FUTURISTS have revealed what the world might look like once the coronavirus crisis finally comes to an end.
The Sun spoke to two professional futurologists who think we could see the end of the "9 to 5", mass "prepping" and even more people driving cars.
Future-gazing Brit Tom Cheesewright reckons we'll soon see an end to normal working hours.
"Smart companies will realise that human beings aren't robots and let us work in more productive ways," Tom told The Sun.
"That means mapping the working day to your body clock so you get enough sleep. Working in bursts not long stretches.
"And breaking it up with some exercise," he added.
The number of people working from home has risen sharply and it's hard to imagine all office workers reverting to their old life.
So says Ian Pearson, a renowned futurist who thinks we'll see more people spending ditching the commute altogether in a post-coronavirus world.
"Closer to home, with everyone familiar with home working, many will stay at home more often," said Ian, speaking to The Sun.
"So there will be a bit less commuting, with less congestion, less pollution, and lower CO2."
Before 2020, people largely saw "preppers" doomsday-obsessed people who stockpile supplies and build bunkers as a bit nutty.
But Tom reckons the practice of prepping will be significantly more popular in years to come.
"The ultra-rich in the US have been prepping for years," Tom explained.
"It's a point of pride for Silicon Valley magnates that they all have a holiday home/bunker filled with enough tinned food and weapons to survive the zombie apocalypse.
"More people in the UK might now start to follow their example, turning spare rooms over to storage for every eventuality."
Health technology, expertise and techniques have been improved steadily but all health systems struggle under the weight of a pandemic.
Now national health infrastructure is more vital than ever, so Ian thinks much money will be poured into healthcare from now on.
"There is a little re-levelling of attitudes in our class system," said Ian.
"We're being forced to realise which people are really essential in running our society and also that some really are just decoration."Some benefits are political. Everyone right now appreciates the massive efforts of every health care worker looking after victims.
"But once it's over, it is important that the NHS as a whole is reformed to make sure it is much better able to cope the next time, and sadly there will be a next time.
"There will be much greater willingness to reform the NHS and make sure it is fit for purpose, not badly managed, inefficient and poorly focused as it has been."
And one big change could be bad for the environment: a boom in driving.
Tom thinks that more people will be pushed into using their own personal transport, which could make the rise of "green" electric vehicles more important than ever.
"Public transport is a scary place in a pandemic," said Tom.
"People have been turning away from cars for a while, learning to drive later in life. But that trend might slow post-coronavirus with a bump in car buying for those whose finances allow."
You can find Tom Cheesewright at his website, or the Talk About Tomorrow podcast.
And you can find Ian Pearson at his website, or his blog.
TOASTY TESTChina's 'artificial sun' SIX TIMES hotter than real Sun 'to be ready this year'
PLAGUE PITEerie Black Death mass grave with dozens of bodies unearthed after 700 years
SHOOTING STARComet that may be the 'brightest in 20 years' will soar across sky this month
FLU GOTTA BE KIDDING MECoronavirus conspiracies including claims it was 'made by CIA'
POLAR OPPOSITEWarm rainforest covered 'most of West Antarctica' around 90million years ago
THINK PINKRare 'Super Pink Moon' will fill skies next week how to spot it
In other news, we debunk some of the zaniest coronavirus conspiracy theories out there.
Check out our guide to the best apps for working from home.
And criminals are taking advantage of the COVID-19 outbreak bysending scam emailsclaiming to be from the WHO.
Do you agree with these predictions? Let us know in the comments!
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at email@example.com
- Scientists Find New Evidence Europa Is Shooting Water Into Space - May 15th, 2020
- The Pandemic Has Seriously Confused Machine Learning Systems - May 15th, 2020
- Out-of-Control Chinese Rocket Reportedly Dropped Debris on Africa - May 15th, 2020
- Neuroscientist: Conventional Computers Will Never Be Conscious - May 15th, 2020
- US Officials: Chinese Hackers Are Targeting Vaccine Research - May 15th, 2020
- Facebook Will Pay Mods $52M For Trauma From Gore, Sexual Abuse - May 15th, 2020
- This Hyper-Realistic Game Engine Looks Almost Like Real Life - May 15th, 2020
- Microsoft Is Buying COVID-19 Patients’ Blood for Biotech Research - May 15th, 2020
- WHO: The Coronavirus Might Be Here Forever - May 15th, 2020
- Scientists Have a Promising New Idea to Defeat the Coronavirus - May 15th, 2020
- US Military Releases New Info About Navy UFO Videos - May 15th, 2020
- This Delightful AI Generates Words That Sound Real But Aren’t - May 15th, 2020
- Tesla Leak Describes Upcoming “Million Mile” Battery - May 15th, 2020
- This Wiggly Mars Rover Is the Silliest Thing We’ve Ever Seen - May 15th, 2020
- Brain Implant Allows Blind People to “See” Letters - May 15th, 2020
- Astronomers: Some Stars Have Something Akin to a Heartbeat - May 15th, 2020
