If asked to define Driftmoon, one can say Driftmoon is heart and mind combined into perfect harmony. Juraj Klicka, better known as the face of Driftmoon defines modern trance for all. It is pure, melodic, orchestral and puts the listener in a state of tranquil.So far every track by Driftmoon (including Drifter, Exodus, Leviticus, Howl At The Moon, Cama) have rocked planet trance and been supported by Armin Van Buuren on ASOT, earning Future Favourite and Tune Of The Week status on more than one occasion. Not only the king of trance but Aly & Fila, Markus Schulz, W&W, Solarstone, Jorn Van Deynhoven, Max Graham and the best of the rest are now hooked on Driftmoons phenomenal sounds.
The man flies down to India next week for a two city tour. Before he comes here, we sit down with him for a short Q&A about his expectations from here, his upcoming work and many other things!
Hi Juraj its lovely to finally have you perform in India! How does it feel like to finally come here?
Hi! Thank you for having me there and thank you for this interview. India has been in my sight for years even before I started making music. Its a beautiful country with rich cultural and historical heritage so its the place I want to visit of course, absolutely cant wait to breathe some of the history personally next week!
Have you planned to visit any places or looking forward to eating here?
India is a huge place and I would love to travel it all by train, which is what my sister did few years ago when she was traveling and backpacking there, I loved the photos ! It looks gorgeous. Also Indian cusine is one of my most beloved ones so of course, I will eat as much as I can there!
Driftmoon was a two-member project, which started off with you and Mikka. How did it all begin?
Driftmoon was originally a two member project made up of David Sherlock (owner of Freshly Squeezed Samples) and Miikka Leinonen, I joined the projects when they had difficulties finishing any of the tracks, they had great ideas (such as Drifter, Luminance, Howl At The Moon,) but they lacked technical skills to make the ideas into records, thats where I stepped in. David soon left to focus purely on FSS and Miikka left the project last year when he wanted to pursue a different path. I am fully dedicated to the project and Ive invested everything into making it a success.
How did you decide to name your project Driftmoon?
Originally we had huge problems with naming the project, we wrote down all our ideas on single document and then we were checking online which were available, Driftmoon was the last left and we went with it, eventually by the time we released a first track we found out that there is an indie game called Driftmoon as well, funny coincidence!
How did you start producing music? What inspires what you produce? Any specific place, person or an artist?
I started producing music when I was 15 but I didnt really get into it before I was 22, I went to study music and composition in UK and USA. By that time I already knew that I want to make and compose music full time for living.
Central Europe is a hotbed for trance producers at the moment, the change has come about in the last few years. What really led to this?
I think its a matter of geopolitical circumstances, situation in Europe allows young people to explore different aspects of life as well and it can lead many teenagers and adults to pursue career paths they wouldnt be normally allowed to.
Any artist you would like to collaborate with? Or you would like to play a B2B set with?
I take huge pride in my music and there arent many people I would love to collaborate with, I think only few (and classical) composers come to mind, no one from trance scene, sorry!
You happen to be a huge fan of tattoos. Which one is your most favorite one and why? Any meaning behind it?
I am huge fan of tattoos and the pain because even if you believe it or not, it cleans my mind because you have to be there and simply take it. It calms my mind down and I can focus more on important stuff. There are many I like but their meaning will be hidden, sorry!
You recently met Grammy nominated Cellist Tina Guo. Is there a collaboration on the cards? Could you tell us a little more about it?
I worked with her on my album already, she is an amazing person! I cant reveal anything for the future, yet
You have had fairly great relations with United Music Transmission, how did they start?
United Music Events are based in Prague even despite the owners are Dutch, they needed help with their show few years ago and one of the owners contacted me, now I am working full time on the show each year, another happy coincidence!
Any message for the Indian fans who are excited to see you in India?
I absolutely cannot wait to see all of you in India! It will be an amazing party, I promise you that.
Driftmoon performs in Pune on the 30th of June and Bangalore on the 2nd of July. Get your tickets here!
Bangalore : https://tinyurl.com/DriftMoon-Bangalore
Trance enthusiast. Armada Ambassador. Content writer. Im not afraid of 138! Making people give Trance a chance.
LBF or rather lovingly Lumi is all set to celebrate its 10thyear anniversary with...
