So, Readers –
As always, we’ve got some news about the future. Except this time, it’s about us.
We’re about to enter the next chapter of Futurism, one that will usher in a new era for this site. It’ll come with new ways we’ll be able to deliver on everything you’ve grown to read, watch, subscribe to, and love about what we do here. And also, more in volume of what we do, with larger ambitions, and ultimately, a higher level of quality with which we’re able to bring those ambitions to fruition.
As of today, Futurism Media is proud to announce that we’re joining operations with Singularity University. In other words: They bought us, they own us, and quite frankly, we’re excited about the deal.
It’s an excitement and an occasion we share in with you, our community of readers — aspiring and working technologists, scientists, engineers, academics, and fans, who carried us to where we are, who helped make this independent media company what it is today. We’ve always been humbled by your support, and we’ve worked to reciprocate it by publishing one of the most crucial independent technology and science digital digests, every day, full stop.
What this changes for you? Nothing. Really. Except: More of what you’ve come to count on Futurism.com to deliver every time you’ve read our stories, opened our emails, swiped up on our ‘Gram, watched our videos, dropped in on our events, clicked through a Byte, and so on. This partnership represents the sum total of the work you’ve engaged with, and the start of a new chapter in which we’ll be able to deliver on more of the above.
That means increased coverage of the emergent, cutting-edge innovation and scientific developments changing the world, and the key characters and narratives shaping them (or being shaped by them). It means an expanded, in-depth feature publishing program, arriving this Spring (it’s rad, and it’s gonna blow your socks off). It means more breaking news reporting and analysis. It means original media products you haven’t seen from us before — new verticals, microsites, other ways for you to get in the mix with our coverage. And yes, by working in concert with Singularity University, we’re going to have a pretty decent competitive advantage: Direct access to the characters and personas shaping our future, the people, ideas, and innovations right at the frontier of exponential growth technologies. Our branded content team, Futurism Creative, will also continue to produce guideline-abiding, cutting-edge, thoughtful and engaging content for our partners, and for the partners of SU, too. And finally, our Futurism Studios division will continue to push the envelope of feature-length narrative storytelling of the science fiction (and science fact) stories of that future.
Will this change our journalism? Not in the slightest. We’ll still be operating as an independent, objective news outlet, without interference from our partners, who will continue to hold us to the same ethics and accountability standards we’ve held ourselves to these last few years. There might be more appearances from the folks at SU in our work (not that SU’s proliferate network of notable alumni or board members haven’t previously made appearances around these parts prior to this), but by no means will SU be shoehorning themselves into what we do here.
Yet: Where the opportunity exists, we’ll absolutely seize on the chance to co-create and catalyze action together to shape the technology and science stories on the horizon, to say nothing of that future itself. We’ll continue to make quality the primary concern — and they’re here to support that mandate, and augment this team with additional resources to accomplish it. If even the appearance of a conflict presents itself, as always, we’ll default to disclosure. But it’d be absurd of us not to take advantage of the immense base of knowledge our new partners in Mountain View have on offer (an apt comparison here would be, say, Harvard Business Review to H.B.S. or M.I.T. and our contemporaries at the MIT Technology Review).
We’ve been circling this partnership for a while; they, fans of ours, and us, fans of theirs. The original mandate of Futurism as written by our C.E.O. Alex Klokus was to increase the rate of human adaptability towards the future through delivering on the news of where that future is headed. Singularity University concerns itself with educating the world on the exponential growth technologies changing our lives. It’s a perfect merging of interests. Where exponential growth technologies are concerned: One only need look as far as the way online advertising and social platforms changed the economics of media to see this. To find a home with a growing institution that will prove increasingly vital to the growing global community they’ve already established in spades is the best possible outcome. And no, we didn’t get crazy-rich or anything. But we did galvanize the future (and all its possibilities) for everyone at this company, and our ability to keep serving you, our readers.
We’re immensely proud of the scrappy, tight team here; and especially you, our community of readers and partners we’ve grown with these last few years. We’re proud of the product we’ve created, especially last year, when we steered away from reliance on social media platforms for an audience, and reconfigured an editorial strategy around the priority of driving you directly to Futurism.com daily, by prioritizing quality, topicality, reliability, and on-site presentation (shocker: it worked). Now, we proud to be able to do more, better, of what we’ve always done here:
Tell the stories of tomorrow, today. On behalf of the entire Brooklyn-based Futurism team, thanks for being along for the ride so far, and on behalf of the new Futurism x Singularity University family, here’s to more of where that came from.
