Everyones’ little heart is a-twitter for the subisdized cost of 23andSerge, now to be known as 23andKari (will tell you why soon) a whopping 99 USD. Which I had been saying is the correct price point for about 2 years now.
Yes, finally, something other than a will actually pull out the lurkers…..
Here’s my take. There was a company in a galaxy far far away, Iceland. That was the toast of the town in 2004. Why? They were collecting genomes for a grand experiment. They were going to discover fantastic links to disease and sell access to the highest bidder.
While they did produce some great Nature papers……what happened to DeCode?
I think we all know.
23andKari has now emerged. The front end…..happy shiny ancestry and disease links…..
I have forgotten to mention that the , have I?
The back end? A database of genomes to cull for disease links to be sold at the highest bidder?
In case you forgot,
And BTW, who owns that genetic data now? Is it getting resold?
Also in case you forgot, this is a
I think 23andKari will actually survive. Why? Huge megacorporation investment. That’s why.
Now that they are being investigated for , they have to ……
I have said it before and will again. Why sell Manhattan for bobbles and trinkets?
Because it’s cheap, that’s why……..Hell. IMHO, 23andKari should be paying you for your genome.
The Sherpa Says: Democratization is about to go the way of Russia and it’s oligarchs…
(2) blimp and million dollar parties
(3) FDA still hasn’t finished working on these companies
(4) Kari did this with Gulcher and went belly up…….
(5) Celera too?
(6) rock bottom version of Navigenics game…How’s that working?
(7) GOOG et.al. own 23andKari now. Your data? Wrong! Theirs.
(8) antitrust in the EU
(9) move quickly on this phase
(10) I hope the lab 23andKari is using is up to snuff this time…..after that whole sample swap issue, they are about to get a whole lot more volume.
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
liberty generator tube
Modern marvels regenerative medicine
techno fruhstuck correspondence heart beat
nasa nibiru 10 11 2013
latest indian mision mars
ppsspp monster hunter freedom unite tablet
futurists physical therapy
NASA comet ison update
Dr biochemistry gmail edu
- Find out the truth about genetic medicine - September 5th, 2013
- Eric Lander on Recent, and Surprising, Advances in Genetic Medicine - Video - July 5th, 2013
- OMICS Group Incorporation Acquires Journal of Molecular and Genetic Medicine from LibPubMedia - June 15th, 2013
- Genetic medicine unit now seeing 800 new cases a year in bid to prevent inherited cancers - May 16th, 2013
- Simple and inexpensive method to cut DNA could transform genetic medicine - January 10th, 2013
- Concepts In Genetic Medicine - Video - December 28th, 2012
- Immune System Changes May Drive Aggressiveness of Recurrent Tumors - December 28th, 2012
- Genetic Variations Cause Diabetes - December 26th, 2012
- Autism Cures Promised by DNA Testers Belied by Regulators - December 25th, 2012
- Concepts in Genetic - Video - December 24th, 2012
- Hundreds Of Genetic Mutations Linked To Autism - December 24th, 2012
- New Findings in the Search for Genetic Clues to Insulin Production - December 24th, 2012
- Three new genetic links to colorectal cancer - December 24th, 2012
- 3 new genetic links to colorectal cancer - December 24th, 2012
- Genetic clues to insulin production: Genomic analysis method helps track genetic contributors relevant to diabetes - December 24th, 2012
- Canadians answer call to share genetic data - December 22nd, 2012
- Major source of evolutionary differences among species uncovered - December 22nd, 2012
- Rogers Textbook of - Video - December 21st, 2012
- DNA Disruptors: Our Genetic Future (Pt. 3) - December 21st, 2012
- DNA Disruptors: Our Genetic Future (Pt. 2) - December 21st, 2012
- Genetic Mutations Lead To Autism And Other Disorders - December 21st, 2012
- DNA Disruptors: Our Genetic Future (Pt. 1) - December 21st, 2012
- Researchers reveal genetic basis for fundamental differences between humans and other vertebrates - December 21st, 2012
- Genetic action shows results on childhood brain disease Canavan - December 21st, 2012
- Genetic defect causing fragile X-related disorders more common than thought - December 21st, 2012
- Researchers Track The Origins Of HIV Through Genetic Variants - December 20th, 2012
- Study Finds Genetic Variation That Could Help Predict Mortality in Patients Suffering Sepsis - December 20th, 2012
- Genetic variation that could help predict mortality in patients suffering sepsis identified - December 20th, 2012
