The NFL appears to operate from a hypocrisy playbook. Free agent Antonio Brown was invited to workout with the New Orleans Saints Friday Morning, as the investigation continues on the wide receiver surrounding the recent sexual assault allegations made against him, according to an ESPN report. Brown posted a photo of his workout waiver with the team on social media, but the upload has since been deleted.
MORE: The NFL Welcoming Antonio Brown But Shunning Colin Kaepernick Is Peak Hypocrisy
NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport noted on Twitter that the NFL has made clear that if someone signs AB, hes likely headed to the Commissioners Exempt list until his investigation is complete.
Brown is currently being investigated by the NFL under the leagues personal conduct policy following a lawsuit filed by his personal trainer, Britney Taylor, who alleged that he sexually assaulted her on three occasions, according to a report on Sporting News. The former New England Patriots receiver wasaccused ofexploitation, sexual assault and rape.
An artist working at Browns home in 2017 also accused him of sexual misconduct.
Brown has denied the allegations made against him.
The NFL released a statement on Sept. 20 indicating that Brown would not be placed on the commissioners exempt list while on free agent status. However, the league warned, If he is signed by a club, such placement may become appropriate at any time depending on the status of the investigation. Upon the conclusion of the investigation, he may also be subject to discipline if the investigation finds that he has violated the law or league policies.
It is interesting that Brown is being given a second chance while he is in the midst of a sexual assault investigation that has not yet concluded, but Colin Kaepernick is still out of work for his non-violent protest against systemic oppression.
This is the same Antonio Brown who tweeted on Thursday, Now days I deal with lawsuits ; you telling me this what it came too ! Taking your panties off thats how I remember yoouuuuuu!
The San Francisco 49ers quarterback has been waiting for his chance to return to an NFL field for three years. He has not played a game with the league since 2016.
Yet and still, despite his fight against police brutality, which placed him at the forefront of media criticism and ridicule, he still wanted to play football.
Last month, Kaepernick announced that he was invited to workout at the Atlanta Falcons stadium. Im just getting word from my representatives that the NFL league office reached out to them about a workout in Atlanta on Saturday. Ive been in shape and ready for this for 3 years, cant wait to see the head coaches and GMs on Saturday, he wrote on Nov. 12.
Kaep shifted the narrative and held his own workout at an Atlanta high school so that the media could attend. At least seven teams attended his workout. Meanwhile, the NFL considered Kaep a no-show for changing the venue.
We are disappointed that Colin did not appear for his workout, the league said in a statement. Todays session was designed to give Colin what he has consistently said he wants, an opportunity to show his football readiness and desire to return to the NFL.
Kaeps team released a statement following his workout revealing that the media would not have been able to attend the private session at the Falcons facility. Kaep, however, wanted transparency. The NFL also wanted the former NFL player to sign an unusual liability waiver.
This seems like a game of picking and choosing more than anything else.
Check out some reactions to Antonio Browns workout with the Saints below.
Alabama City That Wanted Segregated Schools Ordered To Pay Black Students Legal Fees
Suspected White Supremacist National Guardsmen Are Latest Racist Stain On The Military
See the original post:
- Fold of the Week Celebrates 500-Episode Milestone - Printing Impressions - January 30th, 2020
- Blizzard Developers Once Prototyped A VR Version Of Hearthstone - UploadVR - January 30th, 2020
- No, A VR Developer Did Not Confirm PSVR 2 Is Coming This Year - UploadVR - January 30th, 2020
- Fold of the Week Celebrates 500-Episode Milestone with Special Giveaway - What They Think - January 30th, 2020
- What Happened In The 'Emergence' Season Finale? - Pajiba - January 30th, 2020
- Mind uploading | Transhumanism Wiki | Fandom - January 28th, 2020
- Mind uploading - RationalWiki - January 28th, 2020
- Q&A: AI and the Future of Your Mind - UConn Today - January 28th, 2020
- Is Article Spinning Just the Same as Article Rewriting - Techiexpert.com - TechiExpert.com - January 28th, 2020
- Checklist: Things to do before the end of the tax year - Moneyweb.co.za - January 28th, 2020
- Ohio Loses Its Mind Over The Death of Mr. Peanut - wkfr.com - January 28th, 2020
- From Meme Tablet to Everyday Computer, the iPad Changed the Way I Work Completely - Wccftech - January 28th, 2020
- 26-million Americans expected to bet on SuperBowl. Don't go overboard - wobm.com - January 28th, 2020
- Clearview app is able to know everything about you with a single photo - Inceptive Mind - January 28th, 2020
- Super Bowl LIV Predictions from Experts and Comedians - Football Absurdity - January 28th, 2020
- How to get 10 FREE fuel at supermarket petrol stations this weekend - The Sun - December 28th, 2019
- Stranger Things Season 4 New Faces Are Joining the Cast - Upload Comet - December 28th, 2019
- Want to Save Money on Your Adobe Subscription? Try This Simple Trick - Fstoppers - December 28th, 2019
- Dual Axis: Find out why People can't Stop Talking about the Best illusion of 2019! - Digital Information World - December 28th, 2019
- Are you on a weight reduction undertaking? Whip up those soups this wintry weather - Health Writeups - December 28th, 2019
- Why This Comedian Wants to Be Every Instagay's Gay Fat Friend - NewNowNext - December 26th, 2019