The future, as ever, is looking bright. We can’t wait to tell you about it.
– Foster Kamer
Director of Content
Director of Strategic Operations
President of Futurism Studios
The post Special Announcement: Futurism Media and Singularity University appeared first on Futurism.
Go here to read the rest:
- Liberty Health Sciences Appoints George Gremse To The Board Of Directors - PRNewswire - October 16th, 2019
- ZOM Senior Living, in a venture with Liberty Senior Living and funds managed by Ares Management Corporation's Real Estate Group, announces... - October 16th, 2019
- EAST LIBERTY DEVELOPMENT: Vote Wednesday could help clear way for controversial $50 million project in East Liberty - WPXI Pittsburgh - October 16th, 2019
- Take A Look! | Black Bear Spotted Swimming In Liberty Reservoir - CBS Baltimore - October 16th, 2019
- Religious Liberty, Nondiscrimination, and the Left - National Review - October 16th, 2019
- 'Citizens for Liberty and Labor' PAC drops another $40K against Woodward's campaign - KXLY Spokane - October 16th, 2019
- Liberty Harbor East opens, bringing another luxury apartment building and relocated Whole Foods to Baltimore - Baltimore Sun - October 16th, 2019
- Kelvin Edwards honored to have his jersey retired at Liberty - Lynchburg News and Advance - October 16th, 2019
- Liberty City and Brownville will not rise | Letters to the Editor - The Miami Times - October 16th, 2019
- Have you ever wanted to fly in a World War II-era B-17 or P-51 Mustang? Heres your chance - Commercial Appeal - October 16th, 2019
- Water Main Break On Liberty Ave. In Front Of Wyndham Grand Hotel Floods Road - CBS Pittsburgh - October 16th, 2019
- No Parking Ordinance Vexes Some Liberty Residents - The Tube City Almanac - October 16th, 2019
- Review: Liberty: Mother of Exiles pays tribute to the statue - Los Angeles Times - October 16th, 2019
- What it's like to grow up next to the Statue of Liberty - New York Post - October 16th, 2019
- In Focus: New Red Door Grill in Liberty allows you to leave troubles at door - KMBC Kansas City - October 16th, 2019
- Readers respond: We need a southern Statue of Liberty - OregonLive.com - October 16th, 2019
- ICRC welcomes the UN's Global Study on Children Deprived of Liberty - World - ReliefWeb - October 16th, 2019
- Contest for Liberty Review: Commanding the Continentals - The Wall Street Journal - October 1st, 2019
- Contradicting earlier account, Liberty's accreditor says it has not contacted university over media reports - Lynchburg News and Advance - October 1st, 2019
- Argument over Carson King, Busch Light leads to assault in North Liberty - The Gazette - October 1st, 2019
- Correction: Liberty University-Falwell story - The Associated Press - October 1st, 2019
- Liberty Gold Drills Thick, High-Grade Carlin-Style Gold Mineralization at the Black Pine Project, Idaho, USA, Including 2.51 g/t Oxide Gold over 41.1... - October 1st, 2019
- Bellaire Big Reds; West Liberty University Team Of The Week - WTRF - October 1st, 2019
- Elvis, Tina Turner, Madonna and the Statue of Liberty walk into the University of Arizona - Arizona Daily Wildcat - October 1st, 2019
- Police reveal names of young girls found dead in car in Liberty County - WJCL News - October 1st, 2019
- If You Had Bought Liberty Braves Group (NASDAQ:BATR.K) Stock Three Years Ago, You Could Pocket A 60% Gain Today - Simply Wall St - October 1st, 2019
- Freedom of Association: The First Liberty - Stoutonia - October 1st, 2019
- Liberty and the pursuit of happiness - Washington Times - October 1st, 2019
- Religious Liberty Fight on the Horizon at SCOTUS - Townhall - October 1st, 2019
- Wellsboro's Mann nets 50th in win over NP-Liberty - Towanda Daily Review - October 1st, 2019
- Region roundup: Liberty volleyball earns third straight sweep, and more - Lynchburg News and Advance - October 1st, 2019
- Liberty University official to launch primary challenge to GOP's Riggleman | TheHill - The Hill - October 1st, 2019
- Curbs in Kashmir: There has to be balance between personal liberty & national security, says SC - Economic Times - October 1st, 2019
- WNBA Great Teresa Weatherspoon to Make Mark in NBA - HERO Sports - October 1st, 2019
