Like the dramatic quest ofHollywood movieFinding Nemo,this quest of finding Satoshi Nakamoto the inventor of Bitcoin has also been dramatic.
Its fascinating to see how Bitcoin has become a multi-billion dollar thing, yet the Father of Bitcoin is still missing.
Satoshi Nakamoto made the Bitcoin software in 2008 and made it open source in January 2009.
And in 2010, Satoshi Nakamoto disappeared.
No one even knows what pronoun to use(he, she, or they)while referring to Satoshi Nakamoto because it is still not clear whether he/she is a person or a group of people.
Whomever Satoshi Nakamoto might be, there are some interesting facts about the entity that gave birth to this multi-billion dollar industry of cryptocurrencies.
Here are 9 interesting facts
The name Satoshi Nakamoto is the pseudonym of the inventor of Bitcoin. In 2008, someone used this name and mailed the Bitcoin white paper to a cryptographic mailing list.
This mailing list contained renowned people who believedin decentralization and cryptography.
Thats why this name is so famous.
As is apparent from the name, its assumed that he was a Japanese man, but his flawless use of English in the white paper raises doubts about this conclusion.
It is believed that Satoshi Nakamoto owns 1 million bitcoins(or more) which makes his present net worth at the time of writing this article to be $2.6 billion.
In 2009 January, Satoshi mined the Genesis block, andin 2010, he officially stopped communicating. Between this period, the bitcoins came into existence exist on the blockchain ledger, but they have not been used or spent. Thisproves how much Satoshi owns.
1 million BTC is a huge number which, if dumped suddenly, could wreak havoc on the crypto market. Thats why Bitcoin has also earned the title of being a Ponzi scheme-because the speculative founder owns a significant share.
The anonymity of Bitcoins founder has led to a mushrooming of a totally new merchandising concept. Now you can buy T-Shirts with Satoshi Nakamoto things printed on them.
You can buy one for yourself from e-commerce sites likeZazzleandTeespring.
Some even suggest that Samsung, Toshiba, Nakamichi, and Motorola together created Bitcoin, as you can tell from their names:
However, there is no official proof for such a conclusion.
Nick Szabo, a US computer scientist, and cryptographer is considered by some to be the founder of Bitcoin. Nick coined the concept of digital currency for the digital age by creating Bit Gold. Bit Gold was the ancestor of Bitcoin. However, it was not used by the masses because of limitations.
After analysis of Satoshis white paper, a blogger concluded that Nick Szabo was Satoshi Nakamoto. but Nick has never accepted this hypothesis.
Craig Wright, an Australian Entrepreneur, claimed to the BBC on 2nd May 2016 to be the inventor of Bitcoin. However, when examined by core Bitcoin developers like Peter Todd, Craig was unable to provide any acceptable supporting evidence for such a claim.
Though initially, he said he would come back with relevant evidence, he failed to do so, and said on his blog that he was sorry and didnt have the courage to continue.
In March 2014, another speculation came on the identity of Satoshi. A news source claimed that they had found Satoshi, and he lived inCalifornia, USA.
His full name, as reported, was Dorian Prentice Satoshi Nakamoto. He was aphysicist and a systems engineer who had recently been laid off by the government.
Later on, the person identified denied all such claims and said he is not the Nakamoto which everyone has been searching for.
Hal was a cryptographer even before his involvement with Bitcoin. He was on the mailing list that received Satoshi Nakamotos Bitcoin white paper.
Hal claimed that he had been communicating with Satoshi to support his testing, which led to the speculative conclusion that he himself was Satoshi.
Hals writing style also closely resembles that of Satoshis in the Bitcoin white paper. The suspicion evaporated when he showed his email conversation with Satoshi, but that could just be a diversion tactic.
Fun fact:Hal was the first person to receive a Bitcoin transaction from Satoshi on January 12, 2009, after Satoshi mined the genesis block on3rd January 2009 at 18:15:05 GMT.
An employee of Fast Company, a media brand, said thatNeal King, Vladimir Oksman, and Charles Bry were the group of people that created Bitcoin. This employee proved it by searching unique phrases in Satoshis white paper.
They even patented the phrase which appears on the Bitcoin white paper computationally impractical to reverse.
However, all of them have publically denied such allegations.
Whatever anyone may say or think, the anonymity factor of Satoshi Nakamoto has proven to be healthy for Bitcoin.
But theres still a big mystery here:
No one knows the truth.
I would like to end this article by quoting two very early adopters of Bitcoin, Erik Voorhees andRoger Ver(two people who are definitely worth following on Twitter).
Bitcoin is the most important invention in the history of the world since the internet.
Roger Ver, Bitcoin Jesus
This shows how important Bitcoin, blockchain technology, and of course, Satoshi Nakamoto all are!
