PALM BEACH COUNTY, Fla. Just hours after a new statewide COVID-19 vaccine appointment system went online Friday, Palm Beach County and Indian River County are not taking part in the program.
Martin County, however, will be among the counties using the system to pre-register for vaccine appointments. WPTV hasn't received word from St. Lucie and Okeechobee counties on their plans.
Florida residents who are 65 and older, health care personnel with direct patient contact, long-term care facility residents and staff, and those deemed to be "extremely vulnerable to COVID-19 by hospital providers" can register for COVID-19 vaccine appointments by clicking here.
However, the Florida Department of Health in Palm Beach County said late Friday afternoon it's not opting into the program yet, adding that "appointments are not available in Palm Beach County for those registering in this system."
Palm Beach County residents can still use the system to register. However, officials said you'll have to get vaccinated in another county.
"We do not want to create another waitlist," said Palm Beach County health director Dr. Alina Alonso in a written statement. "Our primary focus is completing our original chd50feedback emailed waitlist through the Health Care District of Palm Beach County. We prefer that the public wait until we can give them actual appointments."
RELATED: Florida to allocate portion of COVID-19 vaccines for western Palm Beach County communities
Alonso said earlier this week that on Tuesday, the Florida Department of Health in Palm Beach County will no longer receive first doses of the COVID-19 vaccine from the state.
Instead, Publix will be the primary distributor of the vaccine in Palm Beach County.
For the latest information about the COVID-19 vaccine in Palm Beach County, click here.
In Indian River County, Stacy Brock said her county is "opting out of the statewide system."
For registration, the county plans to use the Everbridge system, which already uses to send out emergency alerts, to implement a waitlist. The county has done injections at the Indian River Fairgrounds using an earlier system.
During the state preregistration process, residents will fill out their contact information and select their county.
Residents will be notified by phone call, text message or email once an appointment is available in your area. Officials said appointments will be given on a first-come, first-served basis, depending on when you register.
"Vaccine supply remains limited and appointments may not be available for several weeks in some counties," the Florida Department of Health said in a statement on Friday.
For residents who don't have Internet access, every county in Florida has a designated phone number to call and register.
Residents can find a list of each county's preregistration phone number by clicking here.
Earlier this month, Florida Surgeon General Scott Rivkees announced that only Florida residents will be allowed to get their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in the Sunshine State.
Read the original:
- Avalon closes beaches and boardwalk at night to control crowds of young people - The Philadelphia Inquirer - July 12th, 2021
- Use This Site to Find the Closest Beaches With the Best Amenities - Lifehacker - July 12th, 2021
- Oceanside searches for ways to keep sand on its eroding beaches - The San Diego Union-Tribune - July 12th, 2021
- NWS: Beachgoers shouldn't go into the water at Pinellas County beaches this weekend - WTSP.com - July 12th, 2021
- East Beach at Mission Creek Lands on Heal the Bays Beach Bummers List for Bacterial Pollution - Noozhawk - July 12th, 2021
- 10 of Spains best beaches for families and hikers - The Guardian - July 12th, 2021
- Where is Battle on the Beach 2021 filmed? Inside sandy HGTV location! - Reality Titbit - Celebrity TV News - July 12th, 2021
- Fairfield, Conn.: A Relaxed Beach Town Where Theres Plenty to Do - The New York Times - July 12th, 2021
- Lewes to consider naming guarded beaches - CapeGazette.com - July 12th, 2021
