DUBLIN, Sept. 3, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Global DNA Sequencing: Research, Applied and Clinical Markets" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Research and Markets Logo
The report's scope covers sequencing technologies, industries, applications, patents, initiatives and companies. The markets for sequencing services and products are given for the years 2020, 2021 and 2026.
This report reviews the leading sequencing technologies and describes why genetic variation is essential in clinical testing. It then discusses some of the important research initiatives that impact sequencing applications. The main market driving forces for sequencing services and products are listed and discussed.
The DNA sequencing industry has achieved notable growth from its beginnings to become a vital sector in the life sciences industry.
Sequencing plays a central role in many life science megatrends, including synthetic biology, precision medicine, population and consumer genomics; tissue-agnostic drugs; liquid biopsy; blockchain technologies, gene editing and a shift toward consumerism. These major trends favor rising sequencing adoption and growth in the future.
For example, in clinical diagnostics, there is a move toward a more consumer-focused model. This will propel the demand for genomics technologies as consumers will want to better understand the role that genetic variations and genes have in their future health outcomes.
Significant developments in the research space include the growth of large-scale sequencing initiatives and support for sequencing by major governmental funding agencies.
Major developments in the applied space include the proliferation of population-scale sequencing projects around the globe, the use of sequencing by biopharma for the selection of patients for clinical trials of precision medicines and an increase in synthetic biology and agriculture applications.
Population-scale sequencing projects have various positive effects on the sequencing market. These projects give insight into how genetic variation contributes to disease diagnosis, risk prediction and treatment; advance knowledge about genetic variation within and across populations; and facilitate the development of new sequencing tools and analysis methods.
Significant developments in the clinical space include the launch and fast growth of NIPT, companion diagnostics for tissue-agnostic drugs and for drug development, and a growing installed base of sequencing instruments for genetic testing. Important clinical sequencing applications include reproductive health, oncology, rare and undiagnosed diseases, and transplant medicine.
Genomics (including sequencing) is a key medical technology. Once the human genome had been sequenced, medical researchers were able to start identifying disease-causing variations in the genetic code. Drugs could then be targeted to specific genes, offering tailored treatments.
This also opened up a market opportunity in clinical trials to select a subgroup of patients who will respond to the drug. As a result, drugs that may have failed clinical trials due to side effects among a general population could make their way through the trials with a genetically targeted subgroup.
For market estimates, data is provided for 2020 as the base year and for 2021, and it is forecast through year-end 2026. Estimated values used are based on product manufacturers' and service providers' total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars that have not been adjusted for inflation.
Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2020, estimates for 2021, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2026
Estimation of the market size and market forecast for DNA sequencing industry, and corresponding market share analysis by delivered format, product type, end use segment, application, disease category, and geography
Highlights of key market dynamics (DROs) for DNA sequencing, regulatory scenario, and impact of COVID-19 on the progress of this market
Discussion of market opportunities for DNA sequencing, industry structure, applications and business considerations of sequencing technologies, along with ongoing dramatic changes in the structure of MedTech industry
Review of the leading next-generation sequencing (NGS) technologies, emerging applications, and penetration of DNA sequencing-based diagnostics and research initiatives affecting the marketplace
Patent analysis for novel sequencing technologies, latest developments, clinical trials, and potential markets for future developments
Insight into the sequencing industry activities including major acquisitions and strategic alliances, competitive benchmarking of key sequencing industry participants and their growth strategies
Market share analysis of the key companies of the industry and their detailed company profiles including Agilent Technologies, Becton, Dickinson and Co., Bio-Rad, Danaher Corp., Illumina Inc., Merck KGaA, Roche, and Thermo Fisher
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic
Impact on MedTech
Elective and Noncritical Procedures
Shift in Manufacturing
Regulatory Delays, Clinical Trials and Product Launches
Supply Chain Disruptions
Impact of COVID-19 on DNA Sequencing
Adaptive Biotechnologies Inc.
