The Caribbean is home to over 7,000 islands, 26 countries,and has some of the most exquisite views in the world. With white-sand beaches, coral reef formations, and crystal clear water, theCaribbean has become a haven for travelers looking to immerse themselves in island living.
With pristine water conditions, water sports are extremely popularthroughout theCaribbean. Boating, jet-skiing, and diving are all favorites among travelers but snorkeling has got to be one of the most popular activities among tourists visiting theCaribbean. It's an up-close-and-personal way to see tropical fish, hover above the coral, and see the world from a fish's eyes. And while there are oodles of places to visit in theCaribbean, check out these five spots if snorkeling is at the top of the list!
The small island of Aruba shouldn't be defined by its size. It's home to some of the most glorious terrain and has more to offer than its beaches. There's a natural pool, cactus plantations, and even a National Park! However, if snorkeling is the end-game for a trip to theCaribbean, then be sure to check outThe Arusun: Aruba Catamaran Sail With Snorkeling in Aruba.
RELATED: Aruba Has More To Offer Than Just Beaches And All-Inclusive Resorts
With a five-star-rating fromTrip Advisorand over 600 reviews, this snorkeling trip was rated Travelers' Choice in 2019. Snorkeling aficionados will hop on a65-foot catamaran and explore theCaribbean Sea for two and a half hours. Two destinations worth traveling to in Aruba are the Antilla shipwreck and Boca Catalina Bay, which snorkelers will be able to see for themselves on this tour!
At the tip of the Dominican Republic, we can find the gorgeous region of Punta Cana. The country may be popular for its zip-lining through its lush jungle but snorkeling is also a top contender when visiting Punta Cana.
The Punta Cana Small-Group Sailing and Snorkeling Catamaran Tour is highly praised onTrip Advisorwith five stars and 700 reviews. For three hours, small groups make this snorkeling experience personal and informational, getting loads of attention from the instructors. Travelers will explore the depths of Cabo Engao, Bavaro Beach, and other spots while snorkeling. There's even a small break at a sand bar where they'll whip out a floatable bar!
The Cayman Islands consist of three islands: Grand Cayman, Little Cayman, and Cayman Brac. Grand Cayman is the largest of the three and will be a traveler's meeting point when looking to join the Cobalt Custom Charters cruise to snorkel. This snorkel adventure was rated number two out of 94 tours in George Town on Grand Cayman and has a five-star rating onTrip Advisor.
This charter can last for up to four hours and will take snorkelers to the barrier reef, Starfish Point, andStingray City! You'll be able to swim with fish, see the starfish for yourself, and even swim around stingrays. It's a gorgeous area with almost 300 stellar reviews and ends with a drink at a local beach bar! Cheers!
St. Thomas is one of the many islands apart of the US Virgin Islands. St. Thomas is one of the bigger and more popular islands of the Virgin Islands and that's largely in part due to its stunning snorkel spots.
OnTrip Advisor,Turtle Cove Catamaran Snorkel and Sail Adventure at Buck Island is highly rated (five stars) and lasts for three hours. If there are any turtle lovers or admirers out there, this is the snorkeling trip for you. TheBuck Island National Wildlife Refuge is known for itsgreen sea turtles at Turtle Cove and snorkelers will be able to see them in their natural habitat (along with tropical fish, of course!).
On the island of St. John in the town of Cruz Bay,Palm Tree Charters takes snorkelers on the time of their lives. Out of 49 tours in Cruz Bay, Palm Tree Charters was ranked number one and has over 1,200 marvelous reviews!
Depending on the experience swimmers are looking for, there are hundreds of areas to pick from that this charter can make happen because it's a private charter. This means that snorkelers can have their freedom with amazing attention while exploring the Carribean Sea.
