Kindred Healthcare and Dignity Health have announced plans to build the companies' second inpatient rehabilitation hospital in Phoenix, Arizona.
The hospital will be located in Gilbert, Arizona, and will focus on acute rehabilitation for patients who suffer from stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, complex neurological disorders, orthopedic conditions, multiple trauma, amputation and other injuries or disorders.
The building itself will be 50,000 square-feet, two stories high and have all private rooms, with a 40-bed patient capacity. It will offer therapeutic technologies such as augmented reality balance training, therapy bionics and a full-body exoskeleton.
Amenities will include multifunctional therapy gymnasiums and a therapeutic courtyard with exterior amenities, such as a golf chipping range and pickleball.
Kindred and Dignity expect the hospital to open by the end of 2021.
WHAT'S THE IMPACT?
This is the second inpatient rehabilitation hospital that Kindred and Dignity have opened in the Phoenix area. The first, Dignity Health East Valley Rehabilitation Hospital in Chandler, Arizona, began serving patients in 2016.
The two companies decided to build this second hospital to address increasing demand for the services they were providing.
THE LARGER TREND
Kindred believes that inpatient rehabilitation facilities could be used to drive cost savings in a value-based payment model, according to a report.
If the inpatient rehabilitation facility is able to efficiently lower mortality rates, shorten inpatient stays, lower readmission rates, create fewer emergency room visitsand create better patient outcomes, it will see better outcomes and realize savings.
Recently, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services provided another method of creating cost savings for IRFs. In a proposed rule from April, these facilities will get a payment increase of 2.9% for 2021 because of the COVID-19 public health emergency.
CMS also recently waived the 60% rule that requires each IRF to discharge at least 60% of its patients with one of 13 qualifying conditions, and allowed for telehealth visits in response to the pandemic.
ON THE RECORD
"We are excited to grow our relationship with Dignity Health one of the nation's leading health care providers to offer the Phoenix community increased access to high-quality inpatient rehabilitation services," said Russ Bailey, the COO of Kindred Rehabilitation Hospitals. "As with Dignity Health East Valley Rehabilitation Hospital, this new hospital will be dedicated to passionately advocating for and providing hope, healing and recovery to patients in its care."
"We are delighted to partner with Kindred to provide services that help patients function as independently as possible while safely returning to the activities they love," said Linda Hunt, the Dignity Health Arizona division president. "Dignity Health continues to address the growing health care needs of our East Valley and the Gilbert community."
Twitter:@HackettMalloryEmail the writer:email@example.com
Read the original here:
- ZEISS partners with Microsoft for better patient care through data-driven healthcare and to enhance quality and efficiency in manufacturing - Stories... - October 8th, 2020
- New Funding to Bring Mental Health Care to Homeless Shelters, Encampments - WTTW News - October 8th, 2020
- Healthcare companies cashing in on financing vehicle boom - Modern Healthcare - October 8th, 2020
- Health care is already benefiting from VR - The Economist - October 8th, 2020
- Health Care: The Best and the Rest | by David Oshinsky - The New York Review of Books - October 8th, 2020
- Diversity in health care starts at the beginning - Nevada Today - October 8th, 2020
- Respiratory therapists: Vital part of health care team - Brownwood Bulletin - October 8th, 2020
- MedaSource: Depth and Breadth in Life Sciences and Healthcare Consulting - BioSpace - October 8th, 2020
- Value-based Care After COVID-19: What Healthcare Leaders Need to Know - Medical Economics - October 8th, 2020
- Free sessions on legal and financial issues for those with neurological conditions - Norton Healthcare - October 8th, 2020
- Telemedicine and Digital Health to Set the Tone for Healthcare - Medical Device and Diagnostics Industry - October 8th, 2020
- How one conversation turned into a fundraiser helping healthcare workers - WATN - Local 24 - October 8th, 2020
- The 14 US health care billionaires, according to Forbes - The Daily Briefing - October 8th, 2020
- Sonic Healthcare USA Enhances Test Offerings with the Launch of Multiplex Assay for COVID-19 and Flu - PRNewswire - October 8th, 2020
- Florida is falling behind on health care and voting rights | Column - Tampa Bay Times - September 21st, 2020
- Doctors Push For Health Care To Address Climate Change In New Teaching Framework - Here And Now - September 21st, 2020
- Closing the rural health care access gap in Jackman, and maybe beyond - Mainebiz - September 21st, 2020
- Digital engagement and transformation of healthcare in Singapore - Healthcare IT News - September 21st, 2020
- From the Editor: The health care business adjusts to an ever-changing world - Mainebiz - September 21st, 2020
- The Coronavirus Is Creating A Mental Health Crisis For Health Care Workers - HuffPost - September 21st, 2020
- Intermountain Healthcare: Fighting for greater health and inclusion for the LGBTQ+ community - ABC 4 - September 21st, 2020
- Letter: Wagner is clueless on health care and the pandemic - STLtoday.com - September 21st, 2020
- Walmart to open health care clinics in Kissimmee and throughout Florida - positivelyosceola.com - September 21st, 2020
- Local VA receives 2020 Healthcare Organization of Distinction Award - Wgnsradio - September 21st, 2020
- Law and order vs. health care as Dems, GOP vie for suburbs - The Associated Press - September 21st, 2020
- Prescription Drug And Healthcare Costs Are Rising - Forbes - September 21st, 2020
- Trump's bogus health care promise was on full display in town hall - CNN - September 21st, 2020
- Monument dedicated to health care workers, victims of COVID-19 to become part of artificial reef - Suncoast News - September 21st, 2020
