New York City is becoming land of the flee because people want some space and a little bit morefreedom, actor Dean Cain told Fox & Friends on Monday.
Cain made the comment afterthe New York Post reported on Sunday that moving companies can barely keep up with the New York City residents who are fleeing the city so fast because of the pandemic and deteriorating quality of life in the Big Apple.
Perry Chance of Show Up movers reportedly told The Post on Sunday that even though the company has four of its own trucks, they had to start using U-Haul trucks as well to meet the demand.
The volume has increased by at least 70 percent in the past few months, he reportedly added, noting that 25 percent of the companys customers are heading from New York City to states such as Connecticut and Pennsylvania.
Cain said he thinks Democratic leadership is to blame for the mass exodus.
CUOMO, UNDER FIRE FOR CORONVAIRUS RESPONSE, DECLARES NEW YORK 'CRUSHED' THE VIRUS
I'm not shockedat all to see this exodus fromNew York City, Cain said on Monday.
He noted that he lives in Malibu, Calif., and he is used tohaving outdoor space and having some area tomove about.
I always felt a little bitstrange in New York City, kind oflikeI don't mean to say it in anegative waybut like living inlittle rat boxes and everybodyon top of each other, Cain continued.
That and the combination of theCOVID-19 situation and thedraconian measures of literally theworst mayor in the historyof New York City has made it soit is the land of the flee andeverybody wants to get out andget some space and a little bit morefreedom.
Host Brian Kilmeade noted that people in Los Angeles are leaving that city as well.
He then asked Cain, Do you think this is a blip ordo you think people are leavingfor good?
In response, Cain, who went to school in New Jersey, noted that he has most recently lived inCalifornia and never in my lifetime did I everthink I would leave Malibu,Calif.
I, for the first time ever amconcerned, if this election goesthe wrong way, I'm concernedabout living here in Californiaand am actually considering leavingfor the first time in my lifetime, Cain continued.So I'd like to believe it's justa blip, however things havegotten so out of control here.
He went on to point out that interms of taxes, it's insane herein California and we're just doing such a poor jobof governing that.
When I go tovisit other states sometimes Igo, Wow itd be awful nice to live hereand save an additional hugeamount of money and have a lot morefreedoms and, hmm, maybe I wouldconsider that so I hope it's ablip, but I fear it's not, Cain said.
Residents in major U.S. cities like New York and San Francisco have been leaving in droves due to various factors, including the lack of jobs during thecoronavirus pandemic and a potentialincrease in violent crime, according to a column postedearlier this month.
Large cities were already hurting before the pandemic. Now, statistics from Indeed, an employment-related search engine, have shown that major U.S. metropolitan areas have seen a greater rise in unemployment and alarger percentage of job loss compared to smaller metros, according to a piece byNoah Smith, a columnist atBloomberg.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Apartment rent prices have already decreased significantly in certain areas. Data collected from Zumper determined thatrent prices have fallen by7.4 percent in Seattle, 11.1 percent in San Franciscoand 6.9 percent in New York City, since the same period last year.
Fox News David Aaro contributed to this report.
