The best Instagram Stories hacks are usually top-secret, but were here to reveal them all!
- Advertisement -
From new and useful features to editing tools and techniques, were unearthing some of our favorite Instagram Stories hacks that are sure to make your stories stand out.
Keep reading to learn how you can make engaging, artistic, and effective stories with these 18 Instagram Stories hacks!
- Advertisement -
Instagram Stories are getting a lot more creative and interactive from AR filters and animations, to templates and Instagram Stories stickers, there are a lot of new features to experiment with.
While new updates and features are always exciting, they can be a bit intimidating when starting out which is why why were dishing out our best-kept secrets.
With our design hacks and in-app tricks, you can use Instagram Stories to widen your reach, drive more traffic, and gain more followers in no time.
Ready to get started? Were sharing all our best Instagram Stories tips and tricks you (probably) dont know yet. Watch the video or continue reading this blog post.
Have you ever wanted to add in extra images or have multiple photos in a single Instagram story? Or add a specific GIF you cant find in Instagrams GIF Library?
Were going to show you two ways to do it:
This is a super simple and quick way to get an extra photo or GIF onto your Instagram story post. All you have to do is copy a photo from your camera roll and then paste it onto your story using the text tool!
Start by opening a photo and tapping the export button.
Now tap Copy and head back to your Instagram story.
Double-tap the screen to pull up the Paste option.
And thats it! The photo you copied earlier should now appear on your story.
The second option is to download Googles Gboard app and paste photos directly from your keyboard.
To do this, simply open a story, and tap the screen to pull up the Gboard.
Now tap the G Google logo and type a query into the search bar.
You can sort your search to include images and GIFs.
Once you find what youre looking for, simply tap the image or GIF to copy it, and then tap the screen once to paste it!
Just remember to check the usage rights or credit the image where needed.
Whats great about this Instagram Stories hack is that there are so many use cases. For example, if youre re-sharing an Instagram post to your stories, you can paste a rectangle onto the story and then place it behind the post to create a framing effect.
Or if youre trying to add your brand colors to a story, you can paste an element that contains the colors onto your story (like a graphic or logo), and then use the color dropper tool to pick up the exact color from that element.
Did you know that you can turn your live photos into Boomerangs in Instagram Stories?
As far as Instagram Stories hacks go, this ones definitely on the lesser-known side. The reason is that in order for it to work, the live photo needs to be taken within the last 24 hours!Heres how to do it:
Simply open Instagram Stories, swipe up, and pick a live photo from your camera roll.
Once selected, press firmly on the screen for a few seconds until you see the word Boomerang appear briefly.
And thats it! Youve now turned your shot into a Boomerang!
Instagram Stories offers a bunch of great fonts, but nothing beats having your own brand font! If youre looking to add a little more brand to your stories, writing in your brand font is a great option. And luckily, theres a way to do it.
Start by downloading the Over mobile app. Once downloaded, AirDrop your fonts .OFT file to your mobile device.
Select Over from the menu that pops up.
And thats all. Now when you design a story in Over, youll be able to incorporate your brand fonts!
Looking for more ways to create Instagram Stories that match your branding? Check out our free video workshop on how design captivating Instagram Stories using the popular design app Over!
Instagram collects a ton of great data around your Instagram posts performance, like the number of impressions, saves, follows, and more. But theres one piece of data you might be missing out on: story reshares.
You wont find this in your Instagram Insights. Instead, youll need to tap the ellipsis in the top right corner of a post to pull up a menu with the option to View Story Reshares.
This will take you to a screen with a list of your current public reshares.
You can even tap one of the reshares to see it live on the users account.
If you dont see the option to see reshares, this means that your post isnt currently being shared in anyones stories!
This can be particularly useful if youre looking to share user-generated content on your Instagram Stories! For example, if youve just launched a new product, you might want to reshare how your followers are reacting to your big announcement!
A few of the font styles in Instagram Stories lack the option to be left- or right-aligned, which can be a bit of a nuisance.
