We do not cease to praise the Tesla Sentry Mode. Nor do Tesla owners that find their cars damaged for no reason. Michael McEown gives us an example of that for this article. Not only once but twice.
On the same day, his Model 3 filmed a guy trying to enter it and a woman keying it. Too much for a single day, right? The Sugar Creek Community Park in Charlotte, North Carolina, should take measures to prevent that.
All actions developed there in early July, well before our latest stories on people keying Teslas. Although a couple of months old already, this video can still give the story a happy ending. McEown only needs our readers help to identify the woman that damaged his car. And the man that tried to enter, if that is possible.
McEown talked to WBTV and stated he just wants to understand why she did that apart from paying for the damages, of course. He told the TV channel he didnt interact with her in any way. One of his hypotheses is that she thought the owner was somebody else. The other is that she just hates Tesla. Unfortunately, that seems rather ordinary.
The woman first rubs a duffel bag on the white Model 3. Then she gets back and keys it. She then enters her seventh-generation black Chevrolet Malibu taking a good look if the damage was enough. When she seems satisfied with the result, she drives away.
We are not able to see her car's license plate. The case is the same with the white GMC Yukon that belongs to the man that tried to break into the Tesla. In the video, it appears as if he's trying to open the Tesla door. He's also quite close to the Malibu of the keying lady.
Was he curious to see the interior of a Model 3? We can't say, but he certainly looks suspicious. In case you have had items from your car stolen at theSugar Creek Community Park, perhaps this is the guy you should talk to? Let's leave that to the police and hope they can make some progress here.
If you know these people, please reach out to the Charlotte Metro Police Department or call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.
Caught vandalizing my car. Why do humans do such things?
Help me understand why. This Chevy Malibu(I think?) was parked here before I arrived. This is at Sugar Creek Community Park in Charlotte, NC. This woman came from the tennis courts where I was playing a match. I saw her practicing on her own 3 courts away from me. I never had any interaction with her, and I don't know if she even knew who the owner of my car was. I'm assuming it's random hate. I noticed a long dark scratch (from her duffel bag dragging the length of my car). Then spotted the scratch from her keying after viewing dash cam video.
Bonus video: Same day, different villain. Someone attempted to break in to cars at the same location.
Everything was reported to Charlotte Metro PD. They've been great, but can't ID this vandal. Damage was a 4 inch scratch on driver's side rear door. The duffel bag marks wiped off.
Read more from the original source:
- Tesla cars built in China have been recommended for government subsidies, report says - CNBC - December 7th, 2019
- What Drives the Tesla Superfans? - PCMag - December 7th, 2019
- Our Tesla Model 3 Is Entertaining in More Than One Way - Car and Driver - December 7th, 2019
- A top Tesla analyst raised his 'bull case' for the stock to $500, or 50% higher from here - CNBC - December 7th, 2019
- Police: Driver claims Tesla on auto-pilot when hitting 2 cars on I-95 - Thehour.com - December 7th, 2019
- Tesla is poised to deliver Model Y crossover in first quarter of 2020, says Deutsche Bank - CNBC - December 7th, 2019
- Here are the biggest analyst calls of the day: Tesla, Tapestry, Anthem, Whirlpool & more - CNBC - December 7th, 2019
- Here's how the million-mile battery could lead to Teslas lasting a lifetime - Business Insider - December 7th, 2019
