October 13, 2019
EXETER For nearly a century, Barber Ford of Exeter has been a fixture of the Pittston-area business community.
Closing in on the 100-year mark, the dealership is making a new name for itself as one of the premier commercial truck centers in a large area of the state, a move designed to take advantage of a strong economy in which there is growing need for heavy equipment.
Fords motto is we own work, and were trying to do the same thing, Sales Manager Dustin Iacovazzi said during an interview at the Wyoming Avenue business last week.
Barber Ford began ramping up its commercial vehicle business about three years ago, Iacovazzi said, and now has one of the largest inventories between Northeastern Pennsylvania and the Philadelphia region.
Formally designated a Ford Commercial Vehicle Center, Barber added a truck facility in 2017, together with more technicians and specialized equipment, to service the new lines they are now carrying.
These moves have paid off.
Our economy is good, people are building again, people are working on their houses, people are doing yardwork, landscaping, people are spending money again, Iacovazzi said. All these contractors who are coming in are guys who havent bought a truck in 10 years, five years, theyve been making due.
But the past year was good for them, this year is good for them, he added. Theyre able to upgrade their equipment.
Customers range from small contractors and handymen to large fleet operators, including municipalities, government agencies and schools, Iacovazzi said, and Barber is a supplier for COSTARS, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvanias cooperative purchasing program.
While its roots are firmly planted in Northeastern Pennsylvania, Barber is finding sales sales success well beyond the region and the state.
As Iacovazzi explained, the average consumer will search in a 50-mile radius of their home when buying a vehicle, but the average commercial customer will search in a 500-mile radius or sometimes beyond.
Were shipping trucks to Texas, were working on a deal right now with a guy in Wyoming, he said.
A century of service
What is now Barber Ford began in Pittston in 1920 as a dealership for Willys and Dort vehicles, General Manager Matt DePrimo said.
Many may remember the Willys name for its later assocation with Jeep production during World War II. Dort Motor Cars, on the other hand, enjoyed a brief heyday around World War I before the company faded from the scene in the 1920s.
Barber became a Ford dealership in 1932, DePrimo said, and has remained so ever since. The company relocated to its current location in Exeter in 1950.
It also remains a family business, now in its third generation.
DePrimo, who is one of the owners, said he has been with the company, founded by his wifes uncle, for 36 years.
The fourth generation, my daughter, is with us part-time right now, he added.
Between its Exeter and Hazleton locations the latter opened in 1999 Barber employs about 80 people, DePrimo said.
The commercial trucks are a whole new business direction that weve taken, DePrimo said. Its been very successful for us.
A large variety
While the average motorist might not notice the difference, commercial trucks come in a wide variety of types, sizes and designs, and Barber prides itself on carrying the spectrum.
Were stocking a little bit of everything so that the customer can come in and buy a vehicle right now. They dont have to wait four months, six months, Iacovazzi said. We have the truck in stock, ready to go. And if we dont have it, we have the vehicles that we are able to upfit them and get them on the road in a short period of time.
What does that include?
Barbers offerings cover trucks with plows, dump trucks, hook lifts, trucks with interchangeable bodies, even a selection of used trucks.
They have over 120 chassis cab and super duty trucks in stock, Iacovazzi said, as well as medium-duty trucks, 650s/750s, transit vans and cargo vans.
We deal with probably over a dozen different vendors to supply us with bodies, and like I said, we have a lot of bodies and different trucks in stock. Theres probably 15 different dump trucks you can choose from. Were your one-stop shop, he added.
For this story, Iacovazzi posed with a flashy black and chrome dump truck outside the dealership. The shiny vehicle helps illustrate just how specialized and different commercial trucks can be, he explained.
That is an F650, a medium-duty truck. It would be something a township, municipality, or construction excavator would have. Thats a highly optioned one, Iacovazzi said.
Everybody thinks of a dump truck just being a dump truck, but its so much more, he added. We are able to customize the truck and build exactly what you want. And there is a truck that was built exactly to what that persons specs were.
Im a truck guy
As Barber prepares to mark its 100th anniversary in 2020, Iacovazzi is himself closing in on 20 years in the car business.
He has been with Iacovazzi since 2009, and previously worked as sales manager.
This started to roll, and as it started to get going, we transitioned me into this position, he said. Im a truck guy. So it was just a natural transition.
Iacovazzi started as the sole commercial truck person, with Melinda Christison added to the team and a third person possibly coming in the near future.
Were just going after a market that is underdeveloped, he said.
