Dear Mr. President:
Communist China is a strategic threat and presents a rival model of governance to the United States and liberal democracies throughout the world. It is a challenge we must meet and surmount, for the world is watching and awaiting the outcome.
Unlike many of your predecessors, you have commenced confronting this threat, notably the Beijing regimes predatory trade practices that have gutted our nations manufacturing base and stolen the jobs of hardworking Americans. The results of your initial efforts have begun to accomplish what many said could never be done: the repatriation of our manufacturing base and jobs back to the United States. Combined with your historic tax reforms, the economy under your stewardship soared, including real wages rising and unemployment dropping to record lows.
And the world took notice of what our free people had achieved.
Today, the lives and livelihoods of Americans here, as well as those of nations around the world, have been endangered or tragically taken due to a pandemic spawned by Communist Chinas tyrants concealing the COVID-19 virus from its own people and the worlda cover-up that continues to this day.
Relying upon the experts, you have led the way in advancing the hard but necessary public health measures to protect the American people. To your immense credit, as an entrepreneur yourself, you made this call understanding these lifesaving measures would stop our economy in its tracks. Already, you and your administration have fought for and provided economic relief to help people get through these difficult days until our country can get back on its feet, get back to work, and keep America great.
While America and every nation afflicted by this pandemic grapple with the human toll and economic and societal consequences of COVID-19, Communist Chinathe nation culpable for spreading this pandemic contagionisnt engaged in an apology tour, let alone a simple apology. It is engaged in a propaganda campaign to blame the United States and our military, in particular. Abetted by the World Health Organization and, unconscionably, by some in the American media, the regime continues to lie about its COVID-19 cases and deaths. It goes so far to claim that it has the virus under control. Beijing is sending and/or selling faulty medical equipment around the globe, and proclaiming itself the worlds pandemics saviornot its originator.
Why? Because the world is watching and waiting.
Like Lenin, Stalin, Castro, and other Communist carnival barkers, the Beijing regime proclaims itself the wave of the future. Unlike the United States where we know liberty is the foundation of our prosperity and security, the Chinese Communist Party insists liberty is the enemy of prosperity and security. In the wake of the Hong Kong freedom protests and the ripples those protests sent throughout the mainland, the death and destruction the CCPs COVID-19 cover-up is causing the Chinese people is an existential threat to the oppressive regime.
Denying liberty, if the regime cannot even provide prosperity and security, seems a poor bargain. Why would the rest of the world consider the communist model one worthy of emulating? And, closer to home, the Chinese people will seize the opportunity finally to put this gangster government in the ashcan of historyas they once tried to do in Tiananmen Square, where they were butchered by this hideous regime (and where the CCP also reported zero deaths).
This is not the first time our free republic and her allies have faced such a generational challenge, as the world watched and waited. During the Great Depression, many demagogic ideologues and their deluded followers declared our free republic and other liberal democracies to be antiquated. They proclaimed fascism or communism were the future. And, as the world watched, America and her allies proved them wrong.
Under your leadership, Mr. President, the world will watch America and her allies prove them wrong again about Chinese Communism.
Recently, amidst this pandemic, you have rightly taken more steps to confront the challenge of Communist China and its enablers.
You have raised the prospect of cutting Americas contribution to the World Health Organization. The United States currently covers 20 percent of the WHOs budget. China covers about 10 percent. In return for our contribution, the American taxpayers expect the WHO to be accurate, objective, and credible. Despite paying 50 percent less than the United States, China is getting a far better return on its investment: rather than safeguarding world health, the WHO enabled Communist Chinas cover-up of COVID-19 and the subsequent peril caused to world health.
While this raises the question of whether the WHO believes Communist China is the wave of the future, it leaves no question the WHO should receive no further money from U.S. taxpayers, whose health and prosperity this failed organization has decimated through malfeasance and in collusion with communist China.
In restoring American prosperity in the wake of Communist Chinas covered up COVID-19 pandemic our nation wont be starting from square one, thanks to your foresight and ongoing efforts.