- Here are the biggest analyst calls of the day: Tesla, Target, Denny's & more - CNBC - December 7th, 2019
- Woman Surrenders in Rented Tesla Hit-and-Run Crash That Killed Father of Four - NBC Southern California - December 7th, 2019
- Why the Cybertruck is a breakthrough for Tesla and designer Franz von Holzhausen - Business Insider - December 7th, 2019
- Tesla Cybertruck is almost $20,000 cheaper than Ford F-150 over 5 years - Electrek - December 7th, 2019
- More Teslas on the Road Meant Hours-Long Supercharger Lines Over Thanksgiving - The Drive - December 7th, 2019
- Woman Arrested as Suspected Tesla Driver Who Killed Father of 4 in Pico-Union Hit-and-Run - KTLA Los Angeles - December 7th, 2019
- Here's The Main Problem With Tesla's Supercharger Network - Jalopnik - December 7th, 2019
- Tesla Model Prices, Photos, News, Reviews and Videos | Autoblog - November 25th, 2019
- Teslas Cybertruck Will Face These Five Electric Pickups in 2021 - Forbes - November 25th, 2019
- Elon Musk explains why Teslas Cybertruck windows smashed during presentation - The Verge - November 25th, 2019
- A Physics Analysis of Tesla's Shattered Cybertruck Windows - WIRED - November 25th, 2019
- Teslas strategy is incredibly risky but it still makes lots of sense - MarketWatch - November 25th, 2019
- Watch Tesla test Model 3 by making it drive into water - Electrek - November 25th, 2019
- The Brutalist Tesla Cybertruck is designed to instill fear and draw the battle lines on internal combustion - Electrek - November 25th, 2019
- As electric cars and Tesla make headlines, this CEO is betting on charging stations - Fox Business - November 25th, 2019
- Hill and Holmes' impeachment testimony, Netanyahu's indictment and Tesla's 'Cybertruck' reveal: The Morning Rundown - NBCNews.com - November 25th, 2019
- If Tesla and Ford Motor are about to wage war for the electric-car crown, you wouldnt know it from this exchange - MarketWatch - November 25th, 2019
- Tesla Is The Underdog In The Electric Car Revolution - Forbes - November 1st, 2019
- Tesla Model S Plaid Spied Testing Aggressive Body At The Nurburgring - Motor1.com - November 1st, 2019
- Tesla will roll out a software update that will make the Model S even faster - BGR - November 1st, 2019
- Tesla Demonstrates The Power Of The Internet Of Things - Forbes - November 1st, 2019
- What Drove Teslas Surprise Third Quarter Profit? - Forbes - November 1st, 2019
- Teslas Q3 profit is being scrutinized by analysts and some dont like what they see - MarketWatch - November 1st, 2019
- Did Tesla release an unfinished Smart Summon just to pull an accounting trick? - Digital Trends - November 1st, 2019
- Will FCA-PSA Buy Tesla Batteries And Drivetrain? - InsideEVs - November 1st, 2019
- What Does The Tesla Model 3 Have In Common With A Cheap Toyota Etios? - InsideEVs - November 1st, 2019
- Tesla Roadster Gets The A-Team Treatment In Retro Face Car Renders - InsideEVs - November 1st, 2019
- Tesla: Are the Bears Reaching to Make a Negative Case? - Market Realist - November 1st, 2019
- Elon Musk says monster Tesla seen on racetrack will go into production by summer 2020 - Mashable - October 16th, 2019
- Tesla owners in California receive warnings to recharge amid blackouts - CNN - October 16th, 2019
- Tesla navigating land mines that zapped rivals - Fox Business - October 16th, 2019
- Tesla: Why Demand Could Be a Concern - Market Realist - October 16th, 2019
- Why Tesla Stock Looks Better Than You Think - Barron's - October 16th, 2019
- Tesla Update May Have Lowered The Model 3's Range As Well - InsideEVs - October 16th, 2019
- Here's how Tesla's cars stack up against the best of the competition from the world's top automakers - Business Insider - October 16th, 2019
