Over one lakh devotees arrived at the three beaches along Machilipatnams coast in Krishna district on Tuesday morning to take a holy dip on the occasion of Kartika Pournami.
The devotees started arriving at the Manginapudi, Pedapatnam and Hamsaladeevi beaches from across the State on Monday night itself.
A large number of swimmers and a battalion of the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) were deployed along the beaches to prevent untoward incidents.
Nearly 500 policemen and 60 women police personnel were also posted along the beaches to keep an eye on devotees and dissuade them from wading into deep waters while taking the holy dip.
District authorities deployed 120 swimmers at the Manginapudi beach alone while some swimmers were deployed on the 17 boats that patrolled the area.
At least 50 special bus services are being run between Machilipatnam and the Manginapudi and Pedapatnam beaches while special autorickshaws were provided for physically-challenged devotees and senior citizens.
Krishna Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) M. Sattibabu said that there were no reports of untoward incidents from any of the three beaches that were thrown open to the devotees. Milk has been arranged for children while changing rooms have been provided for the convenience of devotees, Mr. Sattibabu said.
By evening, at least 1.50 lakh devotees are expected to take the holy dip on the Machilipatnam coast.
You have reached your limit for free articles this month.
Register to The Hindu for free and get unlimited access for 30 days.
Find mobile-friendly version of articles from the day's newspaper in one easy-to-read list.
Enjoy reading as many articles as you wish without any limitations.
A select list of articles that match your interests and tastes.
Move smoothly between articles as our pages load instantly.
A one-stop-shop for seeing the latest updates, and managing your preferences.
We brief you on the latest and most important developments, three times a day.
*Our Digital Subscription plans do not currently include the e-paper ,crossword, iPhone, iPad mobile applications and print. Our plans enhance your reading experience.
Read the rest here:
- Tropical Storm Fay to bring rain, rough surf to Delaware; some beaches closed to swimming - The News Journal - July 10th, 2020
- As wind switches today, Michigans most popular beaches will turn dangerous - MLive.com - July 10th, 2020
- Heading to Delaware beaches this weekend? What you need to know about masks, restrictions - The News Journal - July 10th, 2020
- Port Huron's beaches are twice as packed with visitors this summer, according to parking pass sales - The Times Herald - July 10th, 2020
- Social Distancing And Booking Apps: What To Expect On Italian Beaches This Summer - Forbes - July 10th, 2020
- Bacteria Closes Several Beaches And Ponds In Barnstable - CBS Boston - July 10th, 2020
- Nearly All SoCal Beaches To Remain Closed This Holiday Weekend - CBS Los Angeles - July 10th, 2020
- A Florida man visiting beaches dressed as the Grim Reaper says governor should require masks statewide - CNN - July 10th, 2020
- Galveston's beaches will be open this weekend, but you may have trouble finding a parking spot - KHOU.com - July 10th, 2020
- Visiting Rehoboth Beach? What you need to know about the new face mask requirement - Delmarva Now - July 10th, 2020
- The best gadgets for the beach and pool: Tech Support - Yahoo Canada Finance - July 10th, 2020
- Teen drowns, 5 rescued from strong currents in Long Beach - WPIX 11 New York - July 10th, 2020
- Beach Access Activists Protest Private Fence Abutting the Old Saybrook Town Beach - CT Examiner - July 10th, 2020
- Crowds flock to Wilmington-area beaches for July 4th weekend - StarNewsOnline.com - July 10th, 2020
- Beaches, Pools And Playgrounds Will Stay Closed Through At Least July 4, Mayor Says - Block Club Chicago - June 27th, 2020
- Giant stinging jellyfish are appearing in greater numbers on Mass. beaches, but no one seems to know why - The Boston Globe - June 27th, 2020
- The Urbanists Guide to the Beaches of New Jersey - New York Magazine - June 27th, 2020
- Heading to the Delaware beaches this weekend? Here are some helpful tips for your trip - The News Journal - June 27th, 2020
- 'June gloom' will continue to loom at San Diego beaches - The San Diego Union-Tribune - June 27th, 2020
- Mayor on beach closures: I don't mind being the bad guy - CNN - June 27th, 2020
- These are all the dog-friendly beaches in Sleeping Bear Dunes - MLive.com - June 27th, 2020
- Heres how Cape Cod National Seashore beaches will change this summer due to COVID-19 - Boston.com - June 27th, 2020
- What You Should Know About Going To The Beach This Summer - HuffPost - June 27th, 2020
- Long Beach police arrest man on suspicion of West Long Beach shooting that left 2 injured - Long Beach Press Telegram - June 27th, 2020
- Atlantic Beach businesses adjust to face mask mandate - WNCT - June 27th, 2020
- Local gov't minister begs beach, river-goers to observe COVID-19 rules this weekend - Jamaica Observer - June 27th, 2020
- Heading to the Delaware beaches this weekend? Here's some things you might need to know - The News Journal - June 22nd, 2020
- Southern Shores votes to pursue beach nourishment project; "No Left Turn" weekends set - The Coastland Times - The Coastland Times - June 22nd, 2020
