Sharif Al-Amin and Greg Perez of B.O.M., which stands for Barrel of Monkeys. (Photo by Shannon OHara)
Sharif Al-Amin, Jessie Gonzales and Greg Perez plan to open a new restaurant and bar concept in Garden Oaks with their recently formed hospitality group B.O.M., which stands for Barrel of Monkeys.
The group, which owns Monkeys Trail in the northside of Houston, recently signed a lease for the former Petrol Station space at 985 Wakefield Dr.
A spokesperson with B.O.M. said more details about the concept will be released at a later date.
The health-focused eatery Flower Child, 1533 N. Shepherd Dr., opened Tuesday for patio dining, to-go and curbside pick-up.
The Flower Child menu offers a variety of healthy items, such as a selection of gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options.
Mainstay menu items include the Glow Bowl, spicy sweet potato noodles with bok choy, zucchini, onion, jalapeno, shiitake mushroom, coconut milk and sunflower butter; Thai Dye Wrap, spicy tofu with Thai basil, avocado, carrot, daikon radish, cilantro and snap pea; and the Organic Kale Salad, which comes with grapefruit, apples, red cabbage, black currant, smoked almond, white cheddar and apple cider vinaigrette.
The Mediterranean spot Helen in the Heights, 1111 Studewood St. Ste. B, closed at the end of March due to COVID-19 and never reopened.
The restaurants website confirms that the local Helens location will not be reopening. But the Helens concept in Rice Village, Helen Greek Food & Wine, 2429 Rice Blvd., remains in operation.
While Rainbow Lodge, 2011 Ella Blvd., is open for dine-in, it continues its to-go operations and recently added a new kit to make date night easy.
Rainbow Lodges Date Night Kits To-Go, for two, will consist of what the restaurant called the full Monty, including cocktails, an appetizer, entrees paired with wine and a dessert.
The menu for the kits will change weekly.
Superica, 1801 N. Shepherd Dr., has added new summertime cocktails to its curbside offerings. The new items include The O.G. Margarita, a Blood Orange Margarita, a La Paloma Kit and the Ranch Water Kit. Both Kits serve up to six people.
Supericas sister concept, La Lucha, has added an order of a dozen wood-roasted oysters, half a pound of fried shrimp, deviled eggs, crispy shrimp tacos, and Szechuan shrimp and pork dumplings to its curbside offerings.
La Lucha has also added boozy milkshakes, an Old Fashioned cocktail kit, a Remember the Sling, which comes with Mezcal, cherry brandy, pineapple and Squirt, and a Youre Welcome, which is a Bourbon and rye, two vermouths and bitters to its drink curbside menu.
- Live from the International Space Station Toggle header content - YourErie - December 22nd, 2020
- Dedicated commercial human in-space operations are coming sooner than you may realize - TechCrunch - December 22nd, 2020
- NC native heading to International Space Station in fall of 2021 - WCTI12.com - December 17th, 2020
- Santa Claus to fly by the International Space Station - GPS World magazine - December 17th, 2020
- Commentary | Tim Peake's 2015 space station mission gave UK science a long-lasting shot in the arm - SpaceNews - December 17th, 2020
- Utilizing the International Space Station to enable humans to reach Mars - The Hill - December 17th, 2020
- China Moon Mission Brings Lunar Rocks to Earth, and New Competition to Space - The New York Times - December 17th, 2020
- SpaceX will launch a spy satellite for the National Reconnaissance Office Thursday. Watch it live! - Space.com - December 17th, 2020
- Space Operations Chief Emphasizes the Importance of Partnerships - Department of Defense - December 17th, 2020
- NASA shares photo of what snow-covered Himalayas look like from space - The Indian Express - December 17th, 2020
- SSTV Event to Help ARISS Mark 20 Years of Continuous Ham Radio Operation in Space - ARRL - December 17th, 2020
- Check out these amazing views of Earth shot from the space station - Digital Trends - December 17th, 2020
- NASA shares picture of snow-covered Himalayan mountains from space. It also captures Delhis bright... - Hindustan Times - December 17th, 2020
- DarkZero, Spacestation to play in SteelSeries Rival Cup this weekend - Dot Esports - December 17th, 2020
- Celebrating 20 years of space station research, discovery | Technology Today - Theredstonerocket - December 5th, 2020
- History in the making: bio365 soil being tested on the International Space Station - PR Web - December 5th, 2020
- Art projects from 2 students head to the International Space Station - KCTV Kansas City - December 5th, 2020
- HemoCue Lab-Accuracy: Soon Counting White Blood Cells in Outer Space. Innovative Technology Onboard SpaceX Falcon 9 Mission CRS-21 - Bound for... - December 5th, 2020
- N.J. students farming experiment to launched into space - nj.com - December 5th, 2020
- Getting back home from the space station | Opinion | pentictonherald.ca - pentictonherald.ca - December 5th, 2020
- Solar power stations in space could be the answer to our energy needs - Space.com - December 5th, 2020
- China's space ambitions: Robot on Mars, a human on the moon - Associated Press - December 5th, 2020
- NASA TV Coverage Set for Next Space Station Resupply Mission with SpaceX - The Southern Maryland Chronicle - December 5th, 2020
- Drake is selling a candle that smells like ... Drake, and more of this week's weirdest news - Bryan-College Station Eagle - December 5th, 2020
- Could an on-orbit gas station extend the lives of military satellites? - C4ISRNet - December 5th, 2020
- Trumps idea of war in space would be a catastrophe. Global cooperation is the only way ahead - Scroll.in - December 5th, 2020
- Russia to design space station section for 3D-printing - United News of India - December 5th, 2020
