Just thought Id share my experiences with some not-so-well-known nootropics/supplements Ive taken. Most of them are Russian, which is probably why there arent much user experiences written about them on here or Longecity. Let me know if you want me to go into more detail on any of them or if you have any questions. If some of you find this list helpful I can make more lists of nootropics Ive tried for different symptoms (mood, cognition, social anxiety, anhedonia). Check out my early post history for more reviews or my old account which I lost the password to and can not access anymore (/u/Nedzilla55). Anyways, heres my list of 20 not-so-well-know (and a few well know) nootropics/supplements. Theyre listed in no particular order.
Pantogam and Pantogam Activ - Feels somewhat like Phenibut lite, without the extreme tolerance. Effects are not as intense as phenibut or Baclofen but its a nice little anxiolytic which is somewhat energizing as well (as strange as that sounds). Almost like a couple of drinks. Made it easier for me to just be myself (as weird as that sounds). You may find yourself humming in the car or listening to music while doing goofy dance moves from the early 2000s. Makes it easier to laugh and just enjoy myself while being in the moment.
Low Dose Amisilpride (12.5mg - 25mg). Dont let the antipsychotic label scare you: thats only at regular doses. At very low doses, it enhances dopamine transmission and facilitates dopamineric neurotransission and is a wonderful as needed mood brightener. Great for anhedonia. Helps to feel more in the moment and makes things like conversations with others more enjoyable.
Tenoten - Didnt feel much from this one unfortunately. Its supposed to work for anxiety and stress. Not too many experience reports online either (In English, at least). Might as well have been a sugar pill.
GABOB - Brain fog, sleepy ness, sedation... not a fan of this one. Benadryl type feeling almost. Not enjoyable at all and overall letdown IME.
Picamilon - Developed by Soviet Russia, this is considered a pro drug of GABA. It can be somewhat energizing or anxiolytic depending on the dose. Very subtle though, possible placebo effect. I havent found too many positive experiences online with this one either.
Agomelatine - This atypical antidepressant is an agonist at the melatonin receptors along with 5-HT2C antagonist. Helps me fall asleep when taken before bedtime, but has an activating/energizing feel upon waking up. Good alternative to try if youve had no luck with conventional antidepressants. I've read experience reports about it causing irritation at higher doses. I have not experienced this but YMMV.
Afobazole - This obscure little Ruski supplement feels somewhat anxiolytic but effects were pretty subtle to me. I may revisit this one with a higher dosage
Sarcosine+NAC - Ok so this one may not be very obscure but I enjoy its effects so I figured Id at least share. NAC literally cured my trichtillomania. Its an amazing antioxidant. Taken an hour before drinking it prevents hangovers IME. Sarcosine is great for anhedonia and other negative symptoms. Makes it easier to engage with others and feel.
Grandaxin - This is an interesting one. Its commonly described as anxiolytic and tranquilizing though I would not really agree with that description. Its an It feels activating physically yet quiets the mind. Too big of a dose caused irritability
Stresam - Nice little anxiolytic. Helps calm the mind and body. I like it to unwind after a stressful day at work. Puts me in a nice chill state when kicking back and watching documentaries or hanging out in nature
BPC-157 - Apparently its good for reducing stimulant tolerance and injuries? Again another one that may not be very obscure but I thought it may be of interest to some of you.
Nefiracetam - I love this one. Nice little mood brightener. Its hard to explain but it helps me connect the dots at work and when doing everyday activities. It makes it easy for me to read between the lines, especially in work/social situations. Its almost like it makes me feel more aware. Like I was brushing my teeth one day on it and I just zoned out to the feeling of the bristles of my toothbrush going against my teeth and gums and just kind of had me in the moment. It made me think why do I wet my toothbrush, maybe its better to leave it dry because the toothpaste sticks better to the toothbrush and my teeth. This may or may not be wrong but Ive had similar epiphanies on it. That may sound dumb but I dont know how to better describe its effect on me. I wish someone would have this in stock again 🙁
Oxytocin - I took it before an interview and had the best interview in my life. I was so engaged with the interviewer and felt like we already had some sort of connection. It was very easy to express myself. My girlfriend said I was very romantic (lol) when I took it before going out to dinner with her (which is sort of unusual for me). Great for deep convos and connecting with others. This is one of those that I can clearly rule out a placebo effect.
