The asteroids are flying in Earths direction on trajectories dubbed by astronomers Earth Close Approaches. The asteroids will all come screaming by on Monday, September 30. NASA expects the first of the three tracked space rocks, Asteroid 2019 SH3, to appear around 2.37am BST (1.37am UTC) next week. On its closest approach, the rock will reach speeds of around 14.16km per second or 31,675mph (50,976kph).
According to NASAs Center for Near Earth Object Studies (CNEOS), all three space rocks are classified as Near-Earth Objects (NEOs).
NEOs are comets and asteroids trapped in the inner solar system that come very close to our planet.
Occasionally, an asteroid will come close enough to Earths orbit for NASA to monitor its trajectory for the possibility of impact.
The space agency said: As they orbit the Sun, Near-Earth Objects occasionally approach close to Earth.
FIND OUT MORE: How often do asteroids hit Earth? What is the danger
CNEOS calculates the motion of all NEOs forwards to 2200 AD and backwards to 1900 AD, and determines the times and distances of the Earth close approaches.
The first of the three asteroids is thespacerock known as Asteroid 2019 SH3.
Asteroid SH3 is the second largest of the trio, estimated to measure somewhere between 62.3ft to 137.8ft (19m to 42m) in diameter.
The asteroid is flying through space at speeds of around 31,675mph (50,976kph).
The rocks closest approach to Earth will occur around 2.37am BST (1.37am UTC) on Monday.
READ MORE:Expert fears NASA can't stop an asteroid impact - 'Insanely irresponsible'
Shortly after, Asteroid 2019 SN3 will skim the planet around 12.46pm BST (11.46am UTC).
The asteroid is the smallest of the three space rocks.
NASA estimates SN3 measures somewhere in the range of 42.6ft to 95ft (13m to 29m) across.
The asteroid is travelling through space at speeds of around 7.68km per second or 17,179mph (27,648kph).
READ MORE: Billions of people will die in asteroid impact - shock warning
The final of the three asteroids is the space rock known as Asteroid 2019 SP.
Asteroid SP measures in the range of 111.5ft to 249ft (34m to 76m) making it the largest of the trio.
The asteroid will close-in on Earths location around 6.41pm BST (5.41am UTC).
During the approach, NASA said the space rock will travel at speeds of 15.06km per second or 33,688mph (54,216kph).
Thankfully, there is no need to sound the alarm bells just yet because all three space rocks will safely miss the planet.
The closest of the three rocks, Asteroid SN3, will approach Earth from a distance of 0.00565 astronomical units.
A single astronomical unit equals about 93 million miles (149.6 million km), which is the distance from the Sun to Earth.
Asteroid SN3 will drastically cut this down to just 525,200 miles (845,227km) on Monday only twice as far as the Moon is.
Read the rest here:
- Naming a NASA Mars Rover Can Change Your Life - NASA Mars Exploration - October 24th, 2019
- Japan Sets Sights on Moon with NASA and India - Space.com - October 24th, 2019
- NASA Wants to Send a Probe to the Hellish Surface of Venus - WIRED - October 24th, 2019
- Jeff Bezos Blue Origin to Partner With 3 Companies on NASA Moon Lander - The New York Times - October 24th, 2019
- Caterpillar's autonomous vehicles may be used by NASA to mine the moon and build a lunar base - CNBC - October 24th, 2019
- NASA Needs to Get With the Times When It Comes to Planetary Protection, Report Finds - Space.com - October 24th, 2019
- India's Crashed Moon Lander Is Still Missing, And NASA Can't Find It Anywhere - ScienceAlert - October 24th, 2019
- NASA chief says the first human on Mars may be a woman - NBC News - October 24th, 2019
- Why it took so long for NASA to do the first all-female spacewalk - The Verge - October 24th, 2019
- NASA to confront swarm of asteroids with scientists hopeful of discovering origins of life - Express.co.uk - October 24th, 2019
- Could Chinese Astronauts Beat NASA Back to the Moon? - Motley Fool - October 24th, 2019
- Every $1 NASA spends drives up to $10 in growth, and that's great for the space industry, says man behind the UFO ETF - CNBC - October 24th, 2019
- The 1st Human on Mars May Be a Woman, NASA Chief Says - Space.com - October 24th, 2019
- NASA's Eyes on Extreme Weather - Teachable Moments - NASA/JPL Edu News - October 24th, 2019
- News | Mars 2020 Unwrapped and Ready for Testing - Jet Propulsion Laboratory - October 24th, 2019
- Success! NASA Confirms the Mole is Working Again. - Universe Today - October 24th, 2019
- NASA official says the first person on Mars may be a woman - Mashable SE Asia - October 24th, 2019
- Asteroid terror: NASA spot mammoth space rock to hit Earth's orbit five days before X-mas - Express.co.uk - October 24th, 2019
- NASA reveals how falling into black hole would be portal to another reality - Express.co.uk - October 24th, 2019
- NASA's Van Allen probes are no more, and we owe them a lot - MIT Technology Review - October 24th, 2019
- NASA's New Space Suits Will Fit Men and Women Alike (for Once) - WIRED - October 16th, 2019
- Moon VIPER: NASA Wants to Send a Water-Sniffing Rover to the Lunar South Pole in 2022 - Space.com - October 16th, 2019
- NASA's 1st SLS Megarocket Launch to the Moon Could Be Delayed to 2021 - Space.com - October 16th, 2019
- See NASA's new spacesuits for the moon and beyond - CNN - October 16th, 2019