- Change Healthcare-HCEG Research: COVID-19 Reshuffles Healthcare Executives' Priorities - Business Wire - September 21st, 2020
- Mayo's Chief Digital Officer: The hospital of the future isn't just about technology - MedCity News - September 21st, 2020
- Fact check: Bollier claims Marshall voted against health care protections - KSHB - September 21st, 2020
- What's Next: Will health care industry, individuals act on the lessons learned? - Crain's Detroit Business - August 10th, 2020
- Commentary: Universal health care system will save money and lives - Times Union - August 10th, 2020
- What's it like to be an Arizona health care worker during COVID-19? Valley 101 digs in - AZCentral - August 10th, 2020
- Psychological impacts of this moment are overwhelming, Black mental health care providers say - Street Roots News - August 10th, 2020
- Health Care Workers of Color Nearly Twice as Likely as Whites to Get COVID-19 - Kaiser Health News - August 10th, 2020
- LAFCO dissolves the Palm Drive Health Care District - Sonoma West - August 10th, 2020
- Employer Direct Healthcare Announces Partnership with Trend Micro, Inc. - PRNewswire - August 10th, 2020
- Pharmaceutical companies are improving how they engage with healthcare providers during the COVID-19 pandemic - Healthcare Finance News - August 10th, 2020
- Global Outlook for Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality in the Healthcare Market 2020-2025 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - August 10th, 2020
- Unions' big lie to Quebec health care workers battling the pandemic: The government will protect you - WSWS - August 10th, 2020
- Anthem Foundation and March of Dimes Address Health Inequity in Maternal Healthcare - PRNewswire - August 10th, 2020
- Health care will cost this much in retirement but probably even more - MarketWatch - August 10th, 2020
- Tenant at Advanced Healthcare at Brownwood received $67 million in COVID-19 money - Villages-News - August 10th, 2020
- Consumer Assistance in Health Insurance: Evidence of Impact and Unmet Need - Kaiser Family Foundation - August 10th, 2020
- UT incubator takes the lead in health care consortium targeting Covid-19 and future pandemics - Austin Monitor - August 10th, 2020
- Research of regions healthcare reveals several key findings - Wilkes Barre Times-Leader - August 10th, 2020
- Darien occupational therapy assistant marks fifth anniversary at Seneca Health Care Center - The Batavian - August 10th, 2020
- David Hunter remembered as a 'giant of healthcare' - Modern Healthcare - August 10th, 2020
- 5 million cases of COVID in the US: Health care professionals warn we are not out of the woods - WTSP.com - August 10th, 2020
- Our view: Who will get the vaccine first? Health care community needs to make plans now - The Winchester Star - August 10th, 2020
- Sanders introduces tax on billionaire wealth gains to provide health care for all - Vermont Biz - August 10th, 2020
- A wave of Post Traumatic Stress may await health care workers and first responders on the COVID fron - Tampa Bay Times - August 10th, 2020
- Industry VoicesSimple steps will make a big difference in COVID fight. Yes, that means wearing a mask. - FierceHealthcare - August 10th, 2020
- FROM THE OPINION PAGE Health care transition: Emergency room still available in Bluefield - Bluefield Daily Telegraph - August 10th, 2020
- Four healthcare security lessons learned during the initial COVID-19 surge - Security Magazine - August 10th, 2020
- COVID-19 Underscores Why Certain Aspects of the American Healthcare System Should Change Forever - - HIT Consultant - August 10th, 2020
- Health care workers of color nearly twice as likely as whites to get COVID - The CT Mirror - August 10th, 2020
- Shippensburg University and WellSpan Health join forces to provide health care to students - Waynesboro Record Herald - August 10th, 2020
- Trump signs executive order to expand telehealth, boost rural health care - FierceHealthcare - August 9th, 2020
- Trump says he's working on health insurance executive order on pre-existing conditions - Reuters - August 9th, 2020
- Guest Column: The untold story of health care during the pandemic - Longview News-Journal - August 9th, 2020
- Covid-19 'Has Laid Bare' the Crisis of Healthcare in America - Common Dreams - August 9th, 2020
- Congressman Chris Jacobs Wants to Take Away Your Healthcare - Artvoice - August 9th, 2020
- Bernie Sanders wants to tax billionaires' pandemic gains to fund health care - Yahoo Finance - August 9th, 2020
- Bringing price relief and accountability to healthcare - The Durango Herald - August 9th, 2020
- Health Care Hero from Middletown: COVID-19 intimidating because there are still so many unknowns - Hamilton Journal News - August 9th, 2020
- Teachers, health care workers among many in Triangle updating wills amid COVID-19 - CBS17.com - August 9th, 2020
- MedWatch Today: Healthcare Hero, Cardiology Medical Imaging Team - YourCentralValley.com - August 9th, 2020
- Health Care Providers and the State of Liability Protections in the COVID-19 Era - JD Supra - August 9th, 2020
- Health Care Amid and After COVID-19: Public Policy Outlook - JD Supra - August 9th, 2020
- McLeod names 2 Healthcare Heroes - Sumter Item - August 9th, 2020
- Improve mental health care before forcing it on people - Los Angeles Times - August 9th, 2020
- Healthcare employment rebound slowed in July - Modern Healthcare - August 8th, 2020
- United States Healthcare Data Interoperability Market Radar 2020 - Most Health Systems' Essential Services are Focused on Tackling the Unprecedented... - August 8th, 2020
- Coronavirus is killing more healthcare workers in Mexico. Here's why. - NBC News - August 8th, 2020
- COVID-19 and Maine's budget crisis require action on health care costs - Bangor Daily News - August 8th, 2020
- Messenger: From COVID to Medicaid expansion, Missouri governor's race revolves around health care - STLtoday.com - August 8th, 2020
- Hospital's food delivery service is a blessing | Health Care - Grand Haven Tribune - August 8th, 2020
- Front-line health care workers have mixed feelings watching sports amid COVID-19 - USA TODAY - August 7th, 2020