Bitcoin suffered a minor scare over the weekend as it predictably sold off from the $6,800 level of resistance.
It plunged to as low as $5,900 before finding a 7.68% bounce that propelled it back above $6,000 on Monday morning.
Bitcoin now needs to avoid closing daily candles and breaking below $5,900 as it would indicate that the recent downtrend is far from over and that new lows of $3,150 may be tested in the coming month,
However, Bitcoin bulls still have the opportunity to create a bullish narrative leading towards Mays halving event, which will see block rewards for miners slashed from 12.5BTC per block to 6.25BTC per block.
This has historically been bullish for two reasons; firstly it reduces the supply of Bitcoin on the market, thus naturally increasing price to rise. It is also important to consider the mining industry as a whole, if rewards are slashed then miners will need to price to effectively double in order to maintain the same levels of revenue.
A breakout above $7,000 in April could provide the ultimate platform for Bitcoin to rise during and after the halving, with some analysts suggesting that it could drive BTC to a new all-time high.
A move of that magnitude would also cause a ripple effect across all cryptocurrencies which would see the likes of Ethereum, Litecoin and XRP also surge to the upside.
While it seems straightforward, a black swan event like coronavirus has the potential to derail and rewrite any narratives that traders my attempt to set.
If cases and fatalities continue to rise then global stock markets and cryptocurrency will suffer as a result.
For more news, guides and cryptocurrency analysis, clickhere.
Current live BTC pricing information and interactive charts are available on our site 24 hours a day. The ticker bar at the bottom of every page on our site has the latest Bitcoin price. Pricing is also available in a range of different currency equivalents:
US Dollar BTCtoUSD
British Pound Sterling BTCtoGBP
Japanese Yen BTCtoJPY
Australian Dollar BTCtoAUD
Russian Rouble BTCtoRUB
In August 2008, the domain name bitcoin.orgwas registered. On 31st October 2008, a paper was published called Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System. This was authored by Satoshi Nakamoto, the inventor of Bitcoin. To date, no one knows who this person, or people, are.
The paper outlined a method of using a P2P network for electronic transactions without relying on trust. On January 3 2009, the Bitcoin network came into existence. Nakamoto mined block number 0 (or the genesis block), which had a reward of 50 Bitcoins.
If you want to find out more information about Bitcoin orcryptocurrenciesin general, then use the search box at the top of this page.Heres an article to get you started.
As with any investment, it pays to do some homework before you part with your money. The prices of cryptocurrencies are volatile and go up and down quickly. This page is not recommending a particular currency or whether you should invest or not.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the author should not be considered as financial advice.
- 60% of Bitcoin supply held as digital gold by investors - Crypto News Flash - June 21st, 2020
- How many Bitcoin billionaires are there? - Decrypt - June 21st, 2020
- Currency wars: The rise of bitcoin - Opinion - Jakarta Post - June 21st, 2020
- The Difference Between Blockchain and Bitcoin - UKTN - June 21st, 2020
- BSV Dukes It Out with Binance - Live Bitcoin News - June 21st, 2020
- Binance becomes the biggest miner of a coin it delisted last year - Invezz - June 21st, 2020
- BTC-Tether relationship: How long can it last? - CoinGeek - June 21st, 2020
- Satoshi Nakamoto - Coindesk - June 9th, 2020
- Cryptoassets and Litigation - Lexology - June 9th, 2020
- 5 Crypto Executive Predictions On Where The Economy Is Headed - Yahoo Sport UK - June 9th, 2020
- Craig Wright's appeal over Norway's jurisdiction dismissed in the defamation suit against Hodlonaut - CoinJournal - June 9th, 2020
- Bitcoin Lies Continue as Craig Wright Testifies Using His iPhone Before It Was Released In 2007 - CryptoPotato - June 9th, 2020
- 5 Crypto Executive Predictions On Where The Economy Is Headed - Yahoo Finance - June 9th, 2020
- Nuts and bolts: What is blockchain and how does it work? - The New Times - June 9th, 2020
- The Many Facts Pointing to Adam Back Being Satoshi | Featured Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - May 29th, 2020
- Is It Possible To Patent Bitcoin? - Intellectual Property - Poland - Mondaq News Alerts - May 29th, 2020
- NGRAVE Hard Wallet Hits 450% of Crowdfunding Goal Within Two Days - Cointelegraph - May 29th, 2020
- Learn different types of cryptocurrencies and how to earn money | London Business News - London Loves Business - May 29th, 2020
- Here's why digital payments app Anypay does not recommend using BTC - CoinGeek - May 29th, 2020
- Why Twitter Rumor Bitcoin Founder Satoshi Nakamoto Cashed Out Lowered Cryptocurrency Value - Screen Rant - May 24th, 2020
- The Shadow of Satoshi's Ghost: Why Bitcoin Mythology Matters - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - May 24th, 2020
- Moving Coins, Data Breaches, and Magical Authors: Bad Crypto News of the Week - Cointelegraph - May 24th, 2020
- XRP Loses the Number 3 Spot to Tether (USDT) on Coinmarketcap - Ethereum World News - May 24th, 2020
