AsMA | Aerospace Medical Association
The NEW abstract submission site for AsMA’s 90th Annual Scientific Meeting is now OPEN. Visit the Submission page for more information. The deadline is November 1, 2018. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Learn about the history and mission of Aerospace Medicine by watching the professionals making it happen!
Military aviation operations present numerous unique Aerospace Medicine and Human Performance issues. Sustained acceleration, fatigue, orientation problems, and attention management issues are just a few.
Commercial aviation presents Aerospace Medicine problems for the aircrew, ground support crews, and the passengers they serve.
General aviation aircraft present unique Aerospace Medicine and Human Performance problems. Human Performance factors continue to be leading causes of General Aviation mishaps.
The ability for humans to perform under extreme environmental conditions poses challenging problems for Aerospace Medicine professionals. Altitude, thermal issues, fatigue, acceleration, and numerous other environmental stressors must be appropriately managed to ensure optimized human performance. Managing the mission environment through technology requires a process of human-centered design and acquisition known as Human Systems Integration.
Human participation in space operations presents some of the most interesting and challenging Aerospace Medicine and Human Performance problems. Microgravity, bone density and muscle atrophy issues, radiation exposure, and thermal stressors are just some of the space medicine problems.
AsMA is a scientific forum providing a setting for many different disciplines to come together and share their expertise for the benefit of all persons involved in air and space travel. The Association has provided its expertise to a multitude of Federal and international agencies on a broad range of issues, including aviation and space medical standards, the aging pilot, and physiological stresses of flight. AsMA’s membership includes aerospace medicine specialists, flight nurses, physiologists, psychologists, human factors specialists, physician assistants, and researchers in this field. Most are with industry, civil aviation regulatory agencies, departments of defense and military services, the airlines, space programs, and universities.
Approximately 30% of the membershiporiginate from outside the United States.
Through the efforts of the AsMA members, safety in flight and man’s overall adaptation to adverse environments have been more nearly achieved.
Theme: Trust & Care in Aviation Safety:The Scientific Program Committee is activelycreating an attractive program addressing thenewest aeromedical and …Read More
The highly successful Aviation Health Conference, held annually in London UK, is now being hosted in partnership with the Airlines Medical Directors Association (AMDA).Read More
Global Nursing and HealthCare Conference| USA Conferences| Nursing Conferences Conference Series takes immense pleasure & feels honoured in inviting the contributors across the Globe for 46th G…Read More
All are invited to attend the 9th International Conference on Epidemiology and Public Health which will be held October 17-18, 2018 in Las Vegas, NV, USARead More
The peer-reviewed monthly journal provides contact with physicians, life scientists, bioengineers, and medical specialists working in both basic medical research and in its clinical applications…
Edwin Link was the inventor of the flight simulator.
The AsMA Global Connection Story with the FAARoland Vermeiren, M.D., FAsMA
The International Academy of Astronautics (IAA) has recognized the 4th edition of Space Physiology and Medicine from Evidence to Practice with the 2018 Luigi Napolitano Award for Life…
AsMA was saddened to hear of the death of Prof. Karl E. Klein, Dr. med., in late July.
Dr. Quay Snyder, AsMA Fellow and President and CEO of Aviation Medicine Advisory Service (AMAS), was interviewed for an article in the Washington Post about staying healthy while flying.
The next Council meeting will be Wednesday, November 28, 2018. The Scientific Program Committee (SPC) meeting will follow on Thursday, November 29, 2018, from 8:30 AM5:00 PM. To a…Read more
The NEW abstract submission site is now open! Members may log into this site using their AsMA credentials. Directions, forms, templates, and more information can be found on the Read more
The Aerospace Medical Association offers free information publications for passengers preparing for commercial airline travel. We also offer more detailed medical guidelines for physicians that can be used to advise patients with preexisting illness planning to travel by air.
Which of the following is NOT recommended to reduce the incidence of coronary artery disease in the United States?
a.Routine screening of men over 45 with exercise ECGb.Routine screening of men ages 35-65 and women ages 45-65 for high blood cholesterolc.Routine screening of all children and adults for hypertensiond.Routine counseling of all individuals regarding the benefits of tobacco cessatione.Routine counseling of all individuals regarding the benefits of regular physical activity
Read the Answer More Questions
- DJs + Well-Being = The Evolution Of Conscious Clubbing ... - June 5th, 2019
- What is Ascension | Sandra Walter - Ascension Path - June 5th, 2019
- Bicameralism (psychology) - Wikipedia - June 5th, 2019
- About Us Collective Evolution - June 5th, 2019
- Watch a Super-Strong Robot Dog Pull a Three-Ton Airplane - May 28th, 2019
- Can You Tell Which of These Models Is CGI? - May 28th, 2019
- We Asked an AI to Finish Real Elon Musk Tweets - May 28th, 2019
- New Law Could End Robocalling Once and For All - May 28th, 2019
