Last spring, I wrote about my frustration with a new bar/restaurant near my house. You can read the post in full here but basically, there weremanychildren dining inside said bar. At first, I couldnt wrap my head around it. Then, I flipped my menu over and realized there was a kids menu on the back. Thats right, a kids menu at a bar. Where oh where are the adult-friendly restaurants? You can imagine my glee when I noticed I had a new Instagram follower with a brand new website featuring childfree restaurants, events, and more. I had a chance to talk with the founders of this incredible new site and welcome them to the interwebs (one day, Ill stop using that term) Anyway, heres some more information on childfree places from restaurants to events and the site you need to bookmarktoday!
Thank you for the opportunity to chat with you! We are Sarah and Randall, a 30-something childfree couple living in Canada.
The idea for cfplaces.com hit us a few times before we finally acted on it. It seemed that every time we traveled outside of our local area we struggled to find places that didnt allow minors. Whether it was to eat, drink, or have some fun, our searches always came up short. We felt that other resources online were either incomplete or limited in information.
With cfplaces.com,we want people to be able to take ownership of their favorite childfree places, sort of like a local guide welcoming other childfree people to their neighborhood.
We love craft beer and pubs, and its becoming rare to find a quiet pub that isnt overflowing with bored children acting up! In our own city, we know where we can go to be certain that its adults only.
When we travel, on the other hand, were lost. Many places dont list whether theyre child-friendly or not on their websites. Yelp only indicates if its good for kids and isnt really searchable when looking for No, which also doesnt mean they arent allowed.Too often we find ourselves either having a crappy time because we misjudged what looked like an adult place, or stuck with nightclubs and loud party bars! Wasting our time trying to find the sort of place we enjoy is a terrible way to spend our vacations.
Anyone [from anywhere Canada, USA, and beyond!] is welcome to add listings and rate their favorite places on cfplaces.com!
Were looking for restaurants, pubs, hotels, resorts, and events that can help anyone find a refuge from kids. No more frantic web searching Adults Only in every city you visit, hoping that the results you find arent sketchy.
There is a need for more childfree places, sort of Adult Safe Zones. Even parents want to get away from kids sometimes, but fewer places are putting up that No Minors sign. It seems like more and more parents want their kids to be welcome everywhere, even places where it really isnt appropriate.
A bar or a brewery is not typically a place for a kid, but we are frequently seeing traditionally adults only establishments changing their rules based on pressure from that type of parent.
We hope that cfplaces.com will help childfree people enjoy their time spent out of the house, whether its close to home, working abroad or on a big vacation.Maybe it will even help some parents who also want to be away from children sometimes!
This site wassoneeded. Its no small undertaking for Sarah and Randall, Im sure, but the benefits to the childfree community will be innumerable.
I had a chance to add a childfree restaurant to the site and found it incredibly user-friendly especially if the place youre adding has a Facebook page! If you know of any places that are specifically for the childfree, please visit cfplaces.com and add away!
You can also follow CF Places on Instagram here.
Let me know in the comments section below what you think about this new site!
View original post here:
- Childfree and Childless The Difference - The Good Men Project - May 19th, 2020
- 10 Women Look Back On Living Childfree By Choice | SELF - April 26th, 2020
- The Very Sad Childfree Life : Strange Notions - April 26th, 2020
- This Is What No One Tells You About Being Child-Free In ... - April 26th, 2020
- How this working mum is coping without her village during the coronavirus pandemic - ABC News - April 26th, 2020
- I used to judge childfree women | Life and style | The ... - April 26th, 2020
- Childfree: Im not having children because I want to save the planet - Stylist Magazine - April 26th, 2020
- Childfree - reddit - March 16th, 2020
- 5 Things 'Childfree' People Want You To Know | HuffPost Life - March 16th, 2020
- Good sleep hygiene is the new wellness goal. Try telling that to an eight-month-old baby - The Guardian - March 16th, 2020
- I'm Childfree, and I Think It's Time to Stop Asking Women If They're Having Kids - GoodHousekeeping.com - March 7th, 2020
- Are single childfree women the last of the hopeless romantics? - TheArticle - February 12th, 2020