Agilent Technologies Inc.
Athena Diagnostics Inc.
Becton, Dickinson And Co.
Berry Genomics Co. Ltd.
Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
Caris Life Sciences
Cygnus Biosciences Co. Ltd.
Darui Biotechnology Co. Ltd.
Epic Sciences Inc.
Fry Laboratories Llc
Gene By Gene Ltd.
Genomatix Software Gmbh
Genome Profiling Llc
Grandomics Biosciences Co. Ltd.
Guardant Health Inc.
Helix Opco Llc
Htg Molecular Diagnostics Inc.
Inex Innovations Exchange Pte. Ltd.
Interpace Diagnostics Llc
Laboratory Corp. Of America Inc.
Myriad Genetics Inc.
New England Biolabs
Ngenebio Co., Ltd.
Novogene Co. Ltd.
Nugen Technologies Inc.
Oxford Nanopore Technologies Ltd.
Pacific Biosciences Of California Inc.
Paradigm Diagnostics Inc.
Parseq Lab Co. Ltd.
Personal Genome Diagnostics Inc.
Continue reading here:
- UC Davis Health's partnership in telegenomics improves accessibility to genetic medicine with telemedicine robots - The Aggie - The Aggie - September 5th, 2021
- Could gene therapies be used to cure more people with HIV? - aidsmap - September 5th, 2021
- What to expect at the FDA's two-day meeting on gene therapy safety - BioPharma Dive - September 5th, 2021
- Agathos Biologics Receives $900,000 from the North Dakota Bioscience Innovation Grant Program - Yahoo Finance - September 5th, 2021
- New gene therapies may soon treat dozens of rare diseases, but million-dollar price tags will put them out of reach for many - The Conversation US - September 5th, 2021
- An ethical analysis of divergent clinical approaches to the application of genetic testing for autism and s... - Physician's Weekly - September 5th, 2021
- Intense exercise could trigger ALS in those with genetic risk - Livescience.com - September 5th, 2021
- UT Southwestern selected top health care employer in Texas by Forbes - UT Southwestern - September 5th, 2021
- Opinion: Gene editing can be leveraged for the greater good with appropriate regulations - Varsity - September 5th, 2021
- Beefing up livestock disaster assistance | Farm & Ranch | willistonherald.com - Williston Daily Herald - September 5th, 2021
- Precision Medicine Platform Aims to Advance Cancer Gene Therapies - HealthITAnalytics.com - February 11th, 2021
- Celebrate the Third Annual Medical Genetics Awareness Week April 13-16, 2021 - PRNewswire - February 11th, 2021
- The race to treat a rare, fatal syndrome may help others with common disorders like diabetes - Science Magazine - February 11th, 2021
- Myriad Genetics to Participate in Multiple Upcoming Health and Technology Conferences - GlobeNewswire - February 11th, 2021
- Neurons from patient blood cells enable researchers to test treatments for genetic brain disease - Brown University - February 11th, 2021
- The science behind those afternoon naps Harvard Gazette - Harvard Gazette - February 11th, 2021
- Ensoma Launches to Pioneer Next-Generation In Vivo Approach to Deliver First Off-the-shelf Genomic Medicines - Business Wire - February 11th, 2021
- Im 28 and I Dont Know My Family HistoryHeres How That Affects My Health - Well+Good - February 11th, 2021
- Ensoma Launches with $70 Million Series A and Takeda Licensing Deal - BioSpace - February 11th, 2021
- Response to Cancer Immunotherapy May Be Affected by Genes We Carry from Birth - UCSF News Services - February 11th, 2021
- NeuBase Therapeutics Reports Financial Results for the First Quarter of Fiscal Year 2021 - GlobeNewswire - February 11th, 2021
- PM Modi Waives off Rs 6 Crore Tax on Imported Medicine for 6-month-old Baby Girl from Mumbai - News18 - February 11th, 2021
- GeneSight Psychotropic Test's Combinatorial Approach Proves Better than Single-Gene Testing at Predicting Patient Outcomes and Medication Blood Levels... - February 11th, 2021