- 5 Key Reasons Bitcoin Price Fell From $9,800 to $9,200 Overnight - Cointelegraph - May 24th, 2020
- The $90 Million Bitcoin Pizza Story Has an Unexpected Silver Lining | NewsBTC - newsBTC - May 24th, 2020
- Stablecoins Might be The Key to Unlocking the Transactional Value of Cryptocurrencies - Yahoo Finance - May 19th, 2020
- New theory: Adam Back denies being the creator of Bitcoin, Satoshi Nakamoto - Crypto News Flash - May 19th, 2020
- Bitcoin halving Q&A: what it's all about and what it means for the cryptocurrency - The Conversation US - May 19th, 2020
- DeFi can take Ethereum higher than 2017 bull run - Invezz - May 19th, 2020
- Is Bitcoin the digital equivalent of gold? - Rask Media - May 19th, 2020
- The Bitcoin Halving is imminent heres why it happens every 4 years - The Next Web - May 9th, 2020
- The CoinDesk 50 - CoinDesk - May 9th, 2020
- What is a cryptocurrency and why is it needed? - AMBCrypto English - May 9th, 2020
- Secure and Anonymize Your Bitcoin Transactions With MyCryptoMixer, The Best Bitcoin Mixer of 2020 - AMBCrypto English - May 9th, 2020
- The Bitcoin Halving: What Traders Need to Know - City Index - May 9th, 2020
- Blockstream CEO: Bitcoin (BTC) Creator Satoshi Nakamoto May Have Written This Newly Discovered Post - The Daily Hodl - April 26th, 2020
- The Next Bitcoin Halving: To Halve and to Hold? - Cointelegraph - April 26th, 2020
- What Is Bitcoins Stock-to-Flow? - Crypto Briefing - April 26th, 2020
- Users found a publication from 1999 that Satoshi Nakamoto could write - Sunriseread - April 26th, 2020
- Crypto Timeline: The Evolution of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency Technologies - BlockPublisher - March 31st, 2020
- Just Like Bitcoin Before It, Cardano Is Banned From Wikipedia - Cointelegraph - March 31st, 2020
- Nervos Network Blockchain Believes Trust is Incredibly Valuable But Has Boundaries - The Cryptocurrency Analytics - March 31st, 2020
- Blockchain Nation. The currency that is infiltrating the data centre sector - Data Economy - March 31st, 2020
- Peter Vessenes in the Focus of Cointelegraph China - Cointelegraph - March 31st, 2020
- Binance will launch a debit card for Bitcoin and BNB payments - Crypto News Flash - March 31st, 2020
- The Good Weekend Quiz: March 28 - The Age - March 31st, 2020
- 7 movies of Bitcoin to see in quarantine - Cryptocurrency Market - March 31st, 2020
- Satoshi Nakamoto - Bitcoin Wiki - March 16th, 2020
- Satoshi Nakamoto - investopedia.com - March 16th, 2020
- Who is Satoshi Nakamoto? A Look at the Candidates - March 16th, 2020
- Satoshi Nakamoto: 9 Interesting Facts You Need To Know - March 16th, 2020
- Three People Who Were Supposedly Bitcoin Founder Satoshi ... - March 16th, 2020
- Bitcoin Is Back In Free Fall And Dropping FastHeres Why - Forbes - March 16th, 2020
- Bitcoin can still be a safe haven, experts say - Decrypt - March 16th, 2020
- The History and Symbolism Behind Bitcoin's Logo - Bitcoin Magazine - March 16th, 2020
- Forced to 'Work from Home' due to Covid-19? Crypto Can Help - Bitcoinist - March 16th, 2020
- The Race Is On To Become the World's Digital Reserve Currency. Who Will Win? - Cryptonews - March 16th, 2020
- Ethereum Betting Now Launched By Cloudbet - TimesOfCasino - March 16th, 2020
- Who is Satoshi Nakamoto? - The CryptoCation - March 5th, 2020
- Satoshi Nakamoto Unresolved - March 5th, 2020
- Will the identity of bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto be ... - March 5th, 2020
- Craig Wright's Notorious Satoshi Nakamoto Saga Continues ... - March 5th, 2020
- Hyperbitcoinization | Satoshi Nakamoto Institute - March 5th, 2020
- CoinGeek Conference Rolls On To New York in October 2020 - Yahoo Finance - March 5th, 2020
- A Comprehensive Guide to Bitcoin Price Forecast - The Merkle Hash - March 5th, 2020
- What could your $100 investment in Bitcoin fetch you in 2140? - Finance and Funding - Altcoin Buzz - March 5th, 2020
- How Millennials Will Inherit Trillions And Buy Bitcoin - Bitcoinist - March 5th, 2020
- Bitcoin braced for brutal weekend as fear sets in - Yahoo Finance - March 4th, 2020
- The Mystery of Warren Buffett's Missing Crypto is Solved - Cointelegraph - February 29th, 2020
- CoinGeek London: When Bitcoin SV came of age - CoinGeek - February 29th, 2020
- Crypto currency goes showbiz: Bitcoin makes guest appearance on The Simpsons - Express - February 29th, 2020
- Wielding the Tools of Liberty: Exploring Wendy McElroy's Latest Book 'The Satoshi Revolution' - Bitcoin News - February 28th, 2020
- Changpeng Zhao Launches Attack on Craig Wright - Live Bitcoin News - February 28th, 2020
- Bitcoin Halving Will Drop Inflation Rate Lower Than Central Banks' 2% Target Reference - Bitcoin News - February 28th, 2020
- Spend BTC, Ethereum and Ripple (XRP) with the Satoshi Nakamoto card - Crypto News Flash - February 24th, 2020
- Bitcoin brutally rejected from $10,000 to form lower high - Coin Rivet - February 24th, 2020
- Satoshi Nakamoto Net Worth: Bitcoin Founder Worth Around $10 Billion With 1 Million BTC - International Business Times - February 24th, 2020
- Is Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Still Used in Terror Financing? - Coin Idol - February 24th, 2020
- The U.S. Is Very Worried About BitcoinAnd Its Finally Doing Something About It - Forbes - February 24th, 2020
- Bitcoin founder Satoshi Nakamoto: An invention of the CIA? - Cryptocurrency Market - February 24th, 2020