Dustin Iacovazzi, sales manager of Barber Ford in Exeter, is seen with a Ford F650 medium-duty dump truck outside the Wyoming Avenue dealership last week. Everybody thinks of a dump truck just being a dump truck, but its so much more, he said. We are able to customize the truck and build exactly what you want.
Barber Ford finds success in growing commercial truck line
Read more here:
- Mind uploading - Wikipedia - May 26th, 2020
- Mind uploading | Transhumanism Wiki | Fandom - May 26th, 2020
- Mind Uploading - May 26th, 2020
- What happens if your mind lives for ever on the internet ... - May 26th, 2020
- Mind uploading - RationalWiki - May 26th, 2020
- Mind uploading in fiction - Wikipedia - May 26th, 2020
- The Singularity Is Near: Mind Uploading by 2045? | Live ... - May 26th, 2020
- The Office Creator Greg Daniels on Returning to the Funny TV Business With Space Force and Upload - Variety - May 26th, 2020
- Soona, The Virtual Photoshoot Company Youve Been Dreaming About - Forbes - May 26th, 2020
- Forget Zombies: Its Humans That Make The Walking Dead VR Truly Memorable - UploadVR - May 26th, 2020
- OnePlus 8 Pro: 5 reasons to pick up this fully formed Android [Video] - 9to5Google - May 26th, 2020
- 'The 100': Who Did the Dark Commander Kill? - Heavy.com - May 26th, 2020
- "Rolling - 3,2,1: A take on the Australian Media Industry" - Kalkine Media - May 26th, 2020
- Will We Ever Be Able to Upload Our Brains? - ComputerShopper.com - May 15th, 2020
- AP test-takers report problems submitting online exams, fear they'll have to retake - NBC News - May 15th, 2020
- Instagram Officially Launches Option to Share Instagram Live Broadcasts to IGTV - Social Media Today - May 15th, 2020
- 15 TV shows and hidden gems that might be under your radar - from Netflix's Midnight Gospel to Amazon's Upload - Yahoo News - May 15th, 2020
- Broadband jargon buster - learn the internet lingo before you buy - TechRadar - May 15th, 2020
- You will be seeing a lot of Qualcomm SD768G 5G phones soon - GadgetGuy - May 15th, 2020
- Four things that may delay PF advance - Livemint - May 15th, 2020
- Covidsafe app: how Australias coronavirus contact tracing app works, what it does, downloads and problems - The Guardian - May 15th, 2020
- Our forthcoming shows will be dedicated to the memory of those who have lost their lives Aysha Rau, The Little Theatre, Chennai - Indulgexpress - May 15th, 2020
- How to tell how fast your internet speed is using a free and accurate speed test - Business Insider - Business Insider - May 15th, 2020
- Add Game Of Thrones & Westworld To Your Zoom Calls With HBO Backgrounds - Screen Rant - May 15th, 2020
- Aarogya Setu data only shared with government officials directly involved in COVID-19 interventions - Times Now - May 15th, 2020
- Beat Ways To Learn PLC Programming With The Help Of PLC Training - NewsPatrolling - May 15th, 2020
- Upload Satirizes a Capitalist Heaven - The Atlantic - May 11th, 2020
- Endpoint Security: The New Frontier - Security Today - May 11th, 2020
- Covidsafe app: how to download Australias coronavirus contact tracing app, how it works, what it does and problems - The Guardian - May 11th, 2020
- Why Entrepreneurs Should Choose Insights Over Instincts - The Advocate - May 10th, 2020
- 5 ways to replace stadium atmospheres as football goes behind closed doors - Paddy Power News - May 10th, 2020
- 'I Am Doing My Best' - Teaching Math During the School Closure Crisis - Education Week - May 10th, 2020
- View: The price of Covid freedom may be eternal spying - ETTelecom.com - May 10th, 2020
- How to rent a property during the circuit breaker: Tips for landlords - AsiaOne - May 10th, 2020
- Why Entrepreneurs Should Choose Insights Over Instincts - Entrepreneur - May 9th, 2020
- Free cloud storage: Which providers offer the most space - Android Authority - May 9th, 2020
- The immortalist: Uploading the mind to a computer - BBC News - May 3rd, 2020
- Enid High School seeing adjustment in wake of coronavirus - Enid News & Eagle - May 3rd, 2020
- Here's How Coronavirus Has Impacted Aussie Drug Habits & How Dealers Are Making It Work - Pedestrian TV - May 3rd, 2020
- 5 Traps That Will Kill Online Learning (and Strategies to Avoid Them) - EdSurge - May 3rd, 2020
- How to Be a Good Neighbor Now - The New York Times - May 3rd, 2020