See the article here:
- Freedom: The History of an Idea - Foreign Policy Research Institute - June 19th, 2022
- Town Of Freedom Official Site - June 19th, 2022
- Pence skips Faith & Freedom conference. Is attacked by Trump anyways. - POLITICO - June 19th, 2022
- Juneteenth 2022: Freedom Songs on Apple Music - June 19th, 2022
- There's no freedom without reparations - The Connecticut Mirror - June 19th, 2022
- Freedom to Read Celebration, Supporting the Merritt Fund, and Featuring Banned Author David Levithan - ala.org - June 19th, 2022
- Is Technology in Photography Lowering the Bar or Increasing Freedom? - Fstoppers - June 19th, 2022
- Freedom From Fear: Anxiety and Depression Resource Organization - May 12th, 2022
- FREEDOM: Is it just another 'F' word now? - Millard County Chronicle Progress - May 12th, 2022
- Albuquerque Summerfest and Freedom 4th Headliners Announced - City of Albuquerque - May 12th, 2022
- The Freedom Foundation exists to tear down, not build up - Idaho EdNews - May 12th, 2022
- Russian Dissent Then and Now: 'For Your Freedom and Ours' - The Moscow Times - May 12th, 2022
- Freedom Historical Society to present 'Mount Washington Carriage Road and The Glen House' program - Conway Daily Sun - May 12th, 2022
- American Freedom Is Greater Than Slavery and Ends in Death - Tablet Magazine - May 12th, 2022
- The Press Freedom Index is Prepared With Bias and a Flawed Methodology - News18 - May 12th, 2022
- Guest column: GOP is out to limit voting and reproductive freedom - The Bulletin - May 12th, 2022
- Daly and Wallace lawsuit flagged for press freedom concerns - The Irish Times - May 12th, 2022
- Media polarisation risks press freedom and peace in conflict-hit Mali and Ethiopia - The Guardian - May 12th, 2022
- Afghanistan dispatch: 'The Taliban are the enemies of women's freedom' - JURIST - May 12th, 2022
- The Navy just launched a brand new ship it doesnt even want - Task & Purpose - May 12th, 2022
- Yoon stresses freedom, growth as he begins 5-year term - The Korea Herald - May 12th, 2022
- Opinion: More freedom or more death: A pandemic quandary we have yet to solve - The Globe and Mail - May 12th, 2022
- The freedom to divide: zoning and segregation in Connecticut - The Connecticut Mirror - April 28th, 2022
- Watch George Michael Freedom Uncut Trailer, Where the Late Singer Talks About the Pressures of Fame - Variety - April 28th, 2022
- In Our View: Religious freedom at core of Constitution - The Columbian - April 28th, 2022
- Black Girl Freedom Fund Invests Over $4 Million In 68 Organizations, Part Of #1Billion4BlackGirls Campaign - Forbes - April 28th, 2022
- Championing Consumer Freedom in Health Care | Opinion - Newsweek - April 28th, 2022
- Ed Buck and False 'Freedom' - The American Conservative - April 28th, 2022
- Thursday at 10: Preserving the past of the 'Freedom Mine' - WKOW - April 28th, 2022
- 10-rule manifesto by ai weiwei for empowerment and freedom of mind - Designboom - April 28th, 2022
- Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation accepting nominations for "Faces of Freedom" Military Program - MLB.com - April 28th, 2022
- Freedom of Expression - Caltech - April 28th, 2022
- "No Country Should Preach To Another": UK PM On 'Freedom In India' Debate - NDTV - April 28th, 2022
- Red zone 'freedom village' asked to leave twice by council - Stuff - April 28th, 2022
- Opinion | No, Vaccine Mandates Arent an Attack on Freedom - The New York Times - November 2nd, 2021
- Academic Freedom Alliance Letter on the University of Florida Situation - Reason - November 2nd, 2021
- Vaccination, Freedom and Responsibility - Coronavirus Coverage - State of the Planet - November 2nd, 2021
- Freedom football rules 2nd half to beat Liberty, claim city title - lehighvalleylive.com - November 2nd, 2021
- 'Economic freedom' rankings are contrived, meaningless nonsense - The Real News Network - November 2nd, 2021
- Central Valley Right to Life group claims vaccine protection law prohibits freedom of speech - Visalia Times-Delta and Tulare Advance-Register - November 2nd, 2021
- Bitcoin Community Projects Communicate The Message Of Freedom - Bitcoin Magazine - November 2nd, 2021
- Investigative Journalist Roohollah Zam Tops November Ranking Of The One Free Press Coalitions 10 Most Urgent Press Freedom Cases - Forbes - November 2nd, 2021
