As major hotel companies around the world adapt their properties to the new realities of travel, the Caribbeans most famous resort brand, Sandals, is doing just that.
Sandals Resorts has announced a major new health and safety measures it says will guarantee guests can enjoy their vacation with utmost confidence from arrival to departure.
The program is called Sandals Platinum Protocols of Cleanliness, and it will apply to both Sandals and Beaches resorts in the region.
At Sandals Resorts, cleanliness and safety have always been priority #1. Our loyal guests and incredible team members are part of the Sandals family, and we take care of our family. Their health and safety is our focus. said Gordon Butch Stewart, founder and chairman of Sandals Resorts. We want our guests to not have to worry about a thing so they can enjoy the Luxury Included vacation theyve trusted in time and time again. Were doing everything we can to offer peace of mind during a time that has been difficult for the entire world, and that is why we have continued to evolve our protocols to maintain an even safer, healthier stay.
The protocols will include All-Encompassing Eighteen Touch Point Practice, which will implement advanced hygiene practices across 18 key touch points from the moment guests arrive at airport lounges across the entire resort experience.
That includes everything from the airport lounge, guest transfers, the rooms, food and beverage experiences, housekeeping and laundry and swimming pools, among others.
Sandals is also launching an enhanced triple check system for cleaning and sanitation, which will see resorts diligently cleaned and sanitized on an going basis, with a minimum of three inspections daily.
Inspections will include all hard surfaces from door handles and car interiors to public restrooms, cutlery, chairs and more.
Sandals is also adding new hospital-grade disinfectants, electrical aerosol sprayers, the use of UV-LED lighting, air duct sanitization for each arrival and departure and weekly steam-cleaning and sanitization of carpeting.
Perhaps most notably, guests will be able to check in to their rooms online, beginning in June, meaning they can skip the front desk and go right to their rooms. (The company has not yet announced when it plans to reopen its properties).
When they arrive, theyll have a welcome cocktail, a personal anti-bacterial hand towel and individual in-room hand sanitizers.
Sandals will be implementing social distancing across their properties, from setting up safe social distance across restaurants, bars and beaches, and restricting elevator trips to one couple per trip (or one family per trip at Beaches).
Sandals also says it is holding its suppliers, vendors and partners to the same standards meaning restricted delivery windows and sanitized touch points.
Its a comprehensive new plan and one that was eagerly awaited given the companys massive influence in the Caribbean travel industry.
Like many of Sandals innovations over the last four decades, its one that will likely set the standard for much of the Caribbean region.
For more, visit Sandals.
- Young Workers Optimistic in Latin America and the Caribbean - Gallup - June 15th, 2021
- 7 Caribbean beauty influencers who should be on your radar right now - Yahoo Sports - June 15th, 2021
- Slave cemetery discovered on Caribbean island - Africanews English - June 15th, 2021
- How Sea of Thieves Brought Pirates of the Caribbean to Its World in New Expansion (EXCLUSIVE) - Variety - June 15th, 2021
- Live From Royal Caribbean's Perfect Day At CocoCay: Come Now, and Spend Two Days - Cruise Critic - June 15th, 2021
- Latin America & The Caribbean Weekly Situation Update (7-13 June 2021), as of 14 June 2021 - Honduras - ReliefWeb - June 15th, 2021
- At Wesmore Caribbean Eats, Jamaican family brings their take on island flavors to Fayetteville - The Fayetteville Observer - June 15th, 2021
- A Zoom on tourism recovery and what holds travelers back - Travel Weekly - June 15th, 2021
- Food Networks BBQ Brawl has Caribbean and Asian fusion chef from Michigan competing - MLive.com - June 15th, 2021
