LONDON When it came time for Aurimas imonlis to attend university, he wanted to study somewhere bigger and more diverse than his little Lithuanian hometown.
He wanted to expand his cultural and intellectual horizons, but did not anticipate the spiritual growth he would undergo after moving to London.
For a while, Aurimas struggled to adapt to the new environment. Though he loved the many cultures and opportunities he found in London, he quickly realized how lonely the city could be. With so many people and so many cultures, it seems like its easy to make friends, he said, but actually, cultural barriers can make it really difficult. Its easy to feel so alone.
As he pressed on through his first year of school, he continued searching for meaning amid his feelings of loneliness. One sunny summer day, Aurimas was enjoying a walk at the park when he met two young men in white shirts and ties. They greeted him and began speaking with him about their purpose as missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
As they spoke, Aurimas was impressed with their willingness to give up two years of their lives to preach what they believed. I was interested in their message because I had never really had religious beliefs, and meeting people my age with such strong beliefs was so different, he said.
This meeting set him on the path to discovering an even greater purpose for his move to London.
Aurimas began meeting with the missionaries weekly. He loved reading the stories in The Book of Mormon and felt uplifted by the experiences of the people therein. The missionaries encouraged Aurimas to get down on his knees and ask God to know if The Book of Mormon and the Church were true.
I had never really prayed before, and I felt a little weird about it at first, he said. But when I did it, I was surprised at how good I felt. After the first time, I began praying every morning and night because I loved how it felt.
For two weeks, he prayed at least twice a day to know if the Church was true. It felt so right that I knew it wasnt just a temporal thing. I knew the feelings were coming from God.
After receiving that sure witness from the Holy Ghost, he decided to be baptized and become a member of the Church.
Aurimas testified that many blessings in his life have come from that decision, especially the presence of the Holy Ghost guiding him through daily prayer. Before I began praying regularly, I had to rely on my own thoughts to determine right from wrong, he said. But now, talking to my Father in Heaven certainly helps me to know the good and the bad more clearly and my feelings are so much stronger.
Besides gaining more spiritual clarity, becoming a member of the Church provided him with the sense of community he had been searching for since he arrived in London. I no longer feel the loneliness that I did when I first arrived. I know this is where God wants me to be.
Now, Aurimas tries to share the happiness that he has gained as much as he can with the people around him. Whether its people I know at school, or even people I dont know, I always want to share these truths because I know they can change lives for the better, he said.
Aurimas has some advice for anyone who feels like they are in darkness or, like they cant find answers to their souls deepest questions.
He said, Remember the times when you have felt guided in your lifeRemember those feelings, and it will help you find the answers youre looking for.
Continue reading here:
- A Spiritual Walk: What is your perfect vision for healing the world? - New Baltimore Voice Newspapers - August 10th, 2020
- ISSUES OF FAITH: The spirituality of the ordinary - Peninsula Daily News - August 10th, 2020
- SPIRITUALLY SPEAKING: It is our religious calling - News - Wicked Local Plymouth - August 10th, 2020
- The Orthodox Female Spiritual Leader Working with Converts - Jewish Journal - August 10th, 2020
- As coronavirus curtails travel, backyard pilgrimages become the way to a spiritual journey - The Conversation US - August 10th, 2020
- For Ottessa Moshfegh, Novel Writing Is a Spiritual Experience - The Nation - August 10th, 2020
- The role of kindness in the spiritual life - Aleteia IT - August 10th, 2020