- Stalin inaugurates exhibition on freedom struggle - The Hindu - November 2nd, 2021
- G-20 Needs a Freedom and Prosperity Agenda More Than Ever - Heritage.org - November 2nd, 2021
- When Jane Johnson jeopardized her freedom for the people who aided her to escape from slavery - Face2Face Africa - November 2nd, 2021
- Letter: Responsibility of Freedom | Opinion | thepilot.com - Southern Pines Pilot - November 2nd, 2021
- Positive Vibes Only: Mayorkun Performs Liberating Track "Freedom" From His New Album 'Back In Office' - grammy.com - November 2nd, 2021
- Do vaccine mandates violate or support our freedom? Avoid anyone who thinks this question is easy - The Dallas Morning News - November 2nd, 2021
- Passing reveals pursuit of happiness, freedom and safety - District - November 2nd, 2021
- Freedom to Roam: The Rhythms Of Migration - Folk Radio UK - November 2nd, 2021
- Diversity Dialogues Raise Issues of Women's Rights, Sexual Identity and Individual Freedom - University of Arkansas Newswire - February 20th, 2021
- Capitol Talk: Antifa; 'Religious Freedom', And Limits On Local Control - MTPR - February 20th, 2021
- John Mayall: The blues have given me musical freedom - Olean Times Herald - February 20th, 2021
- Greta comes out in support of Disha, says freedom of speech and right to peaceful protest non-negotiable - The Tribune India - February 20th, 2021
- Mosaic Announces Long-Term Partnership with Freedom Forever - PRNewswire - February 20th, 2021
- Creative freedom restricted by cloaking it in religion - The Hindu - February 20th, 2021
- Statutes of Liberty: Freedom of Information Act Requests are Free for Immigrants and U.S. Citizens - ARLnow - February 20th, 2021
- Woman who fought for racial equity as a Freedom Rider reflects on the past, gives outlook on the future - WLWT Cincinnati - February 20th, 2021
- Rescue horses move to Freedom to teach, provide therapy for people in need of rescue - Boothbay Register - February 20th, 2021
- Sudan: Forces of Freedom of Change refuses army appointments as governors - Middle East Monitor - February 20th, 2021
- Freedom Foods sees another CFO depart troubled Australian dairy business - just-food.com - February 20th, 2021
- Opinion | Give Fred Gray the Medal of Freedom, because no one deserves it more - alreporter.com - February 20th, 2021
- Biden Has No Time to Lose on Freedom of Navigation Operations Against China - Foreign Policy - February 20th, 2021
- The scars of solitary: Albert Woodfox on freedom after 44 years in a concrete cell - The Guardian - February 20th, 2021
- Washington Spirit owners, Freddy Adu, and more: Freedom Kicks - Black And Red United - February 20th, 2021
- Readers Write: Impeachment trial, freedom of speech, the cold weather - Minneapolis Star Tribune - February 20th, 2021
- What the Trump administration meant for freedom of information requests - Columbia Journalism Review - February 20th, 2021
- Freedom and security: On social media platforms operating in India - The Hindu - February 20th, 2021
- 'You have to stay strong': 102-year-old freedom fighter's message to Disha Ravi - Hindustan Times - February 20th, 2021
- Freedom | Definition of Freedom at Dictionary.com - December 3rd, 2020
- Freedom - Wikipedia - December 3rd, 2020
- After 400 Years, The Reason People Come To America Is Still ... - December 3rd, 2020
- Medicare Advantage Plans for Florida at Freedom Health ... - December 3rd, 2020
- Freedom of Religion or Belief club formed at BYU - The Daily Universe - Universe.byu.edu - September 18th, 2020
- Freedom 76 At Grandview Will Be Live On FloRacing - FloRacing - September 18th, 2020
- Aviation Analysis: Revival of Fifth Freedom Flights? - Sam Chui - September 18th, 2020
- Trump Attacks The 1619 Project: U.S. Wasnt Founded On Slavery And Oppression, It Was Freedom - Moguldom - September 18th, 2020
- PAUL TIYAMBE ZELEZA - Beyond Political Freedom to Inclusive Wealth Creation and Self-Reliance - The Elephant - September 18th, 2020
- Backyard pool will bring joy and freedom to Niagara Falls boy - StCatharinesStandard.ca - September 18th, 2020
- Parson James Talks New Single, Lockdown, and Artistic Freedom - vmagazine.com - September 18th, 2020