Sulbutiamine - I had high hopes for this one but unfortunately did not feel much of anything despite trying many different doses. People on here and Longecity reported energizing effects. Maybe Im just a non-responder?
Galantamine - this one is a cholinesterase inhibitor . Perefct for those who enjoy lucid dreaming. Increases acetylcholine in the brain, which may or may not be a good thing based on your personal neurochemistry.
Semax - These next 2 are not very obscure to those familiar with nootropics but felt I should include them for some reason. This one is activating. I really like it for jogging, hiking, and other outdoor activities.
Selank - Semaxs chill twin brother. This one is more anxiolytic. I really enjoy walks in the woods with this one for some reason. Or just sitting on my back porch enjoying the nice weather and scenery.
P-21 - R.I.P. Ceretropic 🙁 not sure if this is available anymore but I enjoyed its effects. It had more of an activating feel in my experience. Somewhat anxiogenic at times even. Not in a bad way though. Effects are hard to describe with this one.
D-Cycloserine - This one aids in learning by helping form stronger neural connections. Good for exposure therapy. I have a feeling this one would work much better when combined with CBT
GTS-21 - this one is a partial agonist at neural nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. It is a horrible smelly yellow substance with a repulsive taste and it leaves yellow stains on anything it touches, including your hands. Felt somewhat anxiolytic though activating at the same time. Ive only taken it for a week though. I may need to take it for a longer period of time to really feel its effects though. I will trial it for a month and report back its effects.
See the article here:
- 'Smart drugs' are real here's what's scientifically proven and how to tell if nootropics are right for you - Insider - June 15th, 2021
- Do Brain Supplements Really Improve Focus & Memory? Here's What the Science Says - Yahoo Lifestyle - June 15th, 2021
- Nootropics Brain Supplements Market 2021 2027 | Growth Dynamics, Revenue Outlook and Opportunities Forecast Excelerol, Zhou Nutrition, Neurofuse The... - June 15th, 2021
- Gus Kenworthy Joins beam as Global Athlete and Wellness Ambassador and Investor - PRNewswire - June 15th, 2021
- Comprehensive Analysis On Nootropics Market Based On Types And Application Express Keeper - Express Keeper - February 20th, 2021
- Nootropic Products Market Share, Historical Growth, Analysis, Opportunities and Forecast to 2027 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel... - February 1st, 2021
- The 14 Best Nootropics and Smart Drugs Reviewed - October 19th, 2020
- Buy The Best Nootropics Online Today at Nootropics Depot - October 19th, 2020
- Global Nootropics Market Size, Share & Growth, Market Research and Industry Forecast Report, 2025 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19) -... - October 19th, 2020
- Nootropics Brain Supplements Market 2020 Estimate CAGR Analysis, Technological Development Overview, Growth Trends and Competitive Research till 2027... - October 19th, 2020
- 'The Biohackers Guide to Getting Things Done In Times of Uncertainty' Episode 1: 'Why You Really Procrastinate' - CT Post - October 19th, 2020
- The best nootropics and what they can do for patient brain health - Chiropractic Economics - September 4th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Report to 2026 Industry Demand Analysis and Current Trend - Bulletin Line - August 10th, 2020
- I chewed brain-boosting nootropic gum for a week straight. Heres how it went - Digital Trends - August 9th, 2020
- 15 Ways Men Can Boost Their Productivity - The Good Men Project - August 6th, 2020
- I chewed brain boosting nootropic gum for a week straight. Heres how it went - Digital Trends - August 3rd, 2020
- Low-Alcohol Drinks Are the Future of Booze - GQ Magazine - August 3rd, 2020