- Why Mennonites, Lutherans and other say farming has a spiritual side - Deseret News - August 10th, 2020
- SPIRITUALLY SPEAKING: A trip to the movies - Milford Daily News - August 10th, 2020
- The pandemic can be more than purgatory. It can be a time of deep spiritual formation. - The Dallas Morning News - August 10th, 2020
- Police violence meets spiritual resistance in the struggle over DAPL - NationofChange - August 10th, 2020
- Spiritually Speaking: Don't Throw Your Own Pity Party and Attend - Dallasweekly - August 10th, 2020
- Spiritual Reflections: It has been a season of humility - SW News Media - August 10th, 2020
- Live: Raising Emotionally and Spiritually Healthy Bochurim - Anash.org - Good News - August 10th, 2020
- KATHIE DEASY Ironclad sparks ideas of being armed in spiritual iron - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News - August 10th, 2020
- '90 Day Fianc': Kalani and Asuelu Reveal Their Rare, Unconventional Shared Spiritual Belief in New Sneak Peek - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - August 10th, 2020
- Adult faith formation thriving although different due to COVID - Baptist News Global - August 10th, 2020
- As coronavirus curtails travel, backyard pilgrimages become the way to a spiritual journey - The Wilton Bulletin - August 10th, 2020
- New Book Offers Much Needed Spiritual Nourishment to Caregivers - PRNewswire - August 10th, 2020
- National webinar on "How to manage stress through science and spirituality" organized - Nagpur News - August 10th, 2020
- Ayala: San Antonios little-known spiritual forest will be preserved in perpetuity - San Antonio Express-News - August 10th, 2020
- Health First's Pastoral Care Teams Turn to Technology to Deliver Spiritual Care and Compassion - SpaceCoastDaily.com - August 10th, 2020
- Katy Perry said she and Orlando Bloom bound by 'spiritual evolution' - Insider - INSIDER - August 10th, 2020
- Global Spiritual Forum The Island - The Island.lk - August 10th, 2020
- From the Archive: Going to a spiritual place in Barry - Barry and District News - August 10th, 2020
- Suikoden Creators On Making A Spiritual Follow-Up To The Classic JRPG - GameSpot - August 10th, 2020
- Why Irans highest spiritual chief Khamenei began a Twitter account in Hindi, know the motive - Pledge Times - August 10th, 2020
- City Lights: Sit with Yuri Schwebler's Spiritual Art or Probe Your Psyche with Project Implicit - Washington City Paper - August 10th, 2020
- SPIRITUALLY SPEAKING: A trip to the movies - Wicked Local Sharon - August 9th, 2020
- World Music Innovators Turning Jewels Into Water Fuse The Spiritual With Digital On Their New Album - Recording Academy | Grammys - August 9th, 2020
- Ram Temple a great place to take plunge into the pool of spirituality, will promote spiritual tourism, says Tourism Minister Prahlad Singh Patel - New... - August 9th, 2020
- Small Changes Can Lead to Big Results | Spiritual and Physical Wellness - ChicagoNow - August 9th, 2020
- Life and Death Meet in Spiritual Arrog Adventure - GameIndustry.com - August 9th, 2020
- Spiritually Speaking: Beware those seeking a pat on the back - The Philadelphia Tribune - August 8th, 2020
- The lord of all beginnings - The New Indian Express - August 8th, 2020
- Ayahuasca spiritual enhancers, arthritis cures and bone wine: The disturbing rise in the illegal jaguar trade - The Independent - August 8th, 2020
- SPIRITUALLY SPEAKING: Look to the sky and behold its wonders - Wicked Local Plymouth - August 8th, 2020
- During coronavirus, monasteries and convents take spirituality online - DW (English) - August 8th, 2020
- PMs Ayodhya speech: It was technically pitch perfect, but there was little that was meditative and spiritua - The Times of India Blog - August 8th, 2020
- God is always with us, even when we don't recognize him - CatholicPhilly.com - August 8th, 2020
- Support in the time of pandemic - Brattleboro Reformer - August 7th, 2020
- PMs Ayodhya speech: It was technically pitch perfect, but there was little that was meditative and spiritua - Economic Times - August 7th, 2020
- Swamiji and Politics - The Statesman - August 7th, 2020
