Updated: May 25, 2018:
JD Supra is a legal publishing service that connects experts and their content with broader audiences of professionals, journalists and associations.
Please note that if you subscribe to one of our Services, you can make choices about how we collect, use and share your information through our Privacy Center under the "My Account" dashboard (available if you are logged into your JD Supra account).
Registration Information. When you register with JD Supra for our Website and Services, either as an author or as a subscriber, you will be asked to provide identifying information to create your JD Supra account ("Registration Data"), such as your:
Other Information: We also collect other information you may voluntarily provide. This may include content you provide for publication. We may also receive your communications with others through our Website and Services (such as contacting an author through our Website) or communications directly with us (such as through email, feedback or other forms or social media). If you are a subscribed user, we will also collect your user preferences, such as the types of articles you would like to read.
Information from third parties (such as, from your employer or LinkedIn): We may also receive information about you from third party sources. For example, your employer may provide your information to us, such as in connection with an article submitted by your employer for publication. If you choose to use LinkedIn to subscribe to our Website and Services, we also collect information related to your LinkedIn account and profile.
We use the information and data we collect principally in order to provide our Website and Services. More specifically, we may use your personal information to:
JD Supra takes reasonable and appropriate precautions to insure that user information is protected from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We restrict access to user information to those individuals who reasonably need access to perform their job functions, such as our third party email service, customer service personnel and technical staff. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. Where you use log-in credentials (usernames, passwords) on our Website, please remember that it is your responsibility to safeguard them. If you believe that your log-in credentials have been compromised, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our Website and Services are not directed at children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 through our Website and/or Services. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided personal information to us, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Our Website and Services may contain links to other websites. The operators of such other websites may collect information about you, including through cookies or other technologies. If you are using our Website or Services and click a link to another site, you will leave our Website and this Policy will not apply to your use of and activity on those other sites. We encourage you to read the legal notices posted on those sites, including their privacy policies. We are not responsible for the data collection and use practices of such other sites. This Policy applies solely to the information collected in connection with your use of our Website and Services and does not apply to any practices conducted offline or in connection with any other websites.
JD Supra's principal place of business is in the United States. By subscribing to our website, you expressly consent to your information being processed in the United States.
You can make a request to exercise any of these rights by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at:
You can also manage your profile and subscriptions through our Privacy Center under the "My Account" dashboard.
We will make all practical efforts to respect your wishes. There may be times, however, where we are not able to fulfill your request, for example, if applicable law prohibits our compliance. Please note that JD Supra does not use "automatic decision making" or "profiling" as those terms are defined in the GDPR.
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, our customers who are California residents have the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
You can make a request for this information by emailing us at email@example.com or by writing to us at:
Some browsers have incorporated a Do Not Track (DNT) feature. These features, when turned on, send a signal that you prefer that the website you are visiting not collect and use data regarding your online searching and browsing activities. As there is not yet a common understanding on how to interpret the DNT signal, we currently do not respond to DNT signals on our site.
For non-EU/Swiss residents, if you would like to know what personal information we have about you, you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in contact with you (by mail or otherwise) to verify your identity and provide you the information you request. We will respond within 30 days to your request for access to your personal information. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. If you would like to correct or update your personal information, you can manage your profile and subscriptions through our Privacy Center under the "My Account" dashboard. If you would like to delete your account or remove your information from our Website and Services, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
As with many websites, JD Supra's website (located at http://www.jdsupra.com) (our "Website") and our services (such as our email article digests)(our "Services") use a standard technology called a "cookie" and other similar technologies (such as, pixels and web beacons), which are small data files that are transferred to your computer when you use our Website and Services. These technologies automatically identify your browser whenever you interact with our Website and Services.
There are different types of cookies and other technologies used our Website, notably:
JD Supra Cookies. We place our own cookies on your computer to track certain information about you while you are using our Website and Services. For example, we place a session cookie on your computer each time you visit our Website. We use these cookies to allow you to log-in to your subscriber account. In addition, through these cookies we are able to collect information about how you use the Website, including what browser you may be using, your IP address, and the URL address you came from upon visiting our Website and the URL you next visit (even if those URLs are not on our Website). We also utilize email web beacons to monitor whether our emails are being delivered and read. We also use these tools to help deliver reader analytics to our authors to give them insight into their readership and help them to improve their content, so that it is most useful for our users.
Analytics/Performance Cookies. JD Supra also uses the following analytic tools to help us analyze the performance of our Website and Services as well as how visitors use our Website and Services:
Facebook, Twitter and other Social Network Cookies. Our content pages allow you to share content appearing on our Website and Services to your social media accounts through the "Like," "Tweet," or similar buttons displayed on such pages. To accomplish this Service, we embed code that such third party social networks provide and that we do not control. These buttons know that you are logged in to your social network account and therefore such social networks could also know that you are viewing the JD Supra Website.
