Pam Murray walks along her spiritual path, going where it takes her.
She is the author of several books on achieving dreams, miracles and successes in life, including Live Impossibly: Go Beyond Yourself and The New Success: How to Redefine, Create & Survive Your Own Success.
Murray is writing another book and at the time of the interview was preparing for her participation in the Quilt Festival. She pursues her interests with passion and energy, whether its writing, quilting or prayer and meditation.
Ive been traveling a lot. Ive been fortunate to teach workshops all over the world, she said. The short version: I teach people to create the life of their dreams.
As far as being on her spiritual path: I was born on it. As a child, she just knew things, and she recalls an experience in her room. I was supposed to be cleaning my room, she said. I didnt like cleaning my room. Her mother happened to walk past her just as she said, Oh Jesus. Her mom came in ready to wash her mouth out with soap but there she was, holding a picture of Jesus. It was just a conversation.
I remember holding the hand of my Guardian Angels. Im a Christian and an ordained minister. All the religions have within them the seed of love and truth, she said.
Murray holds a doctorate from the University of Metaphysics now located in Sedona, Ariz.
Shes studied many things: Ancient Jewish mysteries, religions, writings on creating miracles and anything she found interesting. Her calling is to teach people tools and exercises to help them discover their spiritual path and live a happy, successful life. I call myself a practical mystic. If it doesnt work, Im not much interested. Jesus was so very practical, teaching us so much about simplicity and letting go, she said.
Murray teaches people the spirit of manifestation: How to manifest, or create, the life you want to lead. Its really simple and not always easy, she said.
She spent 11 years at Boeing, became bored, then went to another division in the company as an executive in growing organizational development.
I had a gift for personal development guiding, she said. Everywhere I went, I started a newsletter and studied my craft. I took a lot of classes and wrote hundreds of articles that went all over the world.
Murray spent a few years at Unity Church in Bellevue as a lay minister training director. Murray wrote her first book in 1991-92.
I wake up everyday and spend time in prayer and meditation, she said. Her home has a beautiful sunroom that she dedicated to this sole purpose. She also built a labyrinth in her backyard. Its not a maze to increase stress and frustration, quite the opposite. Its a defined pathway to encourage being in the present and leaving your problems behind you.
Its very calming if youve had a rough day. Its marked for you to clear your mind. Just follow the path, she said. If you have a problem, state it and ask for the solution at the entrance, then come to the center. Then walk back out and the solution comes to you in a flash of the obvious.
My 20s were so awful, then came my early 30s in mystery schools. Things didnt start coming together until I was in my 30s. Now, I open myself up to the unknown possibilities and bring in extreme blessings of abundance in all its forms, she said. This is a daily endeavor founded on clarity and the freedom of letting go.
In all days, be guided, she said, I wake up every day and spend time in prayer and meditation. Most things, I dont stress about anymore. I make my stress. I want to use time for intentional living. Im going to stay peaceful to the extent possible.
Im doing what I can, as much as I can now, as I start to slow down. My 96-year-old aunt says do as much as you can. From spending time with family and grandchildren to planning future activities, she is doing quite a lot.
Currently, shes planning a European river cruise, making more baby quilts for charity, finishing the landscaping of her home and reminiscing on her recent performance in The Little Theatre of Walla Wallas play Calendar Girls.
One simple, but huge thing she gained from The Course in Miracles was the belief that I can choose peace. I use that for present and future. Now that Im rounding the corner in my 800-mile run of life, Ive lived longer than Im going to and I have no more some days, she said. Right here, right now, Pam Murray is enjoying life.
