In a Nutshell: The idea of cryptocurrency is more widespread among the general public than it was just a couple of years ago. But many people are still unaware of the technical aspects of how it works, much less how to use it. The Divi Project is working to reduce those barriers by creating a user-friendly experience that allows nearly anyone to set up a master node and begin earning with the click of a button. And its forthcoming smart wallet will remove the pain points of the crypto transaction process so users can focus on their end goals and not the technical details that get them there. The company is working hard to promote the widespread adoption of cryptocurrency in the coming years, through both its innovative technology and its strong community of supporters.
Cryptocurrency is in a strange place.
On one hand, digital currencies seem ubiquitous in the news as price fluctuations are met with a deluge of articles featuring experts speculating on the staying power of crypto.
On the other hand, any action beyond purchasing and holding crypto is a mystery to many consumers.
Thats why the Divi Project is working to make the benefits of cryptocurrency accessible to anybody. In fact, the companys motto is Cryptocurrency made easy.
Think of it this way: cryptos currently are like MS-DOS in the early 1980s. The Divi Project is bringing the user experience of Apple with the social genius of Facebook in its blockchain/smart-wallet system, according to the company white paper.
We recently spoke with Divi Co-Founder and CIO Nick Saponaro about the companys background, the innovative technology its introducing to the blockchain ecosystem, and the future of Divi.
We started out in 2017 with one goal in mind, which was to make digital finance more accessible to everyone specifically cryptocurrency, of course, which is still, to a pretty major extent, inaccessible to non-technical users, Saponaro said.
With more traditional companies such as PayPal providing a pristine user experience, companies like Divi must strive to make something as good or better, he said.
One of the Divi Projects most innovative contributions to the crypto space is its creation of master nodes that anyone can use. Saponaro said this is an important component because it gets to the heart of what many crypto users are interested in earning.
Weve developed the first one-click master node deployment, Saponaro said. The concept of master nodes is very similar to mining. Youre basically running a computer program that pays you back in cryptocurrency in this case DIVI (the companys crypto token) for supporting the network and helping verify and secure transactions on the blockchain.
Saponaro said the Divi Projects master node implementation makes the whole process much simpler.
We created a mechanism that allows you to not have to learn any of that, he said. You just click a button, pay a monthly fee, and youre off to the races earning crypto in about 12 minutes.
The companys master nodes system features five levels of increasing awards as well as lottery blocks once a week a block is mined that awards a jackpot to several Divi stakers.
Divis solution has held its ground in the crypto market as the best approach for deploying a master node, Saponaro said.
Our 100% PoS master node technology is leagues ahead of anyone else. For the first time, anyone without technical skills can set up a master node at home or in the cloud with a click, according to the white paper. Its like Uber for your computer and anyone can earn an income by joining and supporting the Divi network. Using this technology, we build a strong network to process DIVI transactions.
Saponaro said the company will be implementing an updated version of the master node technology that will make it even faster and simpler in the near future.
The Divi Projects next contribution to simplifying crypto will be its user-friendly smart wallet. The company is planning to launch the wallet in early 2020 but is not announcing an official date at this time, Saponaro said.
Our new blockchain allows us to socialize and humanize financial experiences by hiding the crypto underneath a sweet user interface, according to the company white paper This Smart Wallet is being designed to remove all the pain points that currently prevent ordinary people from getting excited about cryptocurrencies.
The wallet will not only be easy to use but according to Divi, will include more powerful features than a bank.
Divi is a true crypto wallet, not just an account service, according to the company website. Take advantage of powerful features such as the option to secure your personal funds with multiple signatures.
The wallet will also feature multi-language support. Divi knows crypto is a global monetary revolution. Thats why we approach the building of and support for our app from a global perspective, according to the company.
Users will also be able to switch views to see the value of their holdings in 150 different currencies.
Divi has also planned for an easy payment flow.
