Tesla Motors TSLA has been on its hottest streak, rising 20% in the initial week of 2020 and surpassing the $500 per share level for the first time in its history. This has boosted the companys market cap to about $90 billion, which is nearly $5 billion more than that of General Motors GM and Ford F combined.
With the latest gain, Tesla has added about 103% in the past three months compared to 10.2% gain for the S&P 500. The rally began in October when the electric carmaker reported a surprise profit for the third quarter of 2019. Then, Teslas entrance into China and solid fourth-quarter delivery numbers published earlier this month led to bullishness on companys growth.
Tesla has started delivering Model 3 cars made at its Shanghai factory to Chinese consumers in its cooling electric vehicle (EV) market. Meanwhile, the company produced a record 105,000 (86,958 Model 3 and 17,933 Model S and X) vehicles and delivered a record 112,000 (92,550 Model 3 and 19,450 Model S and X) vehicles. The number is above analysts expectation of 106,000 polled by FactSet. This has pushed 2019 total deliveries to 367,500 vehicles, up 50% from 2018 and in line with its guidance range of 360,000-400,000 vehicles (read: Tesla Reports Record Q4 Deliveries: ETFs to Ride the Surge).
Further, analysts optimism has bolstered the momentum in the stock. Oppenheimer has raised the price target on Tesla by nearly 60% to $612, citing that the company has advantages over its competitors, including battery technology, powertrain design and customer enthusiasm. The move is the latest in the string of upward revisions in the stocks target price by analysts like Piper Sandler, Argus Research and Credit Suisse.
The growth levels for the electric carmaker are also impressive. The company is expected to see year-over-year growth of 79.7% for 2019 when it reports earnings later this month, and an enormous 2324% for 2020. Moreover, optimism over car demand will likely push the stock up to new heights this year (read: Electric Vehicles to Rev Up in 2020: Play These ETFs (Revised)).
Given the bullishness, it seems Tesla is a great candidate for a portfolio. The stock currently has a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy) and a Growth Score of A. It belongs to a top-ranked Zacks industry (in the top 44%). All these indicate continued solid trend in the near future.
ETFs to Watch
The huge surge in TSLA price has put the spotlight on ETFs having substantial allocation to this luxury carmaker. Investors should closely monitor the movement in these funds and grab any opportunity from a surge in the TSLA price.
ARK Autonomous Technology & Robotics ETF ARKQ
This is an actively managed ETF seeking long-term capital appreciation by investing in companies that benefit from the development of new products or services as well as technological improvement and advancements in scientific research related to energy, automation and manufacturing, materials and transportation. This approach results in a basket of 38 stocks with TSLA occupying the top spot with 12.5% share. The product has accumulated $181.7 million in its asset base and charges 75 bps in fees per year.
ARK Innovation ETF ARKK
This is an actively managed fund seeking long-term capital appreciation by investing in companies that benefit from the development of new products or services, technological improvements and advancements in scientific research relating to the areas of DNA technologies (Genomic Revolution), industrial innovation in energy, automation and manufacturing (Industrial Innovation), the increased use of shared technology, infrastructure and services (Next Generation Internet), and technologies that make financial services more efficient. In total, the fund holds 39 securities in its basket with Tesla occupying the top position, accounting for 10.3% share. The product has gathered $1.9 billion in its asset base.
ARK Next Generation Internet ETF ARKW
This is an actively managed fund focusing on companies that are expected to benefit from the shift in technology infrastructure to the cloud, enabling mobile, new and local services. The fund holds 43 stocks in its basket with Tesla occupying the top position at 9.3%. The ETF has amassed $442.6 million in its asset base and its expense ratio is 0.75% (read: S&P 500 Hits New Highs: ETFs Soaring to Start 2020).
VanEck Vectors Low Carbon Energy ETF SMOG
This ETF tracks the Ardour Global Index Extra Liquid, which focuses on the performance of low carbon energy companies primarily engaged in alternative energy. It holds about 30 stocks in its basket with AUM of $106.6 million while charging 63 bps in fees per year. Tesla occupies the top position in the basket with 9.5% allocation. In terms of country exposure, the fund is skewed toward the United States with 71% share while Denmark and China round off the next two spots.
MicroSectors FANG+ ETN FNGS
This ETN is linked to the performance of the NYSE FANG+ Index, which is an equal-dollar weighted index, designed to provide exposure to a group of highly-traded growth stocks of next-generation technology and tech-enabled companies. It holds 10 stocks in its basket with Tesla occupying the ninth position with 10% share. The product has accumulated $35 million in its asset base within two months of debut and charges 58 bps in annual fees (read: 9 Leveraged ETFs That More Than Doubled in 2019).
