What is Spiritual Enlightenment?
Definition: Spiritual enlightenment is about aligning to the energy of your source. Its not about finding a pre-described process, but rather about following your inspiration and allowing your connection to the source and thus allowing the manifestation of your desires.
Spiritual Enlightenment From Ego to Spirit
Spiritual enlightenment is a very personal and complex experience, and a precise spiritual enlightenment definition can therefore be difficult to come up with. However, in general it is often referred as an expansion or a shift in consciousness from the ego to the spirit. It is a state where the ego no longer exists. A definition of spiritual enlightenment could therefore be the awakening to full consciousness.
Spiritual enlightenment is a vision, not an action. It changes how one sees the world. The world is no longer viewed by the ego, but is seen through the eyes of God/Source. The spirit is filled with unconditional love, and has no feelings of fear, anger, jealousy, competition etc. As you become spiritually enlightened, you will no longer hold on to these negative emotions created by the ego.
To see the world from the eyes of God/Source (instead of seeing the world from our ego), takes some practice and only a few people will ever be fully enlightened without any trace of the egoic mind remaining. So for most people, spiritual enlightenment is an ongoing process that will surprise and delight us for the rest of our lives.
As stated, spiritual enlightenment is an ongoing process, and most people will never be fully enlightened. But what are the stages of spiritual enlightenment into full bloom enlightenment? Let us categorize the spiritual enlightenment process into three stages:
1. As you leave your ego behind in the first stage of spiritual enlightenment, you stop worrying, analyzing, criticizing, and judging yourself and others. Your mind becomes still, quiet, and calm. You are very awake and present oriented. You need a lot of light in this first stage of spiritual enlightenment.
2. The second stage of spiritual enlightenment is about feeling connected to everything and everyone around you. Your soul starts merging with universal consciousness and you experience unconditional love. You are merging with light.
3. When you experience the oneness of God and the Universe, you enter the third and final stage of spiritual enlightenment. As an enlightened soul, you and the light are now one. You are now fully enlightened.
An enlightened person is connected to the Universal force.
An enlightened spirit leave a rich and fulfilled life and is driven by inspiration and passion. Spiritually enlightened people are connected to the Universal force and have therefore easy access to all the energy they need. This is why we often can see them work tirelessly to bring peace and harmony into the world. Furthermore, spiritually enlightened people have no fear of death and see the transition to the other side as something beautiful the reuniting with God/Spirit where there is no pain and suffering, only unconditional love. Becoming enlightened is a wonderful and magical experience where you have access to the Universal force energy that creates worlds!
As you become spiritually enlightened you will notice changes around you and within you. So what are the sings and symptoms of spiritual enlightenment?
Before answering this, let us first clarify the difference between sings and symptoms. A sign is something that can be objectively observed by others, and a symptom is experienced by you. So now, let us first learn about the signs of spiritual enlightenment.
As you become spiritually enlightened, people around you will notice that you are much happier, more confident with yourself, more content with your life, more calm and at the same time more passionate than ever before! They will also notice that everything is always working out for you, and that you often seem to meet the right people at the right time. They might even ask you if you have magical powers.
Happiness & passion are sings of spiritual enlightenment.
However, it is also possible that your friends and family will find you more stressed, irritated, or anxious than ever before. How can this be signs of spiritual enlightenment? Well, if you have recently awakened spiritually and are still at the first stage of spiritual enlightenment (see the stages above), you may still follow your ego from time to time, especially if your spiritual enlightenment has come about very quickly. If you listen to your ego instead of your inner voice, this inner resistance will become more apparent than ever before. In order to get balanced, you need to let go of your ego.
You cant go back to who you were before, now that you have become spiritually enlightened! You cant think bad of yourself and others, now that you have experience unconditional love this love that links us all together without feeling bad. You feel bad because your inner being is not agreeing with you. Your inner being can only feel unconditional love, and since you are now spiritually enlightened and fully connected, you feel bad when you cut off this connection.
