So, Readers –
As always, we’ve got some news about the future. Except this time, it’s about us.
We’re about to enter the next chapter of Futurism, one that will usher in a new era for this site. It’ll come with new ways we’ll be able to deliver on everything you’ve grown to read, watch, subscribe to, and love about what we do here. And also, more in volume of what we do, with larger ambitions, and ultimately, a higher level of quality with which we’re able to bring those ambitions to fruition.
As of today, Futurism Media is proud to announce that we’re joining operations with Singularity University. In other words: They bought us, they own us, and quite frankly, we’re excited about the deal.
It’s an excitement and an occasion we share in with you, our community of readers — aspiring and working technologists, scientists, engineers, academics, and fans, who carried us to where we are, who helped make this independent media company what it is today. We’ve always been humbled by your support, and we’ve worked to reciprocate it by publishing one of the most crucial independent technology and science digital digests, every day, full stop.
What this changes for you? Nothing. Really. Except: More of what you’ve come to count on Futurism.com to deliver every time you’ve read our stories, opened our emails, swiped up on our ‘Gram, watched our videos, dropped in on our events, clicked through a Byte, and so on. This partnership represents the sum total of the work you’ve engaged with, and the start of a new chapter in which we’ll be able to deliver on more of the above.
That means increased coverage of the emergent, cutting-edge innovation and scientific developments changing the world, and the key characters and narratives shaping them (or being shaped by them). It means an expanded, in-depth feature publishing program, arriving this Spring (it’s rad, and it’s gonna blow your socks off). It means more breaking news reporting and analysis. It means original media products you haven’t seen from us before — new verticals, microsites, other ways for you to get in the mix with our coverage. And yes, by working in concert with Singularity University, we’re going to have a pretty decent competitive advantage: Direct access to the characters and personas shaping our future, the people, ideas, and innovations right at the frontier of exponential growth technologies. Our branded content team, Futurism Creative, will also continue to produce guideline-abiding, cutting-edge, thoughtful and engaging content for our partners, and for the partners of SU, too. And finally, our Futurism Studios division will continue to push the envelope of feature-length narrative storytelling of the science fiction (and science fact) stories of that future.
Will this change our journalism? Not in the slightest. We’ll still be operating as an independent, objective news outlet, without interference from our partners, who will continue to hold us to the same ethics and accountability standards we’ve held ourselves to these last few years. There might be more appearances from the folks at SU in our work (not that SU’s proliferate network of notable alumni or board members haven’t previously made appearances around these parts prior to this), but by no means will SU be shoehorning themselves into what we do here.
Yet: Where the opportunity exists, we’ll absolutely seize on the chance to co-create and catalyze action together to shape the technology and science stories on the horizon, to say nothing of that future itself. We’ll continue to make quality the primary concern — and they’re here to support that mandate, and augment this team with additional resources to accomplish it. If even the appearance of a conflict presents itself, as always, we’ll default to disclosure. But it’d be absurd of us not to take advantage of the immense base of knowledge our new partners in Mountain View have on offer (an apt comparison here would be, say, Harvard Business Review to H.B.S. or M.I.T. and our contemporaries at the MIT Technology Review).
We’ve been circling this partnership for a while; they, fans of ours, and us, fans of theirs. The original mandate of Futurism as written by our C.E.O. Alex Klokus was to increase the rate of human adaptability towards the future through delivering on the news of where that future is headed. Singularity University concerns itself with educating the world on the exponential growth technologies changing our lives. It’s a perfect merging of interests. Where exponential growth technologies are concerned: One only need look as far as the way online advertising and social platforms changed the economics of media to see this. To find a home with a growing institution that will prove increasingly vital to the growing global community they’ve already established in spades is the best possible outcome. And no, we didn’t get crazy-rich or anything. But we did galvanize the future (and all its possibilities) for everyone at this company, and our ability to keep serving you, our readers.
We’re immensely proud of the scrappy, tight team here; and especially you, our community of readers and partners we’ve grown with these last few years. We’re proud of the product we’ve created, especially last year, when we steered away from reliance on social media platforms for an audience, and reconfigured an editorial strategy around the priority of driving you directly to Futurism.com daily, by prioritizing quality, topicality, reliability, and on-site presentation (shocker: it worked). Now, we proud to be able to do more, better, of what we’ve always done here:
Tell the stories of tomorrow, today. On behalf of the entire Brooklyn-based Futurism team, thanks for being along for the ride so far, and on behalf of the new Futurism x Singularity University family, here’s to more of where that came from.
The future, as ever, is looking bright. We can’t wait to tell you about it.
– Foster Kamer
Director of Content
Director of Strategic Operations
President of Futurism Studios
The post Special Announcement: Futurism Media and Singularity University appeared first on Futurism.
