AsMA | Aerospace Medical Association
Learn about the history and mission of Aerospace Medicine by watching the professionals making it happen!
Military aviation operations present numerous unique Aerospace Medicine and Human Performance issues. Sustained acceleration, fatigue, orientation problems, and attention management issues are just a few.
Commercial aviation presents Aerospace Medicine problems for the aircrew, ground support crews, and the passengers they serve.
General aviation aircraft present unique Aerospace Medicine and Human Performance problems. Human Performance factors continue to be leading causes of General Aviation mishaps.
The ability for humans to perform under extreme environmental conditions poses challenging problems for Aerospace Medicine professionals. Altitude, thermal issues, fatigue, acceleration, and numerous other environmental stressors must be appropriately managed to ensure optimized human performance. Managing the mission environment through technology requires a process of human-centered design and acquisition known as Human Systems Integration.
Human participation in space operations presents some of the most interesting and challenging Aerospace Medicine and Human Performance problems. Microgravity, bone density and muscle atrophy issues, radiation exposure, and thermal stressors are just some of the space medicine problems.
AsMA is a scientific forum providing a setting for many different disciplines to come together and share their expertise for the benefit of all persons involved in air and space travel. The Association has provided its expertise to a multitude of Federal and international agencies on a broad range of issues, including aviation and space medical standards, the aging pilot, and physiological stresses of flight. AsMA’s membership includes aerospace medicine specialists, flight nurses, physiologists, psychologists, human factors specialists, physician assistants, and researchers in this field. Most are with industry, civil aviation regulatory agencies, departments of defense and military services, the airlines, space programs, and universities.
Approximately 30% of the membershiporiginate from outside the United States.
Through the efforts of the AsMA members, safety in flight and man’s overall adaptation to adverse environments have been more nearly achieved.
Lifestyle Diseases conference, Lifestyle Diseases workshop, Global Lifestyle Diseases Conference, Lifestyle Diseases symposium, Lifestyle Diseases congress, Lifestyle Diseases meeting, Lifestyle Di…Read More
The peer-reviewed monthly journal provides contact with physicians, life scientists, bioengineers, and medical specialists working in both basic medical research and in its clinical applications…
The AsMA Global Connection Story with IACRoland Vermeiren, M.D., FAsMA
So youre looking online for a particular article from Aerospace Medicine and Human Performance (AMHP). How do you find it?
AsMAs staff were deeply saddened to hear of the death of L. Edward Antosek, M.D.
The Aerospace Human Factors Association (AsHFA) President, Dr. Annette Sobel, has published a visioning statement related to the application of Aerospace Human Factors to Space Missions. Read more
The Translational Research Institute for Space Health (TRISH) is offering several funding opportunities:
Call for 2019 TRISH Postdoctoral Fellowships Now open!Read more
The Aerospace Medical Association offers free information publications for passengers preparing for commercial airline travel. We also offer more detailed medical guidelines for physicians that can be used to advise patients with preexisting illness planning to travel by air.
Which of the following is NOT included in an examination of the sensorium?
a.Orientation to time, place, and personb.Retention of three unrelated memory items for five minutesc.General knowledged.Depressed or elated moode.Proverb interpretation: concrete or abstract.
Read the Answer More Questions
Read the original here:
- Just 19 Percent of Americans Trust Self-Driving Cars With Kids - March 16th, 2019
- Elon Musk: $47,000 Model Y SUV “Will Ride Like a Sports Car” - March 16th, 2019
- Special Announcement: Futurism Media and Singularity University - March 16th, 2019
- This Guy Spent a Whole Week In a VR Headset - March 16th, 2019
- How Can We Build Cities to Accommodate 6.5 Billion People? - March 16th, 2019
- Samsung Is Working on Phone With “Invisible” Camera Behind Screen - March 16th, 2019
- Presidential Hopeful Beto O’Rourke Belonged to Infamous Hacker Group - March 16th, 2019
- Elon Musk: 2019 Will Be “the Year of the Solar Roof” - March 16th, 2019
- Here’s How Hackers Stole $15 Million From Mexican Banks - March 16th, 2019
- Slack Just Removed a Bunch of Hate Groups - March 16th, 2019
- States Are Approving Cannabis to Fight Opioid Addiction - March 16th, 2019
- This Tech Could Secure Medical Implants Against Hackers - March 16th, 2019
- NASA: Space Travel Is Causing Astronauts’ Herpes to Flare Up - March 16th, 2019
- New Robot Hand Works Like a Venus Flytrap to Grip Objects - March 16th, 2019
- The Pentagon Wants an Orbital Space Weapon to Blast Enemy Missiles - March 16th, 2019
- Computer Fraud Laws are Flawed, this Lawyer is Fighting Against Them - March 16th, 2019