NEXT: The Safest Caribbean Destinations (And Dangerous Places To Avoid)
These Mexico Resorts Are Safe (And Totally Worth The Price)
Read more here:
- Will Attending Medical School In The Caribbean Hurt My Chances Of Becoming A U.S. Doctor? - Forbes - May 11th, 2020
- Sandals Planning to Reopen Most of Its Caribbean Resorts in June - Caribbean Journal - May 11th, 2020
- The Island of Nevis Says It Is Coronavirus Free Caribbean Journal - Caribbean Journal - May 11th, 2020
- Taiwan's Medical Diplomacy in the Caribbean: A Final Stand Against Beijing? - The Diplomat - May 11th, 2020
- Ralph Jimenez: Corruption and hopelessness in the Caribbean - Concord Monitor - May 11th, 2020
- Caribbean tourism has been decimated by COVID-19. But the private sector can cushion the blow - World Economic Forum - May 11th, 2020
- Road to Recovery: Disney Plans, Plus Restored Flights to the Caribbean - TravelPulse Canada - May 11th, 2020
- The coast may be clear now, but sargassum is heading from the Caribbean to Florida shores, scientists warn - News-Press - May 11th, 2020
- The Caribbean can supply the US with ginger year-round - FreshPlaza.com - May 11th, 2020
- How Sandals Is Adapting Its Caribbean Resorts Caribbean Journal - Caribbean Journal - May 11th, 2020
- Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean Could Be Eyeing a New Heroine - Gizmodo - May 11th, 2020
- Pirates of the Caribbean 6: Did Disney pick Karen Gillan for new lead? - Deseret News - May 11th, 2020
- North America: The curse of the Caribbean - IPS Journal - May 11th, 2020
- Research Shows Transplanting Staghorn Corals Could Help The Species Recover In The Caribbean - National Parks Traveler - May 11th, 2020
- I'm Quarantined on a Yacht in the Caribbean. It's Not What You Think - Fodor's Travel - May 11th, 2020
- Royal Caribbean Owned Cruise Ships Gather at Private Island - Cruise Hive - May 11th, 2020
- Do you know the volcanoes of the Caribbean? - Loop News Barbados - May 3rd, 2020
- The Perfect Sun Shirts for the Caribbean - Caribbean Journal - May 3rd, 2020
- Hurricanes Are Reshaping Evolution Across the Caribbean - The New York Times - May 3rd, 2020
- From The Bahamas to St Thomas, the Caribbean's Most Famous Cocktails - Caribbean Journal - May 3rd, 2020
- Caribbean Hotels Advised to Replace Buffet Dinners and Minibars - Travel Agent - May 3rd, 2020
- Latin America and the Caribbean Region COVID-19 Situation Report No. 2 - Argentina - ReliefWeb - May 3rd, 2020
- Hold on Tight: Researchers Say Caribbean Lizards Grow Bigger Toes to Survive Hurricanes - The Weather Channel - May 3rd, 2020
- Pirates Of The Caribbean 6: Release Date, Plot, And Get All The Latest Updates We Have So Far - World Top Trend - May 3rd, 2020
- Puerto Rico earthquake: 5.5 magnitude quake rocks Caribbean - is there a tsunami warning? - Express.co.uk - May 3rd, 2020
- Escape To The Caribbean With These Soulful Recipes - Essence - May 3rd, 2020
- One Photographer Documents the Lives of Schoolchildren in the Caribbean - AnOther Magazine - May 3rd, 2020
- Heres Everything You Know So Far About Pirates Of Caribbean 6 - World Top Trend - May 3rd, 2020
- Port of New Orleans gains new Evergreen service offering connections to the Caribbean - Container Management - May 3rd, 2020
- European Union and Latin America and the Caribbean: joining efforts against the coronavirus - OnCubaNews - May 3rd, 2020
- A Rockefeller Resort in the Caribbean Is Restored to Its Rustic Glory - Yahoo Lifestyle - May 3rd, 2020
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Every Main Character, Ranked by Sword-Fighting Skills - Screen Rant - May 3rd, 2020
- Royal Caribbean: Best of a Challenged Bunch, but Thats not Saying Much - Yahoo Finance - May 3rd, 2020
- Protecting the Caribbean's most vulnerable people in the face of COVID-19: A UN Resident Coordinator blog - UN News - April 2nd, 2020
- How A Little Island In The Caribbean Sea Is Standing Up To The Goliath Of Coronavirus - Forbes - April 2nd, 2020
- Empty Hotels. Idled Tour Buses. The Pandemic Is Devastating Tourism. - The New York Times - April 2nd, 2020
- How COVID-19 Has Affected the Caribbean and Latin America - NBC 6 South Florida - April 2nd, 2020
- CBP Reminds Boaters of Reporting Requirements in the Caribbean to Slow COVID-19 Spread - HSToday - April 2nd, 2020
- Caribbean Moment: A Perfect Sandbar in The Bahamas - Caribbean Journal - April 2nd, 2020