- Scientists create cyborg jellyfish with swimming superpowers - CNET - January 30th, 2020
- New Bellator champ Cris Cyborg was as raw, violent and captivating as ever - The Athletic - January 30th, 2020
- Cyborg Smashes Budd at Bellator 238 to Win Title: Caldwell Taps Borics in Featherweight Grand Prix - BroBible - January 30th, 2020
- B.C. Budd aims to unleash fine form on Cyborg in MMA cage at The Forum - Vancouver Sun - January 30th, 2020
- The J-curve of technology: From Snapchat to cyborgs - Media Update - January 30th, 2020
- Cris Cyborg reveals one thing Conor McGregor must to do on UFC return - Metro.co.uk - January 19th, 2020
- Thor3D announces 3D scanning bundles with Zbrush and Cyborg - TCT Magazine - January 19th, 2020
- Fans of Flash think Cyborg could be a part of Crisis on Infinite Earth too! - Animated Times - January 19th, 2020
- Cris Cyborg: The Best Featherweights Are In Bellator, UFC Champion Is On An Island (Exclusive) - LowKick MMA - January 19th, 2020
- Bellator star Cris Cyborg reveals WWE and boxing are both possible options for her ahead of Julia Budd clash - NewsChain - January 19th, 2020
- The Flash Fans Think Cyborg Could Be in the Movie Thanks to Crisis on Infinite Earths - Comicbook.com - January 19th, 2020
- Commentators hilariously react to Clippers Kawhi Leonard operating electronic device attached to his knees - ClutchPoints - January 19th, 2020
- Xavier Litt: Chess shows that humans and AI work better together - Irish Examiner - January 19th, 2020
- Revisiting System Shock, and the birth of immersive sim design - PC Gamer - January 19th, 2020
- Horizon: Zero Dawn may reportedly be heading to PC this year - Rock Paper Shotgun - January 19th, 2020
- Grant Gustin Shares BTS Shots of Him and Ezra Miller as Flash - Epicstream - January 19th, 2020
- Scott Coker explains why Cris Cyborg is the greatest female fighter of all time - MMA Mania - December 28th, 2019
- designboom 2020 TECH PREDICTIONS: cyborgs and brainjacking - Designboom - December 28th, 2019
- The best female MMA fighters of the decade - ESPN - December 28th, 2019
- The Coolest (and Scariest) Military Tech of 2019 - Futurism - December 28th, 2019
- The biggest MMA stories of 2019 - BJPenn.com - December 28th, 2019
- Top 10 MMA fighters of the 2010s: Discussion video, facts about our list - MMA Junkie - December 28th, 2019
- Kevin Smith Reveals His 'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker' Cameo - Talk Radio 1210 WPHT - December 28th, 2019
- Top-10 MMA fighters of the decade - BJPenn.com - December 28th, 2019
- Henry Cavill's 'The Witcher' Gets An Official Rotten Tomatoes Score - Heroic Hollywood - December 28th, 2019
- 'Star Wars': Adam Driver Hosting First Saturday Night Live Of 2020 - Heroic Hollywood - December 28th, 2019
- Cyborg (comics) - Wikipedia - December 18th, 2019
- AI and the future of work: becoming cyborgs! - Ericsson - December 18th, 2019
- Canadian featherweight Felicia Spencer returns to action on UFC card in Norfolk - The Chronicle Journal - December 18th, 2019
- Watchmen: Damon Lindelof On Why There Were 9 Episodes Instead Of 10 - Heroic Hollywood - December 18th, 2019
- The Witcher: Henry Cavill Says Show Won't Block Him From Superman Role - Heroic Hollywood - December 18th, 2019
- UFC 245 odds, fight card: A closer look at every bout from the early prelims to the main event - CBS Sports - December 18th, 2019
- 'The Falcon and The Winter Soldier' Set Photos Tease New York City Setting - Heroic Hollywood - December 18th, 2019
- Arlene Blencowe thinks she's earned another title shot with win over Leslie Smith at Bellator 233 - MMA Junkie - November 13th, 2019
- Janay Harding: Bellator women's featherweight division is 'almost out of reach for the UFC now' - The Body Lock - November 13th, 2019
- Is Jorge Masvidal now the undisputed BMF? We put together a 32-fighter bracket to find out - The Athletic - November 13th, 2019
- 'Teen Titans GO!' Will Roast Controversial 'Thundercats' Reboot - Heroic Hollywood - November 13th, 2019
- The wearable cyborgs that utilization cerebrum waves to control up your muscles - Herald Journalism 24 - November 13th, 2019
- Justice League: Has the Snyder Cut Already Been Spoiled? | CBR - CBR - Comic Book Resources - November 13th, 2019
- Song of the Day: "Cyborg" - LemonWire - November 6th, 2019
