So, Readers –
As always, we’ve got some news about the future. Except this time, it’s about us.
We’re about to enter the next chapter of Futurism, one that will usher in a new era for this site. It’ll come with new ways we’ll be able to deliver on everything you’ve grown to read, watch, subscribe to, and love about what we do here. And also, more in volume of what we do, with larger ambitions, and ultimately, a higher level of quality with which we’re able to bring those ambitions to fruition.
As of today, Futurism Media is proud to announce that we’re joining operations with Singularity University. In other words: They bought us, they own us, and quite frankly, we’re excited about the deal.
It’s an excitement and an occasion we share in with you, our community of readers — aspiring and working technologists, scientists, engineers, academics, and fans, who carried us to where we are, who helped make this independent media company what it is today. We’ve always been humbled by your support, and we’ve worked to reciprocate it by publishing one of the most crucial independent technology and science digital digests, every day, full stop.
What this changes for you? Nothing. Really. Except: More of what you’ve come to count on Futurism.com to deliver every time you’ve read our stories, opened our emails, swiped up on our ‘Gram, watched our videos, dropped in on our events, clicked through a Byte, and so on. This partnership represents the sum total of the work you’ve engaged with, and the start of a new chapter in which we’ll be able to deliver on more of the above.
That means increased coverage of the emergent, cutting-edge innovation and scientific developments changing the world, and the key characters and narratives shaping them (or being shaped by them). It means an expanded, in-depth feature publishing program, arriving this Spring (it’s rad, and it’s gonna blow your socks off). It means more breaking news reporting and analysis. It means original media products you haven’t seen from us before — new verticals, microsites, other ways for you to get in the mix with our coverage. And yes, by working in concert with Singularity University, we’re going to have a pretty decent competitive advantage: Direct access to the characters and personas shaping our future, the people, ideas, and innovations right at the frontier of exponential growth technologies. Our branded content team, Futurism Creative, will also continue to produce guideline-abiding, cutting-edge, thoughtful and engaging content for our partners, and for the partners of SU, too. And finally, our Futurism Studios division will continue to push the envelope of feature-length narrative storytelling of the science fiction (and science fact) stories of that future.
Will this change our journalism? Not in the slightest. We’ll still be operating as an independent, objective news outlet, without interference from our partners, who will continue to hold us to the same ethics and accountability standards we’ve held ourselves to these last few years. There might be more appearances from the folks at SU in our work (not that SU’s proliferate network of notable alumni or board members haven’t previously made appearances around these parts prior to this), but by no means will SU be shoehorning themselves into what we do here.
Yet: Where the opportunity exists, we’ll absolutely seize on the chance to co-create and catalyze action together to shape the technology and science stories on the horizon, to say nothing of that future itself. We’ll continue to make quality the primary concern — and they’re here to support that mandate, and augment this team with additional resources to accomplish it. If even the appearance of a conflict presents itself, as always, we’ll default to disclosure. But it’d be absurd of us not to take advantage of the immense base of knowledge our new partners in Mountain View have on offer (an apt comparison here would be, say, Harvard Business Review to H.B.S. or M.I.T. and our contemporaries at the MIT Technology Review).
We’ve been circling this partnership for a while; they, fans of ours, and us, fans of theirs. The original mandate of Futurism as written by our C.E.O. Alex Klokus was to increase the rate of human adaptability towards the future through delivering on the news of where that future is headed. Singularity University concerns itself with educating the world on the exponential growth technologies changing our lives. It’s a perfect merging of interests. Where exponential growth technologies are concerned: One only need look as far as the way online advertising and social platforms changed the economics of media to see this. To find a home with a growing institution that will prove increasingly vital to the growing global community they’ve already established in spades is the best possible outcome. And no, we didn’t get crazy-rich or anything. But we did galvanize the future (and all its possibilities) for everyone at this company, and our ability to keep serving you, our readers.
We’re immensely proud of the scrappy, tight team here; and especially you, our community of readers and partners we’ve grown with these last few years. We’re proud of the product we’ve created, especially last year, when we steered away from reliance on social media platforms for an audience, and reconfigured an editorial strategy around the priority of driving you directly to Futurism.com daily, by prioritizing quality, topicality, reliability, and on-site presentation (shocker: it worked). Now, we proud to be able to do more, better, of what we’ve always done here:
Tell the stories of tomorrow, today. On behalf of the entire Brooklyn-based Futurism team, thanks for being along for the ride so far, and on behalf of the new Futurism x Singularity University family, here’s to more of where that came from.
The future, as ever, is looking bright. We can’t wait to tell you about it.
– Foster Kamer
Director of Content
Director of Strategic Operations
President of Futurism Studios
The post Special Announcement: Futurism Media and Singularity University appeared first on Futurism.
