It turns out that the Caribbean is one of the most fascinating places on the planet: who knew? The answer: everyone who has ever taken the time to go there. From the people to the weather and beyond it's a tremendous place - but beneath the surface, one anecdote we really enjoy more so than anything else is their beaches.
They're big, they're beautiful, and they're so unbelievably unique. With over 700 islands you would think they may, on the off occasion, run out of stunning destinations to fill up: but nature is a pretty wonderful thing.
Alas, you should trust us when we say that the weather alone doesn't make the Caribbean a home run of a place to go if chilling out on the beach is your main agenda on holiday. It's worth so much more than that.
So if deciding where to go next summer is still a source of contention, allow us to put your minds at ease.
No, your eyes aren't deceiving you: the sand really is that white.
Alongside the beautiful colors, you've also got the great sights and sounds, many of which spread across this insanely gorgeous beach that is known almost as much for its unbelievable width.
Just picture hanging out down the beach, playing some baseball and taking in the weather with a nice cold one.Oranjestad, as a whole, is a super friendly and charming down that everyone should visit at least once in their lifetime.
We all have work-related stresses because that's life, but here, you really do feel like they just fall away into irrelevancy.
As far as a form of rehabilitation goes, we'd argue that's a pretty successful tactic. Congrats, Aruba.
That water is so crystal blue that we might need to start asking Walter White some questions. This two-mile-long beach features bars, restaurants and just about everything in-between. It gives off a really secluded vibe, too, which is great for those of us who just need to escape from time to time.
Once you sit back and allow yourself to fall in love with Shoal Bay, three hours will go by and it'll feel like three minutes. There's also lots of open ground and hills for people to walk or run along, and while that isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea, there are going to be very few opportunities in your life when you're able to stretch your legs on a patch of land as breathtaking as this.
Snorkeling and swimming are particularly popular activities here, and so is the fact that the mountains descend upon the ocean to make for a fantastic contrast between land and sea. If you looked up only at the top half you'd think you're in Cornwall, with the bottom representing paradise.
The huts alone make us want to jump on a plane with our swim shorts at the ready, but of course, there's so much more to it than that.
It's not too crowded, it's not too noisy, and it doesn't really matter who you're going with either. There are families to be found from head to toe to go right alongside couples that have gone for a quick break in the sun.
Plus, and we can't understate how important this point is, the frozen drinks on offer will quite literally blow your mind as you attempt to deal with the relentless heat.
Why Picking The Window Seat On A Plane Means You're Selfish
Go here to read the rest:
- Protecting the Caribbean's most vulnerable people in the face of COVID-19: A UN Resident Coordinator blog - UN News - April 2nd, 2020
- How A Little Island In The Caribbean Sea Is Standing Up To The Goliath Of Coronavirus - Forbes - April 2nd, 2020
- Empty Hotels. Idled Tour Buses. The Pandemic Is Devastating Tourism. - The New York Times - April 2nd, 2020
- How COVID-19 Has Affected the Caribbean and Latin America - NBC 6 South Florida - April 2nd, 2020
- CBP Reminds Boaters of Reporting Requirements in the Caribbean to Slow COVID-19 Spread - HSToday - April 2nd, 2020
- Caribbean Moment: A Perfect Sandbar in The Bahamas - Caribbean Journal - April 2nd, 2020
