The legacy characters will always be a hugely important part of the Star Wars mythology, but in the recent movies it felt like Disney and Lucasfilm would much rather return to the well over and over again instead of mining the untapped potential of new faces, planets and galaxies that have never been seen in live-action before.
A lot of fans rolled their eyes when it was revealed that Palpatine was coming back to establish himself as the main villain for the third trilogy in a row, and as great as it was to see Billy Dee Williams return as Lando Calrissian, he didnt exactly contribute much to The Rise of Skywalkers plot.
Meanwhile, Han Solo might be one of the most iconic figures in popular culture, but that didnt stop his origin story from bombing at the box office, and theres even been reports that the studio want to bring Luke Skywalker back in a future project despite Mark Hamill making it clear that his time in the role is done. The general consensus is that the Disney era of Star Wars has been sorely lacking in originality and creativity, and if what were hearing now ends up panning out, then things show no signs of changing anytime soon.
According to our intel which comes from the same sources that told us Ahsoka Tano would be appearing in the second season ofThe Mandalorian, and that [SPOILERS] would be revealed as a traitor in The Rise of Skywalker in a future Star Wars movie an as-yet-unnamed villain will attempt and ultimately succeed in cloning Yoda in an effort to turn the benevolent Jedi Master into a puppet they can use for their own nefarious means.
While it cant be confirmed exactly which movie this is said to be happening in, weve heard that it would most likely be the proposed solo outing for Daisy Ridleys Rey rather than the three recently-delayed films that were pushed back to 2023, 2025 and 2027. And the idea of another perennial favorite returning to Star Wars yet again certainly fits in with Lucasfilms approach to the franchise.
That being said, even though Baby Yoda is clearly where the money is, and Mandos companion has also been rumored for a big screen appearance of his own, itd be hard to see longtime fans getting on board with the idea of an evil Yoda. But alas, this is what the studio currently has in mind and itll be interesting to see if they actually go through with it.
Read the original:
- Sandra Cisneros Loves to Read About Women Waging Battle - The New York Times - September 5th, 2021
- New watchdog to crack down on modern slavery and low pay - Construction News - June 10th, 2021
- Every New Financial Bubble Is a Cry of Desperation - In These Times - June 10th, 2021
- Racial wealth gap may be a key to other inequities - Harvard Gazette - June 10th, 2021
- Factories that abuse and underpay staff could be banned from sales under new watchdog - The Mirror - June 10th, 2021
- Dr. Heavenly's Job Advice Has Fans In A Fury. Here's Why. - Nicki Swift - June 10th, 2021
- Germany, France and the UK apologize for the colonial past - Mediarun Search - June 10th, 2021
- Hunter Biden uses n-word multiple times in casual conversations and text messages show - Texasnewstoday.com - June 10th, 2021
- Clack: Remember these other massacres of Blacks, too - San Antonio Express-News - June 10th, 2021
- Economic Sanctions of Pericles 2,500 Years Ago Backfired, Prolonging War - Greek Reporter - June 10th, 2021
- Ouachita announces students named to Fall 2020 Dean's List - Ouachita Baptist University News - February 1st, 2021
- For the Record | Real estate | Business World | wenatcheeworld.com - wenatcheeworld.com - August 6th, 2020
- Congress grills Facebook over its acquisitions and feature cloning - Yahoo Tech - July 30th, 2020
- The cheapest Cam Link clone you can buy actually works pretty well - The Verge - July 30th, 2020
- Former 'Thone Clone' Elroy Hefner remembered as caring, conservative legislator - Omaha World-Herald - July 30th, 2020
- How Star Wars Bounty Hunter Influenced The Clone Wars Canon - Screen Rant - July 30th, 2020
- Clone troopers feeling remorse amid execution of Jedi - Dork Side of the Force - July 30th, 2020
- Thousands of these self-cloning ticks now in Kentucky - Frederick News Post - July 30th, 2020
- TV and Film Review: The Clone Wars Season 1: The Gungan General - Fantha Tracks - July 30th, 2020
- Tick that can clone itself is found on cattle in Southern Ky. and wildlife in Eastern Ky.; it's also a threat to pets, and hard to identify - The... - July 30th, 2020
- THE BAD BATCH TV Show On Disney+ Could Include THE CLONE WARS And REBELS Hero Captain Rex - CBM (Comic Book Movie) - July 30th, 2020
- Breath of the Wild "clone" Genshin Impact gets release date - KitGuru - July 30th, 2020
- Pet Clones Market Review with 2025 Forecast Global Analysis by Types, Applications, Regions, Size & Trends, Top Players - Market Research Posts - July 30th, 2020
- 10 Video Game Clones That Kicked Your (Own) Ass - WhatCulture - July 30th, 2020
- 2020 Comic-Con at Home: How to watch panels and events, what to expect - Tom's Guide - July 26th, 2020
- How to Watch Comic-Con@Home on IGN Live and the Full Panel Schedule - IGN Southeast Asia - July 20th, 2020