Fractals are repetitive patterns in which the price of an asset within a period of time acts similarly as it did in a previous period, which is not necessarily of the same length. While these movements are not always identical, they always share numerous similarities, most often the ratios between different proportions of the movements.
These recurring patterns have very often been used to make predictions about the price in the future date, assuming that the price will act similarly.
Long-time trader and analyst @cryptopicasso noted a possible repetitive pattern in the price movement of Bitcoin in March and October 2019.
Besides the direction and magnitude of price movement, these patterns possibly have the same relationship between the 100- and 200-period moving averages (MA).
However, the current move is developing at a potentially faster rate, since the chart uses the hourly time-frame as opposed to the four-hour in the March movement.
Lets look at both these movements in more detail and determine how similar they actually are.
On February 9, the Bitcoin price began an upward move from a low of $3422. This was followed by a bullish cross between the 100- and 200-period MA on February 18.
The price created an ascending support line, which was touched three times before the price broke down.
Afterward, the price increased to validate the previous support as resistance, a very common movement after a breakdown.
But, instead of decreasing, it began a rapid increase above $5000. This movement continued until June 24, when the price reached a high of $13,764, marking an increase of roughly 400%
The price began an upward move after reaching a low of $7798 on October 7.
This was followed by a bullish cross between the 100- and 200-period MAs on October 10.
The price created an ascending support line and validated it three times.
If the price acts in the same manner as in March, it will break down from the support line, validate it, and continue its upward movement.
Unlike the previous period, a bearish cross transpired between the MAs, as mentioned above, on October 15.
While we could see an initial pump above $9000 similar to that at the beginning of April, we do not believe the price will continue its increase for a long period, similar to previously when it eventually reached a high of $13,764 on June 26.
The reason for doing so is the current trading pattern and wave count.
While we could see an extended wave four up to the resistance line at $9200, we do not think a breakout is likely before the price finishes one more downward wave.
Do you think the fractal will prove correct, or will it be invalidated? Let us know in the comments below.
Disclaimer: This article is not trading advice and should not be construed as such. Always consult a trained financial professional before investing in cryptocurrencies, as the market is particularly volatile.
Images are courtesy of Shutterstock, TradingView.
See the original post:
- As Bitcoin Struggles, This Minor Cryptocurrency Has Soared 1,000% In Just Over 12 Months - Forbes - July 14th, 2020
- Chainlink (LINK) Becomes the Tesla of Cryptocurrency Whats Next? - Cointelegraph - July 14th, 2020
- Crypto Winter Could Really Be Over as New Bitcoin Starts to Bloom - Cointelegraph - July 14th, 2020
- Ethereum Is Beating Bitcoin In More Ways Than One - Forbes - July 14th, 2020
- Bitcoin Exchanges And The Cryptocurrency World Was Just Rocked - JD Supra - July 14th, 2020
- Akon sets out vision for his cryptocurrency and Akon City - Decrypt - July 14th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency as an alternative during times of inflation - ITProPortal - July 14th, 2020
- Is the Future of Currency Digital? The Ongoing Trends in Cryptocurrency - CIO Applications - July 14th, 2020
- Huobi Global Provides Insight on What Is Driving the Institutional Interest - AiThority - July 14th, 2020
- Latest News On The Cryptocurrency Market | Intel, CoinBase, BitGo, and Binance - Jewish Life News - July 14th, 2020
