Everyones’ little heart is a-twitter for the subisdized cost of 23andSerge, now to be known as 23andKari (will tell you why soon) a whopping 99 USD. Which I had been saying is the correct price point for about 2 years now.
Yes, finally, something other than a blimp and million dollar parties will actually pull out the lurkers…..
Here’s my take. There was a company in a galaxy far far away, Iceland. That was the toast of the town in 2004. Why? They were collecting genomes for a grand experiment. They were going to discover fantastic links to disease and sell access to the highest bidder.
While they did produce some great Nature papers……what happened to DeCode?
I think we all know.
23andKari has now emerged. The front end…..happy shiny ancestry and disease links…..
I have forgotten to mention that the FDA still hasn’t finished working on these companies, have I?
The back end? A database of genomes to cull for disease links to be sold at the highest bidder?
In case you forgot, Kari did this with Gulcher and went belly up…….
And BTW, who owns that genetic data now? Is it getting resold?
Also in case you forgot, this is a rock bottom version of Navigenics game…How’s that working?
I think 23andKari will actually survive. Why? Huge megacorporation investment. That’s why.
GOOG et.al. own 23andKari now. Your data? Wrong! Theirs. Now that they are being investigated for antitrust in the EU, they have to move quickly on this phase……
I have said it before and will again. Why sell Manhattan for bobbles and trinkets?
Because it’s cheap, that’s why……..Hell. IMHO, 23andKari should be paying you for your genome.
I hope the lab 23andKari is using is up to snuff this time…..after that whole sample swap issue, they are about to get a whole lot more volume.
The Sherpa Says: Democratization is about to go the way of Russia and it’s oligarchs…
- BI announces COPD collaboration with Weill Cornell Medicine - Danbury News Times - February 23rd, 2017
- Many people with harmful genetic variants show no ill effects ... - Spectrum - February 23rd, 2017
- OCD-like behavior linked to genetic mutation - Medical Xpress - Medical Xpress - February 23rd, 2017
- Soon, Medication Will be Custom Tailored to Your Specific Genetics - Futurism - February 23rd, 2017
- Personalized medicine may do more to treat rather than prevent ... - Salon - February 22nd, 2017
- 'Molecular Switch' that Causes Mucosal Autoimmune Diseases Discovered - Sci-News.com - February 22nd, 2017
- Pitt researchers uncover genetic marker that may predict drug ... - News-Medical.net - February 22nd, 2017
- Genetic Variation: Causes and Examples - February 20th, 2017
- Genetic test to determine reaction to medicine is on the market ... - SowetanLIVE - February 20th, 2017
- Multi-disciplinary project receives 390000 grant to discover genetic cause of epilepsy - News-Medical.net - February 20th, 2017
- Courtagen Launches New Avantra Genetics Division to Provide ... - Yahoo Finance - February 20th, 2017
- Dermatology - Stanford University School of Medicine - February 18th, 2017
- Advocacy, Education & Empowerment | GeneticAlliance.org - February 18th, 2017
- Boehringer Ingelheim And Weill Cornell Medicine Announce New ... - Clinical Leader - February 18th, 2017
- Stepping up the hunt for genetic diseases - Medical Xpress - February 17th, 2017
- Personalized medicine may do more to treat rather than prevent chronic diseases - Medical Xpress - February 17th, 2017
- Boehringer Ingelheim and Weill Cornell Medicine announce new ... - Yahoo Finance - February 17th, 2017
- Genetic basis for male baldness identified in large-scale study - Medical News Today - February 16th, 2017
- UNIGE researchers develop new technique to improve diagnosis of genetic diseases - News-Medical.net - February 16th, 2017
- Personalized medicine may do more to treat rather than prevent chronic diseases - NewsOK.com - February 16th, 2017
- AP, HHMI collaborate on expanded science, health coverage - New Jersey Herald - February 16th, 2017
- Scientists identify genetic signature of risk for type 2 diabetes - News-Medical.net - February 15th, 2017
- Scientific Panel Says Editing Heritable Human Genes Could Be OK In The Future - NPR - February 15th, 2017
- Penn gene therapy pioneer teams up with FAST in race ... - Newswise - Newswise (press release) - February 15th, 2017
- Diabetes in your DNA? Scientists zero in on the genetic signature of risk - Medical Xpress - February 14th, 2017
- The secret to health and long life: It's in your genes - Rutland Herald - February 14th, 2017
- In-depth gene search reveals new mutations, drug targets in rare adrenal tumors - Medical Xpress - February 14th, 2017
- China aims for share of precision medicine - Arkansas Online - February 13th, 2017
