Spirent Communications released its 5G outlook report, based on analysis and takeaways from over 600 global 5G engagements in 2020.
The report provides insights from across the 5G eco-system on the current status of 5G, illustrating the accelerated timetables from service providers in upgrading to 5G standalone (SA) with the new 5G Core, and revealing how 5G is driving new initiatives and sector engagements.
2020 was certainly a year to remember, not just because of the unprecedented challenges presented by COVID-19, but also because of the rapid development for the telecom industry, said Spirent Head of 5G Strategy, Steve Douglas.
Telecom is keeping its sights firmly focused on 5Gs future, not in spite of the challenges of the pandemic, but because of them, and our latest report gives an unparalleled view of the current status of 5G and the trends were seeing for the year ahead, based on the investments, research, testing and innovation by the leading 5G players.
5G activity surged in 2020 with accelerated timetables from service providers to deliver 5G SA core deployments, following non-standalones (NSAs) inability to really wow customers and deliver a solid new revenue proposition.
Service provider engagement increased nearly 50% as service assurance integration ramped up, and leading operators accelerated 5G standalone network strategies and new 5G core deployments.
Through service contracts, elements that would previously have been delivered inhouse are now being delivered by trusted partners, as operators need to be able to move quickly to keep up with the complexity of 5G and the accelerated timetables.
The year saw notable growth in engagements with government, military and academia around 5G experimentation and security initiatives, as governments explore new use cases.
Other notable initiatives include cloud hyperscalers exploring operator edge partnerships, Open RAN being explored in support of supply chain diversity initiatives, and multichannel video programming distributors (MVPDs) accelerating their plans for 5G.
Whether it was a core network buildout, lab certification, or new service delivered, 5G plus automated assurance were the dynamic duo that customers turned to as they sought to continue pushing forward with their 5G plans, with 80% of Spirents assurance business focused on 5G work.
While the pandemic has undoubtedly accelerated 5G timetables, it seems likely this accelerated trend is here to stay.
In many ways, the pandemic has accelerated trends that we hadnt anticipated gaining steam for at least another couple of years, said Douglas, whether fixed wireless access driven by working from home, or automation required to safely conduct field testing with limited personnel. While there were delays, by and large 5G powered ahead and remained in control of its destiny.
- Atari: Results of the first half of 2020-2021 Paris Stock Exchange:ATA - GlobeNewswire - February 17th, 2021
- CME: The Benefits of More Automated FX Trade - finews.asia - February 17th, 2021
- RIOT GAMES, FREAKS 4U GAMING and SPORTFIVE partner up to produce and commercialize the 2021 VALORANT CHAMPIONS TOUR - European Gaming Industry News - February 17th, 2021
- A 'pop-up' airport for electric aircraft could transform the way we think about urban travel - CNBC - February 17th, 2021
- Neom's futuristic 'Line' in the sand is good news for Saudi Arabia's tech start-ups - Arab News - February 17th, 2021
- Biomass Utilization System Market Analysis 2021 to 2027 with Strategic Trends Growth, Revenue|KOBELCO ECO-SOLUTIONS, China Southern Power Grid,... - February 17th, 2021
- Why Investors Should Heed The African Tech Startups Devouring Consumer Finance - Forbes - February 17th, 2021
- The New Zealand Merino Company Launches Apparel Industry's First 100% Regenerative Wool Platform in Partnership With Global Brands Allbirds,... - February 17th, 2021
- New #femaleboss project makes a stand for Scottish women in business - HeraldScotland - February 17th, 2021
- Plant safaris- the mystery and magic of the plant kingdom - Rising Sun Overport - February 17th, 2021