- Corona Around the Caribbean - The St. Kitts-Nevis Observer - April 2nd, 2020
- Caribbean Moment: In Saint Lucia, a Journey to the Pitons - Caribbean Journal - April 2nd, 2020
- Around the Caribbean...Around the Caribbean...Around the Caribbean - Jamaica Observer - April 2nd, 2020
- Customs and Border Protection Reminds Boaters of Reporting Requirements in Caribbean - St, Thomas Source - April 2nd, 2020
- 24 Movies That Will Take You to the Caribbean Right Now - Caribbean Journal - April 2nd, 2020
- Take a mini-break in the Caribbean without leaving your house - Lonely Planet Travel News - April 2nd, 2020
- Are You Ready to Buy Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and NCL? - Motley Fool - April 2nd, 2020
- Caribbean nationals among thousands of COVID-19 deaths - Caribbean Life - April 2nd, 2020
- Caribbean Map / Map of the Caribbean - Maps and ... - March 31st, 2020
- Around the Caribbean... Around the Caribbean...Around the Caribbean... - Jamaica Observer - March 31st, 2020
- Helping the Caribbean in a Pandemic | Therese Turner-Jones - Caribbean360.com - March 31st, 2020
- CHTA: The Caribbean will resurface stronger in tourism - Dominican Today - March 31st, 2020
- Captain Lee From 'Below Deck' Expresses Concern the Caribbean Will Be 'Hit Hard' by Coronavirus - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - March 31st, 2020
- Trinidad Records Third Death from COVID-19 - caribbeannationalweekly.com - March 31st, 2020
- On the Trail of James Bond in the Caribbean, From Jamaica to Nassau - Caribbean Journal - March 31st, 2020
- Caribbean Map / Map of the Caribbean - Maps and Information ... - March 26th, 2020
- Caribbean Must Prepare Against Food Shortages because of COVID-19 - caribbeannationalweekly.com - March 26th, 2020
- Coronavirus Threatens Tourism Industry In The Caribbean - International Business Times - March 26th, 2020
- COVID-19 Pandemic and Latin America and the Caribbean: Time for Strong Policy Actions - International Monetary Fund - March 26th, 2020
- COVID-19 Watch: Caribbean islands surge past 750 confirmed cases of coronavirus - Antigua Observer - March 26th, 2020
- 10 Movies To Watch If You Love Pirates Of The Caribbean - Screen Rant - March 26th, 2020
- Reinvigorating Economic Growth in Latin America and the Caribbean: Can deep trade agreements help? - International Banker - March 26th, 2020
- Caribbean update on COVID-19 situation in the region - eTurboNews | Trends | Travel News - March 26th, 2020
- Around the Caribbean... Around the Caribbean... Around the Caribbean - Jamaica Observer - March 26th, 2020
- Government urged to halt implementation of public charge rule against Caribbean immigrants - NYCaribNews - March 26th, 2020
- Five Caribbean words that were spawned by coronavirus - Loop News Cayman - March 26th, 2020
- Virus: Sandals Closing All 19 Caribbean Resorts - The St. Kitts-Nevis Observer - March 26th, 2020
- The Cruise Industry Pressured Caribbean Islands Amid Coronavirus Concerns - The Intercept - March 16th, 2020
- Coronavirus-hit cruise ship in diplomatic scramble to find somewhere to dock - CNN - March 16th, 2020
- 5 Trending Food Destinations in the Caribbean - Caribbean Journal - March 16th, 2020
- Punta Cana has 9 of the 20 best family resorts in the Caribbean - Dominican Today - March 16th, 2020
- A Destination for All Ages in the Caribbean - TravelPulse - March 16th, 2020
- The 10 Best Pink Sand Beaches in the Caribbean - Caribbean Journal - March 16th, 2020
- The Best All-Inclusive Private-Island Destinations - Caribbean Journal - March 16th, 2020
- How the deadly coronavirus brought an industry to its knees: The 'cruise lines 9/11' - CNBC - March 16th, 2020
- Joanna Lumley's Hidden Caribbean locations and how to recreate her glamorous trip - Mirror Online - March 16th, 2020
- 14 Parish, a Caribbean restaurant with more than 100 rums, is coming to 53rd Street - Hyde Park Herald - March 16th, 2020