Usually, you can just tap the alignment button in the top left corner of the screen to change your texts alignment. But if the button is missing (which is the case for the Modern, Neon, and Strong fonts), your text will automatically appear centered.
Luckily, theres an easy solution! Simply type a message in Instagram Stories with a font that doesnt have the alignment button.
Now swipe a finger left or right on your text. This should change the texts alignment.
Instagram Stories is a great place to show off your brands personality, but its also really important to reflect your brands style, tone and aesthetic. And one of the easiest ways to do this is to integrate your brands color palette.
But what if Instagram doesnt offer your brand colors in its default color options?
Lucky for you, theres a hidden Instagram Stories hack that lets you access every color you could need for your text!
All you have to do is open your Instagram Stories and select the brush tool. Now tap and long-hold any of the default color options at the bottom of the screen to open the color slider.
Now just swipe across the slider to pick a custom color for your story.
Similarly, if youre using an Instagram Stories template that youve designed with your brand colors, you can use the color picker tool to pinpoint the exact brand color from your template!
Looking to get started with using Instagram Stories for your business? Check out our free 45-minute video course on how to design beautiful Instagram Stories that will help you get more followers, traffic, and sales!
If you really want to make your text design even more impressive, you can use the color picker tool to create a color gradient (or rainbow) effect with your text!
To do this, open Instagram Stories and type out a message. Then tap on your text and tap Select All to highlight it.
While your text is highlighted, press and hold one finger down on the color palette tool at the bottom of your screen (like you did before) to open the entire color spectrum.
With one finger held down on the color slider, and one on your highlighted text, begin to drag both fingers toward the left side of your screen at the same time.
Youll see your text begin to change color, letter by letter, as you drag your finger across the color spectrum! You can move your finger faster or slower for additional color variations, or alternate the direction that you drag your fingers across the screen to achieve an entirely different result.
Sometimes the simplest Instagram Stories hacks are the most fun!
If youve ever wanted to make your emojis really stand out on Instagram Stories, theres a hidden trick to give them a glow effect.
To do this, simply open your stories, tap the screen to open the text tool, and select the Neon font.
Now when you add an emoji, it should have a slight glow behind it!
This color-fill trick is pretty useful when you want to share a canvas with drawings and text rather than a photo or video!
Tap the pen icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and select a color.
Next, tap and hold on the screen for 1-3 seconds until the screen is filled with a solid color.
Note: The screen will have a solid color fill if you use the marker or neon brush, or a translucent color fill if you use the chisel-tip brush.
If you want to take this Instagram Stories hack a step further, you can use the eraser tool to create a sort of scratch card effect thats perfect for reveals!
For example, if youre teasing an upcoming campaign or even a new blog post, you can paint your screen with the brush tool and then use the eraser to share a few details about whats to come.
Heres how to do it:
Open Instagram Stories and take a photo or upload one from your camera roll. Once your photo is in, tap the pen icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and select a color.