- Cyborg Is the Cure for DCeaseds Zombie Virus - Or At Least He WAS - CBR - Comic Book Resources - November 6th, 2019
- Venom 2: Tom Hardy Teases Fight With Woody Harrelson's Carnage In Pic - Heroic Hollywood - November 6th, 2019
- Daniel Craig's No Time To Die Is The Most Expensive James Bond Film - Heroic Hollywood - November 6th, 2019
- Anthony Mackie Reveals First Look At Falcon & The Winter Soldier - Heroic Hollywood - November 6th, 2019
- The only thing deadlier than Leslie Smiths hands is (apparently) her Chapstick - MMA Mania - November 6th, 2019
- The worlds largest cruise ship has a bar with robot bartenders. Heres how my margarita compared to one made by a human. - Business Insider - November 6th, 2019
- Keanu Reeves Goes Public With First Girlfriend In Decades - Heroic Hollywood - November 6th, 2019
- The Top 15 Onscreen Terminator Robots, Ranked in Order - Superherohype.com - November 6th, 2019
- Grant Gustin Dons Green Lantern-Impressed The Flash Go well with In Neat Fan Art - The Media Hq - November 6th, 2019
- Behind The Night: Diaz vs Cyborg - The Official Website of the Ultimate Fighting Championship - October 21st, 2019
- Terminally-ill roboticist on his way to becoming the world's first full cyborg - Firstpost - October 21st, 2019
- Disembodied cyborg hand can solve a Rubiks Cube using scary smart AI - SYFY WIRE - October 21st, 2019
- ALS affected, terminally-ill Robotics expert will transform himself into the world's first 'cyborg' - Digit - October 21st, 2019
- Is this guitar-playing cyborg from Japan the future of heavy metal? - Guitar World - October 21st, 2019
- Dying scientist is about to become first cyborg - Times of India - October 21st, 2019
- The Terminator timeline explained: Every key event from the franchise in chronological order - GamesRadar - October 21st, 2019
- Ruby Rose's Batwoman & Grant Gustin's The Flash Unite In Arrowverse Crossover BTS Photos - Heroic Hollywood - October 21st, 2019
- Creating the Symbiotic AI Workforce of the Future - MIT Sloan - October 21st, 2019
- See Keanu Reeves Transform Into The MCU's Ghost Rider In New Image - Heroic Hollywood - October 21st, 2019
- The wearable cyborgs that utilization mind waves to catalyst your muscles - Herald Journalism 24 - October 21st, 2019
- Terminally-ill scientist is about to 'transform' into world's first full cyborg - Mirror Online - October 16th, 2019
- Taika Waititi Confirms Korg Will Return In 'Thor: Love And Thunder' - Heroic Hollywood - October 16th, 2019
- J.J. Abrams Spider-Man book killed The Avengers in a very Abrams way - Polygon - October 16th, 2019
- 'Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Runtime Possibly Revealed - Heroic Hollywood - October 16th, 2019
- Preparing municipalities for customers of the future - ESI Africa - October 16th, 2019
- Jesse Eisenberg On His Future As Lex Luthor With DC Films - Heroic Hollywood - October 16th, 2019
- BMF Resume: Justin Gaethje - The Official Website of the Ultimate Fighting Championship - October 16th, 2019
- 'Sonic The Hedgehog Halloween Masks Are On Sale & They're Horrifying - Heroic Hollywood - October 16th, 2019
- Teen Titans: How Kid Flash Helped Shape the Iconic DC Team | CBR - CBR - Comic Book Resources - October 16th, 2019
- Review: The Ninja Saviors - Return of the Warriors - Destructoid - October 16th, 2019
- World of Warcraft's upcoming races revealed: adorable foxes and cyborg gnomes - PC Gamer - October 9th, 2019
- Goodbye humans, hello cyborgs: The moment of Singularity is nigh - Daily Maverick - October 9th, 2019
- 'Avengers' Directors Share First Photo From 'Cherry' With Tom Holland - Heroic Hollywood - October 9th, 2019
- 10 Key DC Characters Who Debuted In The 90s | CBR - CBR - Comic Book Resources - October 9th, 2019
- Insight: Transhumanists believe in the bionic body beautiful - The Scotsman - October 9th, 2019
- 10 Best DC Cosplays That Look Exactly Like The Characters - CBR - Comic Book Resources - October 9th, 2019
- Charting the Uncanny Valley - Reporter Magazine - October 9th, 2019
- Airbus Planes Will Track How Often Passengers Go to the Bathroom - September 14th, 2019
- Watch a Robot Fish Fly by Shooting Water out of Its Rear - September 14th, 2019
- Residents Are Trying to Flee Russian Town Where Snow Turned Black - September 14th, 2019