And yes, Bitcoin has become more important than a single individual, but we would all love to solve this mystery once and for all.
If you know any more interesting facts that I have missed in this article, thendo let me know in the comments below!!!
And if you liked this post, dont forget to share it!
Here are hand-picked articles to read next:
An award-winning blogger with a track record of 10+ years. An international speaker and author who loves blockchain and crypto world.
After discovering about decentralized finance and with his background of Information technology, he made his mission to help others learn and get started with it via CoinSutra.
Join us via email and social channels to get the latest updates straight to your inbox.
Read this article:
- Satoshi Nakamoto Inspiration Gives Advice On Bitcoins Next Move - Forbes - July 12th, 2020
- Crypto Winter Could Really Be Over as New Bitcoin Starts to Bloom - Cointelegraph - July 12th, 2020
- There Are Over 13K Bitcoin Addresses Worth $1M - Cointelegraph - July 12th, 2020
- Bitcoin Rally or Altcoin extinction? Top Trader sees gloomy future for ETH, XRP and Co. - Born2Invest - July 12th, 2020
- Latest Bitcoin price and analysis (BTC to USD) - Yahoo Finance - July 11th, 2020
- 60% of Bitcoin supply held as digital gold by investors - Crypto News Flash - June 21st, 2020
- How many Bitcoin billionaires are there? - Decrypt - June 21st, 2020
- Currency wars: The rise of bitcoin - Opinion - Jakarta Post - June 21st, 2020
- The Difference Between Blockchain and Bitcoin - UKTN - June 21st, 2020
- BSV Dukes It Out with Binance - Live Bitcoin News - June 21st, 2020
- Binance becomes the biggest miner of a coin it delisted last year - Invezz - June 21st, 2020
- BTC-Tether relationship: How long can it last? - CoinGeek - June 21st, 2020
- Satoshi Nakamoto - Coindesk - June 9th, 2020
- Cryptoassets and Litigation - Lexology - June 9th, 2020
- 5 Crypto Executive Predictions On Where The Economy Is Headed - Yahoo Sport UK - June 9th, 2020
- Craig Wright's appeal over Norway's jurisdiction dismissed in the defamation suit against Hodlonaut - CoinJournal - June 9th, 2020
- Bitcoin Lies Continue as Craig Wright Testifies Using His iPhone Before It Was Released In 2007 - CryptoPotato - June 9th, 2020
- 5 Crypto Executive Predictions On Where The Economy Is Headed - Yahoo Finance - June 9th, 2020
- Nuts and bolts: What is blockchain and how does it work? - The New Times - June 9th, 2020
- The Many Facts Pointing to Adam Back Being Satoshi | Featured Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - May 29th, 2020
- Is It Possible To Patent Bitcoin? - Intellectual Property - Poland - Mondaq News Alerts - May 29th, 2020
- NGRAVE Hard Wallet Hits 450% of Crowdfunding Goal Within Two Days - Cointelegraph - May 29th, 2020
- Learn different types of cryptocurrencies and how to earn money | London Business News - London Loves Business - May 29th, 2020
- Here's why digital payments app Anypay does not recommend using BTC - CoinGeek - May 29th, 2020
- Why Twitter Rumor Bitcoin Founder Satoshi Nakamoto Cashed Out Lowered Cryptocurrency Value - Screen Rant - May 24th, 2020
- The Shadow of Satoshi's Ghost: Why Bitcoin Mythology Matters - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - May 24th, 2020
- Moving Coins, Data Breaches, and Magical Authors: Bad Crypto News of the Week - Cointelegraph - May 24th, 2020
- XRP Loses the Number 3 Spot to Tether (USDT) on Coinmarketcap - Ethereum World News - May 24th, 2020
- 5 Key Reasons Bitcoin Price Fell From $9,800 to $9,200 Overnight - Cointelegraph - May 24th, 2020
- The $90 Million Bitcoin Pizza Story Has an Unexpected Silver Lining | NewsBTC - newsBTC - May 24th, 2020
- Stablecoins Might be The Key to Unlocking the Transactional Value of Cryptocurrencies - Yahoo Finance - May 19th, 2020
- New theory: Adam Back denies being the creator of Bitcoin, Satoshi Nakamoto - Crypto News Flash - May 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin halving Q&A: what it's all about and what it means for the cryptocurrency - The Conversation US - May 19th, 2020
- DeFi can take Ethereum higher than 2017 bull run - Invezz - May 19th, 2020
