In a Nutshell: The idea of cryptocurrency is more widespread among the general public than it was just a couple of years ago. But many people are still unaware of the technical aspects of how it works, much less how to use it. The Divi Project is working to reduce those barriers by creating a user-friendly experience that allows nearly anyone to set up a master node and begin earning with the click of a button. And its forthcoming smart wallet will remove the pain points of the crypto transaction process so users can focus on their end goals and not the technical details that get them there. The company is working hard to promote the widespread adoption of cryptocurrency in the coming years, through both its innovative technology and its strong community of supporters.
Cryptocurrency is in a strange place.
On one hand, digital currencies seem ubiquitous in the news as price fluctuations are met with a deluge of articles featuring experts speculating on the staying power of crypto.
On the other hand, any action beyond purchasing and holding crypto is a mystery to many consumers.
Thats why the Divi Project is working to make the benefits of cryptocurrency accessible to anybody. In fact, the companys motto is Cryptocurrency made easy.
Think of it this way: cryptos currently are like MS-DOS in the early 1980s. The Divi Project is bringing the user experience of Apple with the social genius of Facebook in its blockchain/smart-wallet system, according to the company white paper.
We recently spoke with Divi Co-Founder and CIO Nick Saponaro about the companys background, the innovative technology its introducing to the blockchain ecosystem, and the future of Divi.
We started out in 2017 with one goal in mind, which was to make digital finance more accessible to everyone specifically cryptocurrency, of course, which is still, to a pretty major extent, inaccessible to non-technical users, Saponaro said.
With more traditional companies such as PayPal providing a pristine user experience, companies like Divi must strive to make something as good or better, he said.
One of the Divi Projects most innovative contributions to the crypto space is its creation of master nodes that anyone can use. Saponaro said this is an important component because it gets to the heart of what many crypto users are interested in earning.
Weve developed the first one-click master node deployment, Saponaro said. The concept of master nodes is very similar to mining. Youre basically running a computer program that pays you back in cryptocurrency in this case DIVI (the companys crypto token) for supporting the network and helping verify and secure transactions on the blockchain.
Saponaro said the Divi Projects master node implementation makes the whole process much simpler.
We created a mechanism that allows you to not have to learn any of that, he said. You just click a button, pay a monthly fee, and youre off to the races earning crypto in about 12 minutes.
The companys master nodes system features five levels of increasing awards as well as lottery blocks once a week a block is mined that awards a jackpot to several Divi stakers.
Divis solution has held its ground in the crypto market as the best approach for deploying a master node, Saponaro said.
Our 100% PoS master node technology is leagues ahead of anyone else. For the first time, anyone without technical skills can set up a master node at home or in the cloud with a click, according to the white paper. Its like Uber for your computer and anyone can earn an income by joining and supporting the Divi network. Using this technology, we build a strong network to process DIVI transactions.
Saponaro said the company will be implementing an updated version of the master node technology that will make it even faster and simpler in the near future.
The Divi Projects next contribution to simplifying crypto will be its user-friendly smart wallet. The company is planning to launch the wallet in early 2020 but is not announcing an official date at this time, Saponaro said.
Our new blockchain allows us to socialize and humanize financial experiences by hiding the crypto underneath a sweet user interface, according to the company white paper This Smart Wallet is being designed to remove all the pain points that currently prevent ordinary people from getting excited about cryptocurrencies.
The wallet will not only be easy to use but according to Divi, will include more powerful features than a bank.
Divi is a true crypto wallet, not just an account service, according to the company website. Take advantage of powerful features such as the option to secure your personal funds with multiple signatures.
The wallet will also feature multi-language support. Divi knows crypto is a global monetary revolution. Thats why we approach the building of and support for our app from a global perspective, according to the company.
Users will also be able to switch views to see the value of their holdings in 150 different currencies.
Divi has also planned for an easy payment flow.
Cryptocurrencies are the future of money, according to the website. Thats why we designed our smart wallet with features essential to the high-paced world of e-commerce like recurring payouts, and automatic division of payments.
The wallet includes a piggy bank feature, security vaulting, subscription payments, auto-splitting of payments between partners, and a method to collect and pay taxes. Users can send transactions to an email address and encrypt it themselves with a PIN.
Youll never need or want a brick-and-mortar bank again, according to the white paper.
We believe that cryptocurrencies are an unstoppable wave that will replace current monetary systems, according to the white paper. Although this process will take several years, the benefits to users make this inevitable.
The companys technical road map and marketing plan are designed to keep Divi on the cutting edge, according to the company, while the crypto ecosystem helps to create tens of trillions of dollars in new wealth.
The Divi community will play an important role in leading to the mass adoption of cryptocurrency as well.
Community is absolutely paramount to success, Saponaro said. Weve worked really, really hard to cultivate a really strong community that has a culture of integrity and respect. When new people enter, everyone is very welcoming and informative.
He said there are around 7,000 people in Divis Telegram feed and about 10,000 people in the companys Twitter community.
The community has been an incredible resource, Saponaro said. Most of Divis QA beta testers have been community members rather than employees. The company has been able to receive fast and impactful feedback from the community on new features and updates, he said.