- Liberty the perfect place for Brandon Hall to return to coaching wrestling - lehighvalleylive.com - October 1st, 2019
- International Space Station to be visible on Sept. 19-20 - Yahoo News - September 19th, 2019
- A Room with a Galactic View Inside the Worlds First Space Hotel - The Vintage News - September 19th, 2019
- Bigelow's B330 - an autonomous, expandable independent exploration space station - NASASpaceflight.com - September 19th, 2019
- First hotel in space set to open in 2025 with cruise ship amenities and out-of-this-world views - Fox 35 Orlando - September 19th, 2019
- Bigelow Aerospace and NASA test earthly mockup of interplanetary space station - GeekWire - September 19th, 2019
- Designs revealed for incredible new space hotel - CNN - September 19th, 2019
- NASA Astronauts interact with Kentucky students while in space - WBKO - September 19th, 2019
- Fox's 'Ad Astra' Bets on More Than Just Space Spectacle to Draw Moviegoers - Hollywood Reporter - September 19th, 2019
- Brad Pitt to Speak with NASA Astronaut on Space Station about Artemis Program - PRNewswire - September 19th, 2019
- Maine astronauts to shake hands in space - NewsCenterMaine.com WCSH-WLBZ - September 19th, 2019
- First commercial space hotel to have low-gravity basketball, rock climbing: Reports - ABC News - September 19th, 2019
- SpaceX Seeks Property Buyouts Near Starhopper Launch Site in Texas: Report - Space.com - September 19th, 2019
- There might be some problems when we try to make babies in space - Massive Science - September 19th, 2019
- First Space Hotel Set To Open In 2025 - wkdq.com - September 19th, 2019
- One-time UBC researcher headed to International Space Station - Vancouver Sun - September 19th, 2019
- Hazza's space mission proves anything is possible for Emirati youth - Gulf News - September 19th, 2019
- Brad Pitt speaks to NASA astronaut onboard Space Station - WTVY, Dothan - September 19th, 2019
- What Happens to Your Body If You Die in Space? - Popular Mechanics - September 19th, 2019
- What happens to the human body in space - Business Insider - September 19th, 2019
- US Space Module Genesis II Might Crash into Relict Russian Satellite - Space Daily - September 19th, 2019
- Watch a Robot Fish Fly by Shooting Water out of Its Rear - September 14th, 2019
- Residents Are Trying to Flee Russian Town Where Snow Turned Black - September 14th, 2019
- This Startup Will Send DNA From Your Spit to the Moon for $99 - September 14th, 2019
- FBI Investigation Targets Trump Booster Peter Thiel’s VC Firm - September 14th, 2019
- YouTube Influencers Are Mentally Collapsing From Stress - September 14th, 2019
- Watch SpaceX Test Its Crew Dragon’s Escape System - September 14th, 2019
- MIT Team “Accidentally” Invents Blackest Material in Existence - September 14th, 2019
- A Driver Tricked Uber’s Algorithm, Sexually Assaulted a Passenger - September 14th, 2019
- Toyota Wants to Slather Solar Panels All Over Its Prius Hybrid - September 14th, 2019
- A Runaway Star Is Escaping a Black Hole at 1.2 Million MPH - September 14th, 2019
- Putin Critic Uses Drone to Save Hard Drives Before Police Raid - September 14th, 2019
- Airbus Planes Will Track How Often Passengers Go to the Bathroom - September 14th, 2019
- French Gov Official Warns Facebook: Libra Is Not Welcome Here - September 14th, 2019
- Watch a Tesla Model X Blast Through Deep Flood Waters - September 14th, 2019
- Milky Way’s Giant Black Hole Lets out Two Giant, Radioactive Burps - September 14th, 2019
- Instagram Keeps Accidentally Flagging Fish Photos as Offensive - September 14th, 2019
- MIT Community Horrified by Famed Researcher’s Epstein Outburst - September 14th, 2019
- Unlike MIT, Harvard Cut Off Epstein Donations After Conviction - September 14th, 2019
- Horrifying Study: Corpses Thrash Around For a Year After Death - September 14th, 2019
- atheism | Definition, Philosophy, & Comparison to ... - May 28th, 2019
- atheism r/atheism - reddit: the front page of the internet - May 28th, 2019
- Atheism | CARM.org - May 28th, 2019
- Atheism - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - May 28th, 2019
- Ripple Price Forecast: XRP vs SWIFT, SEC Updates, and More - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: This Week on Bitfinex, Tether, Coinbase, & More - May 25th, 2019