Also, as you change, things around you will change, such as job, career, friends, hobby etc. Other spiritual enlightenment symptoms can be the need to withdraw from family members and friends. This has to do with old karmic bonds that have now been released, and you may need some time by yourself to regain your balance. As you become spiritually enlightened, you now stand from a new vantage point, and can build new and improved relationships, based on mutual love and respect.
Sings of Spiritual Enlightenment:
Enlightenment can help unlock psychic abilities.
Common symptoms of spiritual enlightenment are feelings of stability, harmony, inner peace, joy, appreciation, inspiration, and passion. Other symptoms of spiritual enlightenment are the increased and acute awareness of your emotions and your surroundings. The five senses are heightened and the sixth sense opens up or expands. Many people will develop their psychic abilities as they become spiritually enlightened and are able to communicate with the spirit world.
However, if you are at the first stage of spiritual enlightenment (see the stages above) and the spiritual enlightenment has come about very quickly, it is possible that your are still stuck with old negative thinking patterns (created by your ego). If you dont let go of your ego, you may experience uncomfortable spiritual enlightenment symptoms such as physical pain, heart palpitations, confusion, sadness, night sweats, change in sleep pattern, intense dreams etc.. These symptoms are signs of an inner resistance that you havent yet released.
Your inner resistance from your negative thoughts (ego) will become more apparent now that you have grown spiritually and have tasted the feeling of being spiritually enlightened. Negative thoughts vibrate much slower than positive thoughts. So, if you introduce negative thoughts now that you vibrate at a higher frequency, you will feel this collision much harder than ever before. Its like driving a car and hitting a tree the collision will hit harder if you drive at a higher speed!
Spiritual enlightenment is about letting go of your ego, and if you slip back to your negative habits created by your ego, you will suffer. So what do you do? You release your inner resistance by deliberately choosing a thought that feels better, and then choose another thought that feels even better etc.. As you keep up this (thought by thought, minute by minute, day by day), you raise your vibration and change your old thinking habits. You will no longer allow your ego to control your thoughts and life. Instead, you will regain your true power from your inner being!
Other symptoms of spiritual enlightenment are feelings of loneliness, increased self-talk, a feeling of going crazy, and a loss of passion. Remember that all these uncomfortable symptoms will pass as you let go of your ego. You release your ego by quieting your mind through meditation (see below), and by deliberately choosing a better feeling thoughts.
Spiritual Enlightenment Symptoms:
Now, lets see what you can do deliberately to reach spiritual enlightenment.
Depression or near death experiences are very common catalysts for spiritual enlightenment. However, you dont have to wait for something unpleasant to happen before you become spiritually enlightened.
Also, if you are on the first stage of spiritual enlightenment (see the stages above) but are not able to completely release your ego and are therefore experiencing unpleasant spiritual enlightenment symptoms there are things that you can do. So what are the best advice on how to become enlightened, and move beyond the ego?
In order to release your ego, and thus allow spiritual enlightenment, you need to quiet your mind and focus on something that feels better. Below are tips on how to become spiritually enlightened. Choose a discipline that feels inspiring to you!
The best advice on how to become enlightened is to start meditating 10 minutes everyday! There are many different kinds of meditation that can help you becoming enlightened. Easiest for most people, especially in the beginning, is to practice walking meditation. The purpose with walking meditation is to be more easily and intensely aware (mindful) of your body as you walk. This practice can be done out in nature, or as you walk to the grocery store!
Do you want to become more enlightened? Practice mindfulness meditation every day!
Mindfulness can also be practiced in a sitting position, and is then called mindfulness meditation. The purpose here is to relax your body and observe your inner and outer world with detachment. You will become more aware of your thoughts, emotions and surroundings. Also, as you learn to detach yourself from negative thoughts created by your ego, you will allow your inner voice to take its place. This shift in consciousness from the ego to the spirit, is a first step towards spiritual enlightenment. As you practice mindfulness on a regular basis, you will reach a steady place of spiritual enlightenment.
Guided meditation is a slightly different technique for spiritual enlightenment where you follow a guided voice (recorded or live) into an altered state of consciousness.