- Jersey Shore town orders overnight beach, boardwalk closures to stop unruly crowds - NJ.com - July 12th, 2021
- For new generation of Olympians, path was through NCAA beach - Associated Press - July 12th, 2021
- The beach is there for all of us we just have to get there - Los Angeles Times - July 12th, 2021
- Sick after going to the beach? Experts say it could be poop in the water. - Houston Chronicle - July 12th, 2021
- Long Beach woman is beautifying the streets of Skid Row one makeover at a time - KTLA Los Angeles - July 12th, 2021
- These West Oahu Residents Are On A Mission To Clean Up The Island's Beach Parks - Honolulu Civil Beat - July 12th, 2021
- Maryland familys vacation begins with memorable mammal sighting in Surfside Beach - WBTW - July 12th, 2021
- Army hauls 3 billion pounds of sand to Miami-Dade beaches - Miami Today - May 5th, 2021
- Sea turtle nesting season has started on Hilton Head beaches, do you know the rules? - WSAV-TV - May 5th, 2021
- Nurtured by pandemic habits, Huntington Beach Central's 'seed library' is sprouting new interest - Los Angeles Times - May 5th, 2021
- Despite some hesitation, Palm Beach County OKs 70-acre transfer of prime land to Scripps for $1 - Palm Beach Post - May 5th, 2021
- Atlantic Beach police official to bikers: 'We don't want them here ... not this year' - Charleston Post Courier - May 5th, 2021
- Hawaii tourist claims angry mom pressured her to leave beach over bikini - Fox News - May 5th, 2021
- Returning Bruce's Beach in California to the Black family who originally owned it - 60 Minutes Plus - CBS News - May 5th, 2021
- Hospitality Jobs at Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa are "Day at the Beach" Compared to More High-Stress Careers - PRNewswire - May 5th, 2021
- Sheriff: Beach Park man arrested after stepping out of vehicle with gun - Daily Herald - May 5th, 2021
- Tammy Heon Talks Tourism on Hernando Beach - Hernando Sun - May 5th, 2021
- Dreaming of a Virginia Beach getaway? This Town Center district has something for everyone - WSLS 10 - May 5th, 2021
- Mass. destination named one of the best family beach vacations in the U.S., according to Conde Nast Traveler - Boston.com - May 5th, 2021
- Fatal ATV accident at Goldsboro's Busco Beach one of several tragedies at park in recent years - WRAL.com - May 5th, 2021
- $2 Billion Advisor Team Joins UBS in Newport Beach, California - Business Wire - May 5th, 2021
- 7 ways you can have fun in the sun at Virginia Beach - WSLS 10 - May 5th, 2021
- Beaches top dream vacation wish lists for Americans as travel takes off - CNBC - April 5th, 2021
- California's beaches and popular attractions are becoming flooded with crowds again - SF Gate - April 5th, 2021
- Arrests made in Virginia Beach triple shooting that killed one teenager, injured two others - WAVY.com - April 5th, 2021
- KKK Flyers Found in Huntington Beach Week Ahead of `White Lives Matter' Events - NBC Southern California - April 5th, 2021
- Busy weekend expected on local beaches | Local News - Brunswick News - April 5th, 2021
- The Angriest Octopus Lashes at a Tourist on an Australian Beach - The New York Times - April 5th, 2021
- Easter Bunny makes a stop in Rosemary Beach - WMBB - mypanhandle.com - April 5th, 2021
- Over 90 Beach Rescues Over The Weekend - whnt.com - April 5th, 2021
- Schools in Long Beach, Calif., Start Reopening This Week - The New York Times - April 5th, 2021
- Toxin levels still to high to allow razor clam beaches to open - The Daily World - February 6th, 2021
- Strong storms possible throughout the Palm Beaches and Treasure Coast on Saturday - WPBF West Palm Beach - February 6th, 2021
- Not Safe To Eat: Thousands Of Clams Washed Up Onto Revere Beach After Storm - CBS Boston - February 6th, 2021
- Murphy Calls On Feds To Address Severe Beach Erosion In Ocean Co. - Patch.com - February 6th, 2021
- Duluth searches for solution to shredded metal cans found on Park Point beach - Duluth News Tribune - February 6th, 2021
- Man dies following Friday shooting near Indian River Rd in Virginia Beach; One person arrested - 13newsnow.com WVEC - February 6th, 2021
