There was a time when the Pirates of the Caribbean films ruled the box office, and it was a given that a new entry would go on to become a blockbuster. These films were preceded and followed by a number of similar features as well, though, and if youre jonesing for a lot of adventurous fun, then this list is for you.
RELATED:Pirates Of The Caribbean: 10 Ways Real Life Pirate History Influenced The Franchise
Weve taken into account the blend of comedy, action, among many other things that can be found in the Pirates of the Carribeanseries to bring you the collection of these films. The backdrops may vary for these movies, but the entertainment value is definitely to be found here.
A gallant boy is adopted by a king for his bravery, becoming a prince of Persia. As a man, he is framed for the death of his father by his evil uncle and hunted for this crime. Realizing he can use an enchanted dagger to turn back time, the prince goes on a quest to set the timeline right.
Considered as one of the best video game-based movies, Prince of Persia has a fun feel to it right from the start, as the story shifts from one location to another with the prince picking up new friends along the way.
In the Old West, a mismatched duo are tasked by the president to rescue kidnapped scientists by a man who has sinister intentions to use a weapon like none other. Unfortunately, their constant bickering makes things harder than predicted.
While its known today to be the film that Will Smith chose over starring in The Matrix, Wild Wild West is actually a pretty fun film. The chemistry between the lead pair is hilarious, and watching them trip and stumble toward becoming heroes is silly fun.
In the early adventures of Han Solo, the smugglers background is explored as we see how he rose up the ranks to meeting his trusted friends and establishing his name across the galaxy. We find more than a few surprises in this origin story.
Having a central comedic theme is something Star Wars didnt attempt before Solo, and it made for a worthy attempt as the film has a charming cast who make Hans see-saw journey worth a ride. Its links to the main series also serve up plenty of Easter eggs.
After giving up his memories of Neverland and his time as the leader of the Lost Boys, the adult Peter is swooped back into his former life when Captain Hook resurfaces. Faced with finding the inner child in himself again, Peter reunites with his old friends for a final adventure.
RELATED:Pirates Of The Caribbean: 5 Reasons The Franchise Deserves Another Chance (& 5 Why Disney Should Let It Die)
In one of Robin Williams more beloved films, regardless of critical opinion,Hook serves up both nostalgic value and a bag of laughs. Its a well-meaning film whose adventurous spirit transcends its relatively simple premise.
Thousands of years in the past, the mercenary Mathayus undergoes a perilous journey to bring down a brutal ruler and avenge the death of his brother. As he completes his mission, he sets in motion the events that lead to him becoming the Scorpion King.
The first leading role for The Rock in Hollywood, this film captured the spirit of the fantasy-adventure genre, being an entertaining romp through dangerous obstacles. Bringing his trademark comedic talents to the forefront, The Rock shows us why hes such a draw for audiences by excelling in all departments.
A vigilante dons the identity of Zorro, a moniker passed down to him by the original in order to gain revenge on the evil governor responsible for the death of his father. As he goes through with his plans, he learns the meaning of what makes one a hero.
Before superhero movies and TV series were all the rage, The Mask of Zorro gave audiences a taste of swashbuckling entertainment. Its character development is a thing of its own, supplemented well by the many action-packed moments that have a genuine feel to them.
A boy is told an extraordinary tale of love, friendship, and adventure by his grandfather. This story sees a common man go up against an evil prince to save the one he loves, complete with fantastical elements and new comrades.
Considered a classic in cinema, The Princess Bride is a film where you cannot go wrong, as it features characters of all kinds with their own blend of comedic wit. The style of the movie is one that accommodates older and younger viewers, and its whimsical nature makes it an evergreen watch.
After his father is killed by his evil uncle, Arthur goes on a journey to reclaim his right as king, starting with becoming the master of the fabled sword Excalibur. With his uncle having powers of his own, Arthur prepares to fight for his legacy.
RELATED:Pirates Of The Caribbean: 5 Ways The Franchise Aged Perfectly (& 5 Ways It Did Not)
Its a shame this film slipped under the radar, as it was planned to be the first in a six-film series around King Arthur. Unlike the dire theme the trailers made it out to have, the movie actually is pretty breezy fun featuring a tried-and-tested format that viewers enjoy.
An adolescent with a thirst for adventure is taken aboard a massive literal ship in space, he finds himself joining the alien crew venturing across galaxies seeking danger. However, the long-sought Treasure Planet brings with it peril and betrayal in the journey.
A film that takes its adventurous tone and runs with it, Treasure Planet is the unorthodox film you want since the genre usually has a set format, something that is averted here. With dazzling visuals and a futuristic twist in the pirate genre, youll find this to be an underrated gem.
Siblings Evie and Jonathan enlist the help of adventurer Rick OConnell, in order to uncover the City of the Dead. Unfortunately, they end up accidentally releasing a horrifying Mummy who brings in a cursed plague. Faced with no choice, the heroes step forward to stop this evil creature from taking over the world.
A lot of the success of the adventure genre belongs to The Mummy, which revived interest in the industry for these films. The film combines comedy with action, and even horror, in a way that makes for a delightful feature that has incredible replay value and loads of nostalgia factor.