- 6 WordPress Plugins Breached by Hackers - Built In - October 8th, 2020
- Why Sales and Bestseller List Reporting Is Vital in 2020: An Overview - BTW - October 8th, 2020
- When to Get a Refinance Home Appraisal and When to Skip - Credible News - October 8th, 2020
- Why Image-Enabling the EHR Benefits Patients and Providers Alike - Diagnostic Imaging - October 8th, 2020
- Money Game: Will instruction apps ever beat one-on-one teaching? - Golf.com - October 8th, 2020
- Neuralink Is Impressive Tech, Wrapped in Musk Hype - WIRED - September 8th, 2020
- Glow & Lovely has launched its new campaign, but why does it look and feel exactly like Fair & Lovely? - Business Insider India - September 8th, 2020
- A live digital Platform behind the scenes for more effective and transparent country response - World Health Organization - September 8th, 2020
- How group streaming could look in the future - Mashable - September 8th, 2020
- Back to the books: Glen Cove Public Library is now open for browsing - liherald - September 8th, 2020
- During the pandemic, local companies help seniors bridge the technology gap - Chesterfield Observer - September 8th, 2020
- Op-ed: Privacy considerations to keep in mind with Amazon's Halo - CNBC - September 2nd, 2020
- Sean OShea: Tips for Paralegals and Litigation Support Professionals August 2020 - JD Supra - September 2nd, 2020
- Why and How Did Tik Tok Absolutely Take Over Quarantine? - The George-Anne - September 2nd, 2020
- Blasters of the Universe: Infinity Forever Is A New Free-Roam VR Shooter - UploadVR - September 2nd, 2020
- Jamia group accuses admin of not listening to queries over merit-based admissions, varsity says no decicion yet - EdexLive - September 2nd, 2020
- 'As Kids We Were Taught to Become Humans, Amit Shah Wants Us to Become Hindus, Muslims' - The Wire - September 2nd, 2020
- There's more to testing than simply testing - SDTimes.com - September 2nd, 2020
- 'We're lucky to have The Hub' - Art & Leisure - Teesdale Mercury - September 2nd, 2020
- On The Podcast: Snapchat Is The Biggest Media Company Whose Content Youve Never WatchedBut Thats About To Change - Tubefilter - August 31st, 2020
- Yes, John Carmack Will Speak Live At Facebook Connect - UploadVR - August 31st, 2020
- Grab's Asha Gourinath on why it's time for brands to re-evaluate their messaging - The Drum - August 31st, 2020
- Tired Of Looking Online? These New Business Ideas Are Mind-Blowing To Start With! - Inventiva - August 31st, 2020
- How to Record and Transcribe Audio in Microsoft Word - Beebom - August 31st, 2020
- Start with a fresh page: Former Moray journalist on life as a tour guide in Barcelona and her new book - Press and Journal - August 31st, 2020
- Using tech to define the 'new normal' in classrooms | Business Post - Business Post - August 31st, 2020
- A Day in the Life: NBA Journalists Living Inside the Orlando Bubble - Sportscasting - August 31st, 2020
- LINKS Demand Marketing Trailblazes The Bi-lingual On-demand Marketing Experience - Yahoo Finance - August 14th, 2020
- The Walking Dead Onslaught Will Be Forward Compatible With PS5 For PSVR - UploadVR - August 14th, 2020
- Ease anxiety with the sounds of bees - Los Angeles Times - August 14th, 2020
- The role of remote monitoring post-lockdown - Med-Tech Innovation - August 14th, 2020
- DLive add new emote feature - here's how to use it - Dexerto - August 14th, 2020
- As Film Festivals Go Online, a Competitive New Business Takes Shape to Support Them - IndieWire - August 14th, 2020
- The best recent science fiction, fantasy and horror review roundup - The Guardian - August 14th, 2020
- What is The Dream Bell Exchange Ticket in Animal Crossing (& How to Get Them) - Screen Rant - August 10th, 2020
- Instagram launches Reels, its attempt to keep you off TikTok - The Verge - August 10th, 2020
- Join a Virtual Race with the Northwest Broward Road Runners Club - Parkland Talk - Parkland Talk - August 10th, 2020
- Gigabit broadband rollout milestone reached - GOV.UK - GOV.UK - August 10th, 2020
- GMB weather girl Lucy Verasamy parades mind-blowing curves in skintight top - Daily Star - August 10th, 2020
- Understanding files: 4 types of files and their uses - AZ Big Media - August 8th, 2020