In addition to the already occurring repatriation of jobs back to our shores, for the sake of Americans health, prosperity, and national security, we must incentivize the return of critical pharmaceutical and medical supplies manufacturing back home, so we can never be never extorted by Beijing communists or by any other country for any reason. We must fully guarantee Americas medicines are safe and available when we need them, like the essential personal protective equipment that keeps our doctors, nurses and first responders safe from contracting diseases and infections when they are helping the ill and most vulnerable amongst us.
Further, building upon your historic accomplishment in negotiating the USMCA trade agreement, the United States should be looking to engage in more free trade with free nations. In the near term, America should keep a keen eye out for partnering with countries possessing the raw materials needed to produce medicine, vaccines, and testing for which we currently, dangerously, rely on Communist China.
In the larger picture, we should be leveraging the economic power of the United States to enlist our European, Asian, and Pacific Rim allies to join us in new trade agreements. Based upon the inalienable liberty of free peoples and free markets, the international prosperity and comity produced by these economic agreements will end the delusion that the future will be communist.
At another critical time for our nation, while the world again watched and waited, an American president was pilloried and undermined by the Democratic Party, their allies in the media, academia, and Hollywood. Despite their venom, President Ronald Reagan called out the Soviet Union as an Evil Empire, and demanded that Mikhail Gorbachev tear down this wall. While Gorbachev did not heed that call, thanks to President Reagans policies, the people of Eastern Europe did heed it and the Russian people followed suit by casting off the Communist yoke.
As he charted and navigated the demise of Soviet Communism, President Reagan maintained the lines of communication with Gorbachev and, indeed, he forged a friendship with him. In the Cold War, the stakes were too great for a miscommunication. But President Reagan was never blinded to the nature of the regime led by Gorbachev. Never wavering, President Reagan and his administration steered the Soviet Union off the world stage.
Thus, despite its ruling Chinese Communist Party being engaged in a full-court blitzkrieg and a very serious threat to the United States, geopolitically, economically, militarily, and a threat to the integrity of our institutions given their ability to influence thingsas Attorney General William Barr sagely put it, America, as you have noted, has no quarrel with the Chinese people. This is true. But if one genuinely cares about the Chinese people, one must condemn the Chinese Communist Party. To do otherwise, is to enable and abet the CCPs human rights abuses of the Chinese people.
As in the Cold War, however, we dont have the luxury of shunning or ignoring this regime. Americas strategic interests are too important, and the potential costs of a miscommunication or misunderstood incident are too great.
Nonetheless, this does not preclude a policy of strategic containment of and decoupling from communist Chinaa policy already given voice in a nascent shape by Vice President Mike Pence, a stellar defender of global liberty and human rights. Based upon the necessary actions you have already takenincluding rooting out communist Chinese espionage and identifying agents of influence within our bordersthrough the continued articulation and implementation of this policy America will lay the foundation for the demise of the CCP, and help usher a free China onto the world stage as a welcome member of the community of nations.
Once more, the world is watching and waiting for America to prove the future is freedom.