Read this article:
- Have You Played... Sayonara Wild Hearts? - Rock Paper Shotgun - February 17th, 2021
- Trance Review: The Film Sweeps Us Into A World Of Depraved Exploitation; Fahadh Fasil Shows Some Real Acting - SpotboyE - February 15th, 2021
- What about us?: Japan store owners irked by compensation discrimination - The Mainichi - The Mainichi - February 15th, 2021
- Diving Into "WAVE," The New Genre That's Destined To Blow Up In 2021 - Your EDM - February 15th, 2021
- Little Budget Relief Will Be A Great Benefit To Taxpayers - Today's Ecommerce - Today's Ecommerce - February 15th, 2021
- Track of the Day: Moya Brennan & Trance Wax - 'Rivers' - hotpress.com - February 4th, 2021
- Chris Pandolfi of the Infamous Stringdusters on "Trance Banjo" - Westword - February 4th, 2021
- Bringin' It Backwards: Interview with Topic and ATB American Songwriter - American Songwriter - February 4th, 2021
- Listen to the Verses of Trance and Progressive EDM with Guido Hermans' Exquisite Soundscape - Pro News Report - February 4th, 2021
- Shane Codd: "I want to be the biggest DJ to come out of Ireland, and fly the flag" - hotpress.com - February 4th, 2021
- Logic1000: You've Got the Whole Night to Go EP | Review - Pitchfork - February 4th, 2021
- 'WandaVision' Easter Egg May Reveal Agnes's True Identity - Inside the Magic - February 4th, 2021
- 'I Was a Simple Man' is a Hypnotic Meditation on Colonization, Mortality, and Nature - Daily Utah Chronicle - February 4th, 2021
- Who are Trance Music And What Is It? - One EDM - October 19th, 2020
- The 'Star Trek: Discovery' season 3 premiere is one of its best episodes yet - Space.com - October 19th, 2020
- Devotees ram spikes through their faces and cut tongues with axes to appease the gods at Phuket Vegetarian - The Sun - October 19th, 2020
- Resoguns EDM Is An Ode To The Parties We Missed This Year - Kotaku Australia - October 19th, 2020
- Which of These Is the Best Electronic Dance Music 2020? | One EDM - One EDM - October 19th, 2020
- One Piece: 10 Quotes From The Series That Inspire Us | CBR - CBR - Comic Book Resources - October 19th, 2020
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Theory: There Is Something About Grudge - TrekMovie - October 19th, 2020
- Armin van Buuren and Ferry Corsten to close ASOT 1000 voting with a classic B2B set - EARMILK - October 19th, 2020
- Explaining the difference between ghosts and spirits, and other paranormal jargon - Southside Times - October 9th, 2020
- What Is a Narcoanalysis Test? - The Wire Science - October 9th, 2020
- When you wish upon a moon - The Tech - October 9th, 2020
- Listen to Jono of Above & Beyond Sing on the Group's New Single, "Diving Out Of Love" - EDM.com - October 9th, 2020
- Talkhouse Weekend Playlist: lofi instrumental beats to create to - Talkhouse - October 9th, 2020
- A letter from the inside of quarantine | Life and Arts | newsrecord.org - The News Record - October 9th, 2020
- Policy trance - The News International - September 8th, 2020
- Who the Hell is Drunk Trance in Wichita Falls? [VIDEO] - 1063thebuzz.com - September 8th, 2020
- PREMIERE: Dr. Zwig Helps A Young Friend Break Technology's Trance On "Can You Feel This Love" [Watch] - Live for Live Music - September 8th, 2020
- Ben Gold Teases Weekly AMPLIFIED Show on Twitch in 6-Hour Set - The Nocturnal Times - September 8th, 2020
- Learn About the Different Sub-Genres of House Music - One EDM - September 8th, 2020
- The Fahadh Faasil interview: 'Cinema shouldn't take away respect from women' - The New Indian Express - September 4th, 2020
- Paz Padilla reappears this Saturday on television after the death of her husband - Explica - September 4th, 2020
- Sitting in a 2021 Acura TLX only Whets our Appetite to Drive One - Autoweek - September 4th, 2020
- Soar above the storm - The Hartselle Enquirer - Hartselle Enquirer - September 4th, 2020
- 20 Questions With Ferry Corsten: The Dutch Icon on How Trance 'Hits You In the Feels Like No Other Genre' - Billboard - August 8th, 2020
- Giant Updates Trance Full Suspension and Talon Hardtail Mountain Bikes for 2021 - Singletracks.com - August 8th, 2020