- 2 Passengers on Royal Caribbean Cruise Test Positive for COVID - Voice of America - June 15th, 2021
- China reminds us why the Caribbean is vital to US strategic interests | TheHill - The Hill - June 15th, 2021
- Summer Bites menu gives Universal Orlando guests a taste of the Caribbean - FoodSided - June 15th, 2021
- Royal Caribbeans Plan To Carry Unvaccinated Passengers Draws Mixed Reactions From Its Fan Base - Forbes - June 15th, 2021
- Hazy conditions expected as Sahara dust lingers over Caribbean - Cayman Compass - June 15th, 2021
- The Island of Bonaire Is Back Caribbean Journal - Caribbean Journal - June 15th, 2021
- OpEd: Fast-Tracking Caribbean COVID-19 Recovery and Resilience - South Florida Caribbean News - February 7th, 2021
- Circular Economy Coalition launched for Latin America and the Caribbean - UN Environment - February 7th, 2021
- Caribbean Currents: Coffee is another favorite flavor of the islands - The Philadelphia Tribune - February 7th, 2021
- Biggest Swell of the Season Kisses the Caribbean - Surfline.com Surf News - February 7th, 2021
- The World's 10 Biggest Cruise Ships - Cruise Industry News - February 7th, 2021
- Sweet Potato Is The Caribbeans Regenerative Giant - Forbes - February 7th, 2021
- At Brooklyn's KOKOMO, the Diversity and Harmony of Caribbean Food Are on Full Display - The Daily Meal - February 7th, 2021
- Air Canada to Suspend Flights to the Caribbean and Mexico - AviationPros.com - February 7th, 2021
- An exceptional weekend ahead for 15 entries of the 3rd Annual Caribbean Multihull Challenge - Sail World - February 7th, 2021
- Caribbean World Series: Would Cuba have done well if invited to this years tournament? - Call to the Pen - February 7th, 2021
- Caribbean Economic Survival Tied To Balancing Health Safety and Responsible Tourism - South Florida Caribbean News - February 7th, 2021
- Pirates of the Caribbean's Blackbeard Secretly Debuted In The First Movie - Screen Rant - February 7th, 2021
- Remarks to the Ministerial Meeting of the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States - ICC - International Chamber of Commerce - February 7th, 2021
- Alerts Raised for Two Eastern Caribbean Volcanoes Showing Signs of Life | The Weather Channel - Articles from The Weather Channel | weather.com - The... - January 5th, 2021
- Sandals Caribbean resorts in hot water over COVID-19 'breach' - New York Post - January 5th, 2021
- Dormant Volcano in The Caribbean Just Came Back to Life, Causing Evacuation Warnings - ScienceAlert - January 5th, 2021
- The 25 Best All-Inclusive Resorts to Visit in 2021 Caribbean Journal - Caribbean Journal - January 5th, 2021
- The 50 Best Restaurants in the Caribbean - 2021 - Caribbean Journal - January 5th, 2021
- Hotel reopenings in the Caribbean, week of Jan. 4 - Travel Weekly - January 5th, 2021
- Boat with more than a dozen migrants sinks off Colombia - The Associated Press - January 5th, 2021
- Pirates Of The Caribbean: Captain Hook's Hidden Role Explained - Screen Rant - January 5th, 2021
- Unilever's The Vegetarian Butcher expands plant-based Whopper roll out in Latin America, the Caribbean and China - FoodIngredientsFirst - January 5th, 2021
- Luke Bryan and Jason Aldean Ring in 2021 in the Caribbean - PopCulture.com - January 5th, 2021
- Do we need white men? This author has a surprising answer - Caribbean Life - January 5th, 2021
- Petition To Rehire Johnny Depp For Pirates Of The Caribbean Closes In On 400K - We Got This Covered - January 5th, 2021
- Caribbean Travel: What It's Like to Quarantine in a Five-Star Resort - Cond Nast Traveler - December 14th, 2020
- An Ignored Canary in an Unknown Coal Mine: The Caribbean's Economic Engagement with China - The Diplomat - December 14th, 2020
- Local Eats: Jamaican Jerk Pit serves a taste of the Caribbean in downtown Ann Arbor - MLive.com - December 14th, 2020
- Ziggy Marley on His Father, Reggae and Jamaica Caribbean Journal - Caribbean Journal - December 14th, 2020
- Examining the Caribbean Basin Security Initiative Authorization Act - Borgen Project - December 14th, 2020
