Everyones’ little heart is a-twitter for the subisdized cost of 23andSerge, now to be known as 23andKari (will tell you why soon) a whopping 99 USD. Which I had been saying is the correct price point for about 2 years now.
Yes, finally, something other than a blimp and million dollar parties will actually pull out the lurkers…..
Here’s my take. There was a company in a galaxy far far away, Iceland. That was the toast of the town in 2004. Why? They were collecting genomes for a grand experiment. They were going to discover fantastic links to disease and sell access to the highest bidder.
While they did produce some great Nature papers……what happened to DeCode?
I think we all know.
23andKari has now emerged. The front end…..happy shiny ancestry and disease links…..
I have forgotten to mention that the FDA still hasn’t finished working on these companies, have I?
The back end? A database of genomes to cull for disease links to be sold at the highest bidder?
In case you forgot, Kari did this with Gulcher and went belly up…….
And BTW, who owns that genetic data now? Is it getting resold?
Also in case you forgot, this is a rock bottom version of Navigenics game…How’s that working?
I think 23andKari will actually survive. Why? Huge megacorporation investment. That’s why.
GOOG et.al. own 23andKari now. Your data? Wrong! Theirs. Now that they are being investigated for antitrust in the EU, they have to move quickly on this phase……
I have said it before and will again. Why sell Manhattan for bobbles and trinkets?
Because it’s cheap, that’s why……..Hell. IMHO, 23andKari should be paying you for your genome.
I hope the lab 23andKari is using is up to snuff this time…..after that whole sample swap issue, they are about to get a whole lot more volume.
The Sherpa Says: Democratization is about to go the way of Russia and it’s oligarchs…
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
futurists physical therapy
Dr biochemistry gmail edu
Modern marvels regenerative medicine
ppsspp monster hunter freedom unite tablet
techno fruhstuck correspondence heart beat
latest indian mision mars
NASA comet ison update
petru aurelian simionescu 2013
- Living in the genetic comfort zone - February 27th, 2015
- FDA and National Alliance for Hispanic Health Release Genes, Culture, and Health Report - February 27th, 2015
- Culture Clash: How Stem Cells Are Grown Affects Their Genetic Stability - February 26th, 2015
- Genetic defect tests are here - February 25th, 2015
- New Commentary from Asymmetrex LLC Director Anticipates Forthcoming E-Book on Stem Cell Genetic Fidelity - February 25th, 2015
- Agena Bioscience Launches MassARRAY 24-Well System for Affordable Genetic Testing, Liquid Biopsies - February 24th, 2015
- Genetic medicine under the spotlight - February 24th, 2015
- Healthcare is up for a Revolution with the Rise of Personal Genomic Tests - February 24th, 2015
- Genetic pathways linked to CF disease severity pinned down - February 24th, 2015
- Researchers Pin Down Genetic Pathways Linked to CF Disease Severity - February 24th, 2015
- Personalized medicines potential grows. But what signals real progress? - February 24th, 2015
- Addiction can also be compulsion, gambling study shows - February 24th, 2015
- Precision Medicine: How our Genes Can Help Determine Our Risk and Treatment for Disease - Video - February 21st, 2015
- New target for prostate cancer treatment discovered - February 21st, 2015
- The Genetics of Being Injury-Prone - February 21st, 2015
- Precision medicine to prevent diabetes? Researchers develop personalized way to steer prevention efforts - February 19th, 2015
- Enhancing the Caffeine Experience and How Coffee Habits Relate to Our Genetic Code - February 19th, 2015
- Scientists Map the Epigenome, Our Second Genetic Code - February 19th, 2015
- Dana-Farber Experts Share Five Things You Should Know About Precision Medicine - February 18th, 2015
- 'Epigenome map' opens new paths for combatting disease - February 18th, 2015
- Scientists unveil map of 'epigenome,' a second genetic code - February 18th, 2015
- New Insights into 3D Genome Organization and Genetic Variability - February 18th, 2015
- Journal of Molecular and Genetic Medicine - February 17th, 2015
- Research and Markets: Personalized Medicine, Targeted Therapeutics and Companion Diagnostic Market 2015: Strategic ... - February 17th, 2015
- Personalized Medicine, Targeted Therapeutics and Companion Diagnostic Market 2015: Strategic Analysis of Industry ... - February 17th, 2015
- Research uncovers additional pathways that cause obesity - February 17th, 2015
- Precision medicine debate hits University campus - February 16th, 2015
