The Dr. John T. Macdonald Foundation is seeking to fund community-based organizations throughout Miami-Dade County with grants up to $50,000 each. Qualified tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations conducting grass-roots work that improves, preserves, or restores the health and healthcare of local area citizens have until April 15 to apply.
Since 1992, the Dr. John T. Macdonald Foundation has responded to identified community needs, said Aldo C. Busot, Chairman of the Coral Gables-based nonprofit foundation. Our board is appreciative of the work being done by our grant recipients throughout the community. The Board of Directors remains committed to sustaining its support in meeting the needs of our local community-based organizations. Busot is a senior vice president and financial advisor with Busot Group at Morgan Stanley in Coral Gables, and a graduate of the University of Miami.
From its earliest days, the foundation board wanted the foundation to serve the immediate grassroots needs of both children and adults and has successfully done so by awarding 468 grants to more than 300 community-based organizations over the years.
According to Charles Dunn, M.D., Chairman of the Community Grants Committee, The Community Grants program is the backbone of the foundation. The local organizations that receive funding are providing much-needed services and contribute to the well-being of our community. A graduate of University of Miami School of Medicine, Dr. Dunn is a long-established family medicine practitioner in Coral Gables.
Local organizations that qualified last year for the first-time, during the foundations 2019-20 funding cycle, included Friendship Circle of Miami offering behavioral physical and occupational therapies for children with special needs in Miami-Dade County; and Iam Able, with a county-wide reach for its Able 2 Adapt program that provides mentoring and exercise-based therapy for individuals with paralysis.
Whispering Manes Therapeutic Riding Center also has been funded in past years to support scholarships and new equipment for their equine-assisted program for special needs children all across the county.
Other award recipients include Wounded Veterans Relief Fund, , Fishing With Americas Finest, Miami Lighthouse for the Blind, Canine Assisted Therapy, Good Hope Equestrian Training Center, the Coral Gables Womens Club Childrens Dental Clinic, and Epilepsy Foundation of Florida, among many others.
In addition to community grants, the foundation also has undertaken three signature initiatives in conjunction with UMs Miller School of Medicines Dept. of Pediatrics with the establishment of the Dr. John T. Macdonald Foundation School Health Initiative, the Dr. John T. Macdonald Foundation Dept. of Human Genetics, and the Dr. John T. Macdonald Foundation Biomedical Nanotechnology Institute.
According to the Foundations Managing Director John Edward Smith, Since its inception as a grant-making institution, the Dr. John T. Macdonald Foundation has invested some $48 million into our community. Foundation grants serve as recognition of the admirable work so many community-based organizations are doing across the county to improve the quality of life for citizens.
The Dr. John T. Macdonald Foundation is accepting letters of inquiry for the 2020-21 grant cycle now through April 15, 2020. Funding priorities include:
Projects that promote health education and prevention, and early detection of disease;
Health related projects that assist children and the economically disadvantaged; and
Projects that target medical care.
Qualified organizations that propose to conduct projects or programs related to the health needs of the citizens of Miami-Dade County, and are seeking funding support from the Dr. John T. Macdonald Foundation, should first submit a letter of inquiry. Programs and projects are funded depending upon the budget in the $5,000 $50,000 range. Applications are available online at http://www.JTMacdonaldFDN.org.
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
With a long legacy of service to the local community, Doctors Hospital in Coral Gables is the genesis of todays Dr. John T. Macdonald Foundation. The foundation grew from the sale of the hospital in 1992. Starting as a grant-making institution with an initial fund balance of $12 million, over the course of the past 20 years, the foundations fund balance has appreciably grown. Today, the foundation continues funding and invest in the healthcare and medical needs of the local community.