- California's Power Outage Demonstrates the Biggest Flaw With Tesla's Plan to Sell Everyone an Electric Car - Inc. - October 16th, 2019
- Tesla (TSLA) Expected to Beat Earnings Estimates: Can the Stock Move Higher? - Yahoo Finance - October 16th, 2019
- Is Tesla Still a Rule Breaker to Believe In? - The Motley Fool - October 16th, 2019
- Tesla offers peek inside the Crash Lab that helped it win a safety award - Digital Trends - October 16th, 2019
- What it's like to rent Tesla Model 3 on Turo car-sharing app - Business Insider - October 16th, 2019
- More On Tesla's Plan To Make Its Own Batteries - InsideEVs - October 16th, 2019
- Older Teslas are reportedly running into an issue where the screen stops working and the car wont charge - Business Insider - October 16th, 2019
- Green Cab Ditches Hybrids In Favor Of Teslas For Its Taxi Fleet - CleanTechnica - October 16th, 2019
- In 10 years, Tesla went from a one-car company to a Porsche rival - Business Insider - October 1st, 2019
- Tesla is working on its own more efficient seat with temperature-control system - Electrek - October 1st, 2019
- Tesla Smart Summon isn't for use in public places, America - CNET - October 1st, 2019
- People Are Trying to Get Themselves Run Over by Their Own Teslas - ScienceAlert - October 1st, 2019
- Tesla Built-In Camera Captures the Moment 'Very Angry' Woman Keys Car in School Parking Lot - Newsweek - October 1st, 2019
- People Are Posting Videos of Close Calls with Tesla's New Smart Summon Feature - Car and Driver - October 1st, 2019
- Tesla has reinvented the windshield wiper in new patent - Fox News - October 1st, 2019
- Teslas first big V3 Supercharger expansion is already happening in Canada - The Verge - October 1st, 2019
- U.S. Labor Judge Rules That Tesla Interfered With Union Organizing - Jalopnik - October 1st, 2019
- Tesla rolled out its Smart Summon feature, and it's not going well - Driving - October 1st, 2019
- Ride Along In The World's Quickest Tesla - InsideEVs - October 1st, 2019
- 3 Ways Tesla Is Transforming What It Means To Be A Car - CleanTechnica - September 19th, 2019
- How Musk is Trying to Address Tesla's Service Issues - Market Realist - September 19th, 2019
- Tesla vs. Porsche: Does The Model S Finally Have A Competitor In The Luxurious New Taycan? - Forbes - September 19th, 2019
- A Tesla-Swapped E30 BMW Means 'You'll Never Miss a Yellow Light Again.' - The Drive - September 19th, 2019
- Tesla Dealer Loophole Ideas - CleanTechnica - September 19th, 2019
- Tesla Alumni Launch Smart Electric Panel to Make It Easier to Go Solar - Tom's Guide - September 19th, 2019
- Why Tesla Seems to Be Struggling with Q3 Deliveries - Market Realist - September 19th, 2019
- Sleeping With Tesla Autopilot May Explain Some Of Tesla's Safety Numbers - Forbes - September 19th, 2019
- Tesla Autopilot V10 In-Depth Road Test With Useful Bookmarks - InsideEVs - September 19th, 2019
- Cuomo on whether Tesla will meet job targets: 'We will find out next year' - Buffalo News - September 19th, 2019
- What the GM Strike Means For the Fremont Tesla Factory - California Globe - September 19th, 2019
- Watch Tesla V10 with new Netflix, YouTube, Caraoke apps in action surprisingly refined - Electrek - September 19th, 2019
- Tesla's Million Mile Battery - Seeking Alpha - September 19th, 2019
- Podcast: Teslas upcoming new battery, Tesla Plaid Powertrain, EVs from Frankfurt, and more - Electrek - September 19th, 2019
- Tesla Sentry Mode catches couple mistaking Model 3 for their Hyundai Elantra - Driving - September 19th, 2019
- See This Tesla Model S Making Smoke? A Bug Is The Cause - InsideEVs - September 19th, 2019
- Tesla Model 3 dominates global EV sales, chases down fossil fuel competitors - The Driven - September 19th, 2019
- Driving A Tesla Model X Through Flood Waters May Look Cool But Isnt A Good Idea - Carscoops - September 19th, 2019