- Is Bitcoin the digital equivalent of gold? - Rask Media - May 19th, 2020
- The Bitcoin Halving is imminent heres why it happens every 4 years - The Next Web - May 9th, 2020
- The CoinDesk 50 - CoinDesk - May 9th, 2020
- What is a cryptocurrency and why is it needed? - AMBCrypto English - May 9th, 2020
- Secure and Anonymize Your Bitcoin Transactions With MyCryptoMixer, The Best Bitcoin Mixer of 2020 - AMBCrypto English - May 9th, 2020
- The Bitcoin Halving: What Traders Need to Know - City Index - May 9th, 2020
- Blockstream CEO: Bitcoin (BTC) Creator Satoshi Nakamoto May Have Written This Newly Discovered Post - The Daily Hodl - April 26th, 2020
- The Next Bitcoin Halving: To Halve and to Hold? - Cointelegraph - April 26th, 2020
- What Is Bitcoins Stock-to-Flow? - Crypto Briefing - April 26th, 2020
- Users found a publication from 1999 that Satoshi Nakamoto could write - Sunriseread - April 26th, 2020
- Crypto Timeline: The Evolution of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency Technologies - BlockPublisher - March 31st, 2020
- Latest Bitcoin price and analysis (BTC to USD) - Coin Rivet - March 31st, 2020
- Just Like Bitcoin Before It, Cardano Is Banned From Wikipedia - Cointelegraph - March 31st, 2020
- Nervos Network Blockchain Believes Trust is Incredibly Valuable But Has Boundaries - The Cryptocurrency Analytics - March 31st, 2020
- Blockchain Nation. The currency that is infiltrating the data centre sector - Data Economy - March 31st, 2020
- Peter Vessenes in the Focus of Cointelegraph China - Cointelegraph - March 31st, 2020
- Binance will launch a debit card for Bitcoin and BNB payments - Crypto News Flash - March 31st, 2020
- The Good Weekend Quiz: March 28 - The Age - March 31st, 2020
- 7 movies of Bitcoin to see in quarantine - Cryptocurrency Market - March 31st, 2020
- Satoshi Nakamoto - Bitcoin Wiki - March 16th, 2020
- Satoshi Nakamoto - investopedia.com - March 16th, 2020
- Who is Satoshi Nakamoto? A Look at the Candidates - March 16th, 2020
- Three People Who Were Supposedly Bitcoin Founder Satoshi ... - March 16th, 2020
- Bitcoin Is Back In Free Fall And Dropping FastHeres Why - Forbes - March 16th, 2020
- Bitcoin can still be a safe haven, experts say - Decrypt - March 16th, 2020
- The History and Symbolism Behind Bitcoin's Logo - Bitcoin Magazine - March 16th, 2020
- Forced to 'Work from Home' due to Covid-19? Crypto Can Help - Bitcoinist - March 16th, 2020
- The Race Is On To Become the World's Digital Reserve Currency. Who Will Win? - Cryptonews - March 16th, 2020
- Ethereum Betting Now Launched By Cloudbet - TimesOfCasino - March 16th, 2020
- Who is Satoshi Nakamoto? - The CryptoCation - March 5th, 2020
- Satoshi Nakamoto Unresolved - March 5th, 2020
- Will the identity of bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto be ... - March 5th, 2020
- Craig Wright's Notorious Satoshi Nakamoto Saga Continues ... - March 5th, 2020
- Hyperbitcoinization | Satoshi Nakamoto Institute - March 5th, 2020
- CoinGeek Conference Rolls On To New York in October 2020 - Yahoo Finance - March 5th, 2020
- A Comprehensive Guide to Bitcoin Price Forecast - The Merkle Hash - March 5th, 2020
- What could your $100 investment in Bitcoin fetch you in 2140? - Finance and Funding - Altcoin Buzz - March 5th, 2020
- How Millennials Will Inherit Trillions And Buy Bitcoin - Bitcoinist - March 5th, 2020
- Bitcoin braced for brutal weekend as fear sets in - Yahoo Finance - March 4th, 2020
- The Mystery of Warren Buffett's Missing Crypto is Solved - Cointelegraph - February 29th, 2020
- CoinGeek London: When Bitcoin SV came of age - CoinGeek - February 29th, 2020
- Crypto currency goes showbiz: Bitcoin makes guest appearance on The Simpsons - Express - February 29th, 2020
- Wielding the Tools of Liberty: Exploring Wendy McElroy's Latest Book 'The Satoshi Revolution' - Bitcoin News - February 28th, 2020
- Changpeng Zhao Launches Attack on Craig Wright - Live Bitcoin News - February 28th, 2020
- Bitcoin Halving Will Drop Inflation Rate Lower Than Central Banks' 2% Target Reference - Bitcoin News - February 28th, 2020
- Spend BTC, Ethereum and Ripple (XRP) with the Satoshi Nakamoto card - Crypto News Flash - February 24th, 2020