I think a lot of companies in the traditional tech world dont have that sort of direct line of communication with their users, Saponaro said. Its been incredible especially as a very small startup in the beginning. We really needed that help.
In the end, promoting the mass adoption of cryptocurrency is Divis biggest focus.
There has never been a bigger financial opportunity in history, and the Divi Project will be first to market with a truly viable solution, according to the white paper.
Saponaro said Divi is already making waves in certain parts of the world.
Were already seeing a fair amount of adoption in Africa, he said. We have pretty large communities in Nigeria and South Africa. In Venezuela as well were seeing some merchants even accepting DIVI as opposed to the Bolvar, which is pretty much worthless at this point.
He said because the Divi Project is lowering barriers to entry into the crypto space, it is actually helping new economies to begin to form in certain areas.
The rest is here:
- How I got sucked into cryptocurrency and made $13 million - The Hustle - November 13th, 2019
- Creativity and Value Will Win the Cryptocurrency Exchange Wars - newsBTC - November 13th, 2019
- Switzerland gets another Bitcoin bank that holds cryptocurrency for customers - The Next Web - November 13th, 2019
- Big Canadian bank rumored to offer cryptocurrency accounts, Bitcoin trading - The Next Web - November 13th, 2019
- The cryptocurrency market update: Bitcoin and major altcoins are vulnerable to further losses - FXStreet - November 13th, 2019
- U.S. cant let criminals get the upper hand by using Chinas coming cryptocurrency - MarketWatch - November 13th, 2019
- Ontology (ONT) 10% jump shines above the cryptocurrency landscape - FXStreet - November 13th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency tracking improves -- but how? - FCW.com - November 13th, 2019
- Beware of cryptocurrency gurus like Dr Ruja and her OneCoin cult - Jim Duffy - The Scotsman - November 13th, 2019
- Evercoin Launches Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Hardware Wallet - Bitcoin News - November 13th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Tips on Telegram Reach 500,000 Milestone in Just a Year - BeInCrypto - November 13th, 2019
- Chainalysis Launches Kryptos to Help Financial Institutions Uncover Cryptocurrency Opportunities and Risks - PRNewswire - November 13th, 2019
- Halting illegal cryptocurrency use the focus of major crime conference - The Age - November 13th, 2019
- Indeed: Share of cryptocurrency jobs grew 1,457% in 4 years - VentureBeat - November 13th, 2019
- Senator Romney Considers Action As A Nation On Cryptocurrency Threat To Homeland Security - Forbes - November 6th, 2019
- Bitcoin passes $1 billion milestone on cryptocurrency anniversary - The Independent - November 6th, 2019
- Stellar's Foundation Just Destroyed Half the Supply of Its Lumens Cryptocurrency - Coindesk - November 6th, 2019
- CRYPTOCURRENCY: China calls on Huawei to help with crypto ambitions - Express - November 6th, 2019
- Governments race to beat Facebook's cryptocurrency, libra, at its own game: Don Pittis - CBC.ca - November 6th, 2019
- Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency mining industry still has a future in China - FXStreet - November 6th, 2019
- Ron Paul: No, cryptocurrency is not something the Fed should be getting its 'hands around' - Fox Business - November 6th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency market update: Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple get ready the weekend action - FXStreet - November 6th, 2019
- The Bitcoin time-traveler Reddit post has been edited, but nobody knows who did it - The Next Web - November 6th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency saves a 110-year old power plant from demolition - The Next Web - November 6th, 2019
- US fines founders of worthless cryptocurrency over $4.25M binary options scam - The Next Web - November 6th, 2019
- Inside the Icelandic Facility Where Bitcoin Is Mined - WIRED - November 6th, 2019
- Fiat Currency 2.0: Counter argument to the Cryptocurrency narrative - Finextra - November 6th, 2019
- The never-ending Mt. Gox saga: Cryptocurrency recovery deadline pushed back (again!) - The Next Web - November 6th, 2019
- Startup Targets Cryptocurrency Crime - But Will The Big Banks Come On Board? - Forbes - October 24th, 2019
- Major Bitcoin Miner Warns The Cryptocurrency Needs Better Privacy - Forbes - October 24th, 2019
- Why Cryptocurrency is in The Spotlight For More Central Banks - newsBTC - October 24th, 2019
- Bank of Canada Warms To National Cryptocurrency, Will it Compete Against Bitcoin? - newsBTC - October 24th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Mining Hardware Market 2019-2023 | Evolving Opportunities with Advanced Micro Devices, Inc and Baikal Miner | Technavio - Business Wire - October 24th, 2019
- Sitharaman Says Other Nations Agree With Indias Stance On Cryptocurrency - Inc42 Media - October 24th, 2019
- Mark Zuckerberg to testify on cryptocurrency, election security, and antitrust - KCRW - October 24th, 2019
