Everyones’ little heart is a-twitter for the subisdized cost of 23andSerge, now to be known as 23andKari (will tell you why soon) a whopping 99 USD. Which I had been saying is the correct price point for about 2 years now.
Yes, finally, something other than a will actually pull out the lurkers…..
Here’s my take. There was a company in a galaxy far far away, Iceland. That was the toast of the town in 2004. Why? They were collecting genomes for a grand experiment. They were going to discover fantastic links to disease and sell access to the highest bidder.
While they did produce some great Nature papers……what happened to DeCode?
I think we all know.
23andKari has now emerged. The front end…..happy shiny ancestry and disease links…..
I have forgotten to mention that the , have I?
The back end? A database of genomes to cull for disease links to be sold at the highest bidder?
In case you forgot,
And BTW, who owns that genetic data now? Is it getting resold?
Also in case you forgot, this is a
I think 23andKari will actually survive. Why? Huge megacorporation investment. That’s why.
Now that they are being investigated for , they have to ……
I have said it before and will again. Why sell Manhattan for bobbles and trinkets?
Because it’s cheap, that’s why……..Hell. IMHO, 23andKari should be paying you for your genome.
The Sherpa Says: Democratization is about to go the way of Russia and it’s oligarchs…
(1) blimp and million dollar parties
(2) FDA still hasn’t finished working on these companies
(3) Kari did this with Gulcher and went belly up…….
(4) Celera too?
(5) rock bottom version of Navigenics game…How’s that working?
(6) GOOG et.al. own 23andKari now. Your data? Wrong! Theirs.
(7) antitrust in the EU
(8) move quickly on this phase
(9) I hope the lab 23andKari is using is up to snuff this time…..after that whole sample swap issue, they are about to get a whole lot more volume.
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
petru aurelian simionescu 2013
Dr biochemistry gmail edu
futurists physical therapy
ppsspp monster hunter freedom unite tablet
techno fruhstuck correspondence heart beat
NASA comet ison update
nasa nibiru 10 11 2013
liberty generator tube
- Natera Adopts the DNAnexus Cloud Genomics Platform to Support a Portfolio of Next-Generation Genetic Tests - January 27th, 2015
- Autism Genes Randomly Mutated, Study Finds - January 27th, 2015
- Siblings With Autism Less Similar Than Previously Thought, Study Says - January 27th, 2015
- Siblings with autism often have different genetic mutations: study - January 26th, 2015
- Genetic Testing and Tribal Identity - January 26th, 2015
- Autism cases in same family more often carry different genetic risks study - January 26th, 2015
- Precision Medicine: Mayo Clinic Expert Describes Next Steps to Help More Patients Benefit - January 26th, 2015
- Medical Genetics | IU Health - January 24th, 2015
- ENIGMA scientists discover eight genetic mutations that may erode or boost brain tissue - January 24th, 2015
- Johns Hopkins Children's Center: Genetic Medicine - January 23rd, 2015
- Genetic Medicine Clinic at UWMC Home | UW Medicine - January 23rd, 2015
- New study finds 8 genetic 'errors' that cause aging of brain - January 22nd, 2015
- Unipathic Medicine: President Obama's 2015 State of the Union Address Encourages Changes in Cancer Treatment - January 22nd, 2015
- Investigator Offers Lessons From Precision Medicine's Cancer Debacle - January 22nd, 2015
- Genetic Medicine: Sid and Emma - Video - January 21st, 2015
- What is President Obamas precision medicine plan, and how might it help you? - January 21st, 2015
- New York's Program for Jewish Genetic Health and Montefiore Health System Partner to Offer Subsidized Genetic Testing ... - January 21st, 2015
- USC neuroscientists lead global ENIGMA consortium to crack brain's genetic code - January 21st, 2015
- Obama calls for major new personalized medicine initiative - January 20th, 2015
- Obama calls for major new personalised medicine initiative - January 20th, 2015
- Louis-Jeantet-Prize for Medicine goes to Emmanuelle Charpentier - January 20th, 2015
- Scientists Spot Mutation Behind Genetic Form of Heart Failure - January 16th, 2015
- Century-old drug reverses autism-like symptoms in fragile X mouse model - January 16th, 2015
- Deals For Genetic Data Raise Issues of Privacy, Sharing - January 15th, 2015
- Mutations linked to repair of chromosome ends may make emphysema more likely in smokers - January 15th, 2015
- Harmonyx Places Power in Patients With New Payment Model and Website - January 14th, 2015
- Personalized therapy for cardiovascular disease - January 14th, 2015