- A digital catch-22: after the crisis, who's betting on digital transformation? - USAPP American Politics and Policy (blog) - February 17th, 2021
- How Hotels And OTAs Can Prepare For The Post-Pandemic Future | By Andrew Gogus Hospitality Net - Hospitality Net - February 17th, 2021
- La Liga side Athletic Bilbao hope to export their model globally including to India - The New Indian Express - February 17th, 2021
- Tackling Indonesias Poverty With Palm Oil - The ASEAN Post - February 17th, 2021
- Eos partners with US-based Kineticos to invest over 10M in early-stage Scottish life sciences startups - UKTN (UK Technology News - February 17th, 2021
- Wild Bicester on mission to boost wildlife in town - Oxford Mail - February 17th, 2021
- The deception of greenwashing in fast fashion - Down To Earth Magazine - February 17th, 2021
- Flying high: Naturalist charts transformation of Mar Lodge estate as wildlife haven reaches landmark in 200-year regeneration - The Sunday Post - February 17th, 2021
- Allbirds and Icebreaker back regenerative wool platform | Apparel Industry News | just-style - just-style.com - February 11th, 2021
- Let caterpillars nibble your leaves to create a healthier garden, advise the RHS - HouseBeautiful.com - February 11th, 2021
- Warning system, environment study may have prevented Uttarakhand tragedy - The Federal - February 11th, 2021
- New Technology to Kill SARS Associated Human Coronavirus in the Air and on Surfaces - PRNewswire - February 11th, 2021
- Diversifying Nevada's Economy Might Take The Work Of Angels - KNPR - February 11th, 2021
- In the battle for the edge, 5G software is the Excalibur - Ericsson - February 11th, 2021
- Dow and Lucro to Launch PCR Plastics Solution in India - waste360 - February 11th, 2021
- Florida Family Finds Monster 16ft, 300lb Python On Their Property RM - TooFab - February 11th, 2021
- Document Security Systems, Inc., Coinstreet Partners and GSX Group Collaborate to Develop Digital Asset Exchange Business in the US - PRNewswire - February 11th, 2021
- 5G and the digital cockpit Q&A with Harman - just-auto.com - February 11th, 2021
- Recent news in brief collected from around Mallorca - Euro Weekly News - February 11th, 2021
- COVID Has Reached Antarctica, and Scientists Are Extremely Concerned for Its Wildlife - EcoWatch - February 11th, 2021
- U.S. Subway Platforms Have Highly Polluted Air - EcoWatch - February 11th, 2021
- Urban Air Mobility Gets a Foot on the Ground with Coventry's Urban Air Port - Inside Unmanned Systems - February 11th, 2021
- Euronet Worldwide, Inc., Uses Its REN Ecosystem to Drive Digital Growth Strategy and Modernization of Payments Systems for Cosmos Bank in India -... - December 17th, 2020
- Learning Ecosystem: Why You Need One, How to Build It - ATD - December 17th, 2020
- VHA Innovation Ecosystem Taps MDClone to Leverage Synthetic Data for Faster Healthcare to Veterans - - HIT Consultant - December 17th, 2020
- FreedomPay and Sightline Payments Partner to Create World's First Cashless Ecosystem for Casinos, Resorts and Gaming Operators - GlobeNewswire - December 17th, 2020
- If the startup ecosystem can survive a pandemic, it can survive anything - Ruchira Shukla and Alok Goyal - YourStory - December 17th, 2020
- Leverage the Westcon-Comstor Services Bench partner ecosystem - ARNnet - December 17th, 2020
- Cybersecurity Stocktaking in the Connected and Automated Mobility Ecosystem - Lexology - December 17th, 2020
- MDClone Partners with VHA Innovation Ecosystem to Provide Better, Smarter, Faster Healthcare to U.S. Veterans - Business Wire - December 17th, 2020
- Open Mainframe Project Welcomes New Project Tessia, HCL Technologies and Red Hat to its Ecosystem - PRNewswire - December 17th, 2020
- Path of destruction: Road to Anjaneri hilltop could threaten fragile rocky outcrop ecosystem - Mongabay-India - December 17th, 2020
- Gotransverse Closes 2020 with Globalization, Business Intelligence, Ecosystem, and Personalization Features for Innovative Monetization Models -... - December 17th, 2020
- Accelerated digitalization, beefed-up edge among other key trends to watch across digital ecosystem in 2021 - Business Review - December 17th, 2020