The Dr. John T. Macdonald Foundation is located at 1550 Madruga Ave., Suite 215, Coral Gables, FL 33146. For information, call 305-667-6017 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Connect To Your Customers & Grow Your Business
Read the original:
- How to use precision medicine to personalize COVID-19 treatment according to the patients genes - TheStreet - September 2nd, 2020
- Meiotic chromosome synapsis depends on multivalent SYCE1-SIX6OS1 interactions that are disrupted in cases of human infertility - Science Advances - September 2nd, 2020
- Thought to Be Extinct, New Guinea's Singing Dogs Found Alive in the Wild - Smithsonian Magazine - September 2nd, 2020
- Humans have had mystery DNA for 300,000 yearsand now we might finally know what it is - SYFY WIRE - August 10th, 2020
- The Secret to a Long, Healthy Life Is in the Genes of the Oldest Humans Alive - Singularity Hub - August 10th, 2020
- LogicBio Therapeutics Reports Second Quarter 2020 Financial Results and Provides Business UpdatesFDA Clears IND Application for LB-001 for the... - August 10th, 2020
- Research on Tasmanian devil offers new insights into tackling human cancer - National Science Foundation - August 10th, 2020
- Human Genetics Market 2020 Size by Product Analysis, Application, End-Users, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies and Forecast to 2027 - Owned - August 10th, 2020
- University of Texas researchers find mutation that led to 2015-2016 Zika outbreak - Homeland Preparedness News - August 10th, 2020
- Blood lipid levels may be altered in some autistic people - Spectrum - August 10th, 2020
- NIH taps Dr. Lindsey Criswell as director of the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases - National Institutes of Health - August 10th, 2020
- 'Hyper urban' coyote genomes are growing apart from their city and rural cousins - Massive Science - August 10th, 2020
- Why scientists are worried about a 'Warp Speed' COVID-19 vaccine - New Haven Register - August 10th, 2020
- Gyroscope Announces Appointment of Leaders in Retinal Disease, Gene Therapy and the Complement System to Its Clinical and Scientific Advisory Boards -... - August 10th, 2020
- Noel Rose, Who Demonstrated Autoimmunity Exists, Dies at 92 - The Scientist - August 10th, 2020
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers: Viruses Can Steal Our Genetic Code to Create New Human-Virus Genes - SciTechDaily - August 10th, 2020
- Why Are Only 10% of People Left-Handed? Here's What Scientists Know So Far - ScienceAlert - August 10th, 2020
- Holder pasteurization of donated human milk is effective in inactivating SARS-CoV-2 - CMAJ - August 10th, 2020
- Dinosaur diagnosed with bone cancer that afflicts humans today - CNN - August 10th, 2020
- LogicBio Therapeutics Reports Second Quarter 2020 Financial Results and Provides Business Updates - GlobeNewswire - August 10th, 2020
- The Secret to Healthy Longevity Is in the Genes of the Oldest Humans Alive - Singularity Hub - August 10th, 2020
- BU's COVID-19 Testing Passes Its First Test | BU Today - BU Today - August 10th, 2020
- COVID-19 in Africa: Dampening the storm? - Science - August 10th, 2020
- Pacific Biosciences and Asuragen Collaborate to Develop Assays for Carrier Screening and other Applications Based on SMRT Sequencing Technology and... - August 10th, 2020
- U of T researchers identify molecular switch allowing parasites to survive inside hosts without oxygen - News@UofT - August 9th, 2020
- LUMINEX : MANAGEMENT'S DISCUSSION AND ANALYSIS OF FINANCIAL CONDITION AND RESULTS OF OPERATIONS (form 10-Q) - marketscreener.com - August 8th, 2020
- Gaucher Disease Treatment Market Size, Top Companies, Trends, Growth Factors Details by Regions, Types and Applications - Owned - August 8th, 2020
- How studying genetics and lifestyle can shape a healthier MENA region - The European Sting - August 8th, 2020
- Detection of H1 Swine Influenza A Virus Antibodies in Human Serum Samples by Age Group - CDC - August 7th, 2020
- UW researchers devise approach to treat rare, incurable form of blindness - University of Wisconsin-Madison - August 7th, 2020
- Prevail Therapeutics to Present at 2020 Wedbush PacGrow Healthcare Conference - Stockhouse - August 7th, 2020
- human genetics | Description, Chromosomes, & Inheritance ... - August 6th, 2020
- Human Genetics | Pitt Public Health | University of Pittsburgh - August 6th, 2020
- Triplet Therapeutics To Present at Upcoming Events - Business Wire - August 5th, 2020
- 'Hyper urban' coyote genomes are growing apart their from city and rural cousins - Massive Science - August 5th, 2020
- Baylor genomics teams partner to provide COVID-19 testing for Houston area - Baylor College of Medicine News - August 5th, 2020
- Gaucher Disease Treatment Market (Impact of COVID-19) Top Growing Companies: Acetelion Pharmaceutical (J&J Ltd.), Erad Therapeutic Inc., JCR... - August 5th, 2020
- High-fat Diet and Genetics Lead to Anxiety and Depression in Rats - Newswise - August 5th, 2020