Cryptocurrencies are the future of money, according to the website. Thats why we designed our smart wallet with features essential to the high-paced world of e-commerce like recurring payouts, and automatic division of payments.
The wallet includes a piggy bank feature, security vaulting, subscription payments, auto-splitting of payments between partners, and a method to collect and pay taxes. Users can send transactions to an email address and encrypt it themselves with a PIN.
Youll never need or want a brick-and-mortar bank again, according to the white paper.
We believe that cryptocurrencies are an unstoppable wave that will replace current monetary systems, according to the white paper. Although this process will take several years, the benefits to users make this inevitable.
The companys technical road map and marketing plan are designed to keep Divi on the cutting edge, according to the company, while the crypto ecosystem helps to create tens of trillions of dollars in new wealth.
The Divi community will play an important role in leading to the mass adoption of cryptocurrency as well.
Community is absolutely paramount to success, Saponaro said. Weve worked really, really hard to cultivate a really strong community that has a culture of integrity and respect. When new people enter, everyone is very welcoming and informative.
He said there are around 7,000 people in Divis Telegram feed and about 10,000 people in the companys Twitter community.
The community has been an incredible resource, Saponaro said. Most of Divis QA beta testers have been community members rather than employees. The company has been able to receive fast and impactful feedback from the community on new features and updates, he said.
I think a lot of companies in the traditional tech world dont have that sort of direct line of communication with their users, Saponaro said. Its been incredible especially as a very small startup in the beginning. We really needed that help.
In the end, promoting the mass adoption of cryptocurrency is Divis biggest focus.
There has never been a bigger financial opportunity in history, and the Divi Project will be first to market with a truly viable solution, according to the white paper.
Saponaro said Divi is already making waves in certain parts of the world.
Were already seeing a fair amount of adoption in Africa, he said. We have pretty large communities in Nigeria and South Africa. In Venezuela as well were seeing some merchants even accepting DIVI as opposed to the Bolvar, which is pretty much worthless at this point.
He said because the Divi Project is lowering barriers to entry into the crypto space, it is actually helping new economies to begin to form in certain areas.
The rest is here:
- As Bitcoin Struggles, This Minor Cryptocurrency Has Soared 1,000% In Just Over 12 Months - Forbes - July 14th, 2020
- Chainlink (LINK) Becomes the Tesla of Cryptocurrency Whats Next? - Cointelegraph - July 14th, 2020
- Crypto Winter Could Really Be Over as New Bitcoin Starts to Bloom - Cointelegraph - July 14th, 2020
- Ethereum Is Beating Bitcoin In More Ways Than One - Forbes - July 14th, 2020
- Bitcoin Exchanges And The Cryptocurrency World Was Just Rocked - JD Supra - July 14th, 2020
- Akon sets out vision for his cryptocurrency and Akon City - Decrypt - July 14th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency as an alternative during times of inflation - ITProPortal - July 14th, 2020
- Is the Future of Currency Digital? The Ongoing Trends in Cryptocurrency - CIO Applications - July 14th, 2020
- Huobi Global Provides Insight on What Is Driving the Institutional Interest - AiThority - July 14th, 2020
- Latest News On The Cryptocurrency Market | Intel, CoinBase, BitGo, and Binance - Jewish Life News - July 14th, 2020
- Bank of England eyes groundbreaking new currency as key part of Britains future - Express - July 14th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency regulation in India and its effect on the economy - Siliconindia.com - July 14th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Size, Share, Industry Analysis ZEB IT Service, Coinsecure, Coinbase, Bitstamp, Litecoin, Poloniex, BitFury Group | Emerging... - July 14th, 2020
