RPC, Inc.s RES troubles seem to be never ending. The oilfield service provider, which has lost 51.4% of its value over the past year, is traversing rough waters amid several headwinds.The struggle is likely to continue as the companys prospects appear bleak, in view of lower expenditure from upstream companies.
The pricing chart shows that RPC has underperformed the ZacksOil And Gas - Field Servicesindustry, which has declined 29.4% in the past year.
Lets delve into the factors that have taken a toll on the firm.
Intensified competition in the domestic market has left limited room for oilfield services companies to charge premium prices for the services being offered. Moreover, slowdown of demand for pressure pumping services in shale plays mars RPCs prospects. This is evident from third-quarter 2019 results, wherein weakness stemmed from lower activity levels and pricing in the companys pressure pumping service business, which in turn affected the bottom line. Also, pressure pumping is likely to remain soft in North America. This business being RPCs biggest service line, the firms business outlook appears gloomy.
Explorers and producers are constrained by the reduction in capacity for borrowings and an increase in the cost of capital. Also, explorers are facing constant pressure from investors for higher returns instead of production growth. These headwinds are likely to lower investments by explorers and producers in the North American land market. Hence, conservative spending by customers is likely to hurt demand for the companys services.
Commodity prices will continue to remain in the bearish territory as demand for energy remains low, owing to a slowdown in global economic growth. Thus, explorers and producers are not getting enough incentives to produce hydrocarbon volumes in a massive scale. The drop in production volumes will likely keep demand for oilfield services low.
The Oil and Gas - Field Services industry currently has a Zacks Industry Rank of 239 out of 255 (Bottom 6%). As the industry is not expected to perform impressively in the coming days, the stock will likely underperform the market.
The above-mentioned factors are being reflected in the companys downward earnings estimate revisions.
Earnings Estimate Revisions
The Zacks Consensus Estimate for RPCs 2019 loss is pegged at 17 cents, which has witnessed no upward movement but 10 downside estimate revisions in the past 60 days. This suggests fall of 120.7% from the year-ago reported figure.
Given these headwinds, RPC seems a risky bet that investors should avoid at the moment. This is reflected in its Zacks Rank #5 (Strong Sell).
Stocks to Consider
Some better-ranked stocks in the energy sector include CNX Resources Corporation CNX, Antero Midstream Corporation AM and Frank's International N.V. FI, each carrying a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy). You can seethe complete list of todays Zacks #1 Rank (Strong Buy) stocks here.
CNX Resources earnings for the current year have witnessed four upward revisions in the past 60 days versus no movement in the opposite direction.
Antero Midstreams bottom line for the current quarter is expected to skyrocket 130% year over year.
Frank's Internationals bottom line for 2019 is expected to rise 23.8% year over year.
Biggest Tech Breakthrough in a Generation
Be among the early investors in the new type of device that experts say could impact society as much as the discovery of electricity. Current technology will soon be outdated and replaced by these new devices. In the process, its expected to create 22 million jobs and generate $12.3 trillion in activity.
A select few stocks could skyrocket the most as rollout accelerates for this new tech. Early investors could see gains similar to buying Microsoft in the 1990s. Zacks just-released special report reveals 8 stocks to watch. The report is only available for a limited time.
See 8 breakthrough stocks now>>
Antero Midstrm (AM): Free Stock Analysis Report
CNX Resources Corporation. (CNX): Free Stock Analysis Report
RPC, Inc. (RES): Free Stock Analysis Report
Frank's International N.V. (FI): Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.