- NASA's first all-female spacewalk will now take place this week - NBC News - October 16th, 2019
- NASA's Hubble space telescope just took incredible photos of a visiting comet from another star system - INSIDER - October 16th, 2019
- After Sparring, NASA and SpaceX Declare a Shared Mission - The New York Times - October 16th, 2019
- Dream Chaser Space Plane Begins Full Assembly Ahead Of First NASA Mission In 2021 - Forbes - October 16th, 2019
- NASA's 'Mole' Is Digging Below The Surface of Mars Again Thanks to an Ingenious Hack - ScienceAlert - October 16th, 2019
- NASA's Plan to Rescue InSights Stuck Heat Probe Appears to Be Working - Gizmodo - October 16th, 2019
- Asteroid news: NASA is tracking two rogue space rocks barrelling towards Earth this month - Express.co.uk - October 16th, 2019
- An all-female Delta team flew 120 girls to NASA to get them excited about aviation careers - CNN - October 16th, 2019
- Supernova morphs and its shock waves reverse in stunning new NASA video - Fox News - October 16th, 2019
- NASA scientist creates engine concept that can reach 'close to the speed of light' - Fox News - October 16th, 2019
- NASA news: Incredible Space Station pictures reveal auroras glowing in Earth's atmosphere - Express.co.uk - October 16th, 2019
- NASA and USGS reveal stunning infrared aerial photos in Earth As Art project - Express.co.uk - October 16th, 2019
- Today's the Last Chance to Send Your Name to Mars on NASA's 2020 Rover - Space.com - October 1st, 2019
- NASA signals openness to change with new Solar System exploration hire - Ars Technica - October 1st, 2019
- 'Destiny 2: Shadowkeep' has a NASA Easter egg buried on the moon - Mashable - October 1st, 2019
- India's Lost Moon Lander Is Somewhere in This NASA Photo - Space.com - October 1st, 2019
- NASA will air a gazillion ISS spacewalks over the next few months - CNET - October 1st, 2019
- Asteroid alert: NASA tracked rock about to skim Earth at 23,400mph tonight - Will it hit? - Express.co.uk - October 1st, 2019
- A black hole is shredding a star, and NASA caught the incredible space event on camera - USA TODAY - October 1st, 2019
- NASA news: An incredible black hole appeared on Jupiter - What is this 'dramatic image'? - Express.co.uk - October 1st, 2019
- NASA's Astronaut GIFs Take Texting to an Awesomely Nerdy Level - WFAA.com - October 1st, 2019
- Former NASA astronaut Scott Kelly tells crowd at UCCS to 'do the hard things' - Colorado Springs Gazette - October 1st, 2019
- Send your name to the Red Planet on NASA's Mars 2020 Rover - WFTV Orlando - October 1st, 2019
- Watch SpaceX Test Its Crew Dragon’s Escape System - September 14th, 2019
- Watch a Robot Fish Fly by Shooting Water out of Its Rear - September 14th, 2019
- Residents Are Trying to Flee Russian Town Where Snow Turned Black - September 14th, 2019
- This Startup Will Send DNA From Your Spit to the Moon for $99 - September 14th, 2019
- FBI Investigation Targets Trump Booster Peter Thiel’s VC Firm - September 14th, 2019
- YouTube Influencers Are Mentally Collapsing From Stress - September 14th, 2019
- A Driver Tricked Uber’s Algorithm, Sexually Assaulted a Passenger - September 14th, 2019
- Toyota Wants to Slather Solar Panels All Over Its Prius Hybrid - September 14th, 2019
- A Runaway Star Is Escaping a Black Hole at 1.2 Million MPH - September 14th, 2019
- Putin Critic Uses Drone to Save Hard Drives Before Police Raid - September 14th, 2019
- Airbus Planes Will Track How Often Passengers Go to the Bathroom - September 14th, 2019
- Watch a Tesla Model X Blast Through Deep Flood Waters - September 14th, 2019
- Milky Way’s Giant Black Hole Lets out Two Giant, Radioactive Burps - September 14th, 2019
- Instagram Keeps Accidentally Flagging Fish Photos as Offensive - September 14th, 2019
- MIT Community Horrified by Famed Researcher’s Epstein Outburst - September 14th, 2019
- Unlike MIT, Harvard Cut Off Epstein Donations After Conviction - September 14th, 2019
- MIT Team “Accidentally” Invents Blackest Material in Existence - September 14th, 2019
- Horrifying Study: Corpses Thrash Around For a Year After Death - September 14th, 2019
- French Gov Official Warns Facebook: Libra Is Not Welcome Here - September 14th, 2019
- NASA - Wikipedia - May 30th, 2019
- News | NASA's Mars 2020 Mission Drops in on Death Valley - May 30th, 2019
- atheism | Definition, Philosophy, & Comparison to ... - May 28th, 2019
- Atheism | CARM.org - May 28th, 2019
- Atheism - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - May 28th, 2019
- atheism r/atheism - reddit: the front page of the internet - May 28th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: This Week on Bitfinex, Tether, Coinbase, & More - May 25th, 2019
- Ripple Price Forecast: XRP vs SWIFT, SEC Updates, and More - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Looking Past the Bithumb Crypto Hack - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Bitcoin ETFs, Andreessen Horowitz, and Contradictions in Crypto - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: XRP Validators, Malta, and Practical Tokens - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Bitcoin ETF Rejection, AMD Microchip Sales, and Hedge Funds - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: What You Need to Know This Week - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: New Exchanges Could Boost Crypto Liquidity - May 25th, 2019