- Video | Cryptocurrency trading in the days ahead - The Hindu BusinessLine - July 14th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Mining Market Recent Changes and Developments in the Market, Risk Analysis and Growth Drivers to 2027 | AntPool, Ebot, BTC Top, Genesis... - July 14th, 2020
- Is DeFi the next bubble to strike cryptocurrency? - Yahoo Finance - July 12th, 2020
- Explainer: What is 'LBCOIN,' the new Lithuanian state-backed cryptocurrency? - Euronews - July 12th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency-Focused Docuseries Airs to Millions of Viewers via the Discovery Science Channel - Bitcoin News - July 12th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency as an alternative during times of inflation - ITProPortal - July 12th, 2020
- Latest News On The Cryptocurrency Market | Intel, CoinBase, BitGo, and Binance - Market Research Publicist - July 12th, 2020
- Trumps Former Sanctions Chief Joins Bitcoin Investigation Firm Advisory Board As Part Of Expanded $49 Million Investment - Forbes - July 12th, 2020
- Fast Pace of Cryptocurrency Adoption in Latin America May be due to Dramatic Rise in Smartphone Users, Bitso Executive Reveals - Crowdfund Insider - July 12th, 2020
- Exclusive: Who Will Win the Central Bank Cryptocurrency... - Coinspeaker - July 12th, 2020
- NetCents teams up with crypto fintech company to utilize US$1.4 billion credit facility - Proactive Investors USA & Canada - July 12th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency and Traditional Financial System: Things you should know - NameCoinNews - July 12th, 2020
- NYE Coin Is Helping Investors To Tap Into The Potential Of Stocks & Commodities Market Through The Power of Blockchain. - GlobeNewswire - July 12th, 2020
- Study: Almost 90% Of Cryptocurrency Investors Worry About Their Funds If They Die - CryptoPotato - July 12th, 2020
- The Profitability of Cryptocurrency Bitcoin Now and in the Future - Chiang Rai Times - July 12th, 2020
- New York Court Approves Investigation Into $10 Billion Cryptocurrency Created By A Presidential Candidate - Forbes - July 11th, 2020
- Bitcoin Adoption: $1 Million or More in BTC now Held by Over 13,000 Cryptocurrency Addresses - Crowdfund Insider - July 11th, 2020
- What are Cryptocurrency Signals and their role in trading - TechGenyz - July 11th, 2020
- What Challenges Affect the Cost of Running a Cryptocurrency Exchange - Cointelegraph - July 11th, 2020
- Huobi Global Provides Insight on What Is Driving the Institutional Interest in Cryptocurrency Investment - PRNewswire - July 11th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency And Blockchain Technology Market size Reap Excessive Revenues size COVID-19 2022 - Kentucky Journal 24 - July 11th, 2020
- Kaspersky Fraud Prevention helps Indacoin halt fraudulent operations with cryptocurrency - CRN.in - July 11th, 2020
- Akon City: $6 Billion Cryptocurrency City Set to Begin Construction | News - Bitcoin News - June 21st, 2020
- As Bitcoin Struggles, This New Crypto Has Soared 250% To A Massive $2 Billion Valuation - Forbes - June 21st, 2020
- From Ethereum to Stellar, to Solana: Cryptocurrency Kin Confirms Blockchain Migration - CoinDesk - June 21st, 2020
- Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin Has Halved: What It Actually Means? - Inc42 Media - June 21st, 2020
- Its Time for Private Cryptocurrency Boards - National Review - June 21st, 2020
- EY Launches First-Of-Its-Kind Cryptocurrency Reporting App - PRNewswire - June 21st, 2020
- 60% of Bitcoin Is Held by Entities that have Never Sold More than 25% of their BTC Holdings: Report - Crowdfund Insider - June 21st, 2020
- Akon is planning to build a cryptocurrency-powered city in Senegal - The Spaces - June 21st, 2020
- Does Cryptocurrency Have a Short-lived hope in India - CXOToday.com - June 21st, 2020
- The Zcash Privacy Tech Underlying Ethereums Transition to Eth 2.0 - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - June 21st, 2020