- Medical genetics - Wikipedia - January 10th, 2020
- Genetic Medicine | Department of Medicine - January 10th, 2020
- Distribution of Genes Encoding Virulence Factors and the Genetic Diver | IDR - Dove Medical Press - January 10th, 2020
- In defence of imprecise medicine: the benefits of routine treatments for common diseases - The Conversation UK - January 10th, 2020
- IDEAYA Biosciences and Boston Children's Hospital Collaborate on Preclinical Evaluation of IDE196 for Sturge Weber Syndrome - a Rare Disease... - January 10th, 2020
- Study ties gene active in developing brain to autism - Spectrum - January 10th, 2020
- Faculty and alumni appointed to state medical boards - The South End - January 10th, 2020
- Why This Thematic Healthcare Could be a January Winner - ETF Trends - January 10th, 2020
- New year health kicks are great but your environment is also vital - The Guardian - January 10th, 2020
- Biofidelity and Agilent complete successful molecular assay study for rapid and accurate detection of key lung cancer mutations - BioSpace - January 10th, 2020
- New MD Treatments the Main Goal of Astellas, Audentes Merger - Muscular Dystrophy News - January 10th, 2020
- Physicians' Education Resource Presents the 2nd Annual Precision Medicine Symposium in New York City - BioSpace - January 10th, 2020
- A Genetic Mutation Is Responsible for Mysterious Deaths in the Amish Community, Researchers Say - Gizmodo - January 10th, 2020
- Kyoto Univ.-distributed iPS cells found with abnormalities after differentiation - The Mainichi - January 10th, 2020
- The Importance of Understanding TargetProtein Interactions in Drug Discovery - Technology Networks - January 10th, 2020
- Webinar: How Providers are Harnessing the Power of Genomics to Improve Community Health - ModernHealthcare.com - January 5th, 2020
- Genomics and Medicine | NHGRI - January 5th, 2020
- These 2 Stocks Will Fall After the New Year - Motley Fool - January 5th, 2020
- Free Gene Therapy Available for Patients with Alzheimer's - HealthITAnalytics.com - January 5th, 2020
- Chinese Researcher Who Created Gene-Edited Babies Sentenced To 3 Years In Prison - NPR - January 5th, 2020
- Duke Researchers Garner Over $6 Million in NIH Funding to Fight Genetic Diseases - Duke Today - January 5th, 2020
- Stanford Team Proposes Automated Clinical Trial Accrual Strategy, Increased Trial Annotation - Precision Oncology News - January 5th, 2020
- Dr. Timothy Eberlein and Alvin Siteman named Citizens of the Year 2019 - STLtoday.com - January 5th, 2020
- Did Cellectis Just Provide a Glimpse of the Future of Cellular Medicine? - The Motley Fool - December 27th, 2019
- Sickle Cell Therapy With CRISPR Gene Editing Shows Promise : Shots - Health News - NPR - December 27th, 2019
- Sarepta Therapeutics Announces Partnership with Roche in Territories Outside the United States for its Investigational Micro-dystrophin Gene Therapy... - December 27th, 2019
- What is multifocal pneumonia, the illness ESPN reporter Edward Aschoff tweeted about before his death? - USA TODAY - December 27th, 2019
- The travellers within us - Myanmar Times - December 27th, 2019
- This Start-up Might Be the Next Gene Editing IPO - The Motley Fool - December 19th, 2019
- How to bring precision medicine into the doctor's office - World Economic Forum - December 19th, 2019
- Form of severe malnutrition linked to DNA modification - Baylor College of Medicine News - December 19th, 2019
- 'Polygenic' profile could better predict disease risk for those with cancer mutations - Science Magazine - December 19th, 2019
- UNC Police Investigating Series of Credit Card Thefts on South Campus - Chapelboro.com - December 19th, 2019
- Personalized CF Medicine to be Tested for Rare Genetic Defects in Europe - Cystic Fibrosis News Today - December 19th, 2019
- Has Innovative Industrial Properties (IIPR) Outpaced Other Finance Stocks This Year? - Nasdaq - December 19th, 2019
- BioReference Laboratories Showcases 2019 Growth through the Addition of Cutting Edge Tests, Greater Access to Services, and Optimized Patient... - December 19th, 2019
- Gene Therapy Arrives - Scientific American - December 18th, 2019
- Detection of Secondary Metabolites as Biomarkers for the Early Diagnos | DMSO - Dove Medical Press - December 18th, 2019
- Roche concludes acquisition of Spark Therapeutics, Inc. to strengthen presence in gene therapy - GlobeNewswire - December 18th, 2019
- 10 Years Ago, DNA Tests Were The Future Of Medicine. Now Theyre A Social Network And A Data Privacy Mess. - BuzzFeed News - December 18th, 2019