- Pa.-Based Eastern Airlines Jetting Off to the Caribbean From Philly Airport - NBC 10 Philadelphia - December 14th, 2020
- What We Know About Royal Caribbean's Free Test Cruises - Cruise Industry News - December 14th, 2020
- Off the beaten track, Caribbean-style: Here's where to social distance in paradise - The Boston Globe - December 14th, 2020
- Johnny Depp Reportedly Took 8 Ecstasy Pills at Once During Filming of Disney's "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales" -... - December 14th, 2020
- The Bahamas' Atlantis Resort Just Reopened Caribbean Journal - Caribbean Journal - December 14th, 2020
- Scientists Just Mapped All the Coral Reefs in the Caribbean - Caribbean Journal - December 14th, 2020
- Caribbean Airlines Expands Its Cargo Services in the US - AviationPros.com - December 14th, 2020
- Latin America & The Caribbean - Weekly Situation Update (30 November - 6 December 2020) As of 7 December 2020 - Honduras - ReliefWeb - December 14th, 2020
- MMC Latin America and the Caribbean - 4Mi Snapshot November 2020: Refugees and migrants in Guatemala and Mexico: a focus on smuggling during the... - December 14th, 2020
- Convicted Terrorist Deported Back To Guyana - Caribbean and Latin America Daily News - News Americas - December 14th, 2020
- Grandfather of toddler who fell from a Royal Caribbean ship has sentencing delayed - Royal Caribbean Blog - December 14th, 2020
- In the Caribbean and Beyond, Aunties Are So Much More Than Just Family - The New York Times - November 17th, 2020
- 'We will never forget this year': Hurricane Iota roars through Caribbean coast just devastated by Eta - USA TODAY - November 17th, 2020
- Walt Disney's Disney+ Expands to Latin America and the Caribbean - Motley Fool - November 17th, 2020
- 'I just never went back': Caribbean islands looking to replace tourists with long-term workers - National Post - November 17th, 2020
- Covid-19 outbreak strikes first cruise to resume sailing in the Caribbean - CNN - November 17th, 2020
- Photos: Dustin Johnson toasts Masters win with Caribbean vacation - Insider - INSIDER - November 17th, 2020
- WestJet Adds Flights to the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Costa Rica - RusTourismNews - November 17th, 2020
- The US and the Caribbean: time to seize the moment - Stabroek News - November 17th, 2020
- House Hunting on Bonaire: Perched Above the Caribbean for $1.5 Million - The New York Times - November 17th, 2020
- Positive COVID-19 tests reported on first Caribbean cruise to resume operations amid pandemic - UPI News - November 17th, 2020
- Caribbean economies urged to invest in infrastructure to secure post-COVID growth - BNamericas English - November 17th, 2020
- Pirates Of The Caribbean: 10 Most Glaring Continuity Errors In The Film Series - Screen Rant - November 17th, 2020
- Bride and Groom from New York Drown on Caribbean Honeymoon - India West - November 17th, 2020
- Sunny And Cooler Days This Week; Iota Rapidly Intensifying In The Caribbean - Alabama News Network - November 17th, 2020
- Pirates of the Caribbean Is Better Without Johnny Depp - Screen Rant - November 17th, 2020
- British Virgin Islands' Scrub Island to Reopen Caribbean Journal - Caribbean Journal - November 17th, 2020
- Is there a bad cruise ship room to book? - Royal Caribbean Blog - November 17th, 2020
- Watching four disturbances in the Atlantic Basin; one in the Caribbean - Wink News - September 6th, 2020
- Why Rich Americans Are Fleeing To The Caribbean This Winter - Forbes - September 6th, 2020
- Caribbean Flavors to Shift the Palate, from Yardy - The New Yorker - September 6th, 2020
- Soca Artists Kes The Band Is Back With New Live Album Just In Time For Labor Day Weekend - Essence - September 6th, 2020
- Travel (virtually) to the island of Curaao through these photos - USA Today 10Best - September 6th, 2020
- Keeping an eye on an area in the Caribbean - kjas.com - September 6th, 2020
- Global Warming Could Bring More Hurricanes to the Caribbean: Study - Nearshore Americas - September 6th, 2020