The bold predictions were made by Ray Kurzwell, director of engineering at Google, which has now been put under the microscope by Express.co.uk.
During a Global Futures 2045 International Congress, he sensationally said: We’re going to become increasingly non-biological to the point where the non-biological part dominates and the biological part is not important any more.
The mind-boggling speech added that mankind will have machine bodies by 2100.
Professor Stephen Hawking also thinks it will be possible to upload our minds saying the brain is like a programme in the mind, which is like a computer, so it was theoretically possible to copy the brain onto a computer and so provide a form of life after death.
But he added that this is way beyond out present capabilities.
Express.co.uk discovered mankind is caught in a paradox with experts knowing they WILL be able to do it, but are not sure how.
While there are solid theories about how we can make sci-fi a reality, theres one major hurdle scientists need to figure out first understanding what the mind actually is.
The average brain is made up of around 86 billion neurones which all interact with each other by sending electrical signals.
Although this is known, what remains unclear is how this makes up the mind what makes us which is proving to be a stumbling block in conscious uploading.
As it stands, it would take around two years to completely map a flys brain and all of its interaction with itself, so mapping a human brain, including memories which again is unclear how theyre stored, to upload to computer would be virtually impossible, but this doesnt mean that it wont come in the future.
When Express.co.uk contacted Google to explain how it will be able to upload minds to a computer, it played its cards typically close to its chest.
A source at Google said it is currently learning how to make computers easier and will begin looking into mind uploading in the future.
Kurzweil added: Our scanning machines today can clearly capture neural features as long as the scanner is very close to the source.
Within 30 years, however, we will be able to send billions of nanobots-blood cell-size scanning machines-through every capillary of the brain to create a complete noninvasive scan of every neural feature.
A shot full of nanobots will someday allow the most subtle details of our knowledge, skills and personalities to be copied into a file and stored in a computer.
But Professor Rafael Yuste of Columbia University said: “The challenge is precisely how to go from a physical substrate of cells that are connected inside this organ, to our mental world, our thoughts, our memories, our feelings.
- Expert: AI-Generated Music Is A “Total Legal Clusterf*ck” - April 21st, 2019
- The Mueller Report Confirms We’re Living in a Cyberpunk Dystopia - April 21st, 2019
- When the Large Hadron Collider Turns on, It May Trap Dark Matter - April 21st, 2019
- This Space Roomba Could Clean the ISS While Astronauts Sleep - April 21st, 2019
- John McAfee Vows to Reveal Bitcoin’s Creator - April 21st, 2019
- Astronomers Finally Found the Universe’s First Type of Molecule - April 21st, 2019
- India Blew up a Satellite. Now A “Space Fence” Is Tracking Its Debris - April 21st, 2019
- Professor: Total Surveillance Is the Only Way to Save Humanity - April 21st, 2019
- Amazing New Rocket Engine Sucks up Atmospheric Oxygen for Fuel - April 21st, 2019
- Climate Change Could Cause Fukushima-Style Meltdowns in the US - April 21st, 2019
- Denver Is Voting on Whether to Decriminalize Psychedelic Mushrooms - April 21st, 2019
- The Government Wants to Make an Example out of Mark Zuckerberg - April 21st, 2019
- China’s Military Built an Autonomous Amphibious Landing Vehicle - April 21st, 2019
- Boston Dynamics Unveils SpotMini You’ll Actually Be Able to Buy - April 21st, 2019
- Puerto Rico Will Stop Burning Coal Next Year - April 21st, 2019
- Listen to Brutal Death Metal Made by a Neural Network - April 21st, 2019
- From Coffee to Popcorn, Celebrate 420 With These Futuristic CBD Edibles - April 21st, 2019
- Scientists Create Material With “Artificial Metabolism” - April 21st, 2019
- Scientists Find Genetic Variants That Prevent Obesity, Diabetes - April 21st, 2019
- IBM Pulls the Plug on Drug-Discovering Watson AI - April 21st, 2019
- Mind uploading in fiction - Wikipedia - April 20th, 2019
- Share | AA Grapevine - April 20th, 2019
- Mind Control Sex Stories - Literotica - April 20th, 2019
