Expected to be available in the second half of 2020, the opened Z-Wave Specification will include the ITU.G9959 PHY/MAC radio specification, the application layer, the network layer and the host-device communication protocol. Instead of being a single-source specification, Z-Wave will become a multi-source, wireless smart home standard developed by collective working group members of the Z-Wave Alliance. With more than 100 million interoperable devices deployed, more than 3,200 certified products and over 700 member companies, Z-Wave has the most mature and pervasive smart home ecosystem in the market.
Alliance members and smart home consumers will benefit from the hallmark features of Z-Wave, including interoperability, backwards compatibility, the S2 security framework, easy installation with SmartStart, low-power functionality with a 10-year battery life and long-range with sub-GHz mesh. The Z-Wave Alliance will maintain the certification program and expand the offering to provide technology vendors with both hardware and stack certification and product manufacturers with application layer certification.
"As a standards organization, the Z-Wave Alliance will help solve the interoperability challenges hindering the adoption of smart home devices," said Mitch Klein, executive director for the Z-Wave Alliance. "Members will work together on a single sub-GHZ connectivity solution that guarantees the forward-and-backward compatibility, interoperability, security and robustness needed to grow the IoT. The Z-Wave Alliance will collectively advance a fully realized smart home standard."
Silicon Labs is committed to IoT standardization. By expanding access to Z-Wave as a standard supported by multiple vendors, the smart home ecosystem will benefit both from broader technology support as well as accelerated market adoption.
"Silicon Labs has worked to create positive alignment across the industry with the goal of advancing both security and compatibility in smart home devices," said Jake Alamat, vice president and general manager of IoT home and consumer products at Silicon Labs. "Future success for the smart home industry relies on ecosystems getting closer, not farther apart. The smart home market opportunity is tremendous, and we want to help drive its success. When the ecosystems work together toward a common goal, the entire industry including manufacturers, developers, retailers and consumers benefits from this open collaboration."
"As an early adopter of Z-Wave technology, we welcome this move by Silicon Labs,"said George Land, Z-Wave Alliance board member and general manager of digital products at Trane. "Enabling an even broader ecosystem of interoperability will bolster both consumer and manufacturer confidence, driving overall growth of the industry."
Silicon Labs will continue to invest in Z-Wave technology and contribute to its future growth, collaborating with new suppliers through the expanded Z-Wave Alliance. Development on the opened Z-Wave Specification will be managed by the new working groups in the Alliance in Q3 2020, and details on the silicon and stack platform certification program also will be announced in Q3.
To learn more about Z-Wave technology, please visit silabs.com/z-wave. For more information about Z-Wave Alliance membership, please visit z-wavealliance.org/z-wave-specification.
Companies interested in joining the Z-Wave Alliance can also visit the organization's booth at CES 2020, Sands #41917.
About Z-WaveZ-Wave technology is an internationally recognized ITU standard (G.9959). With more than 3,200 certified interoperable products worldwide, Z-Wave is the leading wireless home control technology in the market today. Represented by theZ-Wave Allianceand supported by more than 700 companies around the world, the standard is a key enabler of smart living solutions for home safety and security, energy, hospitality, office and light commercial applications.
Silicon LabsSilicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) is a leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world. Our award-winning technologies are shaping the future of the Internet of Things, Internet infrastructure, industrial automation, consumer and automotive markets. Our world-class engineering team creates products focused on performance, energy savings, connectivity and simplicity.silabs.com
Connect with Silicon LabsSilicon Labs PR Contact: Dale Weisman +1-512-532-5871, email@example.comFollow Silicon Labs at news.silabs.com, at blog.silabs.com, on Twitter at twitter.com/siliconlabs, on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/siliconlabsand on Facebook at facebook.com/siliconlabs.
Z-Wave Alliance PR Contact: Caster Communications +1-401-792-7080, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cautionary Language This press release may contain forward-looking statements based on Silicon Labs' current expectations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. A number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. For a discussion of factors that could impact Silicon Labs' financial results and cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements, please refer to Silicon Labs' filings with the SEC. Silicon Labs disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Note to editors: Silicon Labs, Silicon Laboratories, the "S" symbol, the Silicon Laboratories logo and the Silicon Labs logo are trademarks of Silicon Laboratories Inc. Z-Wave is a registered trademark of Silicon Labs and its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. All other product names noted herein may be trademarks of their respective holders.