- Genetic testing provides writer, doc in-depth info - Times Record News - February 13th, 2017
- Diabetes in your DNA? Scientists zero in on the genetic signature of risk - University of Michigan Health System News (press release) - February 13th, 2017
- Specific genetic errors that trigger congenital heart disease can be reproduced in common fruit fly - News-Medical.net - February 12th, 2017
- Study of complex genetic region finds hidden role of NCF1 in ... - Medical Xpress - February 12th, 2017
- Induced pluripotent stem cells don't increase genetic mutations - Science Daily - February 11th, 2017
- China aggressively challenges US lead in precision medicine - Genetic Literacy Project - February 10th, 2017
- New method of genetic engineering indispensable tool in biotechnological applications - Science Daily - February 10th, 2017
- Regenerative Medicine Has a Bright Future - Healthline - February 10th, 2017
- China Turns to Precision Medicine in Fight Against Cancer ... - Bloomberg - February 9th, 2017
- With MSK Leading the Way, Precision Medicine Links Lab Research to Patient Care - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (blog) - February 9th, 2017
- Why do people accept biotech in medicine but not GMO foods? - Genetic Literacy Project - February 9th, 2017
- Genetic profiling can guide stem cell transplantation for patients with myelodysplastic syndrome - Medical Xpress - February 9th, 2017
- Researchers find genetic cause of new type of muscular dystrophy - Medical Xpress - February 9th, 2017
- Penn Genetics Researcher Receives Grant From Pharmaceutical Consortium to Study Diabetic Kidney Disease - Newswise (press release) - February 8th, 2017
- The Cuban hustle: Doctors drive cabs and work abroad to make up for meager pay - STAT - February 8th, 2017
- 15 School of Medicine researchers named CZ Biohub investigators - Stanford Medical Center Report - February 8th, 2017
- Genetic defects in tooth enamel conducive to development of caries - Medical Xpress - February 8th, 2017
- Many high-risk patients with breast cancer aren't getting genetic testing. Here's why. - Washington Post - February 7th, 2017
- Studies point way to precision therapies for common class of genetic disorders - Medical Xpress - February 7th, 2017
- Genetic test to predict opioid risk lacks proof, experts say - Philly.com - Philly.com - February 7th, 2017
- Precision Medicine: How Phoenix Children's is translating genetic code into lifesaving treatments - FOX 10 News Phoenix - February 6th, 2017
- Studies reveal link between rotator cuff disease and genetics - News-Medical.net - February 6th, 2017
- Precision-medicine approach could revive prostate cancer test - Science Daily - February 6th, 2017
- Research consortium identifies 13 new genetic regions associated with COPD and shared risk factors for pulmonary ... - Science Daily - February 6th, 2017
- Gene therapy allows deaf mice to hear: study - Yahoo News - February 6th, 2017
- DNA changes that affect human height uncovered - Medical News Today - February 6th, 2017
- Toxicology Conferences 2017 | Pharmacology Conferences ... - January 23rd, 2017
- 23andMe - DNA Genetic Testing & Analysis - January 14th, 2017
- A New Initiative on Precision Medicine NEJM - January 13th, 2017
- BioMed Central - January 7th, 2017
- Medical genetics - Wikipedia - January 5th, 2017
- Science Translational Medicine - January 3rd, 2017
- Genetic code - Wikipedia - December 25th, 2016
- Genetics & Medicine - Site Guide - NCBI - ncbi.nlm.nih.gov - December 22nd, 2016
- Department of Genetic Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College - December 22nd, 2016
- Genetic Medicine - December 22nd, 2016
- Genetics - Wikipedia - December 8th, 2016
- Worlds Leading Genomics Conference | Global Meetings ... - December 8th, 2016
- Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. publishers | Leading innovation and ... - December 8th, 2016
- Genetic Medicine | Munroe-Meyer Institute | University of ... - April 10th, 2016
- USC Institute for Genetic Medicine - March 20th, 2016
- Department of Genetic Medicine (Research) | Medicine ... - March 16th, 2016
- Genomic Medicine - Genome.gov - February 6th, 2016
- preimplantation genetic diagnosis - Penn Medicine - December 21st, 2015
- Discipline of Genetic Medicine - The University of Sydney - October 12th, 2015
- Graduate Program in Genetic Counseling : Center for ... - October 7th, 2015
- Genetic Testing Clinical Reference For Clinicians ... - September 25th, 2015
- Contact Genetic Medicine | Childrens Hospital at Johns ... - September 25th, 2015
- Genetic Counseling Program - University of South Carolina ... - September 25th, 2015
- Genetic Medicine Clinic - September 15th, 2015
- Genome Medicine - September 6th, 2015
- NIH Clinical Center: Graduate Medical Education (GME ... - August 22nd, 2015