Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) stock has been on a historic tear. The EV manufacturers market-cap is almost at $100 billion, and it is basking in the warm glow of strong growth prospects and risk-on trading conditions in the U.S. stock market.
Things could still get even better for Elon Musk. The worlds largest asset manager, BlackRock, announced a shift towards sustainable investments. And TSLA might just be the firms new crown jewel.
BlackRock manages an eye-watering $7 trillion fortune and oversees a portfolio that is heavily invested in fossil fuels. Thats about to change.
In his 2020 CEO letter, BlackRock chief executive Larry Fink announced the climate crisis as the catalyst for the stock market behemoths planned re-allocation, stating,
We will see changes in capital allocation more quickly than we see changes to the climate itself. In the near future and sooner than most anticipate there will be a significant reallocation of capital.
He was careful not to state there was going to be a total divestment from oil companies. This would be very impractical from a liquidity standpoint. BlackRock invests more in fossil-fuel reserves than anyone else in the world.
This commitment to green investing, suddenly leaves Tesla front and center as the perfect option for BlackRock to increase their exposure to sustainable investing.
Elon Musk made it clear from day one that his vision revolved around electric cars powered by energy harvested from the sun with solar panels.
Mad Money host Jim Cramer believes that Tesla stock is the ideal place for BlackRocks divested oil money to flow into.
Cramer went so far as to call the EV manufacturer Larry Finks ultimate stock.
This is heady praise considering BlackRocks titanic AUM figure.
It doesnt hurt that Larry Fink is already one of the largest owners of TSLA stock, and recently upped his holdings by 5.37% in November last year. Of course, Fink isnt necessarily a fan of Elon Musk, as BlackRock voted to oust the mercurial billionaire from his role as chairman in 2018.
So how much money can flow out of the pipeline and into Tesla stock? A lot.
In 2019, the asset manager had around $90 billion worth of assets in oil, coal, and gas. This is only slightly less than TSLAs entire market cap, highlighting how much capital could be re-deployed at Finks command.
BlackRock has reportedly lost $90 billion investing in fossil fuels over the last decade, so dont be fooled that Larry Fink has a sudden desire to help save the koalas.
Currently riding parabolic arc, Tesla stock is at all-time highs. The run-up appears to have been mostly fueled by a genuinely-historic short squeeze.
Its also possible that word had gotten out on Wall Street about BlackRocks upcoming shift, or even that the $7 trillion behemoth has wisely covertly started re-deploying its cash.
While it isnt clear precisely what has happened in the market, two things are apparent. Tesla stock is the perfect target for Finks push into more sustainable investments, and there is more than enough fossil fuel money on hand to drive an already-elevated TSLA to the moon.
Disclaimer: This article represents the authors opinion and should not be considered investment or trading advice from CCN.com.
This article was edited by Josiah Wilmoth.
Last modified: January 14, 2020 6:56 PM UTC
See the article here:
- Is Leasing a Tesla a Good Deal? What to Know. - Barron's - August 14th, 2020
- Tesla hints at new car model made in China in new job openings - Electrek.co - August 14th, 2020
- 12. A Wrench in Tesla - Business Insider - Business Insider - August 14th, 2020
- Tesla sales are sliding in Europe, but its not only because of competition - Electrek.co - August 14th, 2020
- Tesla Bet Propels New Japan Fund to the Top With 84% Return - Bloomberg - August 14th, 2020
- Tesla is involved in the development of a smartwatch, but why? - Electrek.co - August 14th, 2020