Want key ETF info delivered straight to your inbox?
Zacks free Fund Newsletter will brief you on top news and analysis, as well as top-performing ETFs, each week. Get it free >>
Originally posted here:
- Tesla Model Prices, Photos, News, Reviews and Videos | Autoblog - February 29th, 2020
- A look at all the different Tesla models, including its Cybertruck - Fox Business - February 29th, 2020
- Tesla (unit) - Wikipedia - February 29th, 2020
- Is The Model Y Truly The Best Tesla Yet? - InsideEVs - February 29th, 2020
- Power Line: Tesla's solar slide, and the top battery industries - Business Insider - Business Insider - February 29th, 2020
- Volvo Follows Tesla's Lead on EVs by Building Its Own Batteries - Car and Driver - February 29th, 2020
- Teslas Autopilot keeps causing its cars to crash - Vox.com - February 29th, 2020
- Kevin Rooke: The Genius of Tesla Superchargers - CleanTechnica - February 29th, 2020
- Tesla's Autopilot Fatality Demonstrates That the World Isn't Ready for Self-Driving Cars - Inc. - February 29th, 2020
- Gene Munster On Apple's Future, Tesla's Valuation And The 2020 Election - Benzinga - February 29th, 2020
- Tesla And PG&E To Build World's Largest Battery Farm - Yahoo Finance - February 29th, 2020
- Road-Raging Subaru Driver Attacks A Tesla With Mom And Kids Inside - InsideEVs - February 29th, 2020
- Tesla reports fully autonomous miles for first time in years, but its nothing to get excited about - Electrek - February 29th, 2020
- From Hummer to Tesla: Breaking down the electric truck battle - The Providence Journal - February 29th, 2020
- Tesla Reports Only 12.2 Miles of Autonomous Mode Testing in 2019 - Car and Driver - February 29th, 2020
- Tesla Stock Is Getting Hammered on Coronavirus Fears, but It Isnt Capitulation - Barron's - February 29th, 2020
- Tesla offers Model Y customers a cheat code to get delivery quicker - Fox Business - February 27th, 2020
- Teslas Followers Are Trying to Piggyback Off Elon Musks Sales Wins - Yahoo Finance - February 27th, 2020
- Turnpike Authority teams with Tesla to more than triple EV chargers - NJBIZ - February 27th, 2020
- Tesla's Biggest Advantage in the Auto Industry - Motley Fool - February 27th, 2020
- Virgin Galactic Stock Is Nothing Like Tesla Its Light-Years Worse - CCN.com - February 27th, 2020
- Bombs, bats, ants and now trees Teslas big green hurdle in Germany - MarketWatch - February 27th, 2020
- Tesla Voltage Reduced at Jefferies on Valuation Concern - TheStreet - February 27th, 2020
- Tesla Helps Solve Hit-And-Run Mystery In Olive Garden Parking Lot - CBS Denver - February 27th, 2020
- Teslas Secret Weapon In The EV Revolution - Yahoo Finance - February 27th, 2020
- A Tiny Piece of Tape Tricked Teslas Into Speeding Up 50 MPH - WIRED - February 27th, 2020
- Tesla's Failure To Reach $1000 Will Give Investors Bubble Vertigo - Time To Sell - Forbes - February 27th, 2020
- Tesla is 'bitcoin on wheels' - Fox Business - January 30th, 2020
- 2020 will be the most shocking year in Tesla's history but not for any of the usual reasons - Business Insider Nordic - January 30th, 2020
- Tesla Racks Up Another Record Year (and Another Loss) - Yahoo Finance - January 30th, 2020
- Cyberphone is an iPhone 11 Pro designed to look like Tesla Cybertruck - Business Insider - Business Insider - January 30th, 2020
- Tesla unveils new Model Y wheels: berturbine and Induction wheels - Electrek - January 30th, 2020
- Tesla is on a tear and is now the world's No. 2 automaker by market capitalization - Business Insider - Business Insider - January 30th, 2020
- Tesla Energy is back to growth, thanks to cheap solar subscriptions and Solarglass - Electrek - January 30th, 2020
- Here's what every major analyst had to say about Tesla's big earnings beat - CNBC - January 30th, 2020
- Tesla earnings win praise even from doubters: We fully admit things are better than we expected - MarketWatch - January 30th, 2020
- Jim Cramer on Tesla, Facebook, and Coca-Cola's Earnings - TheStreet - January 30th, 2020
- Tesla says you'll start seeing its futuristic Semi on the road this year - Business Insider - Business Insider - January 30th, 2020
- Stocks making the biggest moves after hours: Facebook, Microsoft, Tesla, PayPal and more - CNBC - January 30th, 2020