- Reflections on the 20th Anniversary of the First Publication of the Human Genome - Scientific American - February 11th, 2021
- Stem Cell Study Illuminates the Cause of a Devastating Inherited Heart Disorder - Newswise - February 1st, 2021
- Mysterious untreatable fevers once devastated whole families. This doctor discovered what caused them - CNN - February 1st, 2021
- Decibel Therapeutics and Invitae Announce Launch of Amplify Genetic Testing Program - BioSpace - February 1st, 2021
- CCMB team identifies variants of genes that metabolise drugs - BusinessLine - February 1st, 2021
- Digbi Health's gut-microbiome and genetic-based obesity management program now allows 60,000 Doctors and Providers in Blue Shield of California's... - February 1st, 2021
- Copy number variations linked to autism have diverse but overlapping effects - Spectrum - February 1st, 2021
- Are Gene Therapies the Medicine of the Future? - BioSpace - February 1st, 2021
- Exploring the Relationship Between the Microbiome, Precision Medicine and Cancer - Technology Networks - February 1st, 2021
- Press Registration Is Now Open for the 2021 ACMG Annual Clinical Genetics Meeting - A Virtual Experience - PRNewswire - February 1st, 2021
- 4 New Life Sciences Licensing Deals and Investments to Watch - BioSpace - February 1st, 2021
- CRISPR Mutants - The Dawn of CRISPR Mutants - SAPIENS - SAPIENS - February 1st, 2021
- SMART Study Finds 22q11.2 Microdeletion Prevalence Much Higher than Expected - PRNewswire - February 1st, 2021
- Genomes, Maps, And How They Affect You - IFLScience - February 1st, 2021
- Are Phages Overlooked Mediators of Health and Disease? - The Scientist - February 1st, 2021
- Two Gene Therapies Fix Fault in Sickle Cell Disease and -thalassemia - MD Magazine - February 1st, 2021
- The First Targeted Therapy For Lung Cancer Patients With The KRAS Gene MutationExtraordinary Results With Sotorasib - SurvivorNet - February 1st, 2021
- Atsena Therapeutics Raises $55 Million Series A Financing to Advance LCA1 Gene Therapy Clinical Program, Two Preclinical Assets, and Novel Capsid... - December 17th, 2020
- Locanabio Announces $100 Million Series B Financing to Advance Portfolio of Novel RNA-Targeted Gene Therapies for Neurodegenerative, Neuromuscular and... - December 17th, 2020
- NeuBase Therapeutics Announces Positive Preclinical In Vivo Data for PATrOL-enabled Anti-gene for the Treatment of Myotonic Dystrophy Type 1 -... - December 17th, 2020
- Genetic Analysis Services Market: Uptake of Next-generation Sequencing and Multi-gene Tests to Drive Market - BioSpace - December 17th, 2020
- FDA Clears Genetic Modification in Pigs for Biomedicine and Food - The Scientist - December 17th, 2020
- Key Genes Related to Severe COVID-19 Infection Identified - The Scientist - December 17th, 2020
- UNLV Researcher on the Curious Case of COVID-19 Reinfection - UNLV NewsCenter - December 17th, 2020
- Genomics and medicine it's complicated | Health | willistonherald.com - Williston Daily Herald - December 17th, 2020
- Emedgene collaborates with Illumina to scale the interpretation of genomic data for rare diseases - PRNewswire - December 17th, 2020
- Polymerase Chain Reaction Market | Increased Outbreak of Infectious Diseases to Accentuate Demand in the Market - BioSpace - December 17th, 2020
- LogicBio Therapeutics names Daphne Karydas and Jeff Goater to Board of Directors - BioSpace - December 17th, 2020
- rBIO Achieves Crucial Milestone on Mission to Lower the Cost of Insulin by 30% - BioSpace - December 17th, 2020
- Report: More than 1,300 Medicines and Vaccines in Development to Help Fight Cancer - PRNewswire - December 17th, 2020