- Global Nootropics Market - What Industry Holds for the Future post Covid? Growth Analysis & Complete Insights 2020 - 2026 - Market Research Posts - July 30th, 2020
- Can happy hour lose the booze? - The Hustle - July 30th, 2020
- Quokka Brew Debuts Jitter Free Coffee that will start your breakfast on the right foot natio ... - Drew Reports News - July 30th, 2020
- Future Growth Of Nootropics Market By New Business Developments, Innovations, And Top Companies Forecast To 2025 - CueReport - July 29th, 2020
- Global Nootropics Market Projections & Future Opportunities Recorded for the Period until 2027|Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Takeda... - July 29th, 2020
- Impact of Corona on Nootropics Market : What will prove favorable for Nootropics Market? - The Daily Chronicle - July 28th, 2020
- New Study on Global Nootropics Market | Know Which Companies Could Potentially Benefit or Loose out From the Impact of COVID-19:::Nootrobox, Cephalon,... - July 28th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Segmentation By Qualitative And Quantitative Research Incorporating Impact Of Economic and Non-Economic Aspects By 2027 - Owned - July 27th, 2020
- Global Nootropics Market Potential Growth, Demand by Regions, Types and Analysis of Key Players;Research Forecasts to 2027|Takeda Pharmaceutical... - July 24th, 2020
- Fun Gifts For Technology Lovers--Any Time Of Year! - knue.com - July 24th, 2020
- Zolmitriptan Market Size, Growth Trends, Top Players, Application Potential and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - July 21st, 2020
- Revolutionising the coffee industry - New Food - July 21st, 2020
- USANA (USNA) to Report Q2 Earnings: What's in the Cards? - Yahoo Finance - July 21st, 2020
- Nootropics Brain Supplements Market Size By Product Analysis, Application, End-Users, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And Forecast Up To 2026... - July 20th, 2020
- USANA (USNA) to Report Q2 Earnings: What's in the Cards? - Yahoo Finance UK - July 20th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Size By Product Analysis, Application, End-Users, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And Forecast Up To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 19th, 2020
- Nootropics Manufacturers Profiles, Market Size By Product Analysis, Application, End-Users, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And Forecast Up... - July 15th, 2020
- Smart Pills Technology Market Thriving Growth Over Forecast 2020 with Leading Players Proteus Digital Health, Chongqing Jinshan Science &... - July 11th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Growth By Manufacturers, Type And Application, Forecast To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 11th, 2020
- Impact of Covid-19 on Nootropics Market Expected to Witness the Highest Growth 2027 with Top Key Players Company1, Company2, Company3, Company4, etc -... - July 11th, 2020
- Global Nootropics Market Set To Grow At Healthy CAGR Forecast By 2027 With Top Key Players Like Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Cephalon A/S,... - July 11th, 2020
- Simple ways to release workplace stress - Daily Pioneer - July 11th, 2020
- KOIOS nootropic beverages to be distributed through KeHE - food in canada - June 21st, 2020
- Nootropics Brain Supplements Market Analysis, Top Manufacturers, Share, Growth, Statistics, Opportunities and Forecast To 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 21st, 2020
- Nootropics Market is Expected to Thrive at Impressive CAGR by 2026 & Top Key Players are Accelerated Intelligence Inc., Onnit Labs, Inc., Peak... - June 18th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Growth Trends, Key Players, Competitive Strategies and Forecasts to 2026 - Jewish Life News - June 18th, 2020