- The Spiritual Disunity of the West - The Atlantic - December 7th, 2019
- Reading the Signs, Spreading the Word: New England Spirituality Publishers - Publishers Weekly - December 7th, 2019
- The NFL tried to fine the Saints' Demario Davis for his 'Man of God' headband. Here's what happened next - Yahoo Sports - December 7th, 2019
- How the super-rich harness their spiritual side (with a little help from LA spiritualists with lengthy waiting lists) - Telegraph.co.uk - December 7th, 2019
- Finding Your Way Without a Spiritual GPS - Patheos - December 7th, 2019
- Get Your Mind, Body And Soul Ready For 2020 With These 7 Spiritual Gifts - Essence - December 7th, 2019
- Renovating your spiritual home - The Irish Catholic - December 7th, 2019
- On the Spiritual and Physical Boobytraps of a Creative Life - Talkhouse - December 7th, 2019
- Tanya, your road to spiritual health - Arutz Sheva - December 7th, 2019
- A Survey on the Integration of Spiritual Care in Medical Schools from | AMEP - Dove Medical Press - December 7th, 2019
- [LETTER] The truth about spiritual warfare - Newcastle Advertiser - December 7th, 2019
- Spiritually Speaking: Surrender to peace in this war on Christmas - Wicked Local Walpole - December 7th, 2019
- Dont Believe in God? Lie to Your Children - The Wall Street Journal - December 7th, 2019
- Mystery novel blends spiritual with the procedural - Daily Journal - December 7th, 2019
- This Is Spiritually More Beneficial Than Fasting, How To Avoid Pitfalls Of Living In Sin, and More! - National Catholic Register - December 7th, 2019
- Spirituality: If you stick with Jesus, he'll keep you on course - Norwich Bulletin - November 22nd, 2019
- Spirituality is resolution to every problem: Veena - Daily Pioneer - November 22nd, 2019
- Overcoming Spiritual Programming: The Journey From Fear To Freedom | Spiritual Freedom - Patheos - November 22nd, 2019
- Spiritual transformations in the middling years - Global Sisters Report - November 22nd, 2019
- Religion and Spirituality Books Preview: December 2019 - Publishers Weekly - November 22nd, 2019
- A Spiritual Tour of Cuba - Post News Group - November 22nd, 2019
- This is spiritually more beneficial than fasting, according to St. John of the Cross - Aleteia EN - November 22nd, 2019
- Spiritual warfare and pornography - Arlington Catholic Herald - November 22nd, 2019
- The Spiritual and Ecological Role of the Condor in the North Coast - KCET - November 22nd, 2019
- IMPACThought: Is your spiritual home built on firm foundation? - The Hartsville Vidette - November 22nd, 2019
- Letter: Editorial: Building spiritual muscle with education and immigration - Baptist Standard - November 22nd, 2019
- Never alone: How Spiritual Ideas Work In Us - Patch.com - November 22nd, 2019
- Spiritually Speaking: A lover of the first snow - Wicked Local Walpole - November 22nd, 2019
- Spiritual Motels: making sense of the world with Super Tiny Disappearing Oceans - San Diego Reader - November 22nd, 2019
- After The Ritual: The Messiness of Spiritual Growth | what to do after a ritual - Patheos - November 22nd, 2019
- As Indian mental health research sphere is penetrated by pseudo-spiritual influences, it's time medical... - Firstpost - November 22nd, 2019
- Baylor regents hear report from spirituality and character study - Baptist Standard - November 6th, 2019
- Religion and Spirituality Book Deals: November 6, 2019 - Publishers Weekly - November 6th, 2019
- These Celebrities Say Their Spiritual Journeys Have Benefitted Their Lives And Careers - Forbes - November 6th, 2019
- Why modern yoga should be more spiritual and less narcissistic - The Guardian - November 6th, 2019
- Trump's new 'spiritual adviser' thinks saying no to him is like saying no to God - The indy100 - November 6th, 2019
- Wealth inequality and spiritual currency | Torah Study - Jewish News of Greater Phoenix - November 6th, 2019
- Spirituality as Joy the Art of Spokane's Brittney Trambitas - spokanefavs.com - November 6th, 2019
- Rome's MAXXI celebrates the spiritual in art - Wanted in Rome - November 6th, 2019
- The spiritual value of Halloween - The News Star - November 6th, 2019
- "Harriet" Director on the Film's Themes of Spirituality, Love, and Family - UrbanFaith - November 6th, 2019