- Bank of England eyes groundbreaking new currency as key part of Britains future - Express - July 14th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency regulation in India and its effect on the economy - Siliconindia.com - July 14th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Size, Share, Industry Analysis ZEB IT Service, Coinsecure, Coinbase, Bitstamp, Litecoin, Poloniex, BitFury Group | Emerging... - July 14th, 2020
- Video | Cryptocurrency trading in the days ahead - The Hindu BusinessLine - July 14th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Mining Market Recent Changes and Developments in the Market, Risk Analysis and Growth Drivers to 2027 | AntPool, Ebot, BTC Top, Genesis... - July 14th, 2020
- Is DeFi the next bubble to strike cryptocurrency? - Yahoo Finance - July 12th, 2020
- Explainer: What is 'LBCOIN,' the new Lithuanian state-backed cryptocurrency? - Euronews - July 12th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency-Focused Docuseries Airs to Millions of Viewers via the Discovery Science Channel - Bitcoin News - July 12th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency as an alternative during times of inflation - ITProPortal - July 12th, 2020
- Latest News On The Cryptocurrency Market | Intel, CoinBase, BitGo, and Binance - Market Research Publicist - July 12th, 2020
- Trumps Former Sanctions Chief Joins Bitcoin Investigation Firm Advisory Board As Part Of Expanded $49 Million Investment - Forbes - July 12th, 2020
- Fast Pace of Cryptocurrency Adoption in Latin America May be due to Dramatic Rise in Smartphone Users, Bitso Executive Reveals - Crowdfund Insider - July 12th, 2020
- Exclusive: Who Will Win the Central Bank Cryptocurrency... - Coinspeaker - July 12th, 2020
- NetCents teams up with crypto fintech company to utilize US$1.4 billion credit facility - Proactive Investors USA & Canada - July 12th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency and Traditional Financial System: Things you should know - NameCoinNews - July 12th, 2020
- NYE Coin Is Helping Investors To Tap Into The Potential Of Stocks & Commodities Market Through The Power of Blockchain. - GlobeNewswire - July 12th, 2020
- Study: Almost 90% Of Cryptocurrency Investors Worry About Their Funds If They Die - CryptoPotato - July 12th, 2020
- The Profitability of Cryptocurrency Bitcoin Now and in the Future - Chiang Rai Times - July 12th, 2020
- New York Court Approves Investigation Into $10 Billion Cryptocurrency Created By A Presidential Candidate - Forbes - July 11th, 2020
- Bitcoin Adoption: $1 Million or More in BTC now Held by Over 13,000 Cryptocurrency Addresses - Crowdfund Insider - July 11th, 2020
- What are Cryptocurrency Signals and their role in trading - TechGenyz - July 11th, 2020
- What Challenges Affect the Cost of Running a Cryptocurrency Exchange - Cointelegraph - July 11th, 2020
- Huobi Global Provides Insight on What Is Driving the Institutional Interest in Cryptocurrency Investment - PRNewswire - July 11th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency And Blockchain Technology Market size Reap Excessive Revenues size COVID-19 2022 - Kentucky Journal 24 - July 11th, 2020
- Kaspersky Fraud Prevention helps Indacoin halt fraudulent operations with cryptocurrency - CRN.in - July 11th, 2020
- Akon City: $6 Billion Cryptocurrency City Set to Begin Construction | News - Bitcoin News - June 21st, 2020
- As Bitcoin Struggles, This New Crypto Has Soared 250% To A Massive $2 Billion Valuation - Forbes - June 21st, 2020
- From Ethereum to Stellar, to Solana: Cryptocurrency Kin Confirms Blockchain Migration - CoinDesk - June 21st, 2020
- Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin Has Halved: What It Actually Means? - Inc42 Media - June 21st, 2020
- Its Time for Private Cryptocurrency Boards - National Review - June 21st, 2020
- EY Launches First-Of-Its-Kind Cryptocurrency Reporting App - PRNewswire - June 21st, 2020
- 60% of Bitcoin Is Held by Entities that have Never Sold More than 25% of their BTC Holdings: Report - Crowdfund Insider - June 21st, 2020
- Akon is planning to build a cryptocurrency-powered city in Senegal - The Spaces - June 21st, 2020
- Does Cryptocurrency Have a Short-lived hope in India - CXOToday.com - June 21st, 2020
- The Zcash Privacy Tech Underlying Ethereums Transition to Eth 2.0 - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - June 21st, 2020
