School administration in Middletown is dysfunctional
The Middletown Town Council and Administrator prepared, discussed, and approved a FY21 budget, mindful of local hardships caused by the pandemic.
Their goals were safety, affordability for Middletown residents, and education. Its commendable that they accomplished their goals with no tax increase for residents.
Diligent fiscal planning and analysis, thoughtful discussions, and adherence to high ethical standards are the reasons for their success.
Budget discussions between the Middletown Town Council and school administration presented a clear picture of the school administrations dysfunctional technology planning and operations, and financial reporting. The council asked thoughtful questions but the school administrations equivocating answers were wearing.
In the end, the council appropriated additional money for the school department; it was to help correct the school administrations failures, and also pay for teachers in FY21. The school administrations failures have been previously flagged by the council and teachers union.
In 2019, the council uncovered "hidden" bonuses to school administrators, and the teachers union proclaimed "no-confidence" in the superintendents leadership resulting in years of mistrust and strained relations.
The strengths of the council are their fairness, ethical behavior, and their control over appropriations to the Middletown school department the towns most expensive department. The town and school department will start to combine their finance, technology and maintenance functions in FY21.
The state labor relations board recently found that the Middletown school administration retaliated against its maintenance employees, for actions by the town council. For the sake of our students, school department employees, and tax-payers, the Middletown Town Council must continue its vigilant oversight of the school administrations management and operation of Middletowns public schools.
Paul Mankofsky, Middletown
Democrats infringed on Attorney General Barrs freedom of speech
On Tuesday, July 28, 2020, William Barr, Attorney General of the United States of America, was relentlessly questioned by Democrats on the House Judicial Committee for 5 hours.
Attorney General Barr, when trying to testify, was demeaned by his Democrat accusers in various ways, a constant interrupting, for the purpose of stopping his testimony. And, when he tried to reply, was stopped by their statement ... "I am reclaiming my time." This would then not allow him his time to testify and give evidence. This was a fiasco and terrible for a law-abiding citizen to observe in our country.
Over the years America has fought for freedom, liberty and the pursuit of justice. On July 28, 2020, the Democrats took away William Barr's freedom ... the freedom of speech.
What happened in these chambers was a disgrace. The rule of law was not upheld and the Honorable Attorney General Barr's freedom of speech was totally disregarded during this chaotic fiasco.
Those that vote Democrat are enablers to this disgusting behavior by their elected officials, and should be ashamed of themselves.
Terry Lorenz, Portsmouth
Continue reading here:
- Boebert incapable of being an independent voice negotiating on our behalf - The Grand Junction Daily Sentinel - October 8th, 2020
- How USAID Translates The Executive Order On Advancing International Religious Freedom Into Action - Forbes - October 8th, 2020
- The Case Against Trump: Donald Trump Is an Enemy of Freedom - Reason - October 8th, 2020
- D.R. Horton, Inc. to Release 2020 Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year-End Earnings on November 10, 2020 - Business Wire - October 8th, 2020
- Inslee, Culp meet in first and only governor's debate - Thehour.com - October 8th, 2020
- Everything We Just Learned About The Navy's Dubious Path To A 500 Ship Fleet - The Drive - October 8th, 2020
- Civil society raises alarm about IMF's continued backing of austerity amidst pandemic - Bretton Woods Observer - October 8th, 2020
- NCC to invite experts to CtiTV News hearing - - October 8th, 2020
- Candidates want to represent district in Statehouse - The Herald - October 8th, 2020
- The Toss-up: Virginia's 7th Congressional District race may be one of the nation's closest - Chesterfield Observer - October 8th, 2020
- Waukon City Council hears restaurant proposal for former JCPenney/Tierney's building, leaves trick-or-treat participation decision this year up to... - October 8th, 2020
- Abbotsford West candidates spar on Highway 1, light rail, housing and snap election - Abbotsford News - October 8th, 2020
- Noem urges legislators to carefully follow US Treasury guidelines while deciding how to spend a portion of the state's Coronavirus Relief Fund dollars... - October 8th, 2020
- The Social Cost Of COVID-19 - The ASEAN Post - September 8th, 2020
- Stalwarts who founded and built the UNP must be turning in their graves - NewsIn.Asia - September 8th, 2020
- 2020 could be the year of 'peak Democrat' in Colorado. This is why. - Colorado Springs Gazette - September 8th, 2020
- Trump and the RNC should remind Cuban voters of Fidel Castro, not their political home - NBC News - August 31st, 2020
- Analysis: Will Uzbekistan's Champion of Reform Stay the Course? - Voice of America - August 31st, 2020
- It's Never Been More Clear: Fare Hikes Won't Save the MBTA - Boston magazine - August 31st, 2020
- Libertarians Took Control of This Small Town. It Didn't End Well. - Washington Monthly - August 31st, 2020
- Point-Counterpoint: Benefits will outweigh the consequences for college football this fall - University of Pittsburgh The Pitt News - August 31st, 2020
- Fact-checking the first night of the 2020 Republican National Convention - Poynter - August 31st, 2020
- Moody's: Coronavirus is accelerating shift to online education - Education Dive - August 31st, 2020
- Corbella: Facts and fairness show public sector workers should have their pay cut - Calgary Herald - August 31st, 2020
- Fred Perpall, CEO of The Beck Group, says Blacks and whites need to be more inclusive - The Dallas Morning News - August 31st, 2020