- How to remove restrictions from a PDF with free programs? - Explica - August 8th, 2020
- Berkeley has put $580K behind the arts. The caveat: no one can congregate to enjoy them - Berkeleyside - August 8th, 2020
- Dreams PSVR Review: A Messy, Unmissable VR Playground In Need Of An Overhaul - UploadVR - August 8th, 2020
- Mind uploading in fiction - Wikipedia - August 8th, 2020
- In a future of mind uploading, will you still be you, and ... - August 8th, 2020
- The immortalist: Uploading the mind to a computer - BBC News - August 8th, 2020
- The Singularity Is Near: Mind Uploading by 2045? | Live ... - August 8th, 2020
- Eye of the Temple Reminds You How Amazing Room-Scale VR Is, Demo Available Now - UploadVR - August 7th, 2020
- Teaching: Your Questions About Hybrid Teaching Answered - The Chronicle of Higher Education - August 7th, 2020
- New Font Styles on Instagram Stories: How to Find and Use the New Font Styles - Parade - August 7th, 2020
- How to Get Cast on 'The X Factor' - Backstage - August 7th, 2020
- 'Naming The Tree' | Circle Round 103 | Circle Round - WBUR - August 6th, 2020
- Green and Growing: Plant blindness, a mower, and one unfortunate afternoon - theday.com - August 6th, 2020
- Find the Original Source Image of your Favorite Movie - News Lagoon - August 6th, 2020
- Penn law and engineering students built these accessible tech projects for Philly nonprofits - Technical.ly - August 6th, 2020
- PewDiePie shares reason behind not wanting to take photos in public - Dexerto - August 4th, 2020
- Heres how to identify the cause of your slow internet speed - KTAR.com - August 4th, 2020
- Breaking News - Amazon Studios Orders Second Season of the Hit Thriller "Hunters" - The Futon Critic - August 4th, 2020
- Start the Year With a 'Primary Focus' on Relationship-Building - Education Week - August 4th, 2020
- The First Steps in Adding Ecommerce to a Brick-and-mortar Store - Practical Ecommerce - August 4th, 2020
- The digital divide worsens the inequitable impacts of the climate crisis - GreenBiz - August 4th, 2020
- Skypath Security, Inc. Announces the Integration of a multi-functional Panic Button Alert System into its World Class Mobile Defense Platform - PR Web - August 4th, 2020
- Wealth Tech Demystified Part 5: Fee And Billing Software - Barron's - July 31st, 2020
- AI tool developed to predict, monitor and test health and safety of workforce - HR News - July 31st, 2020
- Tim Burton Had 'The Rock' In Mind For 2005 Willy Wonka Adaptation - 97.3FM - July 31st, 2020
- The complete guide to advertising on YouTube - Media Update - July 31st, 2020
- Thanks to COVID-19 cash, faster internet is coming for parts of rural Mississippi - Clarion Ledger - July 31st, 2020
- The Ultimate Ranking of The Muppets - E! Online - July 31st, 2020
- FYJC admissions: CAP committee issues instructions to ensure students face no hiccups while filling forms online - The Indian Express - July 31st, 2020
- Watauga County Schools To Open School Year With 9 Weeks Of Remote Learning - Go Blue Ridge - July 31st, 2020
- Singapore third in Asia-Pacific for mobile network experience ahead of 5G rollout: Study - The Straits Times - July 31st, 2020
- What is alt text in WordPress? How to add image descriptions on your web page to improve accessibility and website ranking - Business Insider... - July 31st, 2020
- 10 Main TV Characters Who Were Dead The Whole Time | ScreenRant - Screen Rant - July 31st, 2020
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Dream Suite: How to Visit Other Players' Islands - Twinfinite - July 30th, 2020
- AvidPlay is the First DIY Music Distribution Service to Support Dolby Atmos Music - GlobeNewswire - July 29th, 2020
- How To Upload Your Garmin Workout During the Outage - DC Rainmaker - July 29th, 2020
- Its Time to Redefine Broadband Speeds - Gizmodo Australia - July 29th, 2020
- Garmin outage: did Garmin pay the ransom to revive Garmin Connect? - T3 (US) - July 29th, 2020
- WCS to Open School Year with 9 Weeks of Remote Learning After a Vote at Tuesday Night Meeting - High Country Press - July 29th, 2020
- Things to do this weekend, from drive-in movies to the City of Steel Virtual Walk/Run - NEXTpittsburgh - July 29th, 2020