SOURCE Silicon Labs
Read the original post:
- CDFW Awards $37 Million for Ecosystem and Watershed Restoration, Protection and Scientific Study Projects - CDFW News - March 26th, 2020
- Here's how healthcare can build effective ecosystem for innovation, entrepreneurship - India Today - March 26th, 2020
- Neo Foundation unlocks 1.66 million NEO to fund development of ecosystem - NEO News Today - March 26th, 2020
- Sony expands its Smart Agriculture Solution ecosystem - Successful Farming - March 26th, 2020
- Madrid: A city turning eco-fictions into eco-futures through systems innovation - Daily Planet` - March 26th, 2020
- Pablo Escobar's Cocaine Hippos Are Filling Ecosystem Roles in Colombia That Have Been Vacant for Thousands of - Gizmodo - March 26th, 2020
- On The Bench Moves Swiftly to Support the HubSpot Business Ecosystem Putting its Commercial Activity on Hold in the Wake of Coronavirus Disruption -... - March 26th, 2020
- Certain Individual Fish Contribute Far More to Ecosystem Health than Others, Research Shows - Earth Island Journal - March 26th, 2020
- Investing in the Airport Ecosystem: Prospects and Risks - JD Supra - March 26th, 2020
- Breaking Down The Disinformation Ecosystem Around Coronavirus - Newsy - March 26th, 2020
- Duff & Phelps analyses impact of Covid-19 on the value of IPL ecosystem - Best Media Info - March 26th, 2020
- Jack Liu on how Bitcoin SV is changing the payments ecosystem - CoinGeek - March 26th, 2020
- Deepwater Horizon and the Rise of the Omics - Eos - March 26th, 2020
- Tracking app to thermal camera, Indian startup ecosystem is coming together to fight Covid 19 - Economic Times - March 26th, 2020
- Initiative to foster growth of Bangladeshs impact ecosystem launched - The Financial Express BD - March 21st, 2020
- HTC Conducts Its First Virtual "VIVE Ecosystem Conference" (VEC) fully in VR Allowing Global Attendees to Join Virtual Sessions - PRNewswire - March 21st, 2020
- Heres A Look Inside HTCs In-VR Vive Conference, Running This Week - UploadVR - March 21st, 2020
- Navigating the sustainability ecosystem - Recycling Today - March 21st, 2020
- [Startup Bharat] CrAdLE is mentoring entrepreneurs to grow the ecosystem in Gujarat - YourStory - March 21st, 2020
- UTEP partners with City Accelerator to provide insights on El Paso Minority Business Ecosystem - El Paso Herald-Post - March 21st, 2020
- Singapore Emerges as the "Food Tech Ecosystem" of Asia - vegconomist - the vegan business magazine - March 21st, 2020
- IPL cancellation may lead to ecosystem value reducing by $700 mn to $1 bn: Duff & Phelps - TelevisionPost - March 21st, 2020
- HTC Just Hosted Is Vive Ecosystem Conference In Virtual Reality - Ubergizmo - March 21st, 2020
- Vietnams telco becomes latest member of i3forum dedicated to transforming the carrier ecosystem - Telemedia Online - March 21st, 2020
- W Energy Software's New Partner Ecosystem Accelerates Market Expansion and the Move from Legacy Solutions to the Cloud - Yahoo Finance - March 21st, 2020
- Will the Ecosystem Completely Change with Ethereum 2.0? - Crypto Daily - March 16th, 2020
- Pact inked to boost drone ecosystem - The Hindu - March 16th, 2020
- The Irish Banking Ecosystem, Interconnection and the Speed of Change - Finextra - March 16th, 2020
- The Impact of Automated Vehicles on the Transportation Ecosystem - MarketScale - March 16th, 2020
- Most Definitive & Accurate Study on The V2X (Vehicle-to-Everything) Communications Ecosystem: 2019 2030 Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies... - March 16th, 2020
- Trends driving the Thiamazole market in the digital ecosystem - 3rd Watch News - March 16th, 2020
- The road to the strategy on the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration - UN Environment - March 4th, 2020
- Northern Ireland litter's threat to ecosystem revealed - Newry Times - March 4th, 2020
- The particularities of the African ecommerce ecosystem - The Paypers - March 4th, 2020
- The death of the Democratic Party ecosystem - Washington Examiner - March 4th, 2020
- Individual behavior drives ecosystem function and the impacts of harvest - Science Advances - March 4th, 2020
- COVID-19 threatens to test information ecosystem as misinformation goes viral - Macau Business - March 4th, 2020
- The function of fire in the ecosystem - The Community News - March 4th, 2020
- Global Asset Tracking Market 2020-2025: Insights Into Technologies, Solutions, and the Ecosystem Including Major Players - GlobeNewswire - March 4th, 2020
- Johnson fast-tracks bid to solve Australia's player pathway crisis - SBS - The World Game - March 4th, 2020
