Held as part of a worldwide series of events coordinated by the Institut Franais, "The Night of Ideas" is back with a fifth edition, taking place simultaneously in Istanbul, Ankara, zmir, Paris and other venues across the globe on Thursday, Jan. 30, 2020.
This year's theme will be "ALIVE!," bringing the issue of environmental balance and human relations front and center. "At a time when the natural world is threatened and technology seems all-powerful," the event will call on people to collectively question the boundaries of humanity and invite the audience to take matters into their own hands.
Attracting the wide participation of nongovernmental organizations, cultural and artistic institutions, universities and museums all around the world since 2016, the event brings together opinion leaders, artists and researchers from all segments of society. This year they will discuss all aspects of what it means to be alive in today's world. They will try to find answers to questions such as: "What is our place in the world of living things?" "Have we humans really caused a 'sixth extinction'?" "Can artificial intelligence (personal robots or cyborgs) acquire memory and develop autonomous and consistent behaviors?"
The series has been held on the last Thursday of January every year.
"Arts & Sciences, a show by Thierry Poquet"
Ankara will be hosting a one-and-a-half-hour interactive performance by Thierry Poquet with the contributions of director Merve Gezen on Jan. 30 at 7:30 p.m.
Istanbul will host three events for the night. First up is "Coming to life with the breath of female artists" ("Kadn sanatlarn nefesinde hayat bulmak"), a panel moderated by journalist and contemporary art critic Ayegl Snmez. Distinguished artists Rabia apa, Nil Yalter and Dilan Bozyel will share with the audience their doubts, realities, beliefs and their creative lives. Starting at 7:15 p.m., the event will last about an hour and 15 minutes.
The second part of the night will take the audience through "Paris-Beirut: Happiness Line" ("Mutluluk Hatt"), an exhibition by photographer Dilan Bozyel.
At 10 p.m., there will be a screening for "Onun Filmi" and a Q&A session with co-director Merve Bozcu. The film tells the stories of 14 female directors, of being female filmmakers in Turkish cinema, of being women and of being working women.
Meanwhile, in zmir, Martin Godon will host a conference on "Where is death in life?" ("Hayat Bulmak: Peki lm Hayatn Neresinde?"), scrutinizing concepts such as AI, robotics, transhumanism and immortality. From mythology to sci-fi stories, the thought-provoking event will aim to find an answer to the question, "Are we on the verge of a new humanity?"
Participating in numerous archaeological excavations in Turkey and Syria, Godon specializes in prehistoric archaeology in the Near East. He has been examining and investigating the development of human societies from prehistoric times to the present, especially changes due to climate change.
Originally posted here:
- The benefits and risks of AI and post-human life - Independent Australia - April 26th, 2020
- Whats the best way to prepare for the apocalypse? Dont ask these guys - Telegraph.co.uk - April 23rd, 2020
- Cosmodeism: Prologue to a Theology of Transhumanism - Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies - April 3rd, 2020
- Meet Ai-Da, the worlds first AI artist, who is almost human - Dazed - April 3rd, 2020
- What is transhumanism, or, what does it mean to be human ... - March 31st, 2020
- What is transhumanism? | CARM.org - March 31st, 2020
- Transhumanism: Pros and Cons - iGyaan - March 31st, 2020
- Zoltan Istvan: The Transhumanist Candidate - Roads and Kingdoms - March 17th, 2020
- Sleeve Into Altered Carbon: The Role Playing Game - Nerdist - March 17th, 2020
- The 2010s were the decade of trans - The Spectator USA - December 21st, 2019
- Seattle faith groups reckon with AI and what it means to be truly human - Seattle Times - November 12th, 2019