- Scientists Set New Temperature Record for Superconductivity - May 28th, 2019
- Asteroid Flying by Earth Is so Big It Has Its Own Moon - May 28th, 2019
- United Nations: Siri and Alexa Are Encouraging Misogyny - May 28th, 2019
- NASA’s Moon Mission Leader Just Quit After Only Six Weeks - May 28th, 2019
- Watch a Tesla in an Underground Tunnel Race One on the Street - May 28th, 2019
- SpaceX Just Unleashed 60 Starlink Satellites Into Orbit - May 28th, 2019
- Here’s How NASA Prepares Its Spacecraft for Mars - May 28th, 2019
- Elevate Your Leadership and Grow Your Business at Your Clouds Can 2019 - May 28th, 2019
- Elon Musk Ridicules Jeff Bezos’ Plan For Space Colonies - May 28th, 2019
- See China’s Newly Unveiled Maglev Train - May 28th, 2019
- Studying the Sun’s Atmosphere Could Make Fusion Power a Reality - May 28th, 2019
- NASA Just Hired the First Contractor to Build Lunar Space Station - May 28th, 2019
- This Robot Scans Preschoolers’ Faces Daily for Signs of Sickness - May 28th, 2019
- New Research: The Oceans Are Slowly Leaking Into the Earth - May 28th, 2019
- Anonymous Group of 3D-Printed Gun Makers Is Spreading Online - May 28th, 2019
- Ripple Price Forecast: XRP vs SWIFT, SEC Updates, and More - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: This Week on Bitfinex, Tether, Coinbase, & More - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Bitcoin ETFs, Andreessen Horowitz, and Contradictions in Crypto - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Looking Past the Bithumb Crypto Hack - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: XRP Validators, Malta, and Practical Tokens - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: What You Need to Know This Week - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Bitcoin ETF Rejection, AMD Microchip Sales, and Hedge Funds - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: New Exchanges Could Boost Crypto Liquidity - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Vitalik Buterin Doesn’t Care About Bitcoin ETFs - May 25th, 2019
- Bitcoin Rise: Is the Recent Bitcoin Price Surge a Sign of Things to Come or Another Misdirection? - May 25th, 2019
- Aerospace - Wikipedia - May 18th, 2019
- Aerospace - definition of aerospace by The Free Dictionary - May 18th, 2019
- Aerospace - Wikipedia - May 14th, 2019
- Home | The Aerospace Corporation - May 14th, 2019
- Aerospace - definition of aerospace by The Free Dictionary - May 14th, 2019
- UTC Aerospace Systems - Collins Aerospace - May 14th, 2019
- Researcher: Facial Recognition Tech Could Get Trans People Killed - April 29th, 2019
- Scientist: “Alien Life Now Seems Inevitable and Possibly Imminent” - April 29th, 2019
- Meet the Rabbi Fighting Back Against AI Armageddon - April 29th, 2019
- An Internet Provider Is Selling an “Elite Gamer” Service - April 29th, 2019
- Expert Warns Against Forming Emotional Attachments With Robots - April 29th, 2019
- New Research: The World Is Sadder, Angrier Than Ever Before - April 29th, 2019
- To Prevent the Apocalypse, MIT Says to Study “Machine Behaviour” - April 29th, 2019
- The Universe Might Be a Billion Years Younger Than We Thought - April 29th, 2019
- SpaceX-Like Startups Think They Can Solve Fusion For Cheap - April 29th, 2019
- Leak: Motorola’s Folding Phone Looks Like an Old-School Flip Phone - April 29th, 2019
- DARPA: This Smart Contact Lens Could Give Soldiers Superpowers - April 29th, 2019
- Whale Suspected of Being a Russian Weapon Found in Norway - April 29th, 2019
- No One Knows Who Owns This Massive Database of Americans’ Info - April 29th, 2019
- Scientists Plan to 3D Print Muscular Tissue on the Space Station - April 29th, 2019
- Oxford Academic: Invisible Aliens Are Breeding With Humans - April 29th, 2019
- “BioSolar Leaf” Tech Will Pull Pollution from London Air - April 29th, 2019
- These Professors Are Arguing That AI Should Get Animal Rights - April 29th, 2019
- In 50 Years, Dead People Will Make up Most of Facebook’s Users - April 29th, 2019
- When This Asteroid Zips by Earth, Scientists May Hitch a Ride - April 29th, 2019
- When the Large Hadron Collider Turns on, It May Trap Dark Matter - April 21st, 2019
- Expert: AI-Generated Music Is A “Total Legal Clusterf*ck” - April 21st, 2019
- The Mueller Report Confirms We’re Living in a Cyberpunk Dystopia - April 21st, 2019
- Astronomers Finally Found the Universe’s First Type of Molecule - April 21st, 2019
- India Blew up a Satellite. Now A “Space Fence” Is Tracking Its Debris - April 21st, 2019
- This Space Roomba Could Clean the ISS While Astronauts Sleep - April 21st, 2019
- John McAfee Vows to Reveal Bitcoin’s Creator - April 21st, 2019
- Climate Change Could Cause Fukushima-Style Meltdowns in the US - April 21st, 2019
- Denver Is Voting on Whether to Decriminalize Psychedelic Mushrooms - April 21st, 2019
- Listen to Brutal Death Metal Made by a Neural Network - April 21st, 2019
- Professor: Total Surveillance Is the Only Way to Save Humanity - April 21st, 2019
- Amazing New Rocket Engine Sucks up Atmospheric Oxygen for Fuel - April 21st, 2019
- Boston Dynamics Unveils SpotMini You’ll Actually Be Able to Buy - April 21st, 2019
- Puerto Rico Will Stop Burning Coal Next Year - April 21st, 2019
- The Government Wants to Make an Example out of Mark Zuckerberg - April 21st, 2019
- China’s Military Built an Autonomous Amphibious Landing Vehicle - April 21st, 2019
- IBM Pulls the Plug on Drug-Discovering Watson AI - April 21st, 2019
- Scientists Find Genetic Variants That Prevent Obesity, Diabetes - April 21st, 2019
- From Coffee to Popcorn, Celebrate 420 With These Futuristic CBD Edibles - April 21st, 2019
- Scientists Create Material With “Artificial Metabolism” - April 21st, 2019
- Aerospace - Wikipedia - April 20th, 2019
- Home | The Aerospace Corporation - April 20th, 2019