- The Promise -- and Perils -- of Personalized Medicine - December 20th, 2012
- Genetic manipulation of urate alters neurodegeneration in mouse model of Parkinson's disease - December 18th, 2012
- Move to protect traditional knowledge, genetic resources - December 18th, 2012
- Univ. of MD School of Medicine to study drug-resistant malaria in Myanmar - December 18th, 2012
- Report from the front lines of personalized reproductive medicine revolution - December 16th, 2012
- Two new genetic mutations associated with Cowden syndrome identified - December 14th, 2012
- Cleveland Clinic researcher identifies 2 new genetic mutations associated with Cowden syndrome - December 14th, 2012
- Home genetic test to dip to $99 - December 13th, 2012
- World's First "Hearts and Minds" Clinic for Adults with Genetic Syndrome - December 12th, 2012
- The £100 genetic map means everybody's DNA make-up could be available in 'very near future' - December 12th, 2012
- Genetic knowledge helps tailor treatment - December 12th, 2012
- Everybody's DNA could be on genetic map in 'very near future' - December 10th, 2012
- Genetic Fingerprint in Your Belly? - December 10th, 2012
- Hershey Medical Center's personalized medicine 'will do people in the community a lot of good,' expert says - December 9th, 2012
- Dispatch Special Report | Unlocking genetic secrets - December 9th, 2012
- Nobody Is Perfect: Study Shows People Have 400 Genetic Flaws In DNA - December 8th, 2012
- New Genetic Testing Reveals More Prenatal Abnormalities - December 8th, 2012
- Unlocking the genetic mysteries behind stillbirth - December 6th, 2012
- New prenatal genetic test gives parents more answers - December 6th, 2012
- A New Genetic Fingerprint Lives in Your Gut - December 6th, 2012
- Advanced Genetic Tests Spot More Defects Before Birth - December 6th, 2012
- Cancer, Genetic Risks and Precision Medicine Highlighted at Showcase - December 6th, 2012
- Genetic Test Reveals More About Potential Birth Defects Than Conventional Methods - December 6th, 2012
- Inflammation may be a cause of plaque buildup in heart vessels - December 5th, 2012
- International study points to inflammation as a cause of plaque buildup in heart vessels - December 5th, 2012
- Genetic variation recent, varies among populations - December 5th, 2012
- New Book on Genome and Personalized Medicine Preps Doctors for Changing Reality - December 5th, 2012
- Scientists identify 15 new genetic regions associated with coronary artery disease - December 5th, 2012
- Personalized Molecular Medicine Firm Genection Launched - December 5th, 2012
- Partners going personal - December 5th, 2012
- Weill Cornell researchers elected Fellows of AAAS - November 30th, 2012
- My Beautiful Genome: exposing our genetic future, one quirk at a time – review - November 26th, 2012
- New genetic test for fetus can give parents more questions than answers - November 16th, 2012
- 1092 human genomes sequenced to determine standard range of human genetic variation - November 2nd, 2012
- 03: Genetic Medicine (MRes): Bill Newman: why choose this course? - Video - October 30th, 2012
- 05: Genetic Medicine (MRes): Bill Newman: Manchester population genetics - Video - October 30th, 2012
- Genetic Medicine (MRes): Bill Newman: Career prospects - Video - October 30th, 2012
- The Health Quarter - Video - October 30th, 2012
- Hope for Duchenne sufferers - Video - October 30th, 2012
- Dr. David Valle Speaks About Evolutionary Medicine - Video - October 30th, 2012
- Advancing Health Care: Personalized Genetic Medicine - Video - October 30th, 2012
- Implementing of Genetic Medicine Programs: Laboratories - Debra Leonard - Video - October 30th, 2012
- Deadly Medicine Panel Discussion: Meanings and Implications of Nazism and Eugenics - Video - October 30th, 2012
- Cancer Trends Plenary Session (part II) -- Bio-IT World Expo 2012 - Video - October 30th, 2012
- Targeting genetic medicine - Video - October 30th, 2012
- LA Society for the Arts in Healthcare Event - Video - October 30th, 2012
- Yolantha Harrison-Pace: Author, Poet, Playwright - Video - October 30th, 2012
- USC Institute for Genetic Medicine Art Show - Video - October 30th, 2012
- Dolan Lecture Series 2000 - Ronald G. Crystal, MD - Video - October 30th, 2012
- Implementation of Genetic Medicine Programs: Laboratories - Stephen Chanok - Video - October 30th, 2012
- Shane McKee: Showreel 1 - Video - October 30th, 2012
- 3D Printing: The Future of Manufacturing - Video - October 30th, 2012