- IBM outlines commitment to developing the Quantum ecosystem in India More than 1,400 students trained on Qis.. - ETCIO.com - December 17th, 2020
- CrossTower Added as Liquidity Source to the Blockfills ECN Ecosystem - GlobeNewswire - December 17th, 2020
- code Talks: a podcast series on driving innovation with an open health care ecosystem - cerner.com - December 17th, 2020
- Building a Cost-Effective, High-Performing BI Ecosystem on the Cloud - Datanami - December 17th, 2020
- GPX India adds NIXI to the GPX Interconnection Ecosystem - Express Computer - December 17th, 2020
- Ecologists have studied the role carrion plays in the ecosystem of the Bavarian Forest National Park - India Education Diary - December 17th, 2020
- ICON blockchain expands DeFi ecosystem with ETH Orbit Bridge integration - CryptoNinjas - December 17th, 2020
- There's an ecosystem beneath your feetand it needs protection, new report says - Science Magazine - December 5th, 2020
- Apple M1 is the boost the Windows ecosystem needed: Qualcomm - ZDNet - December 5th, 2020
- An overview of key players in the private network ecosystem - RCR Wireless News - December 5th, 2020
- Polkadot Joins Hands with Chainlink to Overcome Decentralized Nature of Its... - Coinspeaker - December 5th, 2020
- Programme launched to strengthen tech ecosystem in Western Cape - - Ventureburn - December 5th, 2020
- Update on Intel's Neuromorphic Ecosystem Growth and Progress - Business Wire - December 5th, 2020
- Students are drawn into the ecosystem through real impact and relevant goals - not with Brainport-lingo - Innovation Origins - December 5th, 2020
- The Greater Data Ecosystem: Driving Decision-Making | Data & Data Analytics - Supply Chain Digital - The Procurement & Supply Chain Platform - December 5th, 2020
- How KubeLinter fits in the CNCF Ecosystem - Security Boulevard - December 5th, 2020
- Report finds the CSS ecosystem is going through a renewal with new features - SDTimes.com - December 5th, 2020
- The infrastructure of Kick Ecosystem - hackernoon.com - September 25th, 2020
- Humans Destroyed Intact Ecosystem Land the Size of Mexico in Just 13 Years - EcoWatch - September 25th, 2020
- This is the size of undisturbed ecosystems lost in 13 years - World Economic Forum - September 25th, 2020
- maurices Partners with TCS to Build Greenfield IT Ecosystem for its Growth and Transformation - PRNewswire - September 25th, 2020
- Helping the UN Guide Ecosystem Restoration Into the Mainstream - CSRwire.com - September 25th, 2020
- Don't eat the rainforests: Top brands complicit in Indonesia's ecosystem destruction, probe alleges - Down To Earth Magazine - September 25th, 2020
- Colombia: Cross Border Tech Innovation and Ecosystem building - PRNewswire - September 25th, 2020
- The DNS Ecosystem, Its Vulnerabilities, and Threat Mitigations - CircleID - September 25th, 2020
- Scaling Up The Start-up Ecosystem Recommendations Of Standing Committee On Finance - Finance and Banking - India - Mondaq News Alerts - September 25th, 2020
- VR AR Content Creation Ecosystem Market will Register a Significant CAGR During Period 2020-2026 | 18.5% CAGR| Know the Companies List Could... - September 25th, 2020
- Why the new farm Bills should excite the advertising ecosystem - Business Standard - September 25th, 2020
- The Launching Ceremony for XnMatrix Wrapped Up, the Next Generation of Cloud Computing Eco-System Sets Sail - AiThority - September 4th, 2020
- Why Harmless Harvest takes an ecosystem-based approach to business - New Hope Network - September 4th, 2020
- An 'Ecosystem' Has Propelled NYC Life Sciences Over The Past 5 Years - Bisnow - September 4th, 2020
- BorgWarner expands collaboration with startup ecosystem Plug and Play - Automotive World - September 4th, 2020
- 'Drilling Would Have Devastating Impacts on This Fragile Ecosystem' - FAIR - September 4th, 2020
- Jellypipe launches its online AM ecosystem in the UK and Ireland - Metal Additive Manufacturing magazine - September 4th, 2020
- A Burgeoning Robotic Ecosystem Is Reshaping the Business Landscape - IoT World Today - September 4th, 2020
- New approach needed to protect health of Californias rivers - CALmatters - September 4th, 2020