- New Research from Farnell Reveals Strong Adoption of Artificial Intelligence within the Internet of Things Ecosystem - IoT Business News - March 4th, 2020
- Switzerland based AMNIS Partners with Ripple to Create an Ecosystem First - TWJ News - March 4th, 2020
- Help shape the strategy for the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration - Landscape News - March 4th, 2020
- Binghamton University research highlights ecosystem problems, can it be managed? - WBNG-TV - March 4th, 2020
- Fishing targets the 'super-urinators' that ecosystems need - Futurity: Research News - March 4th, 2020
- Houston needs to overcome its lack of density to continue to develop as an innovation ecosystem, says expert - InnovationMap - March 4th, 2020
- Pulse42: Mumbai's Tech Ecosystem's Break From The Hustle To Unwind - Inc42 Media - March 4th, 2020
- Alt Code Bengaluru is bringing together the healthcare ecosystem to solve India's biggest challenge - healthca - YourStory - March 4th, 2020
- Senet and T-Systems Partner to Deliver Ready-to-Use IoT Solution Bundles - IoT Business News - March 4th, 2020
- Herring River project will revive long-afflicted estuary ecosystem - Cape Cod Times - February 18th, 2020
- Strategic Analysis of Electric Vehicle Ecosystem in the United Kingdom, 2018-2025 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - February 18th, 2020
- Governor's grizzly council makes tracks to Libby City Hall this month - The Western News - February 18th, 2020
- Explained: Mobile App Architecture - The Basis of App Ecosystem - Appinventiv - February 18th, 2020
- Balance Your Own Ecosystem in the Great Board Game Ecosystem - Paste Magazine - February 18th, 2020
- What are Bhutan's sacred forests worth? - Forests News, Center for International Forestry Research - February 18th, 2020
- Ecosystem Services Assessment of the Prins Hendrik Zanddijk - Dredging Today - February 18th, 2020
- ConsenSys Grants funds third cohort of projects to benefit the Ethereum ecosystem - CryptoNinjas - February 18th, 2020
- OIF Members to Showcase Innovation and Interoperability Solutions for the Industrys Most Critical Challenges at OFC 2020 - Yahoo Finance - February 18th, 2020
- JPMorgan Dipping its Toes into the Ethereum Ecosystem Could Be Bullish for ETH - newsBTC - February 18th, 2020
- Regenerative farming: how farmers can make the transition - The Poultry Site - February 18th, 2020
- Announced the Addition of New Statistical Data Titled as Embedded Computing Ecosystem Market 2020 by Growth, Demand & Opportunities & Forecast... - February 18th, 2020
- Here's how a visiting venture capitalist explores Houston's startup ecosystem for the first time - InnovationMap - February 18th, 2020
- On Apple's revenue warningJim Cramer and others weigh in - CNBC - February 18th, 2020
- Floating Farms May Help Reinvent the World's Food Ecosystems - WIRED - February 18th, 2020
- Italian carmaker Maserati to invest USD 1.29 billion to build an electric ecosystem - The New Indian Express - February 18th, 2020
- BitCherry To Build a Trusted Distributed Business Ecosystem - Coinspeaker - February 6th, 2020
- Building a Worker Co-op Ecosystem: Lessons from the Big Apple - Nonprofit Quarterly - February 6th, 2020
- Letters: Healthcare industry needs its own digital ecosystem - ModernHealthcare.com - February 6th, 2020
- The new financial ecosystem of big banks and big tech - ValueWalk - February 6th, 2020
- To protect ecosystem, improve balance on critical regulatory panel - theday.com - February 6th, 2020
- How to fall in love with the Apple ecosystem all over again -- spend more money and buy new stuff - ZDNet - February 6th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence requires trusted data, and a healthy DataOps ecosystem - ZDNet - February 6th, 2020
- Preserve the Sacred Lands of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem - CounterPunch - February 6th, 2020
- Organizations only protect 60% of their business ecosystem, Accenture finds - CIO Dive - February 6th, 2020
- IBM: building a digital ecosystem to support the mine of the future - Mining Global - Mining News, Magazine and Website - February 6th, 2020
- Structo Partners with Pro3dure to Extend applications in the Velox ecosystem - Manufactur3D - February 6th, 2020
- Epic and about 60 hospital chains come out against rules that would make it easier to share medical info - CNBC - February 6th, 2020
- [2020 Outlook] Indian startup ecosystem raring to break new ground in the new year - YourStory - January 2nd, 2020
- [2020 Outlook] What investors expect for the Indian startup ecosystem in the year ahead - YourStory - January 2nd, 2020
- Chuck Todd Finds All the Disinformation In 'Ecosystem Problem' on the Right - NewsBusters - January 2nd, 2020