- Rivian fires back at Tesla in lawsuit, accuses automaker of attempting to malign its reputation - TechCrunch - August 14th, 2020
- Winning the electric car race is just the beginning of Elon Musk's plan for Tesla - Business Insider - Business Insider - August 14th, 2020
- Cramer Says These 10 Stocks Need To Follow Tesla, Apple's Lead And Split - Benzinga - August 14th, 2020
- Stocks making the biggest moves after hours: Tesla, Eastman Kodak, Shutterstock and more - CNBC - August 14th, 2020
- Zin Boats reinvents the electric speedboat in a bid to become the Tesla of the sea - TechCrunch - August 14th, 2020
- Was It Teslas Collision Avoidance System That Prevented This Crash? - CarScoops - August 14th, 2020
- Following Tesla's Playbook, Volkswagen Will Develop and Test Electric-Vehicle Batteries in the U.S. - Motley Fool - August 14th, 2020
- When Will Tesla Be Added to the S&P 500? - TheStreet - August 10th, 2020
- Johnny Cash's '70 Rolls-Royce Converted into a Stealth Tesla - Car and Driver - August 10th, 2020
- Does This Guy Really Gas Up His Tesla Model S To Extend Its Range? - InsideEVs - August 10th, 2020
- Tesla Haters Need New Lines of Attack if They Want to Keep Betting Against the Stock - Barron's - August 10th, 2020
- Inside the industry: How selling emissions credits helps Tesla grow - Autocar - August 10th, 2020
- GMs Cadillac Is Coming for Tesla. The Lyriq Is on the Way, - Barron's - August 10th, 2020
- Anand Mahindra is impressed by this Honda powered Tesla - Livemint - August 10th, 2020
- Shares of electric vehicle makers Nio and Nikola could be a better bet than Tesla, traders say - CNBC - August 10th, 2020
- The perfect all-electric Ford Mustang is actually a souped-up Tesla - The Next Web - August 10th, 2020
- Aviar R67 Is Russia's Tesla-Based Ford Mustang With 840 HP - autoevolution - August 10th, 2020
- Tesla Gets Crushed in Germany by EVs from Volkswagen, Renault, and Hyundai Group: It Woke Up the Giants - WOLF STREET - August 10th, 2020
- Tesla touchscreen wiper controls akin to texting and driving: German court - Business Insider - Business Insider - August 10th, 2020
- Tesla Battery Supplier LG Chem Expects Revenue To More Than Double At $25.3B In 5 Years - Yahoo Finance - August 10th, 2020
- Is Tesla's Obsession With Manufacturing Really Starting To Pay Off? - InsideEVs - August 10th, 2020
- This 840 HP Electric Mustang Is Built on the Tesla Model S Platform - Robb Report - August 9th, 2020
- Tesla Model Y Review: What's The Verdict After Two Months Of Ownership? - InsideEVs - August 9th, 2020
- Commentary: Tesla in Austin will benefit San Antonio - San Antonio Express-News - August 9th, 2020
- Teslas Chinese Rivals Are Riding an IPO Boom in the US Despite Political Tensions - Observer - August 9th, 2020
- Confused Labrador wags his tail as Tesla-driving owner abandons it in park and races off - Metro.co.uk - August 9th, 2020
- How will Tesla rivals top this EV innovation? - Automotive News - August 8th, 2020
- The Tesla Of Banking Start-Up Cred.ai Unveils Its AI-Powered Credit Card - Forbes - August 8th, 2020
- Tesla makes tiny change to Model Y that will save owners some headaches - Electrek - August 8th, 2020
- Tesla Is Limiting Supercharging To 120 kW In Europe, But Why? - InsideEVs - August 8th, 2020
- GM Is Looking Pretty Jealously At Tesla And Nikola - Jalopnik - August 8th, 2020
- Confused golden retriever wags its tail as Tesla-driving owner abandons it in park and races off - Metro.co.uk - August 8th, 2020
- Nikola Tesla - Inventions, Facts & Death - HISTORY - August 7th, 2020
- Three Modified Tesla Model 3 Race Cars Will Attack Pikes Peak This Year - The Drive - August 7th, 2020
- Europe Is Building the Next Tesla. Who Knew? - Yahoo Finance - August 7th, 2020
- Why cultivated meat is about to have its Tesla Roadster moment - Massive Science - August 7th, 2020