NEXT:Pirates Of The Caribbean Franchise: 5 Reasons Why It Is Still Great (& 5 Reasons Why It Is Outdated)
Next10 Best Val Kilmer Movies Ever, Ranked (According To IMDb)
Saim Cheeda is an entertainment writer covering all of Film, TV, Gaming and Books. He's been a writer for Valnet since 2017, contributing 500+ articles for The Gamer, The Things, Game Rant, Comic Book Resources and Screen Rant. Apart from freelance writing, Saim is a lifestyle blogger, co-owning the blog 3 States Apart.http://3statesapart.com
- Latin America & The Caribbean - Monthly Situation Snapshot - As of 6 August 2020 - World - ReliefWeb - August 7th, 2020
- Pirates of the Caribbean: News, reviews, and how to watch the movies - Polygon - August 7th, 2020
- What a Year Without Caribbean Carnival Means for the Region - Cond Nast Traveler - August 7th, 2020
- Green Growth Has Made Dominica The Fastest Growing Economy In The Caribbean - Forbes - August 7th, 2020
- Reactivating the Caribbean during the COVID-19 Pandemic | By Kristina D'Amico - Hospitality Net - August 7th, 2020
- Javier Bardems black mouth goo in Pirates of the Caribbean, explained - Polygon - August 7th, 2020
- Could This Be The New Reggae Summer Anthem? - Caribbean and Latin America Daily News - News Americas - August 7th, 2020
- Elizabeth Swanns 16 Pirates of the Caribbean costumes, ranked - Polygon - August 7th, 2020
- MMC Latin America and the Caribbean 4Mi Snapshot July 2020 : Impact of COVID-19 on Venezuelan refugees and migrants in Peru - Peru - ReliefWeb - August 7th, 2020
- Pope finances 168 projects in Latin American and Caribbean - Vatican News - August 7th, 2020
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Why The Black Pearl Is Really The Fastest Ship - Screen Rant - August 7th, 2020
- Caribbean finds there's no good answer to reopening - CNN - August 6th, 2020
- Optical Seismometer Survives Hellish Summit of Caribbean Volcano - HeritageDaily - August 6th, 2020
- Blue Hole Allows Researchers to Tap Into 2,000 Years of Storms in the Caribbean - SciTechDaily - August 6th, 2020
- Planet Hollywood Is Opening Its New Cancun Resort in December - Caribbean Journal - August 6th, 2020
- Pre-Screening at Airports Gains Ground in the Caribbean - The Weekly Journal - August 6th, 2020
- There Are Now Almost 40,000 Active COVID-19 Cases In The Caribbean - Caribbean and Latin America Daily News - News Americas - August 6th, 2020
- Kim and Kanye West head to fortress in the Caribbean to work on marriage - Evening Standard - August 6th, 2020
- Mexico and Caribbean Heat Up With Openings and Future Projects - Hotel Business - August 6th, 2020
- Health must come before the economy, insists top UN official for Latin America and the Caribbean - UN News - August 6th, 2020
- UK to be hotter than Caribbean as heatwave moves in - expressandstar.com - August 6th, 2020
- What Makes You Proud To Be Jamaican? - South Florida Caribbean News - August 6th, 2020
- St. Vincent Broadcaster Dies While Hosting Show - Caribbean News - caribbeannationalweekly.com - August 6th, 2020
- Royal Caribbean CEO updates on resuming cruises, President's cruise, which ships will sail first and more - Royal Caribbean Blog - August 6th, 2020
- Sandals Is Reopening More Resorts in the Caribbean - Caribbean Journal - August 6th, 2020
- Emancipation Day A Reminder That Caribbean Still Needs Justice, Repair - Human Rights Watch - August 4th, 2020
- Latin America & The Caribbean - Weekly Situation Update (27 July - 2 August 2020) as of 2 August 2020 - Bahamas - ReliefWeb - August 4th, 2020
- Significant number of jobs predicted for the Caribbean by 2030 - NYCaribNews - August 4th, 2020
- IDB, ILO Predicts Significant Number of Jobs in the Caribbean by 2030 - caribbeannationalweekly.com - August 4th, 2020
- St Thomas Is Getting New Nonstop Flights on United Airlines - Caribbean Journal - August 4th, 2020
- Pirates Of The Caribbean: 10 Things Everyone Missed About Elizabeth Swann - Screen Rant - August 4th, 2020
- Bermudian MP sends Emancipation Day message to the Caribbean - Loop News Cayman - August 4th, 2020
- WAI Architecture Think Tank launches critical education platform modeled on Caribbean loudreading - The Architect's Newspaper - August 4th, 2020
- Caribbean - Wikipedia - August 4th, 2020
- Caribbean Map / Map of the Caribbean - Maps and ... - August 4th, 2020
- Brandon King bats for Black Lives Matter, to lend support Caribbean communities affected by pandemic - sportsmax.tv - August 4th, 2020
- Chef Niven Patel Opens Mamey and Orno at Thesis Hotel Miami - Miami New Times - August 3rd, 2020
- A room of one's own is bittersweet in this children's tale - Caribbean Life - August 3rd, 2020
