In this whacky and never seen before world were living in, there are going to be things you are not going to see in 2020.
Its bad enough that that high school and college tournament seasons in hockey and basketball were washed away.
I especially feel for all the seniors who never got to play that final game of their careers.
Then, we lost the major league baseball season, even though the MLB insists it is still trying to implement an 80-game season and post season in the next month or so.
Good luck on that as several star players are already saying they dont want to get paid of for half of a year.
Thats the kind of greed that has turned off many people to pro sports.
Theres also the matter of playing the games in stadiums that will be cleared for the most part because of COVID-19.
I believe the fall college football season might be in the most jeopardy of any sport.
The are just too many colleges (Division I, II and III) sponsoring the sport for there not to be major problems with scheduling.
The National Football League might be in the best logistical shape of all pro teams, believe it or not.
With just 32 teams and a 17-game regular season schedule, the NFL might be able to find just enough locations safe enough to play in.
Can you imagine telling Green Bay Packers season ticket-holders they mave to travel to Minnesota or Detroit for a home game.
Sports aside, consider whats been lost locally because of the pandemic.
We also wont have the chance to watch any July Fourth festivities. There isnt going to be a Chassell Strawberry Festival or a Baraga Lumberjack Days. Or any number of other celebrations that were planned.
And thats still not the worst scenario going down the road.
If theres another outbreak coming up, we could lose the fall and winter sports seasons for everyone.
And thats very scary.
Today's breaking news and more in your inbox
See the original post here:
- Breaking down the Washington backfield for fantasy football: Can Adrian Peterson hold off Antonio Gibson and Bryce Love? | Fantasy Football News,... - August 10th, 2020
- Nielsen pulls ahead of Peterson in the Gilbert mayoral race, while Tilque, Anderson and Hendrix lead in council races - AZCentral - August 10th, 2020
- Metros Lynn Peterson offers to reduce payroll tax rate in transportation package if business group remains - OregonLive - August 10th, 2020
- High-throughput testing system latest addition to combat COVID-19 at LRMC - United States Army - August 10th, 2020
- Adrian Peterson has goals: Breaking Emmitt Smiths rushing record, and a championship - The Dallas Morning News - August 10th, 2020
- Mobile COVID testing to soon hit the road in central Pa., will also deliver regular flu tests and shots - PennLive - August 10th, 2020
- Peterson: NCAA could be another casualty | News, Sports, Jobs - Daily Mining Gazette - August 10th, 2020
- Andrew Peterson farm donations grind to a halt; funding in jeopardy - SW News Media - August 10th, 2020
- Ducks in the show: Week Two - 247Sports - August 10th, 2020
- Rare tuna catch from shore attracts pack of giant roosters - For The Win - August 10th, 2020
- Peterson working to make sure HEROES Act ag provisions make it in final bill - brownfieldagnews.com - August 10th, 2020
- Controversial professor Jordan Peterson suffering with coronavirus and got worse after taking treatment dru - The Sun - August 10th, 2020
- David Peterson Continues Solid Stretch in Win Over Marlins - metsmerizedonline.com - August 10th, 2020
- Minnesota pastor appears on Penn and Teller's TV show | INFORUM - INFORUM - August 10th, 2020
- Professor Jordan Peterson reported to have COVID - The Bay Observer - Providing a Fresh Perspective for Hamilton and Burlington - August 10th, 2020
- SOUND OFF: Can trees, newspapers and Trump get any respect? - The Bakersfield Californian - August 10th, 2020
- Mets' Peterson getting more comfortable with every start - Newsday - August 9th, 2020
- 'Burnt orange runs through my veins': Westlake's Blake Peterson to play baseball at Texas - Hookem.com - August 9th, 2020
- Adrian Peterson reflects on favorite run of career back in 2009 - Vikings Wire - August 9th, 2020
- Bus driver shortages occurring locally due to pandemic - Picayune Item - Picayune Item - August 9th, 2020
- Peterson reports just five hospitalized from Kerr County with COVID-19 - dailytimes.com - August 8th, 2020
- Lake View City Officials Pleased To Announce New Lagoon Is Now Effectively Treating Wastewater - 1380 KCIM - August 8th, 2020
- Peterson has a slight lead in the Gilbert mayoral race, while Tilque, Anderson and Hendrix lead in council races - AZCentral - August 6th, 2020
- Nebraska AG Peterson Joins Bipartisan Coalition Urging Federal Government Action - STL.News - August 6th, 2020
- Lady Panthers volleyball camp integrates young players into the program - Liberty Hill Independent - August 6th, 2020
- 'Siesta Key': Fans Think Kelsey Owens Wanted to Dump Garrett Miller and Get Back With Jake Peterson All Along - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - August 6th, 2020
- Investigation into Cottonwood Heights Police regarding 'use of force,' policy reform discussions underway - fox13now.com - August 6th, 2020
- More travelers are flying in and out of Yakima, leading Alaska Airlines to add a 2nd daily flight - Yakima Herald-Republic - August 6th, 2020
- PALERMO. Camila Giorgi surprises Peterson in the 1st round. HIGHLIGHTS - Tennis Tonic - August 6th, 2020
- Peterson has a slight lead in the Gilbert mayoral race. Here's a closer look at mayoral and council results - AZCentral - August 5th, 2020