- Whats Ahead for Tesla, Nikola, and Other Electric-Vehicle Stocks - Barron's - August 7th, 2020
- Tesla Vs The Short Sellers: The Battle Is Never Over - InsideEVs - August 4th, 2020
- Check Out This Tesla Model S With A Rotary Engine: First EV Converted To Rotary? - InsideEVs - August 4th, 2020
- Tesla Model Y drive, Fisker and VW, the potential of bi-directional charging: Today's Car News - Green Car Reports - August 4th, 2020
- Here are Monday's biggest analyst calls of the day: Nikola, Merck, Yum! Brands, Tesla & more - CNBC - August 4th, 2020
- Chinese Tesla rival Xpeng Motors in talks over $300 million in funding ahead of U.S. IPO, sources say - CNBC - August 4th, 2020
- Don't Wait: Ten Reasons To Buy The Tesla Cybertruck NOW! - InsideEVs - August 4th, 2020
- Tesla Gets Yet Another Electric Vehicle to Compete With Ahead - 24/7 Wall St. - August 4th, 2020
- Exclusive: Panasonic aims to boost energy density in Tesla batteries by 20% - executive - Reuters - August 4th, 2020
- Tesla is working on massive sales presence expansion with new markets - Electrek - August 4th, 2020
- Tesla's Berlin plant on the fast track, minister says - Automotive News Europe - August 4th, 2020
- How Hyliions Under-30 CEO Aims To Compete With Tesla And Nikola In The Electric-Powered Big Rig Revolution - Forbes - August 4th, 2020
- Tesla shares sag as analyst flags mind-boggling valuation - The Detroit News - August 4th, 2020
- Ram Could Follow Tesla, Ford and GM and Build an Electric Pickup Truck. But Should They? - Gear Patrol - August 3rd, 2020
- Europe Is Building the Next Tesla. Who Knew? - Bloomberg - August 3rd, 2020
- Confused Tesla Model 3 Thinks It's a Lambo with Huge Wing and Louvered Window - autoevolution - August 3rd, 2020
- How Tesla Was Lured to Austin - Texas Monthly - August 3rd, 2020
- Elon Musk on Tesla Cybertruck: The goal is to kick most amount of ass possible with this truck - Electrek - August 3rd, 2020
- A.I. helps businesses recover from the lockdown And can Nissan take on Tesla? - Euronews - August 3rd, 2020
- Teslas Newest Partnership With An HBCU Is A Great Thing - CleanTechnica - August 3rd, 2020
- Tesla plans $780 million bond deal pegged to vehicle leasesits first such offering during the pandemic - MarketWatch - August 3rd, 2020
- Tesla fans snap up bonds tied to car maker's leases, its first such offering during pandemic - MarketWatch - July 31st, 2020
- Tesla and Nikola electric semis will arrive to rivals from traditional truck makers - Green Car Reports - July 31st, 2020
- Teslas Next Frontier The Tesla Home - CleanTechnica - July 31st, 2020
- What Are The Chances Tesla And Volkswagen Join Forces? - InsideEVs - July 31st, 2020
- Tesla is expanding battery cell manufacturing team, now hiring production associates - Electrek.co - July 31st, 2020
- Move over Tesla: Robinhood day-trading crowd finds a new speculative favorite in Kodak - CNBC - July 31st, 2020
- Tesla of Thailand Mulls Hydropower Plants to Balance EV Risks - Bloomberg - July 31st, 2020
- Stocks making the biggest moves midday: 3M, McDonald's, Tesla, Eastman Kodak and more - CNBC - July 31st, 2020
- Stocks making the biggest moves midday: Advanced Micro Devices, Tesla, Intel & more - CNBC - July 31st, 2020
- Amazon And Tesla Versus 885 Cheap Stocks - Forbes - July 31st, 2020
- Tesla is 2 years ahead of the industry in critical areas, Audi CEO says - Electrek.co - July 30th, 2020
- Lucid unveils its driver-assist plan to compete with Teslas Autopilot - Electrek.co - July 30th, 2020
- Behind Teslas Profits - Forbes - July 29th, 2020
- The 400% Tesla Rally Was Only The Beginning Of The EV Boom - OilPrice.com - July 29th, 2020
- Jamie Foxx Uses All the Swears in a Tesla Test Drive - Autoweek - July 29th, 2020
- Tesla could reap benefits of truly exciting glassy metal battery research - The Driven - July 29th, 2020
- Here are the biggest analyst calls of the day: Shopify, Tesla, Alphabet & more - CNBC - July 29th, 2020