- Amazing Vid Shows What You’d See If Rockets Were Transparent - May 15th, 2020
- Stressed Out? Get These Delicious, High Quality CBD Gummies Delivered to Your Door. - May 15th, 2020
- Research Spacecraft May Pass Through Tail of Dead Comet - May 15th, 2020
- For the First Time Ever, the Price of Oil is Now Negative - Futurism - April 27th, 2020
- COVID Patients Are Getting Mysterious and Deadly Blood Clots - Futurism - April 27th, 2020
- Space Force Unveils Its First Weapon, a Satellite Jammer - April 26th, 2020
- Elon Musk Says the Starlink Network Will Go Live in Six Months - April 26th, 2020
- Hospitals Are Using iPads to Turn Robot Dogs Into Doctors - April 26th, 2020
- Bill Gates: COVID Is Like a World War, Except for One Thing - April 26th, 2020
- Scientists May Be Close to Understanding Why the Universe Exists - April 26th, 2020
- Researchers Want to Explore Mars Using “Nanocardboard” Aircraft - April 26th, 2020
- COVID Patients Are Getting Mysterious and Deadly Blood Clots - April 26th, 2020
- 19 Objects Near Jupiter May Be From Outside the Solar System - April 26th, 2020
- These Billionaires Are Making a Killing Off the Pandemic - April 26th, 2020
- Chinese COVID-19 Vaccine Effective in Monkeys - April 26th, 2020
- Lysol Begs Customers Not to Drink Its Cleaning Products - April 26th, 2020
- Trump Suggests Injecting COVID Patients With Disinfectant, UV Light - April 26th, 2020
- NASA Develops Ventilator to Treat Coronavirus Patients - April 26th, 2020
- Black Hole Devours Outside of Star, Leaves Core Behind - April 26th, 2020
- NASA: Don’t Break Quarantine to Watch SpaceX Launch Astronauts - April 26th, 2020
- US Ditches Global Team Helping Develop COVID Vaccine - April 26th, 2020
- China Will Launch Mars Mission “In Coming Months” - April 26th, 2020
- Experts: Social Distancing Is “Biggest Challenge” Humanity Faces - April 26th, 2020
- Nasty Images Show How Bacteria Colonize Your Tongue - April 2nd, 2020
- Experts Say Childbirth During the Pandemic Can Be Traumatic - April 2nd, 2020
- Russia Quarantines Nuclear Sub Crew After Coronavirus Exposure - April 2nd, 2020
- Experts Say Putting Multiple Patients on One Ventilator Is Unsafe - April 2nd, 2020
- This Guy Took a Photo of the ISS from His Backyard - April 2nd, 2020
- “Immunity Passports” Could Help Society Get Back to Normal - April 2nd, 2020
- The Coronavirus Has Now Killed More Americans Than September 11 - April 2nd, 2020
- New App Attempts to Detect Signs of COVID-19 Using Voice Analysis - April 2nd, 2020
- 5 Ways an Electric Bike Will Change Your Life - April 2nd, 2020
- Scientists: Astronauts Could Build Moon Base Using Human Urine - April 2nd, 2020
- GE Workers Protest: We Want To Build Ventilators, Let Us Build Ventilators - April 2nd, 2020
- Scientists Debut System to Translate Thoughts Directly Into Text - April 2nd, 2020
- SpaceX Starship “User Guide” Details Private Cabins, Common Areas - April 2nd, 2020
- Poison in the Hearts of Stars Can Make Them Explode - April 2nd, 2020
- Elon Musk is Shipping Free Ventilators to Hospitals Worldwide - April 2nd, 2020
- This Startup’s Computer Chips Are Powered by Human Neurons - April 2nd, 2020
- MIT Professor: Guidelines to Stay Six Feet Apart Aren’t Enough - April 2nd, 2020
- Secret U.S. Intelligence Report: China Hid The Size of the Pandemic - April 2nd, 2020
- Bill Gates: US “Missed the Opportunity” to Prevent Catastrophe - April 2nd, 2020
- Poison in the Hearts of Stars Can Make Them Explode - Futurism - April 2nd, 2020
- New App Attempts to Detect Signs of COVID-19 Using Voice Analysis - Futurism - April 2nd, 2020
- This Guy Took a Photo of the ISS from His Backyard - Futurism - April 2nd, 2020
- A futurist told us a pandemic would cancel all travel heres what he says will happen next - Telegraph.co.uk - April 2nd, 2020
- 101-Year-Old Man Who Survived 1918 Flu Beats Coronavirus, Too - Futurism - April 2nd, 2020
- The US Space Force Is About to Finally Leave the Planet - Futurism - April 2nd, 2020
- Secret U.S. Intelligence Report: China Hid The Size of the Pandemic - Futurism - April 2nd, 2020
- World-renowned futurist on how the world will change after Covid-19 - 702 - April 2nd, 2020
- What Will Travel Look Like After the Pandemic? - Fodor's Travel - April 2nd, 2020
- The COVID-19th Century: An expert predicts a post-pandemic world - The Age - April 2nd, 2020
- Elon Musk: NY Gigafactory Will Reopen to Produce Ventilators - Futurism - April 2nd, 2020
- Experimental App Wants To See If It Can Detect COVID-19 By Listening To Your Voice - Ubergizmo - April 2nd, 2020
- It actually may be the end of the world as we know it - The Boston Globe - April 2nd, 2020
- Dance This Mess Around: When Georgia Recreated Rock n Roll - The New York Times - April 2nd, 2020
- What's at the end of the coronavirus tunnel? Local scholars share some ideas - The San Diego Union-Tribune - April 2nd, 2020
- Futurism Art Term | Tate - March 31st, 2020
- Futurism - Literature | Britannica - March 31st, 2020
- Scientists Say There Could Be Life on Mercury - Futurism - March 31st, 2020
- Mexican Protesters Complain That Americans Are Spreading COVID-19 - Futurism - March 31st, 2020
- Scientists Discover That a Squid Can Edit Its Own Genetic Code - Futurism - March 31st, 2020
- The Coronavirus Holy Grail: Testing Whether You're Immune - Futurism - March 31st, 2020
- Spreading COVID-19 on Purpose? You Could Be Charged With Terrorism. - Futurism - March 31st, 2020