The rest is here:
- 'Laser tweezers' in nano lab used in search for drug to prevent COVID-19 replication - The Province - May 3rd, 2020
- Missouri Indian American Professor Develops Disinfecting Tunnel to Kill Viral Infections Using Silver Nano-particles - India West - May 3rd, 2020
- Triple Negative Breast Cancer Treatment Market to Grow at Stellar CAGR Double In% During the Forecast Period 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 3rd, 2020
- PDF | What Is The Impact Of COVID 19 On Nano-Silicon Dioxide Market? | Eon Market Research Analysis Report 2020 - MR Invasion - May 3rd, 2020
- What is Nanomedicine? : Center for Nanomedicine - March 31st, 2020
- Nanomedicine | medicine | Britannica - March 31st, 2020
- Nano Medicine: Meaning, Advantages and Disadvantages - March 31st, 2020
- Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology and Medicine ... - March 31st, 2020
- What Might be the Best Way to Delivery Nanoparticle Therapy for Cancer? - Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News - March 31st, 2020
- Nano Healthcare Technology For Medical Equipment Market Business Opportunities, 2020 Trends, Challenges and Standardization, Research, Key Players and... - March 31st, 2020
- Global Healthcare Nanotechnology Market 2019 Present Status and Future Opportunities by Major Companies Typs and Applications 2024 - The Fuel Fox - March 31st, 2020
- Nanobiotix 2019 Q4 and Annual Revenues - BioSpace - February 29th, 2020
- Dying Of Flu, College Student Used Cellphone To Call 911. He Died When Police Couldn't Find His Location. - Kaiser Health News - February 29th, 2020
- Clene Nanomedicine Announces First Patient Dosed in the RESCUE-ALS Clinical Trial for the Treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) with Lead... - January 25th, 2020
- Modifying ICCA with Trp-Phe-Phe to Enhance in vivo Activity and Form N | IJN - Dove Medical Press - January 25th, 2020
- Biomedical Applications of Zeolitic Nanoparticles, with an Emphasis on | IJN - Dove Medical Press - January 25th, 2020
- Nanocarriers for Stroke Therapy: Advances and Obstacles in Translating | IJN - Dove Medical Press - January 25th, 2020
- Healthcare Nanotechnology (Nanomedicine) Market Share, Size, Future Demand, Global Research, Top Leading Player, Emerging Trends and Forecast to 2015 ... - January 25th, 2020
- Advancells Group & IFC Concluded their 3-Day Workshop on Regenerative Medicine - Business Wire India - January 25th, 2020
- I asked Tanzanians about studying in China: here's what they said - The Conversation Africa - January 25th, 2020
- The Future Of Nano Medicine - January 19th, 2020
- New Approaches in Breast Cancer Therapy Through Green Nanotechnology a | IJN - Dove Medical Press - January 19th, 2020
- Controlled phage therapy hints at future alternative to antibiotics - New Atlas - January 19th, 2020
- A New Old Therapy - The UCSB Current - January 19th, 2020
- Most engineered nanoparticles enter tumours through cells not between them, U of T researchers find - News@UofT - January 19th, 2020
- Canterbury father and son's invention will revolutionise medical treatment - Stuff.co.nz - December 28th, 2019
- Rewind 2019: A Look Back at Significant Developments in Indian Science This Year - The Weather Channel - December 27th, 2019
- Electroplating method makes conductive nanostraws for injecting into and sampling from cells - Chemical & Engineering News - December 3rd, 2019
- Protein-Protected Metal Nanoclusters That Behave Like Natural Enzymes - Advanced Science News - December 3rd, 2019
- Design and Synthesis of Gold-Gadolinium-Core-Shell Nanoparticles as Co | IJN - Dove Medical Press - December 3rd, 2019
- Biochips Technologies, Companies, Applications & Markets, 2028 - 94 Companies are Included Along with a Listing of 121 Collaborations Between... - December 3rd, 2019
- Invicro LLC Joins Accenture's INTIENT Network to Help Advance Innovation in Drug Discovery and Scientific Research - BioSpace - December 3rd, 2019
- Nanoparticle therapy shows promise for treatment of rare cancer - The Brown Daily Herald - November 22nd, 2019
- At 9.6% CAGR, Healthcare Nanotechnology Market Global Industry to Reach Valuation over 306100 Million USD by 2025 - Markets Gazette 24 - November 22nd, 2019
- Nanotherapies for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Advantages, Challenges, and Future Direction - Rheumatology Advisor - November 22nd, 2019