- A World First at the Montreal Heart Institute - Discovery of a personalized therapy for cardiovascular disease - January 14th, 2015
- World first at the Montreal Heart Institute -- personalized therapy for cardiovascular disease - January 14th, 2015
- Insights into role of genetic variants in kidney disease - January 12th, 2015
- Biogen Idec and Columbia University Medical Center to Conduct Collaborative Genetics Research - January 10th, 2015
- Smoking, alcohol, gene variant interact to increase risk of chronic pancreatitis - January 9th, 2015
- Genetic Analysis signs exclusive German distribution agreement with Labor Dr. Bayer/synlab for GA-map Dysbiosis test - January 9th, 2015
- Alnylam Launches Alnylam 2020 Guidance for Advancement and Commercialization of RNAi Therapeutics - January 9th, 2015
- Study provides insights into the role of genetic variants in kidney disease - January 9th, 2015
- Jewish genetic screening becomes more accessible through at-home testing kits - January 7th, 2015
- Genetic privacy: Who should know what your tests reveal? - January 7th, 2015
- Genetic factors contribute to insomnia in children, teens, twin study suggests - January 6th, 2015
- UC Davis presents 2015 Benjamin Highman Lecture on genomic medicine - January 6th, 2015
- Researchers identify new genetic and epigenetic contributors to diabetes - January 6th, 2015
- Interleukins PerioPredict Genetic Test Featured in Genome Magazine - January 5th, 2015
- Twin study suggests genetic factors contribute to insomnia in children, teens - January 5th, 2015
- Recombine Inc. to Participate in the Fertility 2015 Conference - January 5th, 2015
- Alnylam Files Clinical Trial Application to Initiate a Phase 1 Study for ALN-AS1, a Subcutaneously Administered ... - January 5th, 2015
- Health Workers See Promise in Software to Tackle Drug-Resistant Bacteria - January 5th, 2015
- Two thirds of cancer cases were genetic of bad luck: study - January 2nd, 2015
- Alternative and Integrative Medicine Center - January 1st, 2015
- Time to Fit Into Your Genes: Scientifically Proven Genetic Tests for Weight Loss - January 1st, 2015
- Study narrows down genetic suspects in autism - December 31st, 2014
- What Rare Disorder Is Hiding in Your DNA? - December 31st, 2014
- Cancer treatment potential discovered in gene repair mechanism - December 31st, 2014
- Machine Intelligence Cracks Genetic Controls - December 29th, 2014
- InformedDNA, NIA Magellan to Offer Genetic Benefits Optimization Solution - December 29th, 2014
- Medical Genetics - December 28th, 2014
- New health care strategy to introduce personalised medicine - December 24th, 2014
- NIA Magellan, InformedDNA to Offer Genetic Benefits Optimization Solution - December 23rd, 2014
- St Mary's Hospital to lead genetic revolution in fight against cancer and rare diseases - December 23rd, 2014
- NHS DNA Scheme To Fight Cancer And Genetic Diseases - December 23rd, 2014
- Liverpool to lead world in genetic cancer research - December 23rd, 2014
- How the genomes project could help you - December 23rd, 2014
- Genomics: the revolution that's transforming medicine - December 23rd, 2014
- Centres leading genes project named - December 22nd, 2014
- NHS to 'unlock secrets' using DNA - December 22nd, 2014
- NHS starts new era of DNA medicine - December 22nd, 2014
- 300m bid to find new cancer cures by mapping our DNA: Unlocking genetic code could lead to faster and more accurate ... - December 22nd, 2014
- FDA approves new ovarian cancer drug - December 20th, 2014
- Crohn's, Colitis May Have Genetic Underpinnings, Study Finds - December 20th, 2014
- A*STAR scientists discover gene critical for proper brain development - December 20th, 2014
- Genetics Medicine - GeneticsMedicine.com - December 18th, 2014
- Genetic mutation found to cause ovarian failure - December 18th, 2014
- Alnylam Provides Pipeline Update, Growth Strategy - Analyst Blog - December 16th, 2014
- Penrose offers genetic counseling via telemedicine - December 16th, 2014
- Concepts in Genetic Medicine - Boro Dropulic (14 Dec 2014 ... - December 15th, 2014
- Genetics & Medicine - Site Guide - NCBI - December 14th, 2014
- 2014 NCAS Philip J. Klass Award Presentation to Steven Salzberg - Video - December 12th, 2014
- 5. Molecular Genetics II - Genetics Medicine - December 12th, 2014
- Alnylam Introduces Pipeline Growth Strategy for RNAi Therapeutics in Three Strategic Therapeutic Areas, or STArs - December 12th, 2014
- Alnylam Pharma Announces Pipeline Growth Strategy For RNAi Therapeutics - December 12th, 2014
- New TGen test uses the unique genetics of women to uncover neurologic disorders - December 12th, 2014
- The Future of Genetic Medicine - Maureen Turner - Video - December 11th, 2014