- Corona Around the Caribbean - The St. Kitts-Nevis Observer - April 2nd, 2020
- Caribbean Moment: In Saint Lucia, a Journey to the Pitons - Caribbean Journal - April 2nd, 2020
- Around the Caribbean...Around the Caribbean...Around the Caribbean - Jamaica Observer - April 2nd, 2020
- Customs and Border Protection Reminds Boaters of Reporting Requirements in Caribbean - St, Thomas Source - April 2nd, 2020
- 24 Movies That Will Take You to the Caribbean Right Now - Caribbean Journal - April 2nd, 2020
- Take a mini-break in the Caribbean without leaving your house - Lonely Planet Travel News - April 2nd, 2020
- Are You Ready to Buy Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and NCL? - Motley Fool - April 2nd, 2020
- Caribbean nationals among thousands of COVID-19 deaths - Caribbean Life - April 2nd, 2020
- Caribbean Map / Map of the Caribbean - Maps and ... - March 31st, 2020
- Around the Caribbean... Around the Caribbean...Around the Caribbean... - Jamaica Observer - March 31st, 2020
- Helping the Caribbean in a Pandemic | Therese Turner-Jones - Caribbean360.com - March 31st, 2020
- CHTA: The Caribbean will resurface stronger in tourism - Dominican Today - March 31st, 2020
- Captain Lee From 'Below Deck' Expresses Concern the Caribbean Will Be 'Hit Hard' by Coronavirus - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - March 31st, 2020
- Trinidad Records Third Death from COVID-19 - caribbeannationalweekly.com - March 31st, 2020
- On the Trail of James Bond in the Caribbean, From Jamaica to Nassau - Caribbean Journal - March 31st, 2020
- Caribbean Map / Map of the Caribbean - Maps and Information ... - March 26th, 2020
- Caribbean Must Prepare Against Food Shortages because of COVID-19 - caribbeannationalweekly.com - March 26th, 2020
- Coronavirus Threatens Tourism Industry In The Caribbean - International Business Times - March 26th, 2020
- COVID-19 Pandemic and Latin America and the Caribbean: Time for Strong Policy Actions - International Monetary Fund - March 26th, 2020
- COVID-19 Watch: Caribbean islands surge past 750 confirmed cases of coronavirus - Antigua Observer - March 26th, 2020
- 10 Movies To Watch If You Love Pirates Of The Caribbean - Screen Rant - March 26th, 2020
- Reinvigorating Economic Growth in Latin America and the Caribbean: Can deep trade agreements help? - International Banker - March 26th, 2020
- Caribbean update on COVID-19 situation in the region - eTurboNews | Trends | Travel News - March 26th, 2020
- Around the Caribbean... Around the Caribbean... Around the Caribbean - Jamaica Observer - March 26th, 2020
- Government urged to halt implementation of public charge rule against Caribbean immigrants - NYCaribNews - March 26th, 2020
- Five Caribbean words that were spawned by coronavirus - Loop News Cayman - March 26th, 2020
- Virus: Sandals Closing All 19 Caribbean Resorts - The St. Kitts-Nevis Observer - March 26th, 2020
- The Cruise Industry Pressured Caribbean Islands Amid Coronavirus Concerns - The Intercept - March 16th, 2020
- Coronavirus-hit cruise ship in diplomatic scramble to find somewhere to dock - CNN - March 16th, 2020
- 5 Trending Food Destinations in the Caribbean - Caribbean Journal - March 16th, 2020
- Punta Cana has 9 of the 20 best family resorts in the Caribbean - Dominican Today - March 16th, 2020
- A Destination for All Ages in the Caribbean - TravelPulse - March 16th, 2020
- The 10 Best Pink Sand Beaches in the Caribbean - Caribbean Journal - March 16th, 2020
- The Best All-Inclusive Private-Island Destinations - Caribbean Journal - March 16th, 2020
- How the deadly coronavirus brought an industry to its knees: The 'cruise lines 9/11' - CNBC - March 16th, 2020
- Joanna Lumley's Hidden Caribbean locations and how to recreate her glamorous trip - Mirror Online - March 16th, 2020
- 14 Parish, a Caribbean restaurant with more than 100 rums, is coming to 53rd Street - Hyde Park Herald - March 16th, 2020
- Canceled: Caribbean Night on the horizon at the Opera House - PenBayPilot.com - March 16th, 2020
- Why Royal Caribbean's digital overhaul is safe from the coronavirus - Business Insider Nordic - March 16th, 2020
- How Will COVID-19 Affect Economies of Latin America & the Caribbean? - Havana Times - March 16th, 2020
- Pirates of the Caribbean 3: Why Chow Yun-Fat's Role Was Reduced in China - Screen Rant - March 16th, 2020