- Tesla Stock Is Rising Ahead of Earnings and Amid Coronavirus Concerns in China - Barron's - January 30th, 2020
- YouTuber's Tesla flies over Baxter and Alvarado to gasps and criticism - The Eastsider LA - January 30th, 2020
- Tesla is about to release Q4 earnings; heres what to expect - Electrek - January 30th, 2020
- The best bullish case ever made for Tesla, according to prominent Tesla bear - MarketWatch - January 30th, 2020
- Hacker finds Tesla's S and X getting new battery options, redesigned suspension - Autoblog - January 30th, 2020
- Sapiens (SPNS) and Tesla (TSLA) Are Aggressive Growth Stocks - Zacks.com - January 30th, 2020
- Tesla Reports Earnings Today. Heres What to Expect. - Barron's - January 30th, 2020
- Theres only one stock millennials prefer over Amazon and Tesla - MarketWatch - January 30th, 2020
- Musk Counters Critics Who Say Tesla Gigafactory In Berlin Will Hurt The Environment - Yahoo Finance - January 30th, 2020
- Heres How Teslas Stock Could Hit $0 - Forbes - January 30th, 2020
- How Tesla became the world's most overvalued car company - Wired.co.uk - January 30th, 2020
- Tesla is Now Worth More than Ford and GM Combined - Visual Capitalist - January 30th, 2020
- Join The Coolest Tesla Conference Call Livestream In The Universe! - CleanTechnica - January 30th, 2020
- Tesla Powerwall helps family save over $8,000 on their power bill - Electrek - January 30th, 2020
- Tesla earnings: Will results help keep the rally alive? - MarketWatch - January 30th, 2020
- Weekend reads: Are these red flags for Tesla, Apple and Netflix? - MarketWatch - January 30th, 2020
- Everything Jim Cramer said about the stock market on 'Mad Money,' including Apple's quarter, Tesla's high expectations, Masimo CEO - CNBC - January 30th, 2020
- Federal agency looking into Tesla driver complaints of sudden unintended acceleration - CNBC - January 19th, 2020
- Tesla is on a tear, with no end in sight. That means the naysayers' case is in ruins. - Business Insider - January 19th, 2020
- Tesla Driver Loses Control, Hits and Critically Injures Teen Girl in Long Beach - NBC Southern California - January 19th, 2020
- Tesla is now worth more than Ford and GMcombined - Ars Technica - January 19th, 2020
- Why Tesla [TSLA] Is On A Tear No Other Auto Company In The World Thats Growing That Quickly. - CleanTechnica - January 19th, 2020
- Tesla & EV Fans: The Perfect Reason You Should Be 'Going To Miami' - InsideEVs - January 19th, 2020
- Bulls And Bears Of The Week: IBM, Microsoft, Tesla And More - Yahoo Finance - January 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin fans just turned their Tesla car into a full node - The Next Web - January 19th, 2020
- Tesla stock could hit $6,000 per share in the next five years, analyst says - Yahoo Finance - January 19th, 2020
- Why BlackRock May Pump Teslas Stock to the Moon - CCN.com - January 19th, 2020
- Production Of Tesla Semi Set To Kick Off In Second Half Of 2020 - InsideEVs - January 19th, 2020
- Tesla - Paramus - 17 Photos & 17 Reviews - Car Dealers ... - January 14th, 2020
- Tesla's Elon Musk approaches $346M payout as market value soars - CNET - January 14th, 2020
- Tesla is now the most valuable US automaker ever - CNN - January 14th, 2020
- If the Telsa Rally Left You Behind, Heres What to Do - Barron's - January 14th, 2020
- How Big Is The Tesla Model Y? - InsideEVs - January 14th, 2020
- Man caught on camera using knife to vandalize Tesla in Conifer - FOX 31 Denver - January 14th, 2020
- How the man who challenged Tesla went bankrupt - Business Insider - January 14th, 2020
- This simulator company reverse-engineered the Tesla Nrburgring lap - Ars Technica - January 14th, 2020
- Tuesday's calls of the day: Apple, Tesla, Netflix, Five Below & more. - CNBC - January 14th, 2020
- Tesla faces protest at Gigafactory 4 site over cutting down the forest - Electrek - January 14th, 2020
- Tesla All-Weather Kit: The Correction Is Worse Than The Defect - InsideEVs - January 14th, 2020
- Monday's analyst calls of the day: Tesla, Nvidia, Microsoft & more. - CNBC - January 14th, 2020
- Jim Cramer breaks down the rallies behind Tesla, Beyond Meat and Lululemon - CNBC - January 14th, 2020