- Local artist to host Caribbean-themed virtual exhibits Daytona Times - Daytona Times - August 3rd, 2020
- Unmasking Trends in Maritime Crime in the Caribbean - The Maritime Executive - August 3rd, 2020
- Top YouTubers in the Caribbean | Loop News - Loop News Cayman - August 3rd, 2020
- Tropical Disturbance taking its time coming together in the Caribbean - WKRG News 5 - August 3rd, 2020
- Why the Caribbean is the Perfect Private Jet Getaway - Luxury Travel Magazine - August 3rd, 2020
- Pirates of the Caribbean: All 5 Ships Captained By Jack Sparrow - Screen Rant - August 3rd, 2020
- Caribbean Event Planner Turns To Technology To Restructure Her Business In a COVID Era - South Florida Caribbean News - August 2nd, 2020
- Most Capturing Places To Visit In The Caribbean - CEOWORLD magazine - August 2nd, 2020
- Latin America & the Caribbean: COVID-19 External and Internal Access Restrictions (As of 27 July 2020) - World - ReliefWeb - August 2nd, 2020
- Tropical storm Isaias forms in the Caribbean - CNN - July 31st, 2020
- The Caribbean Is Welcoming Tourists: Updated COVID-19 Safety Measures - Men's Journal - July 31st, 2020
- Cave Shepherd to cease investments in Duty Free Caribbean Holdings jv with Dufry and write down investment - The Moodie Davitt Report - The Moodie... - July 31st, 2020
- Latin America & The Caribbean - Weekly Situation Update (20-26 July 2020) As of 26 July 2020 - Barbados - ReliefWeb - July 31st, 2020
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Why Jack Sparrow Changed The Black Pearl's Name - Screen Rant - July 31st, 2020
- 3 storm systems bearing down on United States, the Caribbean - NBC News - July 31st, 2020
- Tropical storm warnings for parts of the Caribbean - CNN - July 30th, 2020
- China offers $1 billion loan to Latin America and the Caribbean for access to its Covid-19 vaccine - CNN - July 30th, 2020
- Every Pirates Of The Caribbean Movie In Chronological Order - Screen Rant - July 30th, 2020
- AIR Worldwide Releases Updated Tropical Cyclone and Earthquake Models for the Caribbean - GlobeNewswire - July 29th, 2020
- Trouble In Paradise: Covid-19 Is Spiking In The Caribbean - Forbes - July 29th, 2020
- 10 Iconic Caribbean Dishes Youve Got To Try at Least Once - WFSB - July 29th, 2020
- Tracking the tropics...where the system in the Caribbean moves next - WJCL News - July 29th, 2020
- Americans Not Welcome in Caribbean Resorts Re-Opening to Tourism - Bloomberg - July 29th, 2020
- Holder hopes England tour Caribbean by end of the year - Yahoo Sports - July 29th, 2020
- Genomic insights into the early peopling of the Caribbean - Science Magazine - July 29th, 2020
- Hurricane Hanna makes landfall in Texas as two other storms threaten Hawaii and the Caribbean - CNN - July 29th, 2020
- Cast sights to West Indies in rethinking education options - The Philadelphia Tribune - July 26th, 2020
- Marriott Is Opening a New All-Inclusive in Mexico Caribbean Journal - Caribbean Journal - July 26th, 2020
- Hilton All-Inclusive Resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean Are All-New - TravelPulse - July 26th, 2020
- The Day After: Rethinking the future of the Caribbean - Barbados Advocate - July 26th, 2020
- Inter-American Foundation and USAID Launch Joint Initiative to Foster Caribbean Disaster Resilience - US Embassy in Barbados - July 26th, 2020
- Defeat Looming for Weary Windies After Batting Buckles - Caribbean News - caribbeannationalweekly.com - July 26th, 2020
- Sandals Acquires A New Resort in the Caribbean - FTNnews.com - July 26th, 2020
- Caribbean Entertianment News - 10 Things To Know About This Caribbean Singer Lost To COVID-19 - Caribbean and Latin America Daily News - News Americas - July 26th, 2020
- Panama withdraws as host of 2022 Central American and Caribbean Games - Insidethegames.biz - July 26th, 2020
- Pirate Of The Caribbean Reboot: 5 Things We Want To See (5 We Don't) - Screen Rant - July 26th, 2020
- Remnants Of Gonzalo Moving Across The Far Southeast Caribbean - WJXT News4JAX - July 26th, 2020
- A couple is finally going home after their 5-day Caribbean vacation turned into a 5-month coronavirus lockdown - MSN Money - July 26th, 2020
- Julio Villafae Joins Ribbon as Vice President of Sales for the Caribbean and Latin America Region - Telecom Reseller - July 26th, 2020
- 2 tropical storms, 1 hurricane set to hit US and Caribbean this weekend - New York Post - July 25th, 2020
- US Coast Guard Seizes $38.5 Million in Cocaine in the Caribbean - The Maritime Executive - July 25th, 2020
- USS Shamal Shows Fury in Interdicting Go Fast - U.S. Southern Command - July 25th, 2020