- Could On-Campus Housing At Local Universities Lead To COVID-19 Outbreaks? - NBC San Diego - August 31st, 2020
- Explained: What to look for in GDP data today - The Indian Express - August 31st, 2020
- 35th District Race Brings Three Options to Clinton, Killingworth, and Westbrook - Zip06.com - August 31st, 2020
- Beware the Chinese Economy Recovery Trap - JAPAN Forward - August 31st, 2020
- At RNC, here's what Trump, Republicans have to say our country and economy if they want to win - Fox Business - August 31st, 2020
- When we went to remote learning I could feel every teacher's eyes on me - Sydney Morning Herald - August 31st, 2020
- Bad bank not only necessary but unavoidable in present situation: Subbarao - THE WEEK - August 31st, 2020
- MORSE denies allegations of INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR State REOPENING is on PAUSE Senate race gets NEGATIVE - Politico - August 10th, 2020
- Austerity: Another officer retires, rehired by Odisha government - The New Indian Express - August 10th, 2020
- Media Training Workshop on Using the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act for Investigative Reports on Campaign Fi - The Nigerian Voice - August 10th, 2020
- Detainees concerned for well-being as COVID-19 cases rise in crowded Hays County Jail - Community Impact Newspaper - August 10th, 2020
- The Endowment is Not the Issue - Harvard Political Review - August 10th, 2020
- DAILY VOICE: Four reasons why IT stocks are hitting 52-week highs - Moneycontrol.com - August 10th, 2020
- Kashmiris Lament the Loss of Their Youth - Foreign Policy - August 10th, 2020
- SLPP has creatively disrupted politics; now it has to do the same to the economy - ft.lk - August 10th, 2020
- More freedom to banks, further rate cut not ruled out: 10 key takeaways from policy meet - Economic Times - August 9th, 2020
- In HBO film, Ken Buck suggests he will leave Congress soon - The Denver Post - August 9th, 2020
- Biden's Climate Plan Would Put Us on the Road to Serfdom - The Heartland Institute - August 9th, 2020
- Krishi Kalyan & Cashew India App: Farmers Breathe Sigh of Relief As Government Aims To Revive Indian Agro Industry - The Indian Wire - August 9th, 2020
- How Attacks on Faith, Family, and Conscience Threaten All Our Freedoms - Daily Signal - August 8th, 2020
- Military Alliances, Partnerships Strengthened Through Defense Strategy Execution - Department of Defense - August 8th, 2020
- @theMarket: The Economy Versus the Stock Market - iBerkshires.com - August 8th, 2020
- UK housing is on the agenda. How do we really build back better? - Big Issue - August 8th, 2020
- Letter: You'd think police would have better things to do than silence street musicians - Seacoastonline.com - August 5th, 2020
- Secretary Michael R. Pompeo Before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on the Fiscal Year 2021 State Department Budget Request - US Embassy in... - August 5th, 2020
- Brcko District to improve the Fiscal Discipline and Transparency of Expenditure of Public Funds - Sarajevo Times - August 5th, 2020
- How to find a pubmedia job in a pandemic - Current - August 5th, 2020
- Don't tell the separatists but Alberta is lapping up federal aid in record amounts - iPolitics.ca - August 5th, 2020
- Guest opinion: Address to C-SD Class of 2020 - Dorchester Banner - Dorchester Banner - August 5th, 2020
- Making sure the U.S. military remains the best in the world - Brookings Register - August 5th, 2020
- Mailbag: 'Choose life and success' over COVID-19 - Los Angeles Times - August 5th, 2020
- With Trump reelection uncertain, GOP battles over its future - Los Angeles Times - August 4th, 2020
- Leading the Way on Higher Education Reform through Smart Giving - Philanthropy Magazine - August 4th, 2020
- Let's be blunt about it: Russ Diamond is a jerk - The Times of Chester County - August 4th, 2020
- College Football Needs to Change. The Pac-12s Players Are Making That Happen. - The Ringer - August 4th, 2020
- Fiscal Freedom - The Heritage Foundation - August 2nd, 2020
- Gen Z GOP wants to build the Republican Party of the future - Boston Herald - August 2nd, 2020
- Rallying cry: 'There is no reason this statue needs to be moved' - messenger-inquirer - August 2nd, 2020
- No Europe Without the Rule of Law by Harold James - Project Syndicate - August 2nd, 2020
- Today's Headlines and Commentary - Lawfare - August 2nd, 2020
- Faculty push back on how colleges are planning for the fall - Education Dive - August 2nd, 2020
- Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles Converters Market 2020 Analysis by Geographical Regions, Type and Application Till 2026 with Top Key Players - Owned - August 2nd, 2020
- New release shows the value of the Union to the nations of the UK - GOV.UK - August 2nd, 2020
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: School administration in Middletown is dysfunctional - The Providence Journal - August 1st, 2020
- Making sure US military remains the best - The Highland County Press - August 1st, 2020
- LETTER: Eckert 'attempted to deceive voters' - The Daily News of Newburyport - July 31st, 2020
- Iowa regents OK cuts to university budgets, presidential compensation - The Gazette - July 31st, 2020
- Mooney is a freedom fighter | Journal-news | journal-news.net - Martinsburg Journal - July 31st, 2020
- Canadians' right to information should not be compromised: commissioner - Powell River Peak - July 31st, 2020
- Visit Sun Valley: Winter a time to get back to basics - Idaho Mountain Express and Guide - July 31st, 2020
- Editorials from around the US July 25-29 | Promotions | dailytimes.com - dailytimes.com - July 31st, 2020
- Two years after Janus, more workers are exercising their freedom of association - Long Beach Press Telegram - July 31st, 2020
- Two years after Janus, more workers are exercising their freedom of association - LA Daily News - July 30th, 2020
- Froedtert and the Medical College of Wisconsin Health Network and Network Health Help Patients Manage Diabetes Using Glooko and Xealth - Business Wire - July 30th, 2020
- The times demand leadership: A message on the Conservative Party's leadership race - The Suburban Newspaper - July 29th, 2020