- San Diego's Locanabio raises $100 million for treatments aimed at degenerative diseases - The San Diego Union-Tribune - December 17th, 2020
- Worldwide SNP Genotyping Industry to 2025 - Pharmacogenomics Led the End-user Segment of the SNP Genotyping Market - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business... - December 17th, 2020
- Potential Weakness in SARS-CoV-2 Discovered Single Protein Needed for COVID-19 Virus to Reproduce and Spread - SciTechDaily - December 17th, 2020
- Landing of $75M expansion of Texas-based Taysha adds to Triangle's growing gene therapy hub - WRAL Tech Wire - December 17th, 2020
- Track the Vax: What Do We Need to Know About the New Vaccines? - Everyday Health - December 17th, 2020
- Medical history from the year you were born - Quad City Times - December 5th, 2020
- Sarepta Therapeutics to Share Clinical Update for SRP-5051, its Investigational PPMO for the Treatment of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy - GlobeNewswire - December 5th, 2020
- Biochip Market | Increased Popularity of Personalized Medicine to Boost the Market Growth | Technavio - Business Wire - December 5th, 2020
- December: Baby birth weight research | News and features - University of Bristol - December 5th, 2020
- Global Next Generation Sequencing Market (2020 to 2026) - Growth, Trends, Competitive Landscape, and Forecasts - GlobeNewswire - December 5th, 2020
- NIH researchers link cases of ALS and FTD to a mutation associated with Huntington's disease - National Institute on Aging - December 5th, 2020
- Precision Medicine Market Poised to Grow at 11.5% By 20227 - GlobeNewswire - December 5th, 2020
- Fact check: mRNA vaccines kept at very cold temperatures so that they do not break apart; COVID-19 vaccines will not genetically modify humans -... - December 5th, 2020
- Stoke Therapeutics Announces Presentations Related to the Company's Work to Advance STK-001, the First Potential New Medicine to Target the Underlying... - December 5th, 2020
- King George III's illness debunked as symptom 'caused by medicine prescribed to him' - Express - December 5th, 2020
- Stoke Therapeutics to Present at the Needham Virtual Epilepsy & Pain Specialty CNS Therapeutics Conference - Business Wire - December 5th, 2020
- Following the science: the writers who have made sense of Covid - The Guardian - December 5th, 2020
- Gene experts claim they identified human genes that can protect against Covid-19 - CNBC - November 23rd, 2020
- Genome Medical Reaches 90 Million Covered Lives in US - PRNewswire - November 23rd, 2020
- Sarepta Therapeutics Named One of The Boston Globe's Top Places to Work 2020 - GlobeNewswire - November 23rd, 2020
- New Study Highlights the Importance of Genetic Testing for Pancreatic Cancer Patients - PRNewswire - November 23rd, 2020
- Baylor Genetics Launches Combination Test for COVID-19 and Influenza A and B; Multi-Panel Test Seeks to Address Dilemma of "Overlapping symptoms... - November 23rd, 2020
- CHOP Researchers Reverse Severe Lymphatic Disorder in Patient with Noonan Syndrome by Targeting Genetic Pathway - BioSpace - November 23rd, 2020
- Myriad Genetics Announces Global Expansion of Myriad myChoice Tumor Testing in Europe and China - GlobeNewswire - November 23rd, 2020
- Epigenetics and pulmonary diseases in the horizon of precision medicine: a review - DocWire News - November 23rd, 2020
- Four years after landing in US, graduating ISU senior is on his way to medical school - Iowa State University News Service - November 23rd, 2020
- Lethal brain infections in mice thwarted by decoy molecule - Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis - November 23rd, 2020