Transcendental meditation is also very helpful for spiritual enlightenment. It is done in a sitting position while chanting/focusing on a mantra to clear the mind. As you repeat only one thing/word (that holds no resistance), you create a space where the mind is just one step away from thinking nothing, and this state of mind opens up the door to experience spiritual enlightenment. The ultimate goal with transcendental meditation is to have an out of the body experience; a full blown spiritual enlightenment experience!
Prayer for Spiritual Enlightenment
Next, let us learn how to reach spiritual enlightenment through prayer. Prayer can also be a door opener for spiritual enlightenment if its done the right way. So what is prayer? Prayer is not asking or an appeal for help, but rather a silent contemplative listening for God. Be willing to wait for God, and have a peaceful and patient mind, and listen with your heart. As you open your heart, you allow the connection with God. You now have access to higher intelligence and to the Divine force! This is a spiritual enlightenment experience where you get all the answers you need, and where you find true inner peace.
Chanting is another technique that can help you align with the Divine force for spiritual enlightenment. As you repeat words (speaking or singing) in a rhythmic manner, you reduce your minds focus to this one action which is one step away from no thought. In other words, you quiet all resistant thoughts from your ego, and allow your inner voice/spirit/Divine force to enter.
Let us now see how to achieve spiritual enlightenment with the eastern disciplines of Qigong and Yoga.
Qigong for Spiritual Enlightenment
Qigong dates back thousands of years to ancient China. Qigong is still used today due to its effectiveness in relaxing the body, mind and spirit, and in cultivating and balancing qi (life energy). This practice is wonderful for spiritual enlightenment as you learn to connect with life force/spirit/God through the precise movements of Qigong.
Yoga also dates back thousands of years and comes from Hindu tradition. Yoga is defined as the stilling of the changing states of the mind and as union with God. Yoga will help you to quiet your mind and become more present and aware. Yoga is a powerful spiritual enlightenment practice as it opens up your energy centers (chakras). These energy centers are the primary points where life energy (God) enters the body.
The ancient spiritual practices of Qigong and Yoga can teach you a lot about how to be enlightened. Try them out and see if they can assist you in becoming enlightened.
If you have problems releasing your ego, or if you are stuck at the first stage of spiritual enlightenment and want to move on, here are some things to consider.
First, intention is always important in order to manifest your desires on becoming enlightened. So, set your goal at spiritual enlightenment and have a desire to expand your awareness. Dont force your mind though, allow the spiritual enlightenment to manifest. So how do you do that? By accepting whatever life will bring to you (good/bad). Every single life experience (good/bad) will help you grow and become more spiritually enlightened. Self-awareness is a step toward spiritual enlightenment, and enlightenment is the product of personal growth.
Allow the spiritual enlightenment by accepting what is.
Reaching spiritual enlightenment is about being ready. You can go to seminars and read books on how to find spiritual enlightenment, but no matter how hard you try to listen, you will not truly hear until you are ready. Your search for spiritual growth and intention of becoming enlightened, is a very positive sign that you are spiritually awakened and aware, but dont force the spiritual enlightenment process.
Dont get caught up in our modern lifestyle, wanting quick fixes and results. Instead, let your spiritual enlightenment experiences happen naturally at your own pace. This will allow you to release your inner resistance gradually, so that you will have the time to regain your balance in your body, mind, and spirit. As you gradually go through the stages of spiritual enlightenment, you will also avoid having unpleasant symptoms of spiritual enlightenment.