- NASA Engineer: Humans Should Consider Settling Saturn’s Moon Titan - March 16th, 2019
- New Rocket Engine Could Whip You From London to Sydney in 4 Hours - March 16th, 2019
- Astronomers Just Found 83 Giant Black Holes at Universe’s Edge - March 16th, 2019
- Pilots Were Worried About Boeing 737 Max Before Deadly Crash - March 14th, 2019
- See the Robot Head That Might Interview You for Your Next Job - March 14th, 2019
- Ethicist Warns: Future AI Could Take Revenge for How We Treat It Now - March 14th, 2019
- Russian Scientists Used a Quantum Computer to Turn Back Time - March 14th, 2019
- Get Ready For More Interactive Netflix Programming - March 14th, 2019
- NASA Might Send Astronauts Around the Moon on Commercial Rocket - March 14th, 2019
- Experts Call for Temporary World Ban on Gene-Hacked Children - March 14th, 2019
- New Google App Describes Objects to Blind People - March 14th, 2019
- Why IBM Thinks Quantum Computers Will Boost Machine Learning - March 14th, 2019
- First Graphene-Based Device Is A “Few Months” Away, Says Startup - March 14th, 2019
- This Guy is Hacking Printers to Warn About Job-Stealing AI - March 14th, 2019
- Mercury Is Every Planet in the Solar System’s Closest Neighbor - March 14th, 2019
- Mayor Announces $10 Billion Plan to Save NYC From Rising Seas - March 14th, 2019
- Facebook Had a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day - March 14th, 2019
- DARPA Is Building an Open Source Voting Machine - March 14th, 2019
- New Research: People Who Get Defeated By AI Feel Horrible - March 14th, 2019
- Scientists Create Material That Blocks Sound, but Not Air or Light - March 14th, 2019
- See the Most Breathtaking Views of the Martian Surface Yet - March 14th, 2019
- This Autonomous Robot Arm Feeds People Who Can’t Feed Themselves - March 14th, 2019
- Boeing Is Prepping to Launch Astronauts to Space Station - March 9th, 2019
- China: New “Artificial Sun” Will Be Completed This Year - March 9th, 2019
- SpaceX’s Crew Dragon Spacecraft Splashes Down in the Atlantic - March 9th, 2019
- New SETI Plan: Detect Alien Starships Powered by Black Holes - March 9th, 2019
- NASA Is About to Test a Giant Solar Drone That Broadcasts 5G - March 9th, 2019
- NASA Announces World’s First All-Female Spacewalk - March 9th, 2019
- Stalkers Are Pretending to be Cops to Steal Your Phone’s Location - March 9th, 2019
- Elizabeth Warren Shares Plan to Break up Facebook, Google, Amazon - March 9th, 2019
- New Zealand Farmers Are Using Drones to Herd Sheep - March 9th, 2019
- Robbers Tortured a Man With a Drill to Steal His Cryptocurrency - March 9th, 2019
- Psychedelic Mushrooms Can Boost Creativity and Empathy for a Week - March 9th, 2019
- Police Arrest Vandal Who Trashed Tesla Supercharger - March 9th, 2019
- Watch a 3D Printed Self-Driving Shuttle Smash Into a Wall - March 9th, 2019
- Mitsubishi’s New Hybrid Can Power Your Home During a Blackout - March 9th, 2019
- What Happens Once Robots Become Film Directors? - March 9th, 2019
- Seaweed Straw “Looks, Feels, and Acts Like Plastic,” Says Startup - March 9th, 2019
- Zuckerberg Said to Have “Panic Chute” for Escape From Facebook HQ - March 9th, 2019
- Residents Are Furious About Google’s Drone Delivery Service - March 9th, 2019
- NASA’s Stunning Image: Supersonic Shockwaves Smashing Together - March 9th, 2019
- Ripple Price Forecast: XRP vs SWIFT, SEC Updates, and More - March 5th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Price Forecast: Trust Is Growing, But Prices Are Falling - March 5th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: This Week on Bitfinex, Tether, Coinbase, & More - March 5th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Bitcoin ETFs, Andreessen Horowitz, and Contradictions in Crypto - March 5th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Looking Past the Bithumb Crypto Hack - March 5th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: What You Need to Know This Week - March 5th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: XRP Validators, Malta, and Practical Tokens - March 5th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Bitcoin ETF Rejection, AMD Microchip Sales, and Hedge Funds - March 5th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: New Exchanges Could Boost Crypto Liquidity - March 5th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Vitalik Buterin Doesn’t Care About Bitcoin ETFs - March 5th, 2019
- Ayn Rand | Biography, Books, & Facts | Britannica.com - March 3rd, 2019
- Ayn Rand - Official Site - March 3rd, 2019
- Inspirational Ayn Rand quotes On Life and Capitalism - March 3rd, 2019
- About Ayn Rand - Biography | AynRand.org - March 3rd, 2019
- Who Is Ayn Rand? - The Objective Standard - March 3rd, 2019
- Ayn Rand Institute - Official Site - March 3rd, 2019
- About - The New Jim Crow - February 21st, 2019
- A Brief History of the Drug War | Drug Policy Alliance - February 21st, 2019
- Political crime - Wikipedia - February 21st, 2019
- Environmental Crimes - UNICRI - February 21st, 2019
- Nootropics Expert | The Authority on Nootropic Supplements - February 20th, 2019
- The Complete Guide To Nootropics | Braintropic - February 20th, 2019
- Nootropic | Definition of Nootropic by Merriam-Webster - February 20th, 2019