- Transhumanism - Britannica.com - June 3rd, 2019
- Transhumanism | Conspiracy School - June 3rd, 2019
- Transhumanism Is TemptingUntil You Remember Inspector Gadget ... - June 3rd, 2019
- Transhumanism - RationalWiki - June 3rd, 2019
- What is Transhumanism? - GenSix Productions - June 3rd, 2019
- Elevating the Human Condition - Humanity+ What does it mean ... - June 3rd, 2019
- transhumanism | Definition, Origins, Characteristics, & Facts ... - February 8th, 2019
- Transhumanism | Future | FANDOM powered by Wikia - February 8th, 2019
- Transhumanism - reddit - December 28th, 2018
- Transhumanism: The History of a Dangerous Idea: David ... - November 8th, 2018
- Transhumanism - H+Pedia - hpluspedia.org - July 16th, 2018
- Transhumanism - Mercurial Essays - July 16th, 2018
- TRANSHUMANISM Feral House - July 16th, 2018
- Transhumanism: The Anti-Human Singularity Agenda - July 16th, 2018
- Transhumanism by Dorian Mays on Prezi - July 16th, 2018
- What is Mormon Transhumanism? And is it Mormon? | Interpreter ... - July 16th, 2018
- Transhumanism Has Opened the Gates of Hell-Steve Quayle and ... - July 16th, 2018
- Transhumanism: Genetic Engineering of Man - the New ... - July 6th, 2018
- Transhumanism | social and philosophical movement ... - May 21st, 2018
- Transhumanism Is Despair Its an Ersatz Version of ... - May 21st, 2018
- Transhumanism - Catholicism.org - May 12th, 2018
- Transhumanism Foreign Policy - May 8th, 2018
- Hidden In Plain Sight - 4 Movies That Expose The Globalist ... - March 23rd, 2018
- Bloodborne, Transhumanism and Cosmic Cyberpunk - Kotaku UK (blog) - August 25th, 2017
- Transhumanism Is Not Libertarian, It's an Abomination - The American Conservative - August 22nd, 2017
- TRICOAST ENTERTAINMENT RELEASES FIRST ... - Digital Journal - Digital Journal - August 9th, 2017
- Pop music moves a step closer to eternal life - The Columbian - August 5th, 2017
- How the death of EDM brought pop music one step closer to eternal life - Washington Post - August 4th, 2017
- The MetroSpiritual: Creating super-humans through Transhumanism is becoming a reality - New York Daily News - July 29th, 2017
- Luton hate crime probe over St Thomas's church graffiti - BBC News - July 26th, 2017
- Fringe movements key to changing the world - Winnipeg Free Press - July 22nd, 2017
- Putting Infants Down Like Dogs - First Things - July 22nd, 2017
- Review: Poem 88's Correspondences series brings us back to balance - ArtsATL - July 7th, 2017
- Little Atoms at Wilderness - Little Atoms - June 29th, 2017
- Futuristic Thriller State of Mind Gets 15 Minutes of New Gameplay Footage - DualShockers - June 21st, 2017
- Peter Thiel is Funding the Comeback of the Woolly Mammoth - Inverse - June 21st, 2017
- The body electric - Arkansas Times - June 8th, 2017
- 4 life-changing emerging technologies to get excited about - Born2Invest - June 7th, 2017
- Transhumanism Is Just Fancy Sex-Shaming And Self-Loathing - The Federalist - April 8th, 2017
- Transhumanism: The World's Most Dangerous Idea? - March 11th, 2017
- The Reality Principle - Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies - March 11th, 2017
- Transhumanism Conference at Samford University - March 3rd, 2017
- Touring transhumanism 'To Be a Machine' - Maine Edge - March 2nd, 2017
- 'To Be A Machine' Digs Into The Meaning Of Humanity - WPSU - March 1st, 2017
- Buddhism and Transhumanism - Lankaweb - February 23rd, 2017
- Zoltan Istvan on transhumanism, politics and why the human body has to go - New Atlas - February 22nd, 2017
- Sociologist: 'Capitalism 2.0' about to slay liberalism's sacred cow - WND.com - February 8th, 2017
- Trexit?: Transnationalism and Transhumanism and why They ... - January 13th, 2017
- Transhumanism | Bioethics.com - January 3rd, 2017
- Transhumanism in fiction - Wikipedia - December 23rd, 2016
- WHAT IS TRANSHUMANISM? - Nick Bostrom - December 10th, 2016
- Transhumanism | Foreign Policy - December 10th, 2016
- Hidden In Plain Sight 4 Movies That Expose The Globalist ... - December 8th, 2016