- Faith in the Vortex - SpokaneFVS - spokanefavs.com - May 15th, 2020
- Alton Masons Debut Short Film Is an Ode to the Creative Spirit of Lagos - Vogue - May 15th, 2020
- The history of yoga in a readable book - The Hindu - May 15th, 2020
- We deciphered Matt Corral and Grant Tisdales closely-timed tweets from over the weekend - Red Cup Rebellion - May 15th, 2020
- We will gather in the glow - Aspen Daily News - May 15th, 2020
- PART 3 My Search for the One True God - Block Island Times - May 15th, 2020
- Future feel uncertain? See what's in the cards with a virtual psychic reading - 7x7 - May 15th, 2020
- Soul on Fire: Louise Hay's message still resonates in today's world - Coast News - May 15th, 2020
- Netflix: The Untamed Is The Perfect Quarantine Binge - GameSpot - May 15th, 2020
- General Hospital Spoilers Updates: Tension Grows Between Sam And Brando - Will They Hit The Sheets? - Celebrating The Soaps - May 15th, 2020
- As we struggle through the pandemic, persevere, keep praying, hold Lord's hand - Catholic Herald - May 15th, 2020
- Feeling anxious? Its good to talk or even shout and scream - The Irish Times - May 15th, 2020
- In Uzbekistan, Coming to Terms With the Countrys Dazzling History - The New York Times - May 15th, 2020
- Revelling in isolation lessons from Mars and India - The Hindu - May 15th, 2020
- My End is My Beginning: A wild sci-fi ride at the end of the world - Middle East Eye - May 15th, 2020
- The Number 88 Is Spiritual - Only Deep Thinkers Like Akufo-Addo Will Decide To Build 88 Hospitals - Says Actor Prince David Osei - Peace FM Online - May 3rd, 2020
- Conscious Moon Podcast is spreading spiritual enlightenment through topics like alternative healing, 5D consciousness and more - Press Release -... - May 3rd, 2020
- The poetics of universal imagination - The Sunday Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- The Buddha's impeccable wisdom - Sunday Observer - May 3rd, 2020
- Gautam Buddha: The epitome of humanity and knowledge sharing - Khabarhub - May 3rd, 2020
- Akufo-Addo is a deep thinker hence his move to improve the health systems in Ghana David Osei - GhanaWeb - May 3rd, 2020
- SAS: Who Dares Wins Ollie Ollerton reveals horrific childhood circus chimp attack left him addicted to booze - The Sun - May 3rd, 2020
- The Adventurous Lectionary The Fifth Sunday of Easter May 10,2020 - Patheos - May 3rd, 2020
- Karen Armstrong: The Lost Art of Reading Scripture - Tricycle - Tricycle - May 3rd, 2020
- Obituary: The Rt Revd Simon Barrington-Ward 01 May 2020 - Church Times - May 3rd, 2020
- Zoon Travels to the Past, Present, and Future on Light Prism - American Songwriter - May 3rd, 2020
- Review: 'Beyond the Visible: Hilma af Klint,' obscurity to art world star - Los Angeles Times - April 23rd, 2020
- 'Conspirituality' the overlap between the New Age and conspiracy beliefs - Elemental - April 23rd, 2020
- The purpose of life on earthOpinion - Guardian - April 23rd, 2020
- Duncan Trussell Discusses His Personal Journey to The Midnight Gospel - Bleeding Cool News - April 23rd, 2020
- As coronavirus cases fall, South Koreans warned not to lift their guard - The Times - April 23rd, 2020
- Having difficulty meditating? Here are meditation tips to manage restlessness - Republic World - Republic World - April 23rd, 2020
- Happy Ramadan 2020: Wishes, quotes, SMS, messages, Shayari, Facebook and WhatsApp status to share with family and friends - Jagran English - April 23rd, 2020
- A History of Disease, Faith, and Recovery in Rome - Hyperallergic - April 23rd, 2020
- If the Climate Was a Bank, They Would Have Already Rescued It: 50th Anniversary of #EarthDay - Patheos - April 23rd, 2020
- Protesters rally in Harrisburg to demand Wolf reopen economy - Wilkes Barre Times-Leader - April 23rd, 2020
- Greatest rock song of the 20th century - CapeGazette.com - April 21st, 2020
- 'It is part of my spiritual life': the people who take running to the extreme - The Guardian - April 21st, 2020