- 37 Mind Blowing YouTube Facts, Figures and Statistics ... - April 20th, 2019
- Scientists Find a New Way to Kickstart Stable Fusion Reactions - April 12th, 2019
- The Israeli Moon Lander Is About to Touch Down - April 12th, 2019
- Some People Are Exceptionally Good at Predicting the Future - April 12th, 2019
- Scientists Say New Quantum Material Could “‘Download’ Your Brain” - April 12th, 2019
- Here’s How Big the M87 Black Hole Is Compared to the Earth - April 12th, 2019
- Amazon Workers Listen to Your Alexa Conversations, Then Mock Them - April 12th, 2019
- Report: Tesla Doc Is Playing Down Injuries to Block Workers’ Comp - April 12th, 2019
- Infertile Couple Gives Birth to “Three-Parent Baby” - April 12th, 2019
- MIT Prof: If We Live in a Simulation, Are We Players or NPCs? - April 12th, 2019
- NASA: Genetic Changes Caused by Space Travel Are Temporary - April 12th, 2019
- Israel’s Lunar Lander Just Crashed Into the Moon - April 12th, 2019
- We Wouldn’t Have the First Black Hole Image Without Katie Bouman - April 12th, 2019
- NASA Is Funding the Development of 18 Bizarre New Projects - April 12th, 2019
- Family Caught Selling Diseased Body Parts to Medical Centers - April 12th, 2019
- SpaceX Milestone: Company Lands Three Falcon Heavy Boosters - April 12th, 2019
- Space Station Mice Learned to Propel Themselves in Zero Gravity - April 12th, 2019
- People Are Horrified When They Have to Torture a Virtual Person - April 12th, 2019
- Fecal Transplants Reduce Symptoms of Autism Long Term - April 12th, 2019
- The First Black Hole Photo Is Even More Amazing When You Zoom Out - April 12th, 2019
- Astronomy - Wikipedia - April 11th, 2019
- astronomy | Definition & Facts | Britannica.com - April 11th, 2019
- Astronomy Picture of the Day - April 11th, 2019
- Astronomy | Definition of Astronomy by Merriam-Webster - April 11th, 2019
- Special Announcement: Futurism Media and Singularity University - March 16th, 2019
- Just 19 Percent of Americans Trust Self-Driving Cars With Kids - March 16th, 2019
- Elon Musk: $47,000 Model Y SUV “Will Ride Like a Sports Car” - March 16th, 2019
- Elon Musk: 2019 Will Be “the Year of the Solar Roof” - March 16th, 2019
- This Guy Spent a Whole Week In a VR Headset - March 16th, 2019
- How Can We Build Cities to Accommodate 6.5 Billion People? - March 16th, 2019
- Samsung Is Working on Phone With “Invisible” Camera Behind Screen - March 16th, 2019
- Slack Just Removed a Bunch of Hate Groups - March 16th, 2019
- Presidential Hopeful Beto O’Rourke Belonged to Infamous Hacker Group - March 16th, 2019
- States Are Approving Cannabis to Fight Opioid Addiction - March 16th, 2019
- This Tech Could Secure Medical Implants Against Hackers - March 16th, 2019
- Here’s How Hackers Stole $15 Million From Mexican Banks - March 16th, 2019
- NASA Engineer: Humans Should Consider Settling Saturn’s Moon Titan - March 16th, 2019
- New Rocket Engine Could Whip You From London to Sydney in 4 Hours - March 16th, 2019
- NASA: Space Travel Is Causing Astronauts’ Herpes to Flare Up - March 16th, 2019
- New Robot Hand Works Like a Venus Flytrap to Grip Objects - March 16th, 2019
- Astronomers Just Found 83 Giant Black Holes at Universe’s Edge - March 16th, 2019
- The Pentagon Wants an Orbital Space Weapon to Blast Enemy Missiles - March 16th, 2019
- Computer Fraud Laws are Flawed, this Lawyer is Fighting Against Them - March 16th, 2019
- Russian Scientists Used a Quantum Computer to Turn Back Time - March 14th, 2019
- See the Robot Head That Might Interview You for Your Next Job - March 14th, 2019
- Pilots Were Worried About Boeing 737 Max Before Deadly Crash - March 14th, 2019
- Experts Call for Temporary World Ban on Gene-Hacked Children - March 14th, 2019
- Get Ready For More Interactive Netflix Programming - March 14th, 2019
- NASA Might Send Astronauts Around the Moon on Commercial Rocket - March 14th, 2019
- Ethicist Warns: Future AI Could Take Revenge for How We Treat It Now - March 14th, 2019
- New Google App Describes Objects to Blind People - March 14th, 2019
- Why IBM Thinks Quantum Computers Will Boost Machine Learning - March 14th, 2019
- First Graphene-Based Device Is A “Few Months” Away, Says Startup - March 14th, 2019
- This Guy is Hacking Printers to Warn About Job-Stealing AI - March 14th, 2019
- Mercury Is Every Planet in the Solar System’s Closest Neighbor - March 14th, 2019
- New Research: People Who Get Defeated By AI Feel Horrible - March 14th, 2019
- Mayor Announces $10 Billion Plan to Save NYC From Rising Seas - March 14th, 2019