- Need a Boost Working From Home? These Clinically Approved Supplements Can Help. - Greenwich Time - June 18th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Key Players, SWOT Analysis, Dynamics, Drivers, Key Indicators and Forecast to 2026 - Personal Injury Bureau UK - June 18th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Segmentation, Application, Technology, Analysis Research Report and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - April 27th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Analysis by Size, Share, Top Key Manufacturers, Demand Overview, Regional Outlook And Growth Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - April 27th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Overview, Top Companies, Region, Application and Global Forecast by 2026 - Latest Herald - April 27th, 2020
- 50,000 Entrepreneurs Tell Us How to Avoid Stress and Anxiety - Entrepreneur - April 27th, 2020
- 3 Tested Ways to Achieve High Work Performance and Deep Thinking - Entrepreneur - March 21st, 2020
- Crownhealth, The Premium Vegan Sports Nutrition Producer, Is Proud to Announce the Launch of Their New Organic Energy and Protein Bars - Yahoo Finance - March 21st, 2020
- Polyphenols from grape and blueberry show promise as effective nootropic ingredients - NutraIngredients-usa.com - March 21st, 2020
- Why the New Right Loves Nootropics - The New Republic - March 15th, 2020
- Nootropics Brain Supplements Market Size Detailed Analysis of Current Industry Figures with Forecasts Growth By 2024 - 3rd Watch News - March 15th, 2020
- How The Rich Are Protecting Themselves Against Coronavirus - Forbes - March 15th, 2020
- Sponsored content: Vitafoods Europe 2020 set to drive the global nutraceutical industry forward in the new decade - Nutritional Outlook - March 7th, 2020
- Brain health: The next big trend in functional beverages? - FoodNavigator-USA.com - February 29th, 2020
- 7 Nootropics That Combat Daytime Sleepiness and Boost Energy - The Crypto Coin Discovery - February 29th, 2020
- Would you try hacking your brain to perform better? - VOGUE India - February 29th, 2020
- Artists Mine Data and the Mostly Chilling Implications of AI in 'Uncanny Valley' - KQED - February 29th, 2020
- NOOTROPIC FOODS TO BOOST THE MEMORY DURING EXAMINATION - NewsPatrolling - February 29th, 2020
- Nootropics Expert | The Authority on Nootropic Supplements - January 25th, 2020
- How To Hack Your Brain - Top 6 Nootropics - January 25th, 2020
- Sleep cages and ice baths: The extreme lifestyle of local biohackers - Minneapolis Star Tribune - January 25th, 2020
- Koios canned nootropic drink to be sold in over 10,000 retail locations by 2020 - BeverageDaily.com - December 13th, 2019
- Global Nootropics Market To Witness a Healthy Growth During 2020 To 2029 - Trade Examiner - December 13th, 2019
- This drink has the benefits of alcohol, without the hangover - Yahoo Finance - December 13th, 2019
- Nootropics Market: Rapid Increase In The Application Predict By 2029 - True Version - December 13th, 2019
- Flexitarianism may save the planet -- but it's killed the traditional European diet - FoodNavigator.com - December 13th, 2019
- Tracks of the week reviewed: Lauryn Hill, Grimes, Pet Shop Boys - The Guardian - November 25th, 2019
- These are the food trends youll see taking over Whole Foods in 2020 - Well+Good - October 24th, 2019
- Global Nootropics Market Will Grow Over USD 5959 Million By 2024 - Market News Network - October 24th, 2019
- Global Nootropics Market Estimated to Reach USD 5959 Million By 2024 - Daily Market Updates - October 1st, 2019
- Magtein Market Expected to Witness the Highest Growth during the Forecast Period 2019-2029 - The Tribune City - October 1st, 2019
- What killed Adrian Lamo? - Boing Boing - September 21st, 2019
- Latest Report on Nootropics Market Expects an Extensive Growth in ROI of USD 5959 Million By 2024 - News Hours Today - September 21st, 2019
- Biohacking: The Art and Science of Upgrading the Human Being - Interesting Engineering - September 21st, 2019
- Best Nootropics (Smart Drugs) to Unlock Your True Brain - June 3rd, 2019
- What are Nootropics? | Braintropic - June 3rd, 2019
- Best Nootropics 2019 (Updated from 2018) Nootropics Expert - April 29th, 2019