- IRS Tells Couple With $7 Million in Bitcoin to Liquidate Crypto Assets and Pay off Tax Debt | Taxes - Bitcoin News - June 21st, 2020
- [EVENT: JUNE 20TH, 2020]: Introduction to Stablecoins - A Chat with Ghanaian Cryptocurrency Developer, Tim Akinbo - bitcoinke.io - June 21st, 2020
- 40Days 40Fintechs: Sqoin is using Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies to boost financial inclusion - pmldaily.com - June 21st, 2020
- Tips and Tricks for Picking the Right Cryptocurrency... - Coinspeaker - June 21st, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Mining Hardware Market 2020 Key Players, Share, Trend, Segmentation and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 21st, 2020
- Ethereum wallets holding at least 0.1 ETH just crossed the 3 million mark for the first time - Nairametrics - June 21st, 2020
- Zilliqa, the fast-rising cryptocurrency that has gained more than 845% since March - Nairametrics - June 12th, 2020
- Someone paid $2.6 million in fees to move $134 worth of crypto and oops - Mashable - June 12th, 2020
- 80% of US and European Institutional Investors Find Cryptocurrency Appealing: Survey - Bitcoin News - June 12th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency misappropriation, hacking, theft and fraud on target for banner year - JD Supra - June 12th, 2020
- Watch | What is crypto-jacking? - The Hindu - June 12th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market News: Bitcoin drops to $9,100, the rest of the market follows suit - FXStreet - June 12th, 2020
- Europol busts $17 million illegal Netflix site that used cryptocurrency - Decrypt - June 12th, 2020
- Meet ZCash, the cryptocurrency that protects your privacy better than Bitcoin - Nairametrics - June 12th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency and Capital Gains: The Sources of Vermont Candidates' Wealth - Seven Days - June 12th, 2020
- Trio of Analysts Bullish on Ethereum (ETH) As Cryptocurrency Shows Robust Fundamentals - The Daily Hodl - June 12th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: IOTA rockets to the moon Bitcoin, Ripple and Ethereum in consolidation - FXStreet - June 12th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin needs to settle above $10,600 to avoid the sell-off - FXStreet - June 12th, 2020
- What to Know About Billions' Cryptocurrency Drama If You Know Nothing About Cryptocurrency - Vulture - June 1st, 2020
- Will Shopifys New Cryptocurrency Partnership Widen Its Moat? - Motley Fool - June 1st, 2020
- Meet Theta Fuel, the cryptocurrency that catches world's attention - Nairametrics - June 1st, 2020
- Bitcoin founder may have just moved nearly $400,000 in untouched cryptocurrency - The Independent - June 1st, 2020
- Bitcoins $100K Probability Speculation or Economic Theory Backed? - Finance Magnates - June 1st, 2020
- Bitcoin hodl waves indicate 60% of the cryptocurrency is being hoarded analysts suggest a bull run could be - Business Insider India - June 1st, 2020
- Everything to Know about the Emergence of Prepaid Cryptocurrency Debit Cards: - PaymentsJournal - June 1st, 2020
- bitFlyer Europe and Quazard Partner to Bring First Ever Trading Competition to Botwars Ultimate Trading - Business Wire - June 1st, 2020
- Africa's young population and the drive for cryptocurrency - Techpoint.ng - June 1st, 2020
- Kraken CEO: Bitcoin (BTC) Would Be Worth $1,000,000,000,000 If the Masses Knew the Power of Cryptocurrency - The Daily Hodl - June 1st, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Cardano increased by 15% - The Times Hub - June 1st, 2020
- Calibras Rebrand to Novi: An Effort to Create Distance from Facebook? - Finance Magnates - June 1st, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin bleeding as the market gets ready for CME futures expiration - FXStreet - June 1st, 2020
- SA investors fear cryptocurrency CEO accused of stealing millions could be on the run - The Citizen - June 1st, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Definition - May 24th, 2020
- What is Cryptocurrency: [Everything You Need To Know!] - May 24th, 2020
- As Bitcoin Struggles, This Tiny Cryptocurrency Has Soared A Massive 230% - Forbes - May 24th, 2020