- A promising personalized medicine initiative, but little funding - February 16th, 2015
- Systems to identify treatment targets for cancer and rare diseases - February 15th, 2015
- Studies Find More Genetic Links to Obesity - February 14th, 2015
- More genetic links to obesity discovered - February 12th, 2015
- New option for Jewish genetic testing - February 12th, 2015
- Childrens Hospital Los Angeles Expands Center for Personalized Medicine - February 12th, 2015
- An International Genetic Study Confirms the History of the Druze Community - February 11th, 2015
- AMP Issues Position Statement on Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Testing; Supports DTC Testing When Information Is ... - February 11th, 2015
- New Genes Mean the Future of Obesity Treatment Could Get Personal - February 11th, 2015
- Largest Ever Genome-Wide Study Strengthens Genetic Link to Obesity - February 11th, 2015
- Precision Medicine for Mental Disorders - February 11th, 2015
- Another look at the potential for three-parent babies - February 10th, 2015
- Harmonyx Releases Affordable ADHD Genetic Test - February 10th, 2015
- Human Molecular Genetics - Oxford Journals | Medicine ... - February 8th, 2015
- Medical genetics of Jews - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - February 7th, 2015
- Learn Genetics - February 7th, 2015
- Genetic disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - February 7th, 2015
- Genetic Testing - Health Insurance, Dental Insurance ... - February 7th, 2015
- Gel Electrophoresis - Learn Genetics - February 7th, 2015
- Expanded Carrier Screening in Reproductive Medicine: New Joint Statement Is Released in Acog's Obstetrics & Gynecology - February 7th, 2015
- ESPERITE tackles Autism with revolutionary Genetic test - February 5th, 2015
- Two new genetic variants to breast cancer found - February 5th, 2015
- Study finds genetic mutation behind most common breast cancer - February 5th, 2015
- Pathway Genomics Adds Dr. Julie Neidich as New Laboratory Medical Director - February 4th, 2015
- Genetic variants linked to cancer - February 4th, 2015
- Medical ethicist red-flags new three-parent in vitro baby procedure - February 4th, 2015
- CIO Network: The Future of Genetic Medicine - February 3rd, 2015
- Obamas 'Precision Medicine' Database: How Safe And Private Is The Patient Data? - February 2nd, 2015
- Sequencing genetic duplications could aid clinical interpretation - February 2nd, 2015
- U.S. to analyze DNA from 1 million people - February 1st, 2015
- Obama Announces $215 Million Precision-Medicine Genetic ... - January 31st, 2015
- Mayo genetic data bank could boost Obama's new 'precision ... - January 31st, 2015
- What Is Personalized Medicine And Why Is Obama Supporting It With A $215 Million Pledge? - January 31st, 2015
- Barack Obama eyes gene therapy growth - January 31st, 2015
- US launches precision medicine research project - January 31st, 2015
- US want to analyse DNA of 1m people - January 31st, 2015
- US proposes effort to analyze DNA from 1 million people - January 31st, 2015
- Obama rolls out plan to invest $215 million in "precision medicine" - January 31st, 2015
- Obama seeks $215 million for personalized medicine effort - January 30th, 2015
- Obama proposes 'precision medicine' to end one-size-fits-all - January 30th, 2015
- U.S. proposes effort to analyze DNA from 1 million people - January 30th, 2015
- m-Health pioneer Professor Lionel Tarassenko discusses personalised medicine and the future - Video - January 29th, 2015
- GINA, Genetic Discrimination, and Genomic Medicine NEJM - January 29th, 2015
- Obama precision medicine plan would create huge U.S ... - January 29th, 2015
- Esperite (ESP) invests in multimillion largest clinical Genetic center and aims for pole position in Europe - January 29th, 2015
- Reprogenetics Announces First Live Births Following Use of Novel Karyomapping Technique in Embryos Produced Through In ... - January 29th, 2015
- AstraZeneca bets on 'genetic scissors' for range of new drugs - January 29th, 2015
- New Evidence Shows Genetic Testing May Help Target Use of Antidepressants - January 29th, 2015
- Taking genetic mapping to the next level - January 28th, 2015
- Obama's 'precision medicine' plan to boost research, but faces hurdles - January 28th, 2015
- Unipathic Medicine Calls for the Revival of Better Cancer Treatment for Patients - January 28th, 2015
- Natera Adopts the DNAnexus Cloud Genomics Platform to Support a Portfolio of Next-Generation Genetic Tests - January 27th, 2015
- Autism Genes Randomly Mutated, Study Finds - January 27th, 2015