- 'Mono' virus turns on cancer-related genes. Here's how. - Live Science - August 4th, 2020
- Human Challenge Trial Neither Essential Nor Ethically Justified at This Time, Says US Expert Anthony Fauci - Yahoo India News - August 4th, 2020
- ICMR to host global web conference on science, ethics of COVID-19 vaccine starting 4.30 pm today - Firstpost - August 4th, 2020
- Faculty/staff honors: Women in engineering network nod, winning magazine article on geologic hazards and refugees and two national genetics society... - July 31st, 2020
- ENCODE3: Interpreting the human and mouse genomes - Science Codex - July 31st, 2020
- Revealing the intrinsic functioning of human and mouse genomes - Tech Explorist - July 31st, 2020
- Maternal Immune Activation Causes Schizophrenia-like Behaviors in the Offspring through Activation of Immune-Inflammatory, Oxidative and Apoptotic... - July 31st, 2020
- Podcast: The ancient war between genes and disease - Genetic Literacy Project - July 31st, 2020
- Pitt's School of Public Health welcomes students with opera about obstetrician who championed hand-washing - TribLIVE - July 31st, 2020
- BNGO Stock Price: BioNano Genomics Inc. retreats, starts week in the red - FXStreet - July 31st, 2020
- A Genetic Mutation Reveals How the SARS-CoV-2 Virus Strikes - Technology Networks - July 31st, 2020
- 88-Year Old Daniel Smith, Son Of Slave, Tells His Story - Moguldom - July 31st, 2020
- 23andMe Releases Devastating Analysis of Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade - Futurism - July 31st, 2020
- MSU researcher earns grant to study effects of droughts - MSUToday - July 31st, 2020
- Massive Growth in Human Genetics Market Breaking new grounds and touch new level in Upcoming Year by QIAGEN, Agilent Technologies, Thermo Fisher... - July 30th, 2020
- CEO of genome analysis firm: We have the data to prove people will take care of themselves - University of Miami - July 30th, 2020
- Researchers from U of T, Harvard study collective human behaviour amid COVID-19 - News@UofT - July 30th, 2020
- Gene mutations discovered as a trigger for male infertility - BioNews - July 29th, 2020
- Cerevel Therapeutics and Cyclica Announce Research Collaboration to Use Artificial Intelligence to Accelerate Discovery of Novel Medicines in... - July 29th, 2020
- Relatives of coronavirus may have been in bats for decades - Opelika Auburn News - July 29th, 2020
- Link between platelets and Covid-19 virus? - The New Indian Express - July 29th, 2020
- Fortress Biotech Announces Publication of Study on Targeted Next Generation Sequencing for Newborn Screening of Menkes Disease in Molecular Genetics... - July 29th, 2020
- New 23andMe Study Reveals the Genetic Legacy of Slavery in the Americas - Gizmodo - July 29th, 2020
- The Groundbreaking Scientist Who Risked All in Pursuit of His Beliefs - The New York Times - July 29th, 2020
- 23andMe and GSK Head to Clinical Trials With Cancer Drug - MSN Money - July 29th, 2020
- Human Genetics - David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA - July 29th, 2020
- Discovering how genetic 'dark matter' plays a role in mental illness is just the tip of the iceberg for human health - The Conversation UK - July 29th, 2020
- Prevail Therapeutics Granted Composition of Matter Patent for Experimental Gene Therapy Program PR006 - GlobeNewswire - July 29th, 2020
- The toll of shrinking jaws on human health | Stanford News - Stanford University News - July 28th, 2020
- Global Hereditary Genetic Testing Market (2020 to 2030) - Analysis and Forecast - GlobeNewswire - July 28th, 2020
- Triplet Therapeutics nabs Scholar Rock R&D exec as new CSO - FierceBiotech - July 27th, 2020
- Meet Dr Sarah Gilbert, one of the scientists leading the race to find a coronavirus vaccine - The Indian Express - July 27th, 2020
- Genetic basis of bats superpowers revealed - KLBK | KAMC | EverythingLubbock.com - July 27th, 2020
- Study of Gene's Hormone Effects Leads to Surprise Insight into Pituitary Tumors - University of Michigan Health System News - July 26th, 2020
- Dutch University hospital Radboudumc finds genetic mutation as a reason for lack of defense against corona - Innovation Origins - July 26th, 2020
- Tailoring Depression Treatment With Genetics - Technology Networks - July 26th, 2020
- Genetic puzzle: How mice can be modified to help in the race to develop coronavirus therapies - Genetic Literacy Project - July 26th, 2020
- The genetic basis of bats' superpowers revealed - Newswise - July 26th, 2020
- Inside the Global Quest to Trace the Origins of COVID-19and Predict Where It Will Go Next - TIME - July 26th, 2020
- Baylor Genetics and the City of Houston Form COVID-19 Testing Partnership - PRNewswire - July 25th, 2020
- Triplet Therapeutics Appoints Alan Buckler, Ph.D., as Chief Scientific Officer - Business Wire - July 25th, 2020
- The genetic basis of bats superpowers revealed - YubaNet - July 25th, 2020