- Mosaic Angelman Should Be in Differential Diagnosis of AS, Study Says - Angelman Syndrome News - December 18th, 2019
- Sarepta Therapeutics Announces $250 Million of Non-Dilutive Senior Secured Loan Financing - Yahoo Finance - December 18th, 2019
- Triplet Therapeutics Launches with $59 Million in Financing to Further its Development of Transformative Treatments for Triplet Repeat Disorders -... - December 18th, 2019
- Genetic clues of TB spread between cows and badgers revealed - Irish Times - December 18th, 2019
- The first U.S. trials in people put CRISPR to the test in 2019 - Science News - December 18th, 2019
- Care Coordination and Precision Medicine Improve Early Diagnoses - HealthPayerIntelligence.com - December 13th, 2019
- Penn Team Finds Genetic Variant Largely Found in Patients of African Descent that Increases Heart Failure Risk - Clinical OMICs News - December 13th, 2019
- For Nobel laureates, a whirlwind welcome - The Hub at Johns Hopkins - December 13th, 2019
- A Nobel journey a lifetime in the making - The Hub at Johns Hopkins - December 13th, 2019
- Teams of Microbes Are at Work in Our Bodies. Drexel Researchers Have Figured Out What They're up to. - DrexelNow - Drexel Now - December 13th, 2019
- 5 things a Nobel Prize winner wants you to know about science - Futurity: Research News - December 13th, 2019
- Aspen Neuroscience Launches With $6.5 Million Seed Funding to Advance First-of-its-Kind Personalized Cell Therapy for Parkinson's Disease - P&T... - December 13th, 2019
- Researchers unfold genetic code that controls cell function and disease - BSA bureau - December 13th, 2019
- Cannadabis: tissue culture and the future of cannabis cultivation - Health Europa - December 13th, 2019
- The genetic mutation behind a new autoinflammatory disease - Pursuit - December 13th, 2019
- 21st century medicine helps Amish deal with rare, inherited illnesses - University of Wisconsin-Madison - October 19th, 2019
- Research presented by Invitae at the American Society of Human Genetics Meeting Pushes Science and Practice of Genetics Forward - P&T Community - October 19th, 2019
- Genetic Tests For Psychiatric Drugs Now Covered By Some Insurers : Shots - Health News - NPR - October 19th, 2019
- How Artifical Intelligence Is Advancing Precision Medicine - Forbes - October 19th, 2019
- Ochsner Health System teaming up with Color on population health pilot - FierceHealthcare - October 19th, 2019
- Scientists at Wake Forest School of Medicine Identify Genetic Variation Linked to Severity of ALS - Newswise - October 19th, 2019
- 100 Health Summit: How to Make Research Better | Time.com - TIME - October 19th, 2019
- Genetic counselors save health care dollars when involved in the testing process | TheHill - The Hill - October 19th, 2019
- New Gene Therapy Approach Reduces Cost and Improves Efficiency - DocWire News - October 19th, 2019
- NIH funds new All of Us Research Program genome center to test advanced sequencing tools - National Institutes of Health - October 19th, 2019
- Gait and Aging; Statin Use in Kids: It's PodMed Double T! - MedPage Today - October 19th, 2019
- SIDS May Be Linked To A Genetic Inability To Digest Milk, Study Finds - Moms - October 19th, 2019
- Are Pricey Fertility Treatments Helping Women Have Babies...Or Preying On Them? - Women's Health - October 19th, 2019
- My Daughter and I Were Diagnosed With Autism on the Same Day - NYT Parenting - October 19th, 2019
- Embodied: The Elusive Science Of Sleep - WUNC - October 19th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: This Week on Bitfinex, Tether, Coinbase, & More - May 25th, 2019
- Ripple Price Forecast: XRP vs SWIFT, SEC Updates, and More - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Bitcoin ETFs, Andreessen Horowitz, and Contradictions in Crypto - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Looking Past the Bithumb Crypto Hack - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: XRP Validators, Malta, and Practical Tokens - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Bitcoin ETF Rejection, AMD Microchip Sales, and Hedge Funds - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: What You Need to Know This Week - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: New Exchanges Could Boost Crypto Liquidity - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Vitalik Buterin Doesn’t Care About Bitcoin ETFs - May 25th, 2019
- Bitcoin Rise: Is the Recent Bitcoin Price Surge a Sign of Things to Come or Another Misdirection? - May 25th, 2019