.2 Million in Revenue Driven by More Than 120000 Samples Accessioned in the Second Quarter of 2020 - Monterey County Weekly - August 5th, 2020
- Noel R. Rose, widely regarded as the father of autoimmune disease research, dies at 92 - The Hub at Johns Hopkins - August 5th, 2020
- Atsena Therapeutics acquires exclusive rights to Gene Therapy for GUCY2D-associated Leber Congenital Amaurosis - GlobeNewswire - August 5th, 2020
- Seragon Announces GenomeScore, the First AI Platform to Measure Rate of Aging and Physiological Changes - PRNewswire - August 5th, 2020
- Vaccine 'durability': COVID-19 immunizations coming soon but will they last? - Genetic Literacy Project - August 5th, 2020
- Aerpio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Announces a Second Clinical Trial with Funding from MTEC to Evaluate Razuprotafib for the Prevention and Treatment of... - August 5th, 2020
- Stoke Therapeutics to Present at Upcoming Investor Conferences in August - Business Wire - August 4th, 2020
- The global cell and gene therapy market by revenue is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 30.90% during the period 20192025 - GlobeNewswire - August 4th, 2020
- Cochlear implant uses LEDs to tackle hearing loss - Optics.org - August 4th, 2020
- Rozlytrek, Roche's first tumour-agnostic therapy, approved in Europe for people with NTRK fusion-positive solid tumours and for people with... - August 4th, 2020
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals : Submits CTA Application for ALN-HSD, an Investigational RNAi Therapeutic for the Treatment of Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis -... - August 4th, 2020
- 'The younger the child, the likelier to find causative gene of infant epilepsy' - Korea Biomedical Review - Korea Biomedical Review - August 3rd, 2020
- Known genes associated with male infertility doubled - BioNews - August 3rd, 2020
- Alnylam Submits CTA Application for ALN-HSD, an Investigational RNAi Therapeutic for the Treatment of Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) - Business... - August 3rd, 2020
- Cancer drug is first therapy to emerge from 23andMe-GSK deal - STAT - STAT - August 3rd, 2020
- Dr. Rana on the Rationale for Video Genetic Counseling in Prostate Cancer - OncLive - August 3rd, 2020
- Metastatic Lung Cancer Study Finds That Bionano's Saphyr Outperforms NGS for the Detection of Structural Variants - GlobeNewswire - August 3rd, 2020
- Health Media in the COVID-19 Era: A mid-wave report - Features - MM&M - Medical Marketing and Media - August 3rd, 2020
- Cyberpunk 2077 shows off the ruined dreams district of Pacifica in new concept art - Critical Hit - August 2nd, 2020
- An unsupported American conspiracy theory found a foothold in Europe. New research shows how - NewsDio - August 2nd, 2020
- Study Suggests New Approach to Improve Radiation Therapy Resistance in Glioblastoma - Michigan Medicine - August 1st, 2020
- Atsena Therapeutics acquires exclusive rights to Gene Therapy for GUCY2D-associated Leber Congenital Amaurosis - BioSpace - August 1st, 2020
- Our Genes May Explain Severity of COVID-19 and Other Infections - Quanta Magazine - August 1st, 2020
- Omega Therapeutics Lands $85M to Tap Into Control Room of Biology - Xconomy - August 1st, 2020
- EarlyBird Study: Early Detection of Adult-Onset Type 2 Diabetes in Youth - Diabetes In Control - August 1st, 2020