- For 1st time, Freedom Conference to be held outside Steamboat; organizer blames local COVID-19 restrictions - Steamboat Pilot and Today - July 13th, 2020
- Current crises give cause to consider the meaning of 'freedom' in 2020 - Iowa City Press-Citizen - July 13th, 2020
- Freedom is the cure? - Post Register - July 13th, 2020
- Kahle: Freedom is our brand - Opinion - The Register-Guard - July 13th, 2020
- Kristiine Silinja: "I love exploration, adventures, and freedom. All that comes with a six-string bass" - Guitar World - July 13th, 2020
- Don't let them take our freedom | Letters To The Editor - Uniontown Herald Standard - July 13th, 2020
- The Novels of Tension Between Freedom and Disaster - The New York Review of Books - July 13th, 2020
- 'Optimism of the Will': Palestinian Freedom is Possible Now - Middle East Monitor - July 13th, 2020
- What American freedom means to a refugee from Iraq at a time of protests and pandemic - Chicago Sun-Times - July 13th, 2020
- Suicide of Egyptian activist Sarah Hegazi exposes the 'freedom and violence' of LGBTQ Muslims in exile - The Conversation US - July 13th, 2020
- A Black Alabama hero fights for America and freedom in new novel - AL.com - July 13th, 2020
- The joys of Czech tramping: Hiking with friendship, freedom and fun - The Guardian - July 13th, 2020
- With app bans, is Internet freedom being sacrificed for national security? | The Hindu Parley podcast - The Hindu - July 13th, 2020
- Citizens hold 'freedom drive' in place of parade - Silver City Daily Press and Independent - July 13th, 2020
- Rangila, the ''dancing bear'' rescued from Nepal, celebrates two years of freedom - Outlook India - July 13th, 2020
- Letter to the editor: Freedom comes with responsibilities, so wear a mask - TribLIVE - July 13th, 2020
- Statement in support of OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media - PEN America - July 12th, 2020
- Celebrate the sounds of freedom | News, Sports, Jobs - Alpena News - July 12th, 2020
- Azerbaijan and Tajikistan block renewal of OSCE media freedom representative - The Shift News - July 12th, 2020
- Opinion: Freedom comes with the burden of responsibility - easternnewmexiconews.com - July 12th, 2020
- Oprah Winfrey and BFF Gayle King Reunite for "Freedom Dinner" After Negative Coronavirus Tests - E! NEWS - July 12th, 2020
- 'Give Me Freedom or Give Me Death': 13 Years Without Trial at Guantanamo, My Hunger Strike Is All I Have Left - Common Dreams - July 12th, 2020
- Congress' decision seen as a slap to freedom of press - The Star Online - July 12th, 2020
- Post-lockdown camping: 'It's a taste of freedom' - The Guardian - July 12th, 2020
- Freedom in Ukraine: Moving in the right direction? - The Ukrainian Weekly - July 12th, 2020
- Healing, Justice, and Freedom, as Defined by #BlackLivesMatter - Greatist - July 12th, 2020
- Survival of Americas experiment depends on how we use freedom - Crux: Covering all things Catholic - July 12th, 2020
- Massive protests in Argentina demand justice and freedom; president Fernandez pledges to end the serial haters - MercoPress - July 12th, 2020
- MLS is officially back and more: Freedom Kicks for 9 July 2020 - Black And Red United - July 12th, 2020
- And When He Came to Himself (Luke 15:17) - July 11th, 2020
- MINISTER'S MOMENT / By REV. WILL WILSON | A Christian perspective on freedom - Kilgore News Herald - July 11th, 2020
- The impact of the health crisis on freedom of expression and media freedom - Report by the Secretary General of the Council of Europe, Marija Pejinovi... - July 11th, 2020
- Suicide of Egyptian activist Sarah Hegazi exposes the 'freedom and violence' of LGBTQ Muslims in exile - The Ridgefield Press - July 11th, 2020
- Freedom Day Bailouts Get Several Men Behind Bars Out Before Father's Day | 90.1 FM WABE - WABE 90.1 FM - June 22nd, 2020
- This Week in Technology + Press Freedom: June 21, 2020 - Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press - June 22nd, 2020
- The Juneteenth flag is full of symbols. Here's what they mean - CNN - June 22nd, 2020
- We Have to Talk About Liberating Minds: Angela Davis' Quotes on Freedom - AnOther Magazine - June 22nd, 2020
- Journalism Instructor Leading Online Freedom of Information Event - Ole Miss News - June 22nd, 2020
- Dozens gather for freedom march and rally in downtown Columbus - 10TV - June 22nd, 2020