- 9 Commandments for Using Chatbots to Deliver Great Content Experience - MarTech Advisor - December 26th, 2019
- Sony just unveiled a new controller innovation that will launch before the PS5 - BGR - December 18th, 2019
- Twitter to Retain the Quality of JPEG Images Uploaded on Web Moving Forward! - Digital Information World - December 18th, 2019
- LIFESTYLE Finding the light - The Florentine - December 18th, 2019
- Best VR Of 2019 Nominee: Wolves In The Walls Brought An NPC To Life - UploadVR - December 18th, 2019
- From Homeless to Pro Photographer: What it Actually Takes to Make it as a Photographer - PetaPixel - December 18th, 2019
- Want to be entertained? These apps will do the job! - BestTechie - December 18th, 2019
- How to draw in Google Docs using the built-in Drawing tool, to add customized drawings to your documents - Business Insider - November 21st, 2019
- This Is The $13 Cable Officially Recommended For Oculus Link Beta - UploadVR - November 21st, 2019
- How to ditch the cloud and move to do-it-yourself NAS instead - The Age - November 21st, 2019
- Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time Review: A Few Sonic Screws Short Of A Winner - UploadVR - November 13th, 2019
- You can get a free Hulu subscription with Spotify, but only if youre a college student heres what you need to know - Business Insider - November 13th, 2019
- Tumblr is launching a new group messaging feature built with fans in mind - The Verge - November 13th, 2019
- A Love Letter to "Jeopardy!," the World's Best Game Show - Popdust - November 13th, 2019
- The many benefits of TikTok - The Butler Collegian - November 13th, 2019
- Goodness and humor celebrated as Sesame Street turns 50 - Wilkes Barre Times-Leader - November 13th, 2019
- What happens if your mind lives for ever on the internet? - The Guardian - October 26th, 2019
- How to get a free pumpkin worth 2 this Halloween - The Sun - October 26th, 2019
- What happens to your Pixel's original quality photo backups, according to Google - Android Authority - October 26th, 2019
- Earth observation and citizen science a match made in heaven - DW (English) - October 26th, 2019
- Scrapbooks of Sound - The Stanford Daily - October 26th, 2019
- How to get 10 FREE fuel at supermarket petrol stations this week - The Sun - October 26th, 2019
- The robot wears Prada: what happens when AI starts giving out fashion tips? - The Conversation AU - October 26th, 2019
- The robot wears Prada: Tips on what to wear from Amazon, Google and Facebook - AdNews - October 26th, 2019
- An 8-Year-Old Girl Says She Was Almost Kidnapped. Media and Parents Freaked Out. It Was a Hoax. - Reason - October 26th, 2019
- Chris Ramsey has a horror of a gift in mind for his wife as he prepares for a Halloween-theme Strictly - Tech Ballad - October 26th, 2019
- 10 Tips to Get Most Out of Safari in iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 - Beebom - October 26th, 2019
- Updating Aadhaar card address with rent agreement? 3 things to keep in mind - Livemint - October 24th, 2019
- BuzzFeed, Vice and Pink News first publishers to add 'share to Snapchat' button to sites - The Drum - October 24th, 2019
- Only the lonely - MaltaToday - October 24th, 2019
- How to back up your Android phone and keep all of your important information safe - CNET - October 24th, 2019
- NASA’s Orion Crew Capsule Aced Its Abort System Test - July 6th, 2019
- What Do a Toy Store and a Tech Accelerator Have in Common? Cloud-Based Tech. - July 6th, 2019
- White Paper: These 12 Principles Are Shaping the Future of Autonomous Cars - July 6th, 2019
- This Room-Sized Device Could Create Artificial Gravity in Space - July 6th, 2019
- Facebook Is Finally Fighting Its Pseudoscience “Miracle Cure” Content Problem - July 6th, 2019
- This AI Gives Other AIs Names Like “Ass Federation” And “Hot Pie” Because Robots Can Be Weird Too - July 6th, 2019
- Here’s How You Can Watch Today’s Total Solar Eclipse - July 6th, 2019
- World’s Smallest MRI Machine Means We Can Now Scan Individual Atoms - July 6th, 2019
- CRISPR Helps Scientists Cure HIV In Living Animals For First Time - July 6th, 2019
- Billionaires Are Dead Serious About Moving Factories to Space - July 6th, 2019
- Possible Alien Radio Signals Way More Common Than Believed - July 6th, 2019
- The Pentagon Wants Its Own Orbital Space Station, Like a Death Star, But Not, Okay? - July 6th, 2019
- Russian Sub That Caught Fire Possibly Sent to Cut Internet Cables - July 6th, 2019
- We May Never Know When That Third CRISPR Baby Is Born - July 6th, 2019
- The Era of Sex for Reproduction Is Coming to an End, Says Author - July 6th, 2019
- A Physicist and His Son Are 3D-Printing a Full-Scale Lamborghini - July 6th, 2019
- AI Poised to Ruin Internet Using “Massive Tsunami” of Fake News - July 6th, 2019
- atheism | Definition, Philosophy, & Comparison to ... - May 28th, 2019
- atheism r/atheism - reddit: the front page of the internet - May 28th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: This Week on Bitfinex, Tether, Coinbase, & More - May 25th, 2019
- Ripple Price Forecast: XRP vs SWIFT, SEC Updates, and More - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Bitcoin ETFs, Andreessen Horowitz, and Contradictions in Crypto - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Looking Past the Bithumb Crypto Hack - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: XRP Validators, Malta, and Practical Tokens - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Bitcoin ETF Rejection, AMD Microchip Sales, and Hedge Funds - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: What You Need to Know This Week - May 25th, 2019
- Bitcoin Rise: Is the Recent Bitcoin Price Surge a Sign of Things to Come or Another Misdirection? - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Vitalik Buterin Doesn’t Care About Bitcoin ETFs - May 25th, 2019