The processes for controlling and deleting cookies vary depending on which browser you use. To find out how to do so with a particular browser, you can use your browser's "Help" function or alternatively, you can visit http://www.aboutcookies.org which explains, step-by-step, how to control and delete cookies in most browsers.
Originally posted here:
- 5 Female Chefs In The Caribbean Who Are Changing The Way We Look At Food - Forbes - February 24th, 2020
- Finding Bequia secret is out on vacation paradise in the Caribbean - Worcester Telegram - February 24th, 2020
- Caribbean islands: Things to know before you go - Newsday - February 24th, 2020
- Yo Ho, Yo Ho! This "Waters of the Caribbean" Candle Will Bring Back Disneyland Memories - POPSUGAR - February 24th, 2020
- Murder and White Privilege on a Family Holiday in the Caribbean - The New York Times - February 24th, 2020
- Marriott Adds 10,000 Rooms to its Pipeline in the Caribbean and Latin America - FTNnews.com - February 24th, 2020
- Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones rank among best Disneyland rides - Deseret News - February 24th, 2020
- African Americans, Afro-Caribbean Americans, And Addiction - Addiction Center - February 24th, 2020
- These Are The Highest-Rated Snorkeling Spots In The Caribbean (On Trip Advisor) - TheTravel - February 24th, 2020
- Pirates of the Caribbean to Close for Annual Refurbishment on May 11th in Disneyland Paris - wdwnt.com - February 24th, 2020
- Pirates of the Caribbean to Close for Refurbishment at Disneyland Paris - Inside the Magic - February 24th, 2020
- Pirates of the Caribbean 6 theory: How Disney can fix the POTC franchise - Deseret News - February 24th, 2020
- A Must-Visit Caribbean Regatta in the BVI - Caribbean Journal - February 24th, 2020
- These Caribbean Islands Are Often Crowded... Because They're Cruise Ports - TheTravel - February 24th, 2020
- US to implement rule denying green cards to Caribbean immigrants who may need gov't aid - Jamaica Observer - February 24th, 2020
- Four men guilty of killing Briton in the Caribbean on round the world dream yachting holiday - Telegraph.co.uk - February 24th, 2020
- SBU Scientist Appeals for Greater Protection of Caribbean Sharks | | SBU - Stony Brook News - February 19th, 2020
- The Future Of Aruba: How The Tiny Caribbean Island Is Bracing For Major New Hotel Development - Forbes - February 19th, 2020
- The story behind alumni's Caribbean restaurant: Fazmoz - The Wichitan - February 19th, 2020
- These are the best places in the Caribbean - USA Today 10Best - February 19th, 2020
- Caribbean-like lagoons give homebuyers the benefits of the beach without the risk - CNBC - February 19th, 2020
- Universal Aviation Expands Presence in the Caribbean with New Cayman Islands Location - AviationPros.com - February 19th, 2020
- Nominations Open for the 2020 Rising Star Award Caribbean to be presented at CHRIS - Hospitality Net - February 19th, 2020
- Why The Dominican Republic Is The Cheapest Holiday Destination In The Caribbean - TheTravel - February 19th, 2020
- PHOTOS: New "Minnie Mouse: The Main Attraction" Pirates of the Caribbean Collection Sails Into Walt Disney World - wdwnt.com - February 19th, 2020
- Dress to impress at the 2020 Afro Caribbean Gala in Duluth - Atlanta Journal Constitution - February 19th, 2020
- The Safest Caribbean Islands (That Are Family Vacation Worthy) - TheTravel - February 19th, 2020
- CDB Official: Caribbean Brain Drain Cripples Region - The St. Kitts-Nevis Observer - February 19th, 2020
- Caribbean - Wikipedia - February 14th, 2020
- Caribbean Map / Map of the Caribbean - Maps and ... - February 14th, 2020
- Caribbean & Mexico Vacation Packages - All Inclusive ... - February 14th, 2020
- Who Needs a Caribbean Yacht When You Can Take the Ferry? - The New York Times - February 14th, 2020
- Shifting the conversation on Caribbean history - Brandeis University - February 14th, 2020
- This restaurant brings the Caribbean to St. Louis - KSDK.com - February 14th, 2020
- A region-wide debate on Caribbean oil and gas is overdue - Dominican Today - February 14th, 2020
- Underrated Curacao should be the next place you go in the Caribbean - USA Today 10Best - February 14th, 2020
- The best wellness resorts in the Caribbean - Business Insider - Business Insider - February 14th, 2020
- Brexit the Caribbean Must Seize the Moment | David Jessop - Caribbean360.com - February 14th, 2020
- Card acquiring trends in the Caribbean - Finextra - February 14th, 2020