- Justice Thomas concludes that the "freedom of speech" is a Privilege or Immunity under the 14th Amendment - Reason - June 22nd, 2020
- Freedom launches Pilot to simplify teleoperation on third-party robots - TechCrunch - June 22nd, 2020
- Gov. Stitt says Trump rally attendees 'have freedom to stay home' if concerned about contracting COVID-19 - Tulsa World - June 22nd, 2020
- Opinion: The freedom to take a knee - Houston Chronicle - June 22nd, 2020
- Politicized COVID-19 Response Imperils Both Freedom and Safety, States Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons - GlobeNewswire - June 22nd, 2020
- Julian Assange's fianc calls on the Australian government to secure his freedom - World Socialist Web Site - June 22nd, 2020
- 5th Annual Tybee Island Wade-In commemorates fight for freedom - WSAV-TV - June 22nd, 2020
- Pence to visit Texas for 'Freedom' event at megachurch - Monitor - June 22nd, 2020
- COVID-19: Freedom Means That We Can Do Stupid Things, Not That We Have To - Anchorage Press - June 22nd, 2020
- No restrictions on using firearms: India gives soldiers freedom along LAC in extraordinary times - Hindustan Times - June 22nd, 2020
- Aim to Achieve Financial Freedom in the Stock Market With This $30 Bundle - CT Post - June 22nd, 2020
- Freedom is never defined as mob rule | Opinion - nj.com - May 19th, 2020
- American freedom was tug-of-war from the start - York Dispatch - May 19th, 2020
- Finding the balance between safety and freedom in the shadow of COVID-19 - VentureBeat - May 19th, 2020
- In time of quarantine, we must resist Grand Inquisitors view of freedom - Crux: Covering all things Catholic - May 19th, 2020
- Freedom Does Not Mean Being on the Loose - Psychiatric Times - May 19th, 2020
- The van gives me such freedom: Custom conversion gives Eugene woman wheels on which to roam - The Register-Guard - May 19th, 2020
- Freedom is Never Free - The Hudson Reporter - May 19th, 2020
- Germany's flag burning ban is a threat to freedom of expression - Spectator.co.uk - May 19th, 2020
- What will we do with the new freedom to shop and dine? - cleveland.com - May 19th, 2020
- What does freedom mean in this moment? - The Irish Times - May 19th, 2020
- Event captures memories of Freedom Riders' heroic journey between Anniston and Birmingham - Bham Now - May 19th, 2020
- Are Contact Tracing Apps the Key to Lockdown Freedom? - Redbrick - May 19th, 2020
- Hundreds expected to gather for local Faith & Freedom Rally - KDRV - May 19th, 2020
- Freedom of information laws 'have failed to keep pace with public services' - Aberdeen Evening Express - May 19th, 2020
- Captain Tom Moore receives Freedom award during City of London's first 'virtual' ceremony - FE News - May 11th, 2020
- Boris Johnson's roadmap to ease lockdown will start with more freedom to exercise and back-to-work moves from Wednesday - Telegraph.co.uk - May 11th, 2020
- God alone is the source of liberty and freedom - Akron Beacon Journal - May 11th, 2020
- 'Deadly Dictatorship': How Rodrigo Duterte Has Attacked Freedom of the Media in Latest Closure of Main Broadcaster - The National Interest - May 11th, 2020
- Conjure Women is a tale of slavery and its aftermath - The Economist - May 11th, 2020
- Freedom Haven Emergency Shelter and Transitional Living Home - - KUSI - May 11th, 2020
- Freedom Festival events postponed to 2021, firework show will be held - Deseret News - May 11th, 2020
- Granite State confined at home find freedom and calm in the garden - The Union Leader - May 11th, 2020
- MSNBC contributor: Americans 'freedom-obsessed' to point 'we're blind to other types of threats' | TheHill - The Hill - May 11th, 2020
- Faith and freedom of choice are key ingredients for parenting - The New Indian Express - May 11th, 2020
- Just after Elon Musk denounced coronavirus lockdowns as infringements of freedom, research shows Britons are too scared to leave their homes anyway -... - May 11th, 2020
- Another Freedom Square resident has died of COVID-19 in Pinellas - Tampa Bay Times - May 11th, 2020
- Celebrating freedom in the same garden 75 years on - Jersey Evening Post - May 11th, 2020
- Freedom Is An Issue That Stirs Voters - America's 1st Freedom - May 11th, 2020
- How You Can Advance the Cause of Reason and Freedom - New Ideal - May 11th, 2020
- As Spaniards got their first real taste of freedom this weekend, hundreds of them got arrested and thousands were fined - MarketWatch - May 11th, 2020