- Three Mastic Beach businesses honored for servicing the community for 50 years or more - GreaterMoriches - February 6th, 2021
- Developers of Miami Beach Convention Center Hotel Want to Reduce Height and Massing, Eliminate Parking - RE:MiamiBeach - February 6th, 2021
- City of West Palm Beach delivering update on water main break that prompted boil water notice - WPBF West Palm Beach - February 6th, 2021
- Mother of 'Little Jacob,' boy found dead on Galveston beach in 2017, sentenced to life in prison - KHOU.com - February 6th, 2021
- Whale That Washed Up on Florida Beach Turns Out to Be an Entirely New Species - ScienceAlert - February 6th, 2021
- L.A. County beaches reopen after threat of lightning passes - KTLA Los Angeles - January 30th, 2021
- La Jolla Parks & Beaches forms working group to address impacts of reservoir project - La Jolla Light - January 30th, 2021
- Rhinos, Rodeo, fair, Mutt derby, and exploration of the Palm Beaches' hidden spaces - WPTV.com - January 30th, 2021
- Port of Palm Beach implements training to prevent human trafficking - Security Magazine - January 30th, 2021
- Pipe Freeze Warning Issued Amid Power Outage In Ortley Beach - Patch.com - January 30th, 2021
- Virginia Beach church latest target in string of catalytic converter larcenies around city - WAVY.com - January 30th, 2021
- City of Hope Newport Beach celebrates one-year anniversary - Los Angeles Times - January 30th, 2021
- New Myrtle Beach breakfast spot highlights new business openings in the area - Charleston Post Courier - January 30th, 2021
- The Trump Plaza condo board in West Palm Beach voted unanimously to dump the Trump name - Business Insider - Business Insider - January 30th, 2021
- Two Flagler Beach Residents Arrested After Refusing to Comply With Mask Mandate at Commission Meeting - FlaglerLive.com - January 30th, 2021
- Winter visitors: Seals popping up on beaches along the Outer Banks - OBXToday.com - January 9th, 2021
- LEADING OFF: What's happening in and around the Beaches - The Florida Times-Union - January 9th, 2021
- Dangerous waves to slam San Diego beaches this weekend - The San Diego Union-Tribune - January 9th, 2021
- In Nags Head, questions over beach nourishment funding - The Outer Banks Voice - January 9th, 2021
- Myrtle Beach welcomes new attractions, events and more in 2021 - Attractions Magazine - January 9th, 2021
- 4 men arrested in connection with shooting death of 14-year-old Long Beach boy; firearms seized - KTLA - January 9th, 2021
- Beach erosion is Zoom meeting topic - The Garden Island - January 9th, 2021
- Around Town: Speak Up Newport Beach to host webinar on regional housing needs allocation numbers - Los Angeles Times - January 9th, 2021
- Stardew Valley: Everything You Need To Know About Beach Farming - GameRant - January 9th, 2021
- Shes A Miracle: Beloved Long Beach ICU Nurse Recounts Her Fight With COVID-19 - CBS Los Angeles - January 9th, 2021
- Young killer whale rescued after stranding on Scottish beach - Livescience.com - January 9th, 2021
- Long Beach firefighters are now getting the vaccine; what happens if they decline? - Long Beach Post - January 9th, 2021
- Virginia Beach Public Utilities offices will relocate to the Lynnhaven Area - WAVY.com - January 9th, 2021
- On the Montauk Beach - East Hampton Star - December 31st, 2020
- Coast Guard searches for missing boat with 20 people aboard headed to Palm Beach County from Bahamas - WPTV.com - December 31st, 2020
- 2 New Years Eve events in Myrtle Beach area approved by state, 1 major event rejected - WBTW - December 31st, 2020
- North Beach Volunteer Fire Department Receives 1947 Apparatus Back After Barn Find in North Carolina | Southern Maryland News Net - Southern Maryland... - December 31st, 2020
- Virginia Beach needs help identifying locations of people living unsheltered to help with annual homeless population count - WAVY.com - December 31st, 2020
- Supreme Shot Under The Manhattan Beach Pier: Photo Of The Day - Patch.com - December 31st, 2020