- Jersey, Kaithi, Trance are among six films slated to screen at International Indian Film Festival Toronto - The New Indian Express - August 8th, 2020
- Jersey, Trance, Kaithi to be screened at International Indian Film Festival Toronto - The News Minute - August 8th, 2020
- Where to Go When You DJ | One EDM - One EDM - August 8th, 2020
- Why You Should Come to the Concert of the Year? - One EDM - August 8th, 2020
- What Are Examples of EDM Events? | One EDM - One EDM - August 8th, 2020
- The Psychedelic Shooter Moose Life Releases This Month - Happy Gamer - August 8th, 2020
- Rank 1 Gifts Fans with Exclusive Set from ASOT 950 - The Nocturnal Times - August 8th, 2020
- Spotify Debuts track IDs Playlists For DJs To Share Tracks They Play In Their Sets - Your EDM - August 7th, 2020
- 5 offerings to keep you engaged on Indian OTT platforms this week - Techradar - August 7th, 2020
- Tim Birchard never stops the music - The Durango Herald - August 7th, 2020
- Swedish EDM Artists Currently Making Waves in the Scene - One EDM - August 7th, 2020
- The Umbrella Academy Made Me Fall in Love With Ghost Ben - Send Help - MSN Money - August 3rd, 2020
- Brother of August 3rd victim reflects on one year anniversary, updates on baby Paul Anchondo - KTSM 9 News - August 3rd, 2020
- DiCaprio to Produce Island TV Adaptation of Aldous Huxley Book - /FILM - August 3rd, 2020
- The 8 Best DJ Sets of July 2020 - Pitchfork - August 3rd, 2020
- Revisiting the past life is not everyone's cup of tea - Tehelka - August 3rd, 2020
- Above & Beyond's Anjunabeats Commemorates 20 Years With Anjunabeats Volume 15 - CULTR - July 31st, 2020
- Harry & Meghan: New book excerpts describe her tears after palace scolding over a necklace - USA TODAY - July 31st, 2020
- Mat Zo Announces Third Album Illusion of Depth Due Out This October - Your EDM - July 31st, 2020
- Instrumental duo Zombi weave their influences into a metallic beast on 2020 - Chicago Reader - July 29th, 2020
- Zach Zlov Unleashes The City of Fury - One EDM - July 29th, 2020
- Iran missiles land near UAE airbase where Indian Rafale jets are on overnight halt: Reports - WION - July 29th, 2020
- How Online Casinos Use Sounds and Colours to Make You Spend More - We Heart - July 29th, 2020
- Sexiest BPM Revealed By Research Can You Guess It? - Your EDM - July 29th, 2020
- Prince Harry 'in a trance' after first date with Meghan Markle, says new biography - Telegraph.co.uk - July 27th, 2020
- Peter Green: One of the greatest guitarists of a generation - BreakingNews.ie - July 27th, 2020
- Writing to heal - Economic Times - July 27th, 2020
- Trance - Wikipedia - July 26th, 2020
- Prince Harry was first to drop L-bomb, left 'in a trance' after first date with Meghan Markle, new book claims - Newshub - July 26th, 2020
- Discover: 'You're getting sleepy' the amazing science of hypnosis - Sudbury.com - July 26th, 2020
- Blackpool nurse is a hit as guest DJ on Dave Pearce Delirium show as a thank you to key workers - Blackpool Gazette - July 26th, 2020
- Dance Bii with WesdaRuler, And More Music News and Gossip | Flagpole - Flagpole Magazine - July 21st, 2020
- Bachelorette: Brother of Country Star Granger Smith On Clares Season - Screen Rant - July 21st, 2020
- Magic Beans Gather At Beanstalk: At The Drive-In Part Deux With SunSquabi, Dynohunter, More [Photos] - Live for Live Music - July 21st, 2020
- Dil Bechara: Sushant Singh Rajput, Sanjana Sanghi Take On Paris And Find Ways To Khulke Jeena Ka - Mashable India - July 21st, 2020
- MCs, Stunts and Doing Keys: Behind the Scenes With Bad Boy Chiller Crew - VICE UK - July 21st, 2020
- Tisto to unveil VER:WEST at Tomorrowland's Around The World - Dancing Astronaut - July 21st, 2020
- Back in the pool: the new rules of swimming - The Irish Times - July 21st, 2020
- People who are easily hypnotized are more likely to be addicted to their smartphones, study finds - PsyPost - July 21st, 2020
- INTERVIEW | Gautham Menon feels a big film is all that is needed to bring audience back to theaters - The New Indian Express - July 21st, 2020
- Tomorrowland Around the World is happening this week! - Rave Jungle - July 21st, 2020
- Around the Bluhmin' Town: Dog days of summer have arrived - Verde Independent - July 21st, 2020