- Facebook's Owner Hints It May Be Willing To Pull Out Of Cryptocurrency. - Kfm Radio - October 24th, 2019
- Are Smart Cities The Pathway To Blockchain And Cryptocurrency Adoption? - Forbes - October 24th, 2019
- This New Bitcoin And Cryptocurrency Exchange Cant Be Hacked - Forbes - October 16th, 2019
- As Facebook's libra faces headwinds, China is racing to launch its own global cryptocurrency - CNBC - October 16th, 2019
- Telegram might be forced to put its global cryptocurrency plans on ice - MIT Technology Review - October 16th, 2019
- Mastering Emotions and Managing Risk in Cryptocurrency Trading - Coindesk - October 16th, 2019
- Europol: Bitcoin is the still the dark webs favorite cryptocurrency - The Next Web - October 16th, 2019
- Theres A New Question On Your 1040 As IRS Gets Serious About Cryptocurrency - Forbes - October 16th, 2019
- Mapped: Cryptocurrency Regulations Around the World - Visual Capitalist - October 16th, 2019
- North Korean Hackers Tried to Infect macOS Systems with Fake Cryptocurrency App - Security Boulevard - October 16th, 2019
- Bitcoin Will Break Out Again in November, Suggests Cryptocurrency Trader - BeInCrypto - October 16th, 2019
- Another partner abandons Facebooks cryptocurrency - Marketplace.org - October 16th, 2019
- SEC puts a stop to Telegram's cryptocurrency plans in the US - Engadget - October 16th, 2019
- Alert: IRS Releases Long-Awaited Guidance on Taxation of Cryptocurrency Transactions - JD Supra - October 16th, 2019
- The New Guidance on Cryptocurrency - Accountingweb.com - October 16th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency 101: What is Bitcoin, where did it come from, and where does is it lead? - WGN Radio - Chicago - October 16th, 2019
- The issuer of a star cryptocurrency is being sued for $1.4trn - The Economist - October 16th, 2019
- Bitcoins Competitors Are Missing The Point Of Cryptocurrency And Blockchain Technology - Forbes - September 29th, 2019
- North Korea's cryptocurrency shows the limits of Trump's 'maximum pressure' - Business Insider - September 29th, 2019
- Congress Questions The SEC On Libra, Cryptocurrency And The Whole Blockchain Phenomenon - Forbes - September 29th, 2019
- The cryptocurrency market update: Bitcoin consolidates losses, altcoins explore the red territory - FXStreet - September 29th, 2019
- Dollar-pegged stablecoin Tether is now the worlds 4th biggest cryptocurrency - The Next Web - September 29th, 2019
- Post-Crash Bitcoin Warning As Wallets Targeted In Active And Ongoing Hack Attack - Forbes - September 29th, 2019
- Venezuela may have Bitcoin and Ethereum, but its unsure how it can use them - The Next Web - September 29th, 2019
- Facebook reveals which currencies will back Libra cryptocurrency - The Independent - September 29th, 2019
- Are Cryptocurrency Transactions about to Hit the Mainstream? - BOSS Magazine - September 29th, 2019
- Best ROI in Home Cryptocurrency Mining with BitHarp - AiThority - September 29th, 2019
- Justin Sun seeks Andrew Yangs attention with another cryptocurrency UBI pitch - The Next Web - September 29th, 2019
- Algorand cryptocurrency lost 94% of its value in its first three months - Decrypt - September 29th, 2019
- The sad and peculiar case of Satowallets alleged $1M cryptocurrency exit scam - The Next Web - September 29th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency This Week: Bitcoin Plunges $2K, SC Rejects Amit Bhardwajs Latest Plea And More - Inc42 Media - September 29th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Club created to educate students on new form of commerce - Daily Nebraskan - September 29th, 2019
- Fast ROI in Home Cryptocurrency Mining With BitHarp - Business Wire - September 29th, 2019
- Ethereum leads cryptocurrency market over past week - Decrypt - September 19th, 2019
- Bitcoin Ban Means Massive Brain Drain for India, Crypto Industry Warns - Cointelegraph - September 19th, 2019
- The cryptocurrency market update: Bitcoim settles at new lows, altcoins deep in red - FXStreet - September 19th, 2019
- Stanford grads develop cryptocurrency for smartphone users to increase its accessibility - The Stanford Daily - September 19th, 2019
- FINMA Application From Facebooks Cryptocurrency Libra Might Not Be Good Enough To Satisfy Regulators - Forbes - September 19th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency market update: Ripple, NEO and Monero dump as altcoins' short-lived boom takes a breather - FXStreet - September 19th, 2019
- Bitcoin Price Dips to $9.6K as Bear Cross Looms - CoinDesk - September 19th, 2019
- IRS small business unit pivots to cryptocurrency enforcement - Accounting Today - September 19th, 2019
- SEC sues cryptocurrency startup ICOBox for selling $14.6M worth of unregistered tokens - The Next Web - September 19th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency in Focus: EOS Has Deep Pockets, but Faces Challenges Ahead - TheStreet.com - September 19th, 2019
- Report: Philippine Police Raid Alleged Cryptocurrency Scam, Arrest 277 - Cointelegraph - September 19th, 2019
- France, Germany blast Facebook's Libra, back public cryptocurrency - Reuters - September 19th, 2019