- World Pancreatic Cancer Day: increasing awareness and inspiring action - UNSW Newsroom - November 22nd, 2019
- Bankrupt biopharmas are rare. 2019 has some worried that's changing. - BioPharma Dive - November 22nd, 2019
- Healthcare Nanotechnology Market Needs and Demand Analysis 2019 to 2025 - The Chicago Sentinel - November 13th, 2019
- Medical equipment to be infection-free now, says study - Zee News - November 12th, 2019
- Advances in nanomedicine for the treatment of ankylosing spondylitis | IJN - Dove Medical Press - November 1st, 2019
- Market Share in Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine for Treatment of Viral Infections Could Reach Tens of Billion Dollars - P&T Community - November 1st, 2019
- A highly biocompatible and intravenous injectable hafnium oxide nanocrystal synthesized to enhance radiaotherapy efficacy for cancer treatment -... - November 1st, 2019
- Doheny and UCLA Stein Eye Institutes Welcome Kaustabh Ghosh, PhD, to the Scientific and Clinical Research Faculty - PRNewswire - November 1st, 2019
- SUNY Potsdam chemistry professor awarded grant from National Institutes of Health - NNY360 - October 1st, 2019
- Improving 131I Radioiodine Therapy By Hybrid Polymer-Grafted Gold Nano | IJN - Dove Medical Press - October 1st, 2019
- MagForce AG to host Lunch Symposium on Local Therapies in Malignant Gliomas during the 19th European Congress of Neurosurgery (EANS2019) - BioSpace - October 1st, 2019
- Synthetic networks with tunable responsiveness, biodegradation, and molecular recognition for precision medicine applications - Science Advances - October 1st, 2019
- Self-Assembly Of Retinoid Nanoparticles For Melanoma Therapy | IJN - Dove Medical Press - October 1st, 2019
- Nanomanipulator Market Upcoming Trends, Revenue, Key Manufactures and Competitive Analysis till 2025 - One Digi Click - October 1st, 2019
- First-of-its-kind trial in ALS spurs hope for brutal disease - BioPharma Dive - October 1st, 2019
- FBI Investigation Targets Trump Booster Peter Thiel’s VC Firm - September 14th, 2019
- YouTube Influencers Are Mentally Collapsing From Stress - September 14th, 2019
- Watch SpaceX Test Its Crew Dragon’s Escape System - September 14th, 2019
- MIT Team “Accidentally” Invents Blackest Material in Existence - September 14th, 2019
- A Driver Tricked Uber’s Algorithm, Sexually Assaulted a Passenger - September 14th, 2019
- Toyota Wants to Slather Solar Panels All Over Its Prius Hybrid - September 14th, 2019
- A Runaway Star Is Escaping a Black Hole at 1.2 Million MPH - September 14th, 2019
- Putin Critic Uses Drone to Save Hard Drives Before Police Raid - September 14th, 2019
- Airbus Planes Will Track How Often Passengers Go to the Bathroom - September 14th, 2019
- Watch a Robot Fish Fly by Shooting Water out of Its Rear - September 14th, 2019
- Residents Are Trying to Flee Russian Town Where Snow Turned Black - September 14th, 2019
- This Startup Will Send DNA From Your Spit to the Moon for $99 - September 14th, 2019
- Horrifying Study: Corpses Thrash Around For a Year After Death - September 14th, 2019
- French Gov Official Warns Facebook: Libra Is Not Welcome Here - September 14th, 2019
- Watch a Tesla Model X Blast Through Deep Flood Waters - September 14th, 2019
- Milky Way’s Giant Black Hole Lets out Two Giant, Radioactive Burps - September 14th, 2019
- Instagram Keeps Accidentally Flagging Fish Photos as Offensive - September 14th, 2019
- MIT Community Horrified by Famed Researcher’s Epstein Outburst - September 14th, 2019
- Unlike MIT, Harvard Cut Off Epstein Donations After Conviction - September 14th, 2019
- Can You Tell Which of These Models Is CGI? - May 28th, 2019
- We Asked an AI to Finish Real Elon Musk Tweets - May 28th, 2019
- Watch a Super-Strong Robot Dog Pull a Three-Ton Airplane - May 28th, 2019
- Asteroid Flying by Earth Is so Big It Has Its Own Moon - May 28th, 2019
- United Nations: Siri and Alexa Are Encouraging Misogyny - May 28th, 2019
- New Law Could End Robocalling Once and For All - May 28th, 2019
- Scientists Set New Temperature Record for Superconductivity - May 28th, 2019
- Elevate Your Leadership and Grow Your Business at Your Clouds Can 2019 - May 28th, 2019
- NASA’s Moon Mission Leader Just Quit After Only Six Weeks - May 28th, 2019
- Watch a Tesla in an Underground Tunnel Race One on the Street - May 28th, 2019
- SpaceX Just Unleashed 60 Starlink Satellites Into Orbit - May 28th, 2019