- IRS Tells Couple With $7 Million in Bitcoin to Liquidate Crypto Assets and Pay off Tax Debt | Taxes - Bitcoin News - June 21st, 2020
- [EVENT: JUNE 20TH, 2020]: Introduction to Stablecoins - A Chat with Ghanaian Cryptocurrency Developer, Tim Akinbo - bitcoinke.io - June 21st, 2020
- 40Days 40Fintechs: Sqoin is using Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies to boost financial inclusion - pmldaily.com - June 21st, 2020
- Tips and Tricks for Picking the Right Cryptocurrency... - Coinspeaker - June 21st, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Mining Hardware Market 2020 Key Players, Share, Trend, Segmentation and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 21st, 2020
- Ethereum wallets holding at least 0.1 ETH just crossed the 3 million mark for the first time - Nairametrics - June 21st, 2020
- Zilliqa, the fast-rising cryptocurrency that has gained more than 845% since March - Nairametrics - June 12th, 2020
- Someone paid $2.6 million in fees to move $134 worth of crypto and oops - Mashable - June 12th, 2020
- 80% of US and European Institutional Investors Find Cryptocurrency Appealing: Survey - Bitcoin News - June 12th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency misappropriation, hacking, theft and fraud on target for banner year - JD Supra - June 12th, 2020
- Watch | What is crypto-jacking? - The Hindu - June 12th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market News: Bitcoin drops to $9,100, the rest of the market follows suit - FXStreet - June 12th, 2020
- Europol busts $17 million illegal Netflix site that used cryptocurrency - Decrypt - June 12th, 2020
- Meet ZCash, the cryptocurrency that protects your privacy better than Bitcoin - Nairametrics - June 12th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency and Capital Gains: The Sources of Vermont Candidates' Wealth - Seven Days - June 12th, 2020
- Trio of Analysts Bullish on Ethereum (ETH) As Cryptocurrency Shows Robust Fundamentals - The Daily Hodl - June 12th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: IOTA rockets to the moon Bitcoin, Ripple and Ethereum in consolidation - FXStreet - June 12th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin needs to settle above $10,600 to avoid the sell-off - FXStreet - June 12th, 2020
- What to Know About Billions' Cryptocurrency Drama If You Know Nothing About Cryptocurrency - Vulture - June 1st, 2020
- Will Shopifys New Cryptocurrency Partnership Widen Its Moat? - Motley Fool - June 1st, 2020
- Meet Theta Fuel, the cryptocurrency that catches world's attention - Nairametrics - June 1st, 2020
- Bitcoin founder may have just moved nearly $400,000 in untouched cryptocurrency - The Independent - June 1st, 2020
- Bitcoins $100K Probability Speculation or Economic Theory Backed? - Finance Magnates - June 1st, 2020
- Bitcoin hodl waves indicate 60% of the cryptocurrency is being hoarded analysts suggest a bull run could be - Business Insider India - June 1st, 2020
- Everything to Know about the Emergence of Prepaid Cryptocurrency Debit Cards: - PaymentsJournal - June 1st, 2020
- bitFlyer Europe and Quazard Partner to Bring First Ever Trading Competition to Botwars Ultimate Trading - Business Wire - June 1st, 2020
- Africa's young population and the drive for cryptocurrency - Techpoint.ng - June 1st, 2020
- Kraken CEO: Bitcoin (BTC) Would Be Worth $1,000,000,000,000 If the Masses Knew the Power of Cryptocurrency - The Daily Hodl - June 1st, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Cardano increased by 15% - The Times Hub - June 1st, 2020
- Calibras Rebrand to Novi: An Effort to Create Distance from Facebook? - Finance Magnates - June 1st, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin bleeding as the market gets ready for CME futures expiration - FXStreet - June 1st, 2020
- SA investors fear cryptocurrency CEO accused of stealing millions could be on the run - The Citizen - June 1st, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Definition - May 24th, 2020
- What is Cryptocurrency: [Everything You Need To Know!] - May 24th, 2020
- As Bitcoin Struggles, This Tiny Cryptocurrency Has Soared A Massive 230% - Forbes - May 24th, 2020