- Space station astronaut dons mask in prep for return to Earth - Digital Trends - October 19th, 2020
- Public library experiments with seeds that have been to space station - Roswell Daily Record - October 19th, 2020
- UCSD Grad One Of Three Astronauts Who Arrived At International Space Station - KPBS - October 19th, 2020
- THIS WEEK @NASA: New Crew Arrives International Space Station, International Agreement on Artemis - SpaceCoastDaily.com - October 19th, 2020
- Hatches Open! New Arrivals Expand Space Station's Crew to Six - SciTechDaily - October 19th, 2020
- Astronauts take shelter as space station dodges orbital junk - Space.com - September 23rd, 2020
- Contestants will compete for a SpaceX trip to the International Space Station in new reality TV show - TechCrunch - September 23rd, 2020
- SpaceX Sending Tom Cruise To The Space Station In 2021 - Hackaday - September 23rd, 2020
- See the International Space Station, 3 planets in tonight's sky - 69News WFMZ-TV - September 23rd, 2020
- The Elusive Peril of Space Junk - The New Yorker - September 23rd, 2020
- Look up: Here are the best times to spot the International Space Station this week - The Cincinnati Enquirer - September 23rd, 2020
- Made In Space is sending the first ceramic manufacturing facility in space to the ISS next week - TechCrunch - September 23rd, 2020
- Ellen Ochoa Shakes Hands with First Humanoid Robot to Head to International Space Station - SpaceCoastDaily.com - September 23rd, 2020
- Why Washington and Baltimore are different colors from space - Greater Greater Washington - September 23rd, 2020
- Why now is the most exciting time in space in 50 years - Fast Company - September 23rd, 2020
- Western Australia space tracking station to cut ties with China - The Guardian - September 23rd, 2020
- Dazzling Photo of Chinese Port Cities at Night Taken by an Astronaut on the International Space Station - SciTechDaily - August 10th, 2020
- SpaceX splashes down in the Gulf with UAB devices on board - Bham Now - August 10th, 2020
- 'Away' exclusive: Photos, trailer and Hilary Swank on her timely new Netflix space drama - USA TODAY - August 10th, 2020
- The cure is out there: Miniature space labs are leading to scientific breakthroughs - CTech - August 10th, 2020
- ISOVAC patient isolation units allow safe transport of infectious patients - AirMed and Rescue Magazine - August 10th, 2020
- Astronaut Samantha Cristoforett on what it feels like to live in outer space - The Star Online - August 10th, 2020
- Letter: Shelton Trails Committee celebrates tire removal from White Hills open space - The Wilton Bulletin - August 10th, 2020
- International Space Station caught passing over Arkansas - 4029tv - August 10th, 2020
- Space Dynamics Lab-Built Spacecraft Wins Small Satellite Mission of the Year Award - Yahoo Finance - August 10th, 2020
- Riverside Sheriffs Department Investigating Several Disappearances In Idyllwild Area - CBS Los Angeles - August 9th, 2020
- A cosmonaut on the space station photographed SpaceX's Crew Dragon landing site and a 'beeline' of boats speeding toward it - MSN Money - August 9th, 2020
- Dinosaurs may have also suffered from cancer scientists discover fossil with diseased bone - ThePrint - August 9th, 2020
- Retired Army Colonel Returns to Space - Connecting Vets - August 9th, 2020
- This week in storage, featuring a mucky International Space Station NAS system - Blocks and Files - August 7th, 2020
- SpaceX launching 57 more Starlink satellites early Friday: How to watch it live - Space.com - August 7th, 2020
- The Smell Of Space - Hackaday - August 7th, 2020
- Scientists invent a new way to track space junk during the day - BGR - August 7th, 2020
- Tonight offers best chance of spotting space station in night sky - pennlive.com - August 6th, 2020
- New ICARUS tracking system helps scientists unlock mysteries of migration - The World - August 6th, 2020
- SpaceX: Nasa crew describe rumbles and jolts of return to Earth - BBC News - August 5th, 2020
- Russia to Attempt Record-Setting Sprint to the Space Station - Rocket Rundown - August 5th, 2020
- Students work with astronaut and compete to have ideas launched to the International Space Station - Chicago Daily Herald - August 5th, 2020
- Space station - Wikipedia - August 2nd, 2020
- space station | Definition, History, & Facts | Britannica - August 2nd, 2020
- International Space Station - Wikipedia - August 2nd, 2020
- Watch Live Coverage of NASA Astronauts Return from Space Station on SpaceX Commercial Crew Test Flight - SciTechDaily - August 2nd, 2020
- NASA astronaut shares stunning photos of sunrise on the space station - The Indian Express - August 2nd, 2020
- How to see the International Space Station this week including the latest weather forecasts - Nottinghamshire Live - August 2nd, 2020
- Crew Dragon undocks from space station - SpaceNews - August 2nd, 2020
- Comet NEOWISE UK: How to see Comet NEOWISE and the International Space Station tonight - Daily Express - July 31st, 2020
- What a space mission to Mars can teach us about protecting planet Earth - Euronews - July 31st, 2020
- Comet NEOWISE and International Space Station UK tracker - how to see the comet tonight - Cambridgeshire Live - July 31st, 2020
- Mold grown in Chernobyl may protect astronauts from radiation in space - Business Insider - Business Insider - July 31st, 2020
- Watch live: SpaceX's Crew Dragon returns to Earth from ISS on August 2 - Business Insider - Business Insider - July 30th, 2020
- NASA announces astronauts for second SpaceX Crew Dragon flight to International Space Station - Fox News - July 30th, 2020
- Virgin Galactic Unveils Comfy Cabin for Jet-Setting to the Edge of Space - The New York Times - July 30th, 2020
- Satisfying the growing demand for space education - Create - create digital - July 30th, 2020