- Aptim slapped with another suit for failure to pay for hurricane recovery work in Caribbean - Greater Baton Rouge Business Report - February 14th, 2020
- Top 7 Jamaican & Caribbean News Stories You Missed The Week Ending February 14th, 2020 - Jamaicans.com - February 14th, 2020
- Royal Caribbean Tells Investors to Expect Another Record Year - Motley Fool - February 14th, 2020
- 'Global citizen' Connie Carter creates U of T scholarship to boost Caribbean presence on world stage - News@UofT - February 14th, 2020
- Caribbean Map / Map of the Caribbean - Maps and Information ... - February 12th, 2020
- Caribbean & Mexico Vacation Packages - All Inclusive Resorts ... - February 12th, 2020
- Canadian HEIs to support the green economy in the Caribbean - The PIE News - February 12th, 2020
- Utah Royals' new coach draws inspiration from his time in the Caribbean - Salt Lake Tribune - February 12th, 2020
- Con Alma spices up its South America, Mexico, Caribbean flavors with nightly live jazz - PGH City Paper - February 12th, 2020
- CNN's Rick Santorum is going on a Caribbean cruise to help a group that attacks CNN as fake news - Media Matters for America - February 12th, 2020
- 20 Caribbean Destinations Where It's Better (And Cheaper) Not To Stay At An All-Inclusive Resort - TheTravel - February 12th, 2020
- In the Afro-Caribbean heart of Puerto Rico, locals fight erosion, government indifference - USA TODAY - February 12th, 2020
- Microplastics Are New Homes for Microbes in the Caribbean - Lab Manager Magazine - February 12th, 2020
- Costa Rica's Caribbean Region, Exotic and Full of Fun Waiting for You to Visit - The Costa Rica News - February 12th, 2020
- How the USVI Is Rebranding St Croix - Caribbean Journal - February 12th, 2020
- Greening Finance: Averting the climate crisis existential threat to the Caribbean - South Florida Caribbean News - February 12th, 2020
- Turks and Caicos Is Getting Its First Dream Hotel - Caribbean Journal - February 12th, 2020
- UN Official: Virus Will Cause Supply Shortages in Caribbean - The St. Kitts-Nevis Observer - February 12th, 2020
- Digital Nomad: Poker players of the Caribbean - Daily Maverick - February 12th, 2020
- The 10 Best Jamaica Resorts to Visit in 2020 Caribbean Journal - Caribbean Journal - December 27th, 2019
- Caribbean Home: A Mansion in the Heart of Old San Juan - Caribbean Journal - December 27th, 2019
- Celebrating the Festive Season in the Caribbean - Travel Weekly - December 27th, 2019
- Jamaica Jeffs in Belmont Center offers flavors of the Caribbean - The Boston Globe - December 27th, 2019
- Sugary Beverages Are Feeding A Childhood Obesity Epidemic In the Caribbean - Forbes - December 27th, 2019
- Pet of the Week: Caribbean native Luna is looking to settle in R.I. - The Providence Journal - December 27th, 2019
- Fascinating Recreations of 19th Century Caribbean Dance Music - World Music Central - December 27th, 2019
- Inside the 20,000-a-week Caribbean villa where Boris Johnson and Carrie Symonds will celebrate New Year - The Sun - December 27th, 2019
- These Cruises Go To The Most Stunning Caribbean Destinations - TheTravel - December 27th, 2019
- Sunwing Is Launching Its First-Ever Flights to Grand Cayman - Caribbean Journal - December 27th, 2019
- Artistic Treasures of Caribbean Civilizations - Art & Object - December 27th, 2019
- The Most Stunning Caribbean Beaches To Visit This Winter - TheTravel - December 27th, 2019
- American Airlines Kicks Off Two New Nonstop Routes to St Thomas - Caribbean Journal - December 27th, 2019
- Boris Johnson criticised for not visiting flood-hit areas before jetting off to Caribbean - The Independent - December 27th, 2019
- One of the worlds biggest cruise ships is heading to Texas - The Points Guy - December 27th, 2019
- Stafanie Taylor named in the ICC ODI Team of the Year - Caribbean Life - December 27th, 2019
- Pirates Of The Caribbean: 5 Reasons There Should Be A 6th Movie (5 There Should Be A Reboot) - Screen Rant - December 27th, 2019
- The 20 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean to Visit in 2020 - Caribbean Journal - December 21st, 2019
- Caribbean Treasures Long Hidden in Caves Go on View in Arte del Mar at the Met - Observer - December 21st, 2019
- USAID Commits $10M for Disaster Preparedness in the Caribbean - The Maritime Executive - December 21st, 2019
- The 10 Hottest Luxury Caribbean Resorts for 2020 - Caribbean Journal - December 21st, 2019
- Frontier adding 18 nonstop routes, including new flights to Caribbean, El Salvador and Guatemala - USA TODAY - December 21st, 2019