- If I have no hope for the planet, why am I so determined to have this baby? - The Guardian - December 27th, 2019
- My Label and Me: I have 10 children, but motherhood doesn't define me - Metro.co.uk - December 13th, 2019
- Im childfree, not childless heres why that difference matters - Stylist Magazine - October 24th, 2019
- How babies change the dynamics of friendships - ABC News - October 16th, 2019
- Why you should be worried about teacher salaries in Michigan - Detroit Free Press - September 19th, 2019
- Why breast cancer was called 'Nun's disease" - Florida Today - September 19th, 2019
- Living Childfree - RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association - May 27th, 2019
- Voluntary childlessness - Wikipedia - April 24th, 2019
- Welcome to The Childfree Life | The Childfree Life - April 24th, 2019
- The Childfree Life - Index page - April 24th, 2019
- IVFML Season 2, Episode 9: Going From Childless To ... - April 1st, 2019
- How Minimalism Relates to Being Childfree | By: Legally ... - January 27th, 2019
- Complete Without Kids: a Childfree by Choice Handbook ... - January 27th, 2019
- Choosing to be Childfree to Live a More Sustainable Lifestyle - January 3rd, 2019
- The Childfree Life - Official Site - November 9th, 2018
- Childfree - Travel Companion - September 24th, 2018
- Home | Childfree Women UK & Ireland - July 12th, 2018
- Childless and Childfree Marriages and Divorce | Divorce Source - July 12th, 2018
- Living Childfree - RESOLVE: The National Infertility ... - May 31st, 2018
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Being Childfree ... - May 26th, 2018
- Childfree or Childless: Does Terminology Really Matter? - May 4th, 2018
- Complete Without Kids: a Childfree by Choice Handbook | Complete Without Kids - April 13th, 2018
- Parents secretly hate Snow Days : childfree - reddit.com - March 19th, 2018
- Efilism | Cool Childfree Guy | Page 2 - March 10th, 2018
- Childfree And Loving It! - February 23rd, 2018
- 9 Childfree Women Explain What Life Is Like Without Kids ... - August 25th, 2017
- The Childfree Life - August 22nd, 2017
- How Not To Be A Dick To Your Childfree Friends - August 11th, 2017
- Calgary bucking national trend of couples with fewer kids, census ... - Calgary Herald - August 3rd, 2017
- While some airlines and restaurants cater to kids, what's a parent to do when others don't? - National Post - August 2nd, 2017
- Ode: Divorced and dating again, childfree by choice | KWIT - KWIT - August 1st, 2017
- Ode: Divorced and dating again, childfree by choice - KWIT - July 26th, 2017
- Celebrating ChildFreedom on the Fourth of July - HuffPost - July 3rd, 2017
- Myths and Facts About Living Childfree - RESOLVE - July 1st, 2017
- As A Childfree Woman, Every Day Is Independence Day - HuffPost - July 1st, 2017
- Can Everyone On RHONY Stop Shaming Carole Radziwill For Not Having Children? - Refinery29 - June 30th, 2017
- Why am I expected to have children just because I'm a woman? - Irish Times - June 27th, 2017
- Vacation without Children - Childfree Getaways - TripSavvy - June 24th, 2017
- Why I Don't Want to Have Kids | POPSUGAR Love & Sex - POPSUGAR - June 22nd, 2017
- Why you should go on a child-free vacation - Femina - June 21st, 2017
- The 1 Simple Reason I Decided Not to Have Kids - POPSUGAR UK - June 21st, 2017
- What We Get Wrong About Women Who Don't Have Kids - Refinery29 - June 20th, 2017
- 'Strangers should mind their own business about my child-free status' - Independent.ie - June 8th, 2017
- Overlooking the childfree is a mistake - Spectator.co.uk (blog) - June 7th, 2017
- The Childfree, Outrage, and Where It Belongs - Huffington Post - April 8th, 2017
- Child-free and OK with it but still dealing with moral scolding and ... - Salon - March 7th, 2017
- Meet The Twenty-Something Childfree Women Fighting To Be Sterilised - Huffington Post UK - March 7th, 2017
- This May Explain Why So Many People Feel Outraged About Childfree Adults - Huffington Post - March 2nd, 2017
- I had a vasectomy and I have no regrets - Why a lot of people are opting for a child free lifestyle - SDE Entertainment News (satire) (press release)... - February 27th, 2017
- What time is Parenting for Idiots on Channel 4 tonight, who's on the show with Frankie Boyle and Sally Phillips and ... - The Sun - February 16th, 2017
- Only One in the World: Pioneering NotMom Summit to Connect Childless & Childfree Women - PR Newswire (press release) - February 7th, 2017
- Why No Kids - We're childfree and happy. You could be too! - February 4th, 2017
- Happily Childfree - Children's Health Health Care Blog - February 4th, 2017
- Mommyjacking The Childfree Life - STFU Parents - February 1st, 2017
- Jillian Michaels - Scary Mommy - December 31st, 2016
- The Childfree-by-Choice Pages - December 8th, 2016
- The Childfree Life Index page - December 8th, 2016