- Bronx-based nurse speaks on 'Spirituality and Health' - Caribbean Life - November 6th, 2019
- Classic ink paintings on show reveal the spiritual 'xieyi' style - Chinadaily USA - November 6th, 2019
- Are Humans Here in Search of a Corporeal or Spiritual Experience? - The Good Men Project - November 6th, 2019
- Festival takes care of mental, physical and spiritual health - Cyprus Mail - November 6th, 2019
- These Sunglasses Have "Spiritual Healing" Properties Thanks to a Tiny Detail on Their Frames - Yahoo Lifestyle - November 6th, 2019
- Meet the Spiritual Leader of the Hong Kong Protests - The Atlantic - November 6th, 2019
- In Japan, supernatural beliefs connect the spiritual realm with the earthly objects around us - The Conversation AU - November 6th, 2019
- Religious and spiritual online forums consist of chaotic, impactful ideas - Lamron - November 6th, 2019
- Spiritual Reflections: Grumbling, for many, is never just grumbling - SW News Media - November 6th, 2019
- Kasi Lemmons And The Spiritual Journey of 'Harriet' - HuffPost - November 6th, 2019
- Spirituality at Tufts: The Humanist Approach - Tufts Now - October 16th, 2019
- on the spiritual matter of art - Announcements - E-Flux - October 16th, 2019
- My Bhutan Pilgrimage-ish, Part Tourism, Part Leaning into the Spirituality of a Himalayan Buddhist Country - Patheos - October 16th, 2019
- Rudy Giulianis Ukraine smear pals courted powerful Jewish spiritual leaders and right-wing backers of Israe - New York Daily News - October 16th, 2019
- Amazon Synod Press Briefing: The spiritual dynamic of the Synod - Vatican News - October 16th, 2019
- Education, compensation, and spiritual outreach protect threatened whale sharks - Mongabay.com - October 16th, 2019
- "A Spiritual Experience": The Artist Behind a Rediscovered Last Supper Talks About Its Creation - Washingtonian - October 16th, 2019
- 500 SoCal Spiritualists, Marianne Williamson, and UCSD's PC Princess || PC Princess - The UCSD Guardian Online - October 16th, 2019
- Why Gitanjali JB wants to put the soul and spirituality back in Indian education - EdexLive - October 16th, 2019
- A man walked into a wild corner of Hatcher Pass last year on a spiritual quest. He never came out. - Anchorage Daily News - October 16th, 2019
- The Spiritual Need for the Arts - Juneau Empire - October 16th, 2019
- Pharrell on Evolving Masculinity, "Blurred Lines," and "Spiritual Warfare" - GQ - October 16th, 2019
- Rashad and Monica Bey - News-Talk 1380 WAOK - October 16th, 2019
- Exeter Cathedral to host 'spiritual' underwater video game service inspired by Jonah and the Whale - The Telegraph - October 16th, 2019
- Education & Health Experts fear new Quebec legislation will further erode religion in schools October 16 - Grandin Media - October 16th, 2019
- Spiritual Reflections: Even for a Midwesterner, work and play can be balanced - SW News Media - October 16th, 2019
- Opinion | Graham Rockingham: A year of living spiritually without religion - TheSpec.com - October 16th, 2019
- Workplace and spirituality: Meeting of opposites - The Manila Times - October 1st, 2019
- The spiritual meaning of St. Michaels name reminds us how we should live our lives - Aleteia EN - October 1st, 2019
- Kourtney Kardashian Opens Up About Her New Venture and Why She Wont Force Spirituality on Her Kids - PEOPLE.com - October 1st, 2019
- This Spiritual Fitness Experience Is Coming to Philly for the First Time Ever - phillymag.com - October 1st, 2019
- 4 Misconceptions That Keep You From Growing Spiritually - Patheos - October 1st, 2019
- 'My Year of Living Spiritually' is a book for the spiritual but not religious - rabble.ca - October 1st, 2019
- Religion and Spirituality Books Preview: October 2019 - Publishers Weekly - October 1st, 2019
- Critic's Notebook: 'This Way Up' Is More Than a Spiritual Cousin to 'Fleabag' - Hollywood Reporter - October 1st, 2019
- Knead & Seed is a haven for spiritual, emotional wellness in Sag Harbor - Northforker - October 1st, 2019
- This Darshan and one-day retreat in Eagle will bring spiritual awareness to all who attend - Vail Daily News - October 1st, 2019
- Panday honoured in Tobago by Spiritual Baptist - Trinidad Guardian - October 1st, 2019
- Institute for Priestly Formation puts spiritual lives of priests front and center - The Catholic Spirit - October 1st, 2019