- Was the Revolution About Reason? - American Greatness - April 21st, 2020
- When the medium is the messenger the art of communicating with spirits - Apollo Magazine - April 21st, 2020
- Art in times of coronavirus 100 inspiring quotes on World Art Day 2020 - YourStory - April 21st, 2020
- Coronavirus outbreak brings into focus elements of blind faith, bigotry in society and the need to... - Firstpost - April 21st, 2020
- MusicWatch Monthly: Send the fool further - Oregon ArtsWatch - April 2nd, 2020
- ALL WE HAVE IS NOW. THE POWER OF NOW BY ECKHART TOLLE. - Thrive Global - April 2nd, 2020
- 5 Buddhist teachings that can help you deal with coronavirus anxiety - Midland Daily News - April 2nd, 2020
- Inside the May 2020 issue of Lion's Roar magazine - Lion's Roar - April 2nd, 2020
- Sampa the Great makes uplifting spiritual soul on The Return - Chicago Reader - April 2nd, 2020
- Commentary: Will there be Easter? - The San Diego Union-Tribune - April 2nd, 2020
- The Emerging Right-Wing Vision of Constitutional Authoritarianism - The New Republic - April 2nd, 2020
- How the Ice Cube Lost Its Mystery - News Parliament - April 2nd, 2020
- Positive thinking modeOpinion - Guardian - April 2nd, 2020
- Is the God of Love also the God of Suffering? - Patheos - April 2nd, 2020
- Born To Rule: Sovereignty in International Law - Modern Diplomacy - April 2nd, 2020
- What Are Guardian Angels and How Can I Connect With Mine? - Beliefnet - April 2nd, 2020
- Why has God forsaken humanity in the time of the Coronavirus Pandemic? - Asian Tribune - April 2nd, 2020
- The Tarot Card Collection by Sofia Zakia for Inner Enlightenment - JCK - March 31st, 2020
- Apocalypse Now and Not Yet: N. T. Wright's Recovery of the Apocalyptic Imagination - Patheos - March 31st, 2020
- Illness as imagination - Times of India - March 31st, 2020
- Color Therapy: Yellow - vmagazine.com - March 31st, 2020
- Model Angela Martini: Here Is How To Survive And Thrive As A Highly Sensitive Person - Thrive Global - March 31st, 2020
- Chant these Shanti Mantras for universal peace and wellness - Times Now - March 31st, 2020
- Feast of the Passover - THISDAY Newspapers - March 31st, 2020
- A big bookmark in our lives: York County Libraries are here for you with eBooks - York Daily Record - March 31st, 2020
- Frank Oceans Monks & the Fantasy of Worship - DJBooth - March 31st, 2020
- Opinion: Coronavirus is the greatest challenge we've faced in generations. Altruism is how to overcome it - The Globe and Mail - March 31st, 2020
- Spiritual Enlightenment: What It Is and How to Experience It - March 16th, 2020
- 5 Things You Should Know About Spiritual Enlightenment ... - March 16th, 2020
- Spiritual Enlightenment - Truths & Paths | Live and Dare - March 16th, 2020
- What Is Spiritual Enlightenment or Spiritual Awakening? - March 16th, 2020
- Agnes Pelton Joins the Underappreciated Female Artists Finally Getting Their Due With a Major New Show at the Whitney - Vogue - March 16th, 2020
- Jefferson Hack: The Beauty and Violence of Willy Vanderperre's Photography - AnOther Magazine - March 16th, 2020
- We Need to Resacralize the World - lareviewofbooks - March 16th, 2020
- Agnes Pelton Went to the Desert in Search of Solace. Her Paintings at the Whitney Show She Found Something Magical There - artnet News - March 16th, 2020
- Opinion: General Buratai in the eyes of the people by Abe Kolawole - Latest News in Nigeria & Breaking Naija News 24/7 | LEGIT.NG - March 16th, 2020
- How Rishikesh Became the Capital of Yoga Worldwide - Communal News - March 16th, 2020
- Digital Wisdom in the Time of Coronavirus Disease 2019 - Patheos - March 16th, 2020
- Reflections for the III Sunday of Lent - Vatican News - March 16th, 2020
- Black business and superstition - Bulawayo24 News - March 16th, 2020
- Spiritual Enlightenment | Enlightened Beings - March 13th, 2020
- The 3 Stages Of Spiritual Enlightenment : In5D - March 13th, 2020