- Mercury opposing Pluto, Full Moon Mysteries and Spiritual "Walk-ins"! - BlogTalkRadio - August 7th, 2020
- One in Christ, one with the people of Lebanon - CatholicPhilly.com - August 7th, 2020
- Lord Ram temple will boost the Religious/Spiritual tourism: Tourism Minister Prahlad Singh Patel - Odisha Diary - August 5th, 2020
- Spiritual Formation at Bethel Seminary: A Life-changing Journey - Bethel University News - August 5th, 2020
- Ayahuasca 'spiritual enhancers', arthritis cures and 'bone' wine: The disturbing rise in the illegal jaguar trade - The Independent - August 5th, 2020
- Words of Faith: The oneness of humanity, a spiritual truth - Frederick News Post - August 5th, 2020
- Physiotherapist authors book on mental and spiritual health - New Era - August 5th, 2020
- unWrap - Physiotherapist authors book on mental and spiritual health - New Era - August 5th, 2020
- SPIRITUALLY SPEAKING: Look to the sky and behold its wonders - Wicked Local Wareham - August 5th, 2020
- Ujjvala Radio - The Yamas and Niyamas 08/04 by SURN Host | Spirituality - BlogTalkRadio - August 5th, 2020
- Dailt Spiritual Leader Should Have Been Called To Ayodhya Event: Mayawati - NDTV - August 5th, 2020
- Spiritually Speaking: A trip to the movies - Wicked Local Walpole - August 5th, 2020
- Distinguishing between the individuality of spirituality and unity of religion - Ke Alakai - August 4th, 2020
- Faith Sparks: Positive Aspects of Technology Can Enhance Spirituality - Diocese Of Norwich - August 4th, 2020
- No expendable generation: On the spirituality and strength of our vulnerable elders - The San Diego Union-Tribune - August 4th, 2020
- Coronavirus, mental health, and the spiritual life: A priest psychologist offers tips from St. Ignatius - The Catholic Telegraph - August 4th, 2020
- Local doctor discusses spirituality in the age of COVID-19 - WJTV - August 4th, 2020
- Ministering to spiritual needs on the front lines of COVID-19 - VAntage Point Blog - August 4th, 2020
- Uplift Your Spirit With The Spiritual Performance Of Yishay Zimrah In His Divine Number 'THE ONLY WAY' - Daily Music Roll - August 4th, 2020
- 7 Reasons Why Finding Love Is Important For Spiritual Growth - YourTango - August 4th, 2020
- Hampton Lutherans spiritual guidance perseveres through pandemic - York News-Times - August 4th, 2020
- Marilyn Hagerty: In some ways, it's been a bummer of a summer - Grand Forks Herald - August 4th, 2020
- This Is Your Captain Speaking, The Retail Sales Recovery Will Be Delayed - Retail Leader - August 4th, 2020
- Virtual Destination Mekong Summit to offer recommendations and insights for travel businesses during COVID-19 to prepare for a balanced tourism... - August 4th, 2020
- COVID-19: 115 countries are still closed to travelers - The Jakarta Post - Jakarta Post - August 4th, 2020
- 'Moments in Time' Sends a Subtle Message That No Photographer Should Miss - Fstoppers - August 4th, 2020
- Bubble waffles: The uniquely Hong Kong snack that's popping up around the world - CNN - August 4th, 2020
- Blue Apron Partners with New York Chef & Television Personality Amanda Freitag to Inspire Home Cooks to Revamp Their Fall Routine - PRNewswire - August 4th, 2020
- Emirates Resumes Flights to Kuwait City and Lisbon, Expanding Its Network to 70 Destinations - Al-Bawaba - August 4th, 2020
- The garden of spiritual wisdom - The New Indian Express - August 3rd, 2020
- Coronavirus, mental health, and the spiritual life: A priest psychologist offers tips from St. Ignatius - Catholic News Agency - August 3rd, 2020
- The Spiritual Opportunity of Working on Your Own Racism - Patheos - August 3rd, 2020
- Suikoden Creators On Making A Spiritual Successor To The Classic JRPG - GameSpot - August 3rd, 2020
- Stevie Nicks Is the Spiritual-Warrior Leader We Need: Wear a Mask and Stay In - Rolling Stone - August 3rd, 2020
- Understanding Hinduism: 4 Vedas the fountain heads of spirituality - Tehelka - August 3rd, 2020
- A Transporting New Exhibition Explores the Possibility That All Things Are Imbued With Spiritual LifeSee Artworks Here - artnet News - August 3rd, 2020
- 3 things to watch this weekend: Reese Witherspoon's spiritual sequel to Big Little Lies - News Lagoon - August 3rd, 2020