- Beaches Are Packed In Florida And Everyone's Happy - The Chattanoogan - June 22nd, 2020
- Multiple waterspouts spotted off Alabama and Florida beaches on Sunday - AL.com - June 22nd, 2020
- Rocky Point reopens to tourists amid COVID-19 pandemic, but its beaches are still closed - AZCentral - June 22nd, 2020
- Bill Maher Begs Millennials To Storm Beaches And Malls, Buy Pants - Deadline - June 22nd, 2020
- Lifeguards To Return To Select Minneapolis Beaches This Weekend - CBS Minnesota - June 22nd, 2020
- The 7 best secret beaches in the USA - Lonely Planet Travel News - June 22nd, 2020
- Headed to the beach? You'll see some big changes - WCVB Boston - June 22nd, 2020
- Crowded beaches and lines for tobacco: What day one of Spains new normality looked like on Sunday - EL PAS in English - June 22nd, 2020
- Daylight Beach Club returns to Mandalay Bay as an adult pool on the Las Vegas Strip. - Eater Vegas - June 22nd, 2020
- Memorial Beach won't get its summer dam this year - Sonoma West - June 22nd, 2020
- Mother, Son Rescued From Sand Collapse On Nauset Beach - CBS Boston - June 22nd, 2020
- This remote destination is home to one of Texas' least crowded beaches - culturemap.com - June 22nd, 2020
- Beaches are back: Orange Beach hosts hundreds of beachgoers on day one of reopen - FOX10 News - May 3rd, 2020
- Old Lyme Beaches to Close Indefinitely Starting This Weekend - NBC Connecticut - May 3rd, 2020
- Coronavirus live updates: Officials urge social distancing at beaches; over 65K have died in US - USA TODAY - May 3rd, 2020
- San Diego Officials: First beach weekend in 6 weeks will serve as a test - CBS News 8 - May 3rd, 2020
- Tampa begins to open its parks, beaches - Tampa Bay Times - May 3rd, 2020
- First full day of Gulf Shores beaches re-open - FOX10 News - May 3rd, 2020
- Hundreds of deputies will be making sure people on Pinellas County beaches are social distancing - ABC Action News - May 3rd, 2020
- Indian River County beaches open for exercise, and there's hope picnics could return soon - TCPalm - May 3rd, 2020
- Fort Myers Beach reopens to the public - Fox 4 - May 3rd, 2020
- Ventnor beaches to reopen May 8, Boardwalk to remain closed - Press of Atlantic City - May 3rd, 2020
- Amid coronavirus, Californians have a right to beaches - Los Angeles Times - May 3rd, 2020
- 11 Stunning Photos of Zanzibar's Beaches and Architecture - Cond Nast Traveler - May 3rd, 2020
- Whats open outdoors? Parks, trails and beaches to visit during shelter in place - San Francisco Chronicle - May 3rd, 2020
- Newport Beach Officials Release Photos Disputing That Their Beaches Were Overcrowded - CBS Los Angeles - May 3rd, 2020
- Deserted Thai Beaches Lure Rare Turtles to Build Most Nests in 20 Years - EcoWatch - May 3rd, 2020
- Maine's most popular parks and beaches to remain closed - Press Herald - May 3rd, 2020
- Marshfield and Duxbury look to shore up beaches with beach nourishment plan - The Patriot Ledger - May 3rd, 2020
- Coronavirus live updates: Outdoor access on the rise, virus rates vary between neighborhoods - USA TODAY - May 3rd, 2020
- City parks and state beaches re-open for exercise only - KHON2 - April 26th, 2020
- San Clemente beaches to reopen for residents this weekend - Los Angeles Times - April 26th, 2020
- Beaches are closed, but beach reads are still on the way - The Spokesman-Review - April 26th, 2020
- Florida lawyer to wear Grim Reaper costume to stop people visiting beaches - The-Latest News - April 26th, 2020
- Coronavirus has many beaches closed, but beach reads are still coming this summer - USA TODAY - April 26th, 2020
- What's open and closed this weekend: Beaches, parks and trails in Southern California - Los Angeles Times - April 26th, 2020
- Coronavirus: City of Ventura to allow limited access to closed beaches, parks, pier - VC Star - April 26th, 2020
- Will IRCSO patrol county beaches when they re-open Tuesday? 'Absolutely,' sheriff says - TCPalm - April 26th, 2020
- COVID-19: Satellite Beach, Cocoa Beach reopen beaches to sunbathers, groups of 5 or less - Florida Today - April 26th, 2020
- Heat wave has people even more anxious to hit the beach - CBS News 8 - April 26th, 2020
- When Pinellas County reopens its beaches and businesses, officials want to move slowly - Tampa Bay Times - April 26th, 2020
- Oak Island opening beaches Friday, with restrictions - WWAY NewsChannel 3 - April 26th, 2020
- After two-week closure, three Brunswick beaches reopen; Kure and Carolina still closed [Free read] - Port City Daily - April 26th, 2020
- Here is Galveston's plan to open its restaurants and beaches - KHOU.com - April 26th, 2020
- Visitors flock to the beach as South Padre Island reopens - KGBT-TV - April 26th, 2020
- Surfers, Swimmers, Beach-Lovers Want Answers: When Will We Get Back in the Water, and on the Sand? - NBC 7 San Diego - April 26th, 2020
- Edisto Beach and Kiawah respond to opening of public beaches - WCBD News 2 - April 26th, 2020
- Open and closed trails, parks, beaches in California - Los Angeles Times - April 7th, 2020
- 4 more Jersey Shore towns closing their beaches, boardwalks, halting rentals due to coronavirus - NJ.com - April 7th, 2020
- Marco Island approves opening entrance, exit beach access points - Wink News - April 7th, 2020
- Closing the beaches: Who actually has the authority to do it? - Port City Daily - April 7th, 2020
- No rentals, beaches, boardwalks at these Jersey Shore towns - New Jersey 101.5 FM Radio - April 7th, 2020