- From Hannah Gadsby's Douglas to The Great: what's new to streaming in Australia in May - The Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- That Blessed 'Parks And Rec' Reunion Just Aired So Here's A TL;DR Of Everything That Happened - Pedestrian TV - May 3rd, 2020
- Lockdown in Mind, UGC Committee Recommends Starting Admission Process from August 1 - News18 - May 3rd, 2020
- I Lost My Casual Job & It Ended Up Being The Best Thing That Ever Happened For My Career - Pedestrian TV - May 3rd, 2020
- 10 Amazing Tips to Get the Best out of TikTok Mobile App - Dignited - May 3rd, 2020
- Why Our Minds Can't Really Be Uploaded to Computers - Walter Bradley Center for Natural and Artificial Intelligence - April 26th, 2020
- How to edit the caption on a TikTok by reposting it - Business Insider - Business Insider - April 26th, 2020
- The best broadband deals in April 2020 - The Sun - April 26th, 2020
- Everything You Need to Know About Your Smartphone's New COVID-19 Tracker - University of Virginia - April 26th, 2020
- The University of Utah library wants you! to share coronavirus history being made at your house - Salt Lake Tribune - April 26th, 2020
- Fear Over The Job Market Prompted Thousands Of People To Upload Their Rsums Online - Forbes - March 31st, 2020
- This Is How You Actually Make Money on YouTube - Yahoo Finance - March 31st, 2020
- New to Zoom? Here are tips and tricks to make you a pro user - FOX40 - March 31st, 2020
- Meet the artist whose upload is one of our 2020 favourites (so far) - ABC News - March 31st, 2020
- How to Make a Bit of Extra Cash From Your Living Room - OZY - March 31st, 2020
- Shufti Pro donates free ID and biometric face verification to coronavirus frontline organizations - Biometric Update - March 31st, 2020
- 'The dancefloor is a religious experience': the unselfconscious retro joy of the home dance workout - The Guardian - March 31st, 2020
- Half-Life: Alyx Is The Highest Rated PC Game So Far In 2020, According to Metacritic - UploadVR - March 31st, 2020
- The consumers guide to internet speed - Flux Magazine - March 31st, 2020
- Modsy Interior Design Review - The Pros, Cons, and Cost of Modsy - GoodHousekeeping.com - March 31st, 2020
- Westworld: Who Is the Charlotte Hale Host? - Collider.com - March 31st, 2020
- Schools embrace remote learning to beat Covid-19 disruption - Small Business - March 31st, 2020
- Can you see someone's profile picture if they have blocked you on WhatsApp? Here's what you need to know - Times Now - March 31st, 2020
- How the FE sector is adapting to the coronavirus crisis - FE Week - March 31st, 2020
- Valve Talks Half-Life: Alyxs Big Ending: You Could Say The Team Is Issuing A Challenge - UploadVR - March 26th, 2020
- How fast does your internet need to be to survive quarantine life? - Mashable - March 26th, 2020
- How Long Do You Want to Live? This Technology Could Potentially Help People Live Forever - Interesting Engineering - March 26th, 2020
- 'Star Trek: Picard': Jean-Luc Picard may upload his mind to a synthesized being, bringing the show full circle - MEAWW - March 26th, 2020
- Coronavirus making you work from home? We tried these 6 free apps to break the monotony - YourStory - March 26th, 2020
- 2AM's Jo Kwon Talks About How Musicals With EXO's Xiumin, Yoon Ji Sung, And More Helped Him During Military Service + His Future Plans - soompi - March 26th, 2020
- Meet the GIF Makers Who Craft Art out of Pinpoint Gameplay - EGMNOW - March 26th, 2020
- The Best Ways to Virtually Stay in Touch During the COVID-19 Pandemic - Training.com.au - March 26th, 2020
- Why Networking is So Important in the Legal Industry - Legal Reader - March 26th, 2020
- Grammarly vs Ginger: Which Is the Best Grammar Checker - Guiding Tech - March 26th, 2020
- How COVID-19 is highlighting the need for Canada to embrace digital signatures - BetaKit - March 26th, 2020
- Which Malaysian Telco provides the best roaming experience in Singapore? - SoyaCincau.com - March 17th, 2020
- Five Features Your Next CRM Needs To Maximize Your Sales - Forbes - March 17th, 2020
- Here's an easy method to install the Google Play Store on your Huawei phone - comments - GSMArena.com - March 17th, 2020
- City of Cape Town will shut down these facilities due to coronavirus - The South African - March 17th, 2020