- Canceled: Caribbean Night on the horizon at the Opera House - PenBayPilot.com - March 16th, 2020
- Why Royal Caribbean's digital overhaul is safe from the coronavirus - Business Insider Nordic - March 16th, 2020
- How Will COVID-19 Affect Economies of Latin America & the Caribbean? - Havana Times - March 16th, 2020
- Pirates of the Caribbean 3: Why Chow Yun-Fat's Role Was Reduced in China - Screen Rant - March 16th, 2020
- 5 Caribbean Islands Where You Can Go Beyond the Beach - The New York Times - March 6th, 2020
- The 10 Best Adults-Only Hotels in the Caribbean for 2020 - Caribbean Journal - March 6th, 2020
- Caribbean tourism threatened by the region's first cases of COVID-19 - Global Voices - March 6th, 2020
- Is This The Next Big Vacation Spot In The Caribbean? - Forbes - March 6th, 2020
- Spotlight On The Caribbean: Changing Weather - Global Finance - March 6th, 2020
- Curried Cabbage, the Perfect Caribbean Vegan Recipe - Caribbean Journal - March 6th, 2020
- This One Pirates of the Caribbean Line Plays on a Loop in My Head - Vulture - March 6th, 2020
- Strengthening Caribbean regional integration - Caribbean Life - March 6th, 2020
- The Invention of the "Healthy" Caribbean - JSTOR Daily - March 6th, 2020
- Caribbean Health Agency Raises Virus Threat Level to High - The St. Kitts-Nevis Observer - March 6th, 2020
- Royal Caribbean Is Starting To Look Attractive - Seeking Alpha - March 6th, 2020
- Top 7 Jamaican & Caribbean News Stories You Missed The Week Ending March 6th, 2020 - Jamaicans.com - March 6th, 2020
- Caribbean-style roti shop, On the Double, coming this spring to Union Market. - PoPville - March 6th, 2020
- 5 Female Chefs In The Caribbean Who Are Changing The Way We Look At Food - Forbes - February 24th, 2020
- Finding Bequia secret is out on vacation paradise in the Caribbean - Worcester Telegram - February 24th, 2020
- Caribbean islands: Things to know before you go - Newsday - February 24th, 2020
- Yo Ho, Yo Ho! This "Waters of the Caribbean" Candle Will Bring Back Disneyland Memories - POPSUGAR - February 24th, 2020
- Murder and White Privilege on a Family Holiday in the Caribbean - The New York Times - February 24th, 2020
- Marriott Adds 10,000 Rooms to its Pipeline in the Caribbean and Latin America - FTNnews.com - February 24th, 2020
- Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones rank among best Disneyland rides - Deseret News - February 24th, 2020
- African Americans, Afro-Caribbean Americans, And Addiction - Addiction Center - February 24th, 2020
- These Are The Highest-Rated Snorkeling Spots In The Caribbean (On Trip Advisor) - TheTravel - February 24th, 2020
- Pirates of the Caribbean to Close for Annual Refurbishment on May 11th in Disneyland Paris - wdwnt.com - February 24th, 2020
- Pirates of the Caribbean to Close for Refurbishment at Disneyland Paris - Inside the Magic - February 24th, 2020
- Pirates of the Caribbean 6 theory: How Disney can fix the POTC franchise - Deseret News - February 24th, 2020
- A Must-Visit Caribbean Regatta in the BVI - Caribbean Journal - February 24th, 2020
- These Caribbean Islands Are Often Crowded... Because They're Cruise Ports - TheTravel - February 24th, 2020
- US to implement rule denying green cards to Caribbean immigrants who may need gov't aid - Jamaica Observer - February 24th, 2020
- Four men guilty of killing Briton in the Caribbean on round the world dream yachting holiday - Telegraph.co.uk - February 24th, 2020
- SBU Scientist Appeals for Greater Protection of Caribbean Sharks | | SBU - Stony Brook News - February 19th, 2020
- The Future Of Aruba: How The Tiny Caribbean Island Is Bracing For Major New Hotel Development - Forbes - February 19th, 2020
- The story behind alumni's Caribbean restaurant: Fazmoz - The Wichitan - February 19th, 2020
- These are the best places in the Caribbean - USA Today 10Best - February 19th, 2020