- Peterson concerned about COVID-19, 'but work is work' - NBC Sports Washington - August 5th, 2020
- Angler Shows the Benefits of Fishing With a 'Tiny Child Rig' and What it Looks Like Underwater - Wide Open Country - August 5th, 2020
- Bush shocks Clay in congressional primary: 'We the people have answers' - Cherokee Tribune Ledger News - August 5th, 2020
- Robin Peterson Reveals He Was Once Called The 'K-Word' By A Former South African Cricketer - Cricket Addictor - August 4th, 2020
- Peterson: Who wants to clean up this mess? - Vail Daily News - August 4th, 2020
- FARMERS FROM GEORGIA AND ALABAMA MEET WITH FARMERS IN THE CROOKSTON AREA - kroxam.com - August 4th, 2020
- Washington Football News: Alex Smith part of Washingtons equation at QB when healthy; Love, Guice and Pete - Hogs Haven - August 3rd, 2020
- BWW Interview: Jon Peterson of P3 Theatre Company on Presenting Streaming Performances of Tour-de-Farce Comedy GREATER TUNA - Broadway World - August 3rd, 2020
- Adrian Peterson could benefit from the lack of offseason activities - NBC Sports Washington - August 3rd, 2020
- Suspects in Monroe officer's line-of-duty shooting appear in court - WTOL - August 3rd, 2020
- Mets vs. Red Sox recap: The Mets beatdown in Beantown continues - Amazin' Avenue - August 3rd, 2020
- No mass shootings in the U.S. since the pandemic started what about once its over? - ABC27 - August 3rd, 2020
- Friends and family remember Amy Gibson on one year anniversary of shooting at Dawson fire station - Forsyth County News Online - July 31st, 2020
- Peterson wins MLB debut as Mets beat Red Sox 8-3 - theday.com - July 31st, 2020
- Flight Works Alabama is a new airspace exhibition and education center in Mobile - WKRG News 5 - July 31st, 2020
- Peterson Ridge has a new trailheadwith parking and bathrooms | Go Here | Bend - The Source Weekly - July 31st, 2020
- Man accused of shooting tenants' AC with shotgun - Rutland Herald - July 31st, 2020
- Peterson: Last call for the Top 120 of 2020 - The Topeka Capital-Journal - July 31st, 2020
- 'Voire Dire': How the Portage County Circuit Court inspired an opera, and now a CD - Stevens Point Journal - July 29th, 2020
- Brett Favre Gave Adrian Peterson the Motivation to Keep Playing - Sportscasting - July 29th, 2020
- Rookie David Peterson in the conversation to join Mets rotation - New York Post - July 28th, 2020
- Hello Idaho: The Speedy Foundation continues to offer guidance surrounding suicide prevention - KTVB.com - July 28th, 2020
- Peterson: Re-discovering that theres no one-size-fits-all for college football - Des Moines Register - July 28th, 2020
- Athlete of the Week: Dylan Peterson - Shelby County Reporter - Shelby County Reporter - July 28th, 2020
- After 30 Years, Making Accessibility Information Accessible - Forbes - July 28th, 2020
- 5-year-old boy severely injured after being run over during camping trip - East Idaho News - July 28th, 2020
- Allison Peterson Named Region 15 Secondary Teacher of the Year - Standard-Times - July 28th, 2020
- SAISD: Allison Peterson Named Region 15 Secondary Teacher of the Year - ConchoValleyHomepage.com - July 26th, 2020
- Millie Peterson - Antioch On The Move - July 26th, 2020
- Hochman: With compassion and grace, Wainwright showed why Cardinals wore Black Lives Matter shirts - St. Louis Post-Dispatch - July 26th, 2020
- How They Shot the Wrong-Way Car Chase in To Live and Die in L.A. - Film School Rejects - July 26th, 2020
- SOUND OFF: The happiest story of the week - The Bakersfield Californian - July 26th, 2020
- Peterson: Can it be there is a glimmer? | News, Sports, Jobs - Daily Mining Gazette - July 26th, 2020
- Original artist working to restore replica fish car - The Wilton Bulletin - July 26th, 2020
- BenFred: Cardinals are showing their city how to have hard discussions about racism. Let's learn from them - St. Louis Post-Dispatch - July 26th, 2020
- Hamilton Health Center to roll out free community Covid-19 testing - ABC27 - July 25th, 2020
- 'Your inner voice will need to be your compass': Turners Falls High School says goodbye to Class of 2020 - The Recorder - July 25th, 2020
- Grand Chute police will not take disciplinary action against officer who posted racist tweets in high school - Post-Crescent - July 25th, 2020
- Madison Local Schools will offer online academy option - Richland Source - July 21st, 2020
- Original artist working to restore replica fish car - Huron Daily Tribune - July 21st, 2020
- Gervase Peterson urges Survivor to be more equally diverse, both on-screen and behind-the-scenes - Gold Derby - July 21st, 2020
- Peterson Way Office Project Variance Gets Approved - The Silicon Valley Voice - July 21st, 2020
- ABC 27 reporter Alex Peterson announces he will be leaving the Harrisburg TV station - PennLive - July 21st, 2020
- Peterson Farm Bros. Check In With Some Summer Fun - Southeast Produce Weekly - July 21st, 2020
- Western News - The Western News - July 21st, 2020
- Rockaway Township's recreation overhaul moves forward. Here are the plans - Daily Record - July 21st, 2020
- A Peterson Farm Brother breaks down why it is OK to be a small farmer | AGDALY - AGDAILY - July 21st, 2020
- Adrian Peterson Devastatingly Lost His 2-Year-Old Son That He Never Met - Sportscasting - July 21st, 2020
- The Recruiting Trail: Belmont checked all the boxes for K-W's Peterson - PostBulletin.com - July